Powell's Graham house a 'fake,' investigators say

Let's hope we see charges as such against her for lying for him. It would be well-deserved.

THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED INFO: I may be getting this totally wrong, and I have no links...BUT I heard various discussions on the local news here (Seattle) which made me think that Josh had been having the supervised visits at his pastor's house (after complaining that prior visits, held somewhere where other families were as well, were not private enough). And that the fatal visit was somehow finagled so it could be at the rental house - like, the pastor thought that had been approved but it wasn't? Or something like that. In any case, I was left with the impression that the visits had not been occurring at the rental home. AGAIN, this may be my faulty understanding or a misconception. There was so much coverage here and, like everyone, I was in shock so maybe I got it wrong. But if it's correct, that would explain why CPS never had a chance to see that the house was staged. (I'm left wondering why he would bother to stage it if he had his horrible plans in place...but maybe he didn't plan too far in advance....shudder. Who can understand this??)

Also, if Alina did help him stage it, I would think that means only that she was doing usual Powell stuff: putting one over on The Man. I'm sure it never would have occurred to her that anything horrible was going to happen to the boys. But the Powells clearly don't like following rules or being told what to do. IMO!

BBM. I respectfully disagree. With as much violence that went on in the SP home, Alina definitely knew the violence Josh was capable of. She even stated in the 911 call that "he's never hurt HER".

I found that an odd comment. If JP had just staged this house, the only other place he could have been living is with her. These visits were biweekly and this was like the 24th visit (probably 12th Sunday visit). She knew those boys were there every Sunday for 3 hours.

She should be charged as an accessory and inhindering an investigation. She was in court with him during that last hearing. She had knowledge that he did not live in that house. She refused to turn over her cell phone and the emails to LE until they had to get a search warrant.

I hope they shake Alina down....

do we know that there weren't toiletries and such in the house? or is that speculation?

It makes me think he meticulously planned everything. From Susan's death and disposal to the steps he took before killing his children. The trip to the storage locker and to the dump could be a red herring IMO. He's that devious. Why would he dispose of anything in the landfill when he knew he would completely destroy everything in the house? He knew he would be linked to being at the storage locker that day, so why bother? KWIM?

Detectives said they believe Powell passed the abandoned home off as his so that he could be granted supervised visits with his sons, Charlie, 7, and Braden, 5.
"He set it up like a rental place, with pictures of the family," Sgt. Denny Wood said at the meeting, the newspaper reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/15/josh-powell-did-not-live-at-home-where-sons-died-in-gas-fueled-explosion/#ixzz1mUI7kWyl

BBM...I'm confused. Did he rent the place or was it just an abandoned property? I'm reading posts with quotes from the landlord but the post above sounds like he saw an empty house and squatted there solely for the purpose of getting the kids alone and doing what he did.

If he was really renting the house, why would he, being a grown man, rather pay rent for his own place but stay at his father's house? IMO, SP had a cult-like hold on JP and Alina.

BBM. I think it also may be possible.

Lastly, since LE now knows and suspected from the very beginning after the fire, WHY HAVE THEY NO ISSUED ANOTHER SEARCH WARRANT FOR SP'S HOUSE?

We know he was supposedly working from home; therefore, I am willing to bet his computer is at SP's home. WHY HAVE THEY NOT CONFISCATED THAT COMPUTER YET?

Remember how Scott Peterson did searches on his computer for the tidal waves for the bay he dumped Laci's body in?

How many criminals/murderers have they now caught by computer searches?

I have always felt if they had JP's computer, they would find clues to where Susan is. I had lost hope thinking it burned up in the fire. Now I am not so sure with this new information. The computer is the first thing I thought of.

I was wondering why the ONLY thing I could make out in the fire that resembled furniture was a kitchen chair. In the photos, on the back right side of the house, that was the kitchen. You can tell where the french doors had been and it looked like a metal kitchen chair in the pics.

I don't mean to sound like a not it all and appear to have and agenda against Alina, but I can't help for feeling that she knows so much more than she is letting on and it makes me angry.

They are now saying they have JP's computers and thinks there may be clues to Susan's death on the hard drives. But sneaky JP used encryption, so the cops are goingi to have a hard time getting through the encryption if they can at all. It depends on the level of encryption that JP used. High level would be almost impossible to get through, I was told by a technician. Lower levels might be possible. So I hope they can hire some hackers to do the work.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/secret-computer-files-may-hold-clues-about-susan-p/nHdGb/

They are now saying they have JP's computers and thinks there may be clues to Susan's death on the hard drives. But sneaky JP used encryption, so the cops are goingi to have a hard time getting through the encryption if they can at all. It depends on the level of encryption that JP used. High level would be almost impossible to get through, I was told by a technician. Lower levels might be possible. So I hope they can hire some hackers to do the work.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/secret-computer-files-may-hold-clues-about-susan-p/nHdGb/

Get the people who trained Josh to assist the police then. He had to learn from SOMEONE. Surely there is someone left in the US that's is more technologically advanced (smarter) than JP!

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/14/2026058/investigators-josh-powell-used.html

Story from our local news paper (Tacoma, WA). It does state that there was an "explosion" at the house due to the gasoline.

Wow, it talks about the stuff in the storage unit -- dried foods and water as if JP thought he'd have to survive hidden somewhere for a long time. And the boxes and boxes of receipts in JP's bedroom at SP's House of Craziness really showed how demented JP was. People who are that meticulous about such small things and never throw out any receipt are usually one step away from cracking up.

"He doesn't deal on emotion". Exactly. He was a sociopath.

I'm confident they'll be able to crack his encryption. I imagine there's a lot of computer experts who wouldn't mind helping out in this case, and they're a lot more talented than Josh was.

Wow, it talks about the stuff in the storage unit -- dried foods and water as if JP thought he'd have to survive hidden somewhere for a long time. And the boxes and boxes of receipts in JP's bedroom at SP's House of Craziness really showed how demented JP was. People who are that meticulous about such small things and never throw out any receipt are usually one step away from cracking up.

"He doesn't deal on emotion". Exactly. He was a sociopath.

I hope he HAD planned to go on the run/into hiding and mistimed everything! BOOM!!!
bye bye - dummy!

Was his computer in storage? If so I'm not sure he meant to killl himself or it would have burned up to.

I'm confident they'll be able to crack his encryption. I imagine there's a lot of computer experts who wouldn't mind helping out in this case, and they're a lot more talented than Josh was.

I know a kid that could. can't pass his driver's test but the boy in unfeaking-believeable at what he can do. We had to ban him from using our computers cause we got scared that he might get us in trouble.

HEY they have some great HACKERS in prison... just saying...

Yep this sounds like a good job for those Annonymous Hackers that wear those masks. They need to be doing more stuff like this and finding out about these husbands of all these missing women.

I know a kid that could. can't pass his driver's test but the boy in unfeaking-believeable at what he can do. We had to ban him from using our computers cause we got scared that he might get us in trouble.

HEY they have some great HACKERS in prison... just saying...

Exactly. There's many levels of encryption, and I can see Josh thinking he's pulling one over on the PD. I have much more faith in the PD than that.

Interestingly, though, the KIRO article struck me as the PD intentionally making it seem like they weren't capable of handling the encryption.

BBM. I respectfully disagree. With as much violence that went on in the SP home, Alina definitely knew the violence Josh was capable of. She even stated in the 911 call that "he's never hurt HER".

I see what you mean. I was thinking strictly that I doubt she helped stage the home knowing that he had specific plans...but of course I don't really know - and plenty of evil signs were there.

I hope he HAD planned to go on the run/into hiding and mistimed everything! BOOM!!!
bye bye - dummy!

Was his computer in storage? If so I'm not sure he meant to killl himself or it would have burned up to.

I think the computer was at SP's house that they are talking about but that would mean they've had it for quite a while. I agree with what someone suggested -- get a young smart kid and they'll get past that encryption after awhile.

There was soot in their windpipes, Wood said, which meant they were still breathing at the time of the explosion. But he believes they were unconscious after their father hit them, and did not suffer.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/14/2026058/investigators-josh-powell-used.html#storylink=cpy

I was hoping the suddenly loss in blood pressure would have made them faint immediately and lose consciousness. Let's hope they didn't know what happened after that. It must have been that way since JP then could freely walk around dousing everything with gas while they were unconscious.

Exactly. There's many levels of encryption, and I can see Josh thinking he's pulling one over on the PD. I have much more faith in the PD than that.

Interestingly, though, the KIRO article struck me as the PD intentionally making it seem like they weren't capable of handling the encryption.

BBM They may want to give that impression because of steve's 'interests'. If there are more people involved in a *advertiser censored* ring then they will smugly think LE can't affect them and their actions; a 'wider net' thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back