Profiling a killer

Anything interesting going on in the main thread? I cannot keep up with all these threads, the searching for birth data and the chart work too. Have to let some of it go. I'm a newb, I'll get used to it! ;)

On HLN something about a note that is odd, at memorial for Sandra.
Is killer taunting police..........on soon..........

Anything interesting going on in the main thread? I cannot keep up with all these threads, the searching for birth data and the chart work too. Have to let some of it go. I'm a newb, I'll get used to it! ;)
Actually, threads separated by topic are far easier to follow than one enormous catch-all.

Actually, threads separated by topic are far easier to follow than one enormous catch-all.

True enough! I think I'll stick to the minor threads and the astro thread. The long threads move too fast, etc.

Grrr, a man on HLN I think from the Tracy police said they can't rule out running away from home. Please.

This is why, if the Pastor is not the perp, it may well be someone connected to him through the church, the church's alleged work with RSO's (someone please refresh where that info is--thanks), and/or the MHP. I am thinking mainly of FM connected to him in peoplesearch databases.

This article came about yesterday, what thread (??) someone researched the church's history came across an article about how the church supports an individual even if they have a record and are considered an SO.

I think someone said there is a fence at the back of the property separating the MHP from the field that leads to the back of the church.

Mysterylover, your second question is interesting considering the forensic astrologers Soulscape and Tuba determined an 8:15pm demise. (quick)

So, how is Sandra transported to the church?

The following are questions that have crossed my mind:
1. IS there any possibility the child walked to the church and the killer was already at the church as well as the luggage ??...

hides her in the suitcase in the church shed, possibly until they get a vehicle large enough to load the suitcase in..

2. Could the child have walked-up on 'someone' & saw 'something' at church that caused the persons to murder her??...:angel:

3. Did anyone other than myself have their hair stand up on their arms, when Williams, the male church member made sure he told about the stolen suitcase and yard sale? Hmmm!

Has there been any info on this Williams?

comment on killer profile

snipped from article linked below:

Pollini, who is not involved in the investigation, said based on what has been publicly disclosed, it appears Sandra's killer fits a "disorganized" profile someone lacking in intelligence who would commit a crime close to home and dump the victim's body nearby.

http://www.pe.com/ap_news/California..._397440C.shtml

(copied from Sandra Cantu thread #8)

I'd like to edit this post because the link no longer leads to the article. Here's a link that does work.

http://cbs13.com/local/sandra.cantu.relatives.2.980088.html

My opinion is the perp will be someone who has not killed previously, but has demonstrated a proclivity towards other female children of this age group. I would expect to find they are older (40's plus). They may have been suspected before of various behaviors such as peeping, stalking, or otherwise inappropriate sexual advances possibly within their own family.

I think the perp will be known to the family of Sandra and others in the small community surrounding them. The care taken to conceal her body in the bag points to someone who needed to hide her. If this were a stranger, she would have been found out in the open, imo.

Wow! Great snippit on d/o killers. Bold is mine.

This for sure seemed like an impulsive act that occured when the opportunity arose (Sandra walking up the street). We do not know how far back into the park she made it on that street but she never walked back past the camera toward her house. She was headed toward the Pastor... but we also know from a neighbor across the street that Wohler used to go out of his way to drive past her house all the time and was also due to be on his way to work in that time frame.

The rarely bother to cover tracks is also very interesting. I think the suitcase fits in here along with any other sloppy coverups that might have been found in any of the mobile homes of the POIs they are looking at. Also, it is my opinion that the disposal in the pond was sloppy and also fits with a low IQ. I don't happen to think the person knew about the pond being drained. One resident of Tracy was quoted as saying it was the closest body of water to the town. I think our perp had a really good knowledge of the general area and dumped her in the first place possible. The pond had a stand of trees in front of it that could have covered the disposal of the case as well as it being remote, and if he dumped her that night, dark as well.

Socially inadequate, eccentric, "a bit creepy", and introverted fit with all four of the POIs (cannot comment on cousin as we don't even have a name). When I see the word eccentric Wohler and the Preacher stand out first and foremost. Creepy...first one that pops to my mind is preacher and wohler.

sorry for the long post

I agree, also when dumping the body in the nearby of water, I watched the video of a reporter showing "how long it would take for the killer to get to the irrigation pond", and it took 5 mins. This killer would have a window of opportunity and not want to wake a spouse, girlfriend, roomate etc. and be gone literally 30 mins and no one would notice. I think that is why they dump the body close to home because of covering a possible alibi (I went for a pack of cigs, we were out of milk, etc.)

KR2 - Thank you so much for this snip. I have made some comments in green, just about how I see this perp. I am NO expert, just putting out some thoughts for discussion.

<<Disorganized/asocial offenders

Disorganized/asocial offenders are often of low intelligence, have a below average IQ (<90), and commit their crimes impulsively. I can see this where Sandra is concerned. Whereas the organized killer will specifically set out to hunt a victim, and I see this. I really think it was someone who wanted Sandra, not just anybody. the disorganized will murder someone when the opportunity arises, rarely bothering to dispose of the body but instead just leaving it at the same place where they found the victim. This does not fit at all. The body was disposed of. They usually carry out "blitz" attacks, leaping out and attacking their victims without warning, and will typically perform whatever rituals they feel compelled to carry out (e.g., necrophilia, mutilation, cannibalism, etc.) once the victim is dead. So far we have no information to analyze this statement. They rarely bother to cover their tracks He did try to cover his tracks but may still evade capture for some time because of a level of cunning that compels them to keep on the move. I don't think he is moving. I think he is right there, very close to the MHP. They are often socially inadequate with few friends, and they may have a history of mental problems and be regarded by acquaintances as eccentric or even "a bit creepy". Usually they are very introverted people, too. They have little insight into their crimes and may even block out memories of committing the murders.>>

Snipped from Wiki, it was mentioned in an article today that Sandra's killer has the makings of a Disorganized killer. A that would not have the intelligence, and would murder and place the body close to home.

I have not read the explanation for other types of killers, but based on this description - I don't think this perp can be classified as "disorganized." He took time to redress Sandra, down to her shoes supposedly. This dude has something to hide/protect. He can't be seen as a "monster." I also think he has "insight" into his crime. He knew what he wanted, and he found a way to get it. I think now he is probably feeling some level of guilt, especially with all the national attention - but the guilt has more to do with his loss of control, and less to to with Sandra (if that makes sense). As for the intelligence factor, I can see him acting implusively but I think, as many others have speculated, that he was just waiting for the right time.

I'll have to go read that Wiki link.

Salem

When are we going to get enough of these monsters raping/drugging and killing our children and ruining so many lives? WE need to start today and demand changes with the laws and vote in some tough 'judges'?

I suggest ALL Child predators/sex offenders/molestors/rapists be implanted with a MICROCHIP on their first offense....:behindbar

Didn't read the whole thread but I did read the profile. The profiling seems to be right if not obvious. I wonder what the FBI profiler said about the perps psychology. It's particularly interesting now that we know who did it. :waitasec:
FBI is bringing in behavioral profilers since a woman perp is such an anomaly in this type of case. Gee, bet we'll see this case on Snapped!

Here's what we know so far:
Here what we had on Melissa yesterday prior to her arrest: She owned the suitcase, it was supposedly stolen but she never reported it to police, knew the irrigation ponds, worked at the church, daughter played with Sandra, lived two doors down, with Lawless. And... found a note with key words about the case on it. Then there were reports of her drugging/molesting a 7 year old and she has petty theft convictions.
SeriouslySearching said:
Here is a recap of only part of what we surmised early on from her media blitz yesterday. This was posted on page 12 of this thread when we were discussing MH.:

Melissa Huckaby admitted to:

1) Owning the suitcase in which Sandra's body was found.

2) Seeing Sandra at the time she went missing (last known person to see her alive).

3) Going to the church during the time Sandra went missing.

4) Admitting she has frequented the dump site where Sandra's body was found in HER suitcase.

5) Having a note which details the exact location of Sandra's body.

6) Having no alibi at the time Sandra went missing unless she was seen at the church by someone else.

FBI is bringing in behavioral profilers since a woman perp is such an anomaly in this type of case. Gee, bet we'll see this case on Snapped!

I read that before somewhere and totally forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure they won't release it publicly but it would be fascinating to know.

I read that before somewhere and totally forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure they won't release it publicly but it would be fascinating to know.

Hi Dan, I think that either during the process of the trial or afterwards we will read much about this phenom. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to read profilers writing about it sooner since we hqave had severalwomen lately who have killed children. We think!

I think the males will always outweigh the ladies in this respect, but dueo to the COLD CASE files, our statistics might not be very accurate after all. xox

Hi Dan, I think that either during the process of the trial or afterwards we will read much about this phenom. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to read profilers writing about it sooner since we hqave had severalwomen lately who have killed children. We think!

I think the males will always outweigh the ladies in this respect, but dueo to the COLD CASE files, our statistics might not be very accurate after all. xox

Those are usually women killing their own children. This is extremely unique because women VERY rarely kill kids that aren't their own. That's unfortunately for me to say, a male thing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back