Potential DT Witness Sally Karioth

My Five Wishes if this is what she talks about is not something that she created. It is about what your wishes would be at any time if you become ill and are hospitalized. Hospitals, Funeral Homes, Nursing facilities, and Council on Aging etc all have these same booklets for you to fill out, sign and have witnessed.

Because I work with this document in my business doesn't make me a professional grief counselor. Do I counsel people almost every single day as we walk them through the funeral arrangement process? Yes. Do I explain to them what they are feeling is normal and OK? Yes Do we have many family members who bond with us and come back for more TLC in the months following losing a family member? Yes. But at some point it becomes more than what we are qualified for and it is our responsibility to say to these loved ones here is a grief counselor phone number. Please call this grief support professional.

I would never represent myself as a grief professional. I think Judge Perry and the State would require her to prove that she is an "expert" beyond what we are seeing on her website. Maybe there is more we don't know about this person. MOO But from first glance it appears she is a champion of motivational speaking.

I've read that she approaches death, dying and grief by using humorous anecdotes. I'm trying to figure out how she can weave a funny little story into Caylee's story. Epic Fail.

I'm sure there are times when her approach is helpful .We had Hospice for my mom and then my dad,who passed away a year ago ,June 4. My FIL is at home and a Hospice nurse came out today,with a very cheerful,positive attitude.

That has nothing to do with ICA's behavior from June 15/16,2008 until now,IMO.I have serious doubts that Ms Karioth would agree with the DT ,should she become familiar with the same info the jury is getting.
If she attempts to explain ICA's behavior in the first 31 + days as coping,she will lose any credibility she has gained over the years.
JMO

Jose was just texting away today as all of ICA's lies played out on the videos...now I wonder if he was texting his office and telling them to find an expert and draft a motion ASAP!

I'm sure there are times when her approach is helpful .We had Hospice for my mom and then my dad,who passed away a year ago ,June 4. My FIL is at home and a Hospice nurse came out today,with a very cheerful,positive attitude.

That has nothing to do with ICA's behavior from June 15/16,2008 until now,IMO.I have serious doubts that Ms Karioth would agree with the DT ,should she become familiar with the same info the jury is getting.
If she attempts to explain ICA's behavior in the first 31 + days as coping,she will lose any credibility she has gained over the years.
JMO

Exactly. My dad's hospice nurse counseled us to keep things 'light' in the final days so we could be together as a family and enjoy our time together. We watched movies and my dad, a very serious character, suddenly LOVED the Three Stooges videos. It still makes me laugh to think about it now. Sitting and laughing with him thruough my tears because he used to forbid my brothers from watching them when they were kids. We joked with my father about that, and my brother would say " I don't know, this stuff is kind of violent' and give our dad the same lecture he once gave. But even in the laughter, we were fully aware of the skeletal appearance of our dying father, who could barely lift his head up. So any comedy or giggling, was ONLY in the context of the imminent sorrow we all felt heavily upon us.

I see NO context for this speaker to apply her anecdotal stories to Casey's ugly coping behavior. None.

Jose was just texting away today as all of ICA's lies played out on the videos...now I wonder if he was texting his office and telling them to find an expert and draft a motion ASAP!

Could very well be what he was doing. He said they had only just thought of it today (Thursday).

My Five Wishes if this is what she talks about is not something that she created. It is about what your wishes would be at any time if you become ill and are hospitalized. Hospitals, Funeral Homes, Nursing facilities, and Council on Aging etc all have these same booklets for you to fill out, sign and have witnessed.

Because I work with this document in my business doesn't make me a professional grief counselor. Do I counsel people almost every single day as we walk them through the funeral arrangement process? Yes. Do I explain to them what they are feeling is normal and OK? Yes Do we have many family members who bond with us and come back for more TLC in the months following losing a family member? Yes. But at some point it becomes more than what we are qualified for and it is our responsibility to say to these loved ones here is a grief counselor phone number. Please call this grief support professional.

I would never represent myself as a grief professional. I think Judge Perry and the State would require her to prove that she is an "expert" beyone what we are seeing on her website. Maybe there is more we don't know about this person. MOO But from first glance it appears she is a champion of motivational speaking.

OT, I admire your ability to help others making decisions around the subject of death.
My FIL is a physician and has been very matter of fact in the last week about what is happening to him and what his wishes are. It's a gift to his family,but also quite surreal to talk to a loved one about their impending death and funeral.

I wish to point out one thing,though. I've lost both my parents and I lost my 15 year old son. I grieve for all of them,but there is a HUGE difference in the pain of a losing a child. It's stated frequently by parents ,but I often hear others who will say "we've all lost loved ones".
This isn't about who's lost more or grieved harder. I point out the difference because it makes ICA's lack of grief or concern all the more suspect to me.
ETA last paragraph has nothing to do with Grandmaj's post.It's just a general statement I wanted to add.

I don't get what kind of wisdom this lady could impart? How is this relevant? Maybe JB just can't get anyone to testify for DT about much of anything? MOO

It does seem JB is pathetically grasping at straws at this point, doesn't it? I seriously doubt Ms. Karioth, even if she agrees to be deposed, will make it into the trial. Hopefully, she's got the sense to just steer clear of this train wreck of a trial. :moo:

I don't get what kind of wisdom this lady could impart? How is this relevant? Maybe JB just can't get anyone to testify for DT about much of anything? MOO

And that's the most likely explanation !
Why did the DT not consider these videos when they came up with that opening statement.
They certainly aren't new and have always been some of the biggest hurdles the inmate has.

I don't care who this person is, unless she is a magician there is no way she will be able to convince anyone that KC's behavior is anything near normal.

Not to disparage Ms Karioth but this looks like a true act of desperation on the part of the defense team. JB wanted to make it clear that he was so certain the behavior during the 31 days would not come in that he did not prepare for the possibility.....that sounds like the start of an appeal too.

Based on what I've read about Sally Karioth today, I got the impression that she was more of a motivational or inspirational speaker than an expert on grief. She can probably sell folks oceanfront condos in Arizona ;) jmo

I agree 100%! My first thought that she is a motivational speaker! I've attended a few and the forum seems to be the same except for the subject! I haven't heard of SK but am suspect of everything the DT pulls out of their "bag of tricks". :twocents: JMO
Savannahanna

Could very well be what he was doing. He said they had only just thought of it today (Thursday).

If he only thought of it today they why did LKB talk about the DT having a bombshell when she was on TV on Wednesday night?

I have not yet read the thread, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the defense team is going to tie in ICA's behavior from April 2006 to present day as being grief related.

It was brought out in testimony from Leonard Turtora that ICA has not been employed by Universal since April 2006, yet she continued to carry on her farce of a life by telling people that she was still employed there.

Obviously, little Caylee did not die until June 16, 2008, so there is no way that ICA could already have been grieving her death for 2 years prior to it even occurring.

If he only thought of it today they why did LKB talk about the DT having a bombshell when she was on TV on Wednesday night?

Very interesting! Thank you for catching & posting this tidbit! With all the "bombshells" being leaked by the DT, I have the mental image of the courtroom becoming a minefield! Maybe SK is being brought in to give JB some motivational lessons.:innocent: As to LKB, just what is her role?! JMO
Savannahanna

CM didn't have a clue about any of this....Jose tried to play dumb, ignoring the judge and winding up his computer cords....finally, he fessed up and admitted to filing the doc. Him saying "he just thought about this" is a plain lie. MOO

thank you so much for this link..

Speaking only to this video, and her proclaimation of expertise.. this woman has only experience with those family members that experience a loss of a terminally ill, extended care patient.

Based on this video, and my experience as a grief support blah blah (attempt at not outing myself) this woman is a fantastic hospice nurse. Actually, based on this video... this is the kind of hospice nurse you would want in the situation if you or your family member were at the end of life..

Regarding this case...this woman will not have credible input based on this video alone.

Must do more research before firm statement.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28114180/index.html

I haven't read this thread yet, I wanted to watch the video first. I signed off after having watched all day-and missed the part about the new defense witness(and George's medical records).

Watching the part where Jose discusses the new witness. From what I am getting( 8:00 mark) is Jose is saying he did not anticipate he would have to explain the "different ways people grieve" because he didn't think the evidence of how Casey was acting before/after would be allowed in the trial.

So he based this defense of Caylee drowning and the George cover up, on the idea that things like the party pics, the shopping videos and the jailhouse tapes-would never been seen by the jury? That is what I am getting.

How long ago did Jose know what the defense was going to use in court? Wouldn't he know that his having to fight to keep something out was the State fighting to use it? :waitasec:

ETA: Chalk one up for watching a little more of the video to have it explain exactly what I was wondering.

(8:06)
JA: Heard and denied motions by the defense attempting to exclude the evidence that Mr. Baez has just said to you he was surprised that you allowed in. I believe that the claim that he was surprised was disingenuous. I would point out to the court the defense's pleading filed on April 12th 2011, titled: Defendant's Response to Motion for Examination by Mental Health Expert. At paragraph two they in fact suggest, that they may want in the alternative, to call an expert who has not examined the defendant,- precisely what they are saying they just thought of. :liar:
(end snip)

Yeah, Jose is being disingenuous. But the question I have is, is this Jose...because this reeks of Casey's way of lying...or are they both the same kind of liar...a combo of them both? Why would Jose say this is something he thought of now? I should probably go listen to the rest of the video because JA might tell me why.

:websleuther:

Just my rambling opinion. First off, I'd like to say, "Run, Sally, Run!"

What is the DT trying to pull now? Is LKB the defense's media foreshadowing expert? She's been under a rock waiting. This is some kind of detour away from the real facts that the defendant is on trial for causing the grieving event. Perhaps this new expert is tied into GA's suicide attempt? IMO, it's a shameful detour from Justice after three long years. Caylee needs Justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back