Potential Pros Problems and an NG Verdict #2 **LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the pictures taken by CSI Welch (that we have not seen), are very good pictures, because the reports made by the CSI's and the Medical examiners office are somewhat confusing, but a picture says a thousand words. If those pictures can not clear up the confusion caused from the written reports, it could be a problem for the prosecution.

Hello Websleuths :) First Post!

I do not think the biggest problem for the prosecution is the evidence itself, lack of evidence (manner of death for example), nor a few fumbles of LE during the investigation.
I think Jose Baez is the biggest problem. Although I know the basis of an ineffective council appeal has to result from him botching her defense during the actual trial, his conflict of interest issues (hai2u ABCnews) could arguably deflect from Casey's best interests. (Assuming such a thing could later translate into ineffective council.)

edited because I can't spell worth a flip.

I do not think the biggest problem for the prosecution is the evidence itself, lack of evidence (manner of death for example), nor a few fumbles of LE during the investigation.
I think Jose Baez is the biggest problem. Although I know the basis of an ineffective council appeal has to result from him botching her defense during the actual trial, his conflict of interest issues (hai2u ABCnews) could arguably deflect from Casey's best interests. (Assuming such a thing could later translate into ineffective council.)

:Welcome-12-june:

Welcome Keyboard Cat! :wave:

I wonder if the car is going to be a problem for the states side.
I know LE was there to find a "missing" child but I would really like to know why it took until the next day to take the car to the crime <? garage. Did the dispatcher tell responding LE about the oder in the car?
IDKW but I would think if they were told they would have sealed off the car as a crime scene right away with an officer protecting it until it could have been towed ASAP.
Am I wrong in my thinking?

I too feel this about the car, Wonders.

The defense will say when it was at the tow yard it was not secured, so anyone could have placed a "body" there (same when parked at Amscot)...which I don't think would fly if all doors were locked and no evidence of lock tampering...JMHO

I wish the state had the video from the security cameras to show no one entered that vehicle after Inmate Anthony abandoned it there...
Justice for Caylee

I think that a problem for the state is going to be KC's allegations of abuse by Lee and George. KC is a liar, but she made these claims before, if this is brought up she could get a jury to feel sorry for her.

The BIG problem I see, and I have follwed this case from day 31, is that the last time Caylee was ever seen in public (excluding the computer salesman I saw her at Target guy...) was by employees at the nursing home on Father's Day. KC said she left Caylee with someone she "trusted". I can see the defense saying the last time KC saw Caylee she was with CA. Based on CA's actions over the past 22 months and all the strange behavior... and the fact that CA never visits KC/KC never even really acknowleges her parents it just MIGHT :banghead: fly?
yes and let's see... lemme think like jose... CA was keeping Caylee form KC to teach her a lesson... she partied cause she thought she was safe with CA or another family member... KC got arrested on a whim... CA knew the death smell and cleaned the car anyway to protect herself... CA never intended for the excited utterance to rare it's eveil head... CA wrote the script yada yada yada

and as far as the claims KC has against GA and LA... we know LA's DNA was cleared as being Caylee's father... Has it ever been reported by LE that GA was not? AND if that is a total lie why is he not pounding the pavement to have those results released to clear him once and for all?:couch:

OK Y'ALL CAN YELL AT ME NOW!

:crazy: I know it sounds way crazy!

The BIG problem I see, and I have follwed this case from day 31, is that the last time Caylee was ever seen in public (excluding the computer salesman I saw her at Target guy...) was by employees at the nursing home on Father's Day. KC said she left Caylee with someone she "trusted". I can see the defense saying the last time KC saw Caylee she was with CA. Based on CA's actions over the past 22 months and all the strange behavior... and the fact that CA never visits KC/KC never even really acknowleges her parents it just MIGHT :banghead: fly?
yes and let's see... lemme think like jose... CA was keeping Caylee form KC to teach her a lesson... she partied cause she thought she was safe with CA or another family member... KC got arrested on a whim... CA knew the death smell and cleaned the car anyway to protect herself... CA never intended for the excited utterance to rare it's eveil head... CA wrote the script yada yada yada

and as far as the claims KC has against GA and LA... we know LA's DNA was cleared as being Caylee's father... Has it ever been reported by LE that GA was not? AND if that is a total lie why is he not pounding the pavement to have those results released to clear him once and for all?:couch:

OK Y'ALL CAN YELL AT ME NOW!

:crazy: I know it sounds way crazy!

O/T but I don't want to let this rumor run out of control again. George's, Casey's and Caylee's DNA results have all been released. No one asked the FBI to check George's DNA for paternity of Caylee, so they did not issue any report about it. However, if you understand the DNA charts you can look at them yourself and see there is a zero percent chance that George is the father of Caylee. Zero. Nada. Nil.

According to the media, there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence against KC.
According to the Grand Jury, there was enough evidence to press charges against her and thoroughly investigate the matter.
This matter has for the most part now been thoroughly investigated, and according to the documents, interviews, depos and pictures, there are a number of questions that can be raised by the defense. According to the defense, there are good, reasonable explanations for much of the circumstantial evidence. Should the defense be successful in raising doubt to a substantial portion of the circumstantial mountain, this could prove to be a big problem for the prosecution at the trial.

Dr. Lee is still one of KC&#8217;s experts. In my opinion that could be a problem for the prosecution at the trial.

I wonder why they have yet to mention if they found any foliage or bugs or sand on the exhaust or undercarriage or even embedded into the tires. Or did I miss something? I have found a lot about the trunk and inside but nothing outside or underneath. If she did allegedly dump Caylees body in the woods how did Caylees body get there, did Casey walk from her house with a garbage bag that had to look like it had a body in it or was Casey dropped off, or did Casey drop somebody off. I read some of the letters but found it difficult to read. If Casey did this was it day or night. I would think there would be something that put that car at the scene. It seems Casey did drive around a lot until she left the car at Amscot. I know when I have had my car repaired at my mechanics shop he has removed dead bugs, lizard carcasses , feathers, branches dead leaves just a lot of road debris many times, he found this anywhere from the brakes to inside the engine. I wonder if the clothes that Cindy washed had evidence of foliage on them. I know when I walk my dogs in the woods I always have to wash my shoes and feet before I come in the house, but the dogs always seem to track in a dead leaf or dirt. You would think when she got back in the car some kind of evidence would have been on her. Even if they vacuumed you would think there should have been something. I only find articles like this: I just hope this case is televised since we are now paying for the cost of the experts.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...Casey-Anthony-case-see-car-seat-part-1-photos

After rereading many of the theories in the theories threads, it seems although most of the posters who theorize Caylee died accidently, most still maintain that KC is to blame. If Caylee somehow died accidently, I don&#8217;t know how this could be considered a premeditated murder. If any of the posters here at WS that has theorized an accidental death is somehow correct, then that would be big trouble for the prosecution.

Eleven pages of posts in the coincidence thread, that&#8217;s an awful lot of coincidences, some of these could be troublesome to the prosecutions case.

In the, evidence we have yet to see, thread, there are many, many things we have yet to see in discovery. At this time, it would seem there will be a lot of evidence that we never will see, simply because the prosecution is not going to use it at trial. It will be mathematically impossible to go through ALL the discovery we know of, and ALL the evidence we don&#8217;t know about in the estimated 6 weeks of actual trial. So, there will be a very large number of things we have discussed here, sometimes at great length, that will not even be admitted as evidence during the actual trial. To tell a basic story, you need to answer the 5 W&#8217;s, Who, What, Where, When and Why. The who, is KC, the what is Caylee died by homicide. The where and the when are unknown, and the why is questionable. Seems like we have only heard half of the prosecutions story, and unless the evidence we have yet to see tells the other half of the story, I think this is really the biggest potential problem of all for the prosecution, come trial time. As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

After reading the defence motion to reconsider Jordon recording and them claiming that he recanted based on LE pressure, If JP decides to allow this I think it may be a problem for the state if Jordan is beleived that he searched the area and she was not there.

Which, by the way, I do believe he searched a diffrent spot, but what I beleive doesnt matter its what the jury beleives.

I am not sure if I already posted this but I'm going to post it again. If the jail letters are admitted I think this could be a problem and here is why.....KC stated in her letter that she asked Zanny to watch Caylee for a bit because she was getting things ready to move with her a Caylee. Then we have the guy that is in California that some of us beleive that she was going to go stay with if She didn't go to NY with TL, so if the defense can convince the jury of this than the party pictures become irrelevant as Zanny had Caylee and it would also make it irrelavant that KC didn't report Caylee missing, so that would leave only a few other things in the states case. Of course I know that the defense would have to prove that this Zanny existed since the State can't prove she is real for this to fly

I wonder why they have yet to mention if they found any foliage or bugs or sand on the exhaust or undercarriage or even embedded into the tires. Or did I miss something? I have found a lot about the trunk and inside but nothing outside or underneath. If she did allegedly dump Caylees body in the woods how did Caylees body get there, did Casey walk from her house with a garbage bag that had to look like it had a body in it or was Casey dropped off, or did Casey drop somebody off. I read some of the letters but found it difficult to read. If Casey did this was it day or night. I would think there would be something that put that car at the scene. It seems Casey did drive around a lot until she left the car at Amscot. I know when I have had my car repaired at my mechanics shop he has removed dead bugs, lizard carcasses , feathers, branches dead leaves just a lot of road debris many times, he found this anywhere from the brakes to inside the engine. I wonder if the clothes that Cindy washed had evidence of foliage on them. I know when I walk my dogs in the woods I always have to wash my shoes and feet before I come in the house, but the dogs always seem to track in a dead leaf or dirt. You would think when she got back in the car some kind of evidence would have been on her. Even if they vacuumed you would think there should have been something. I only find articles like this: I just hope this case is televised since we are now paying for the cost of the experts.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...Casey-Anthony-case-see-car-seat-part-1-photos

I thought the body was close enough to the road that she just flung it into the brush while standing at the side of the road, or walked a few feet in and then tossed it. If that indeed happened, there was no need for her to drive off of the pavement at all.

BBM

His reputation is tarnished. Judge Fidler ruled that Dr. Lee hid a piece of evidence from the prosecution in the Spector trial. I see this being a problem for the defense, actually, if the prosecution in KC's trial hits Dr. Lee with it on the stand.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2327084920070524

But would that info be even admissable in court??
Otherwise I don't think the average citizen would know that. I live in Central FL and other than on the boards I didn't know anyone that followed that trial here and saw only a couple of short write-ups even pertaining to the Spector trial in general in the local media.

Anyone know if this has been asked in the Lawyer's Thread?

Otherwise I don't think the average citizen would know that. I live in Central FL and other than on the boards I didn't know anyone that followed that trial here and saw only a couple of short write-ups even pertaining to the Spector trial in general in the local media.

IIRC it can be brought up .It goes to heart of his testimony . A judge RULED that he hid evidence and was not believable in court.

According to the media, there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence against KC.
According to the Grand Jury, there was enough evidence to press charges against her and thoroughly investigate the matter.
This matter has for the most part now been thoroughly investigated, and according to the documents, interviews, depos and pictures, there are a number of questions that can be raised by the defense. According to the defense, there are good, reasonable explanations for much of the circumstantial evidence. Should the defense be successful in raising doubt to a substantial portion of the circumstantial mountain, this could prove to be a big problem for the prosecution at the trial.

That's true. The defense has said they have good,reasonable explainations for everything. Like when they claimed Caylee was alive and when the truth came out we would all understand. I understood the duct tape.
Like when one of her defense lawyers claimed IN COURT that they had evidence PROVING Caylee was placed in the woods after KC went to jail. They were ORDERED to produce that discovery by Febrtuary. Nada.........just crickets.
I'm not holding my breath til they produce a reasonable explaination. Should be entertaining to watch them try, though. IMO

Yes; it's my understanding that the State can use the record from the Spector trial to impeach Dr. Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1