Potential Pros Problems and an NG Verdict #2 **LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION**

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Not really a discussion about NG, more about prosecution problems):

If I were a juror I MIGHT be able to accept the accident-with-inappropriate-response theory**:

Theory: When KC discovered the "accident"* and when no one answered their phones (they could have been "punishing" her with silent treatments) KC went bonkers and tried to cover things up in a misguided attempt to hide the fact that Caylee died because of something KC did or didn't do. (The defense would explain that KC did the duct tape/hiding thing so that her parents, specifically her Mother, would not blame KC. The defense could proffer that in KC's crazed state (after having found Caylee dead) KC staged the kidnapping so as to not "be in trouble" with her Mother). This response is not what you or I would do, but the defense can describe deviant/inappropriate response with experts.

* We have no way of knowing the exact manner of death. Caylee may have died from "drugging" and or neglect (no supervision as she went off to swim by herself in the backyard pool). The defense could even offer that KC doesn't know how Caylee died because when KC found Caylee KC went into a state of amnesia (or some such thing) and doesn't remember. It was a trauma to find her, she lost touch with reality, etc.

The scenario I am describing seems to fit Criminally Negligent Manslaughter. I am not sure how Baez could swing this, it would require his client coming clean. (But then again, if she doesn't "remember" how can she come clean? Expert testimony, I guess).

Right now the defense is questioning every possible thing like an Oliver Stone movie where everyone is suspect and the forensics are flawed, etc. People will see through those shenanigans. HOWEVER, Baez might be able to swing a lesser charge if the prosecution agreed. 1-20 years! Remember, she did agree that she wrote bad checks...so she is capable of admitting to things...apparently.

Criminally negligent manslaughter would disappoint all those who want to exact their pound of flesh, but I believe a jury could understand that KC didn't "mean" for Caylee to die, etc etc. No previous criminal acts, etc.

I hope that the State has cleared Kio Marie, Because I feel this may be a problem if the defense decides to go that route. Through her own words she admits to have been to those woods burying dead animals, and putting stickers on the tape, if memory serves me right she also sold her story to the Enquirer, so she may be a problem.

I hope that the State has cleared Kio Marie, Because I feel this may be a problem if the defense decides to go that route. Through her own words she admits to have been to those woods burying dead animals, and putting stickers on the tape, if memory serves me right she also sold her story to the Enquirer, so she may be a problem.

I thought the area where supposedly Kio and KC buried their dead pets was behind the school...no where near where Caylee was found. The school is across the street from where Caylee was located. :waitasec:

I thought the area where supposedly Kio and KC buried their dead pets was behind the school...no where near where Caylee was found. The school is across the street from where Caylee was located. :waitasec:

You may be right, I will have to go back and look, but not tonight. Something was mentioned in the recent emails and got me thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther