Prosecution Motion filed to strike Lifetime from channels available for the Jury

It wasn't Lifetime that ran the Casey Anthony scenario starring HIllary Duff, but they did just come out with a movie about the Knox case in Italy, so there's no telling what they will do, and I somewhat have to agree with the banning of that channel.

I would agree if it was a husband scenario - but are there any sympathetic to child killers?

(or alleged child killers)

But who will watch all of Meredith Baxter-Birney's movies??

BBM: I had to respond when I saw this ...

My Opinion Only ... IF -- they do a movie, I think Meredith could play Cindy A ... she did a good job in "The Betty Broderick Story" ...

LOL ...

Wasn't there plans at one point for Lifetime to do a special about this case? :waitasec: I'm guessing that didn't turn out like CA and JB had planned, so a pox on all who watch Lifetime! :Banane18: They shall go the way of the Oprah show, who CA couldn't work into her busy schedule. They shall block Lifetime, OWN, all local news reports, and any channel that shows ANY of the Law & Order series, and only show defense friendly channels, such as HLN and . . uh. . .well. . .HLN it is!

:laughcry:

Could it have anything to do with Jim Lichtenstein sitting in on every single hearing and the possibility he's making a movie? :waitasec:

See this thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114089"]Jim Lichtenstein - Movie Deal? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:banghead:
WFTV says its the Prosecution
WESH says its the Defense

Maybe both sides filed a Motion objecting to Lifetime...

What about reading books?
Many people have E-readers/Tablets now..are those going to be banned as well?

Only ONE of them objected by the April 1st deadline according to myorangeclerk.com

Can't wait to see which one it was. :) hmmm let me see...on time... my bet is with the prosecution.

I think it's because they tend to slant everything to the favor of the woman in the story, even if she is a criminal. I love my Lifetime movies!!

I can see why they may want to steer the jury clear of the "abused women who been done wrong by the men in their lives" channel. Just saying. :innocent:

I sent Kathi Belich an email and asked her which side it was. She just replied:

The state is objecting to lifetime and lifetime movie channel unless they can get a programming schedule and see what will be shown.

I can see why they may want to steer the jury clear of the "abused women who been done wrong by the men in their lives" channel. Just saying. :innocent:

:waitasec:

hmmm .... "abused women" ...

I wonder if the DT will claim that Casey was abused ... by GA ? Lots of these movies on LMN.

I would agree if it was a husband scenario - but are there any sympathetic to child killers?

(or alleged child killers)

I don't know, not necessarily, but there was a movie with Kate Jackson and Tracey Gold, Kate plays Tracey's mother and she kidnaps Tracey's little son. It was glamorized that the grandmother was protecting the grandson from something she thought the mother was doing wrong, or, I shouldn't say that because I only watched about ten minutes of it really.

you know, I've never been a fan of censorship on any level, nor am I a big fan of the executives of a TV station editorializing on what THEY think I can handle. For example, a few days after 9/11, TBS was running the original "Back to the Future", and in the scene in the coffee shop where Marty was writing the letter to doc, Michael J. Fox says the line at the same time that the camera shows the letter, "On the night I go back, you will be shot by terrorists." Not only was the "by terrorists" line silenced, but I swear to God, they actually whited out the "by terrorists" in Marty's letter. It was blocked out with a big white block. I was astonished. How dare some fat bloated businessman sitting in his office with flourscent lights buzzing over his head decide for ME whether or not I can handle hearing the word "terrorists" at that point in time. I was furious. I don't like to "ban" anything, I disagree with bans on every levels. but this, this isn't really a ban, so much as limited access for a specific purpose. Hmm. now that I think about it, I'm not sure I agree anymore. I think I've just convinced myself to change my mind on this.

Let the movies roll. Let's not patronize the jurors. If they're worried about influence of REPORTED NEWS, fine, but influence of MOVIES? I'd fight that tooth and nail.

Boy, I'm fickle, haa.

faefrost my husband calls Lifetime the "I hate men channel"! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I don't have a problem with either side wanting Lifetime banned but I have to wonder where the line is gonna get drawn. There are so many variables of shows that could be crossed off the list...

Friends...Jury may think all Casey's friends were just like them...except for the no-clothes party.

Golden Girls...Jury may think Cindy is one of them...except for the lies.

You know what I mean...

:banghead:
WFTV says its the Prosecution
WESH says its the Defense

Maybe both sides filed a Motion objecting to Lifetime...

What about reading books?
Many people have E-readers/Tablets now..are those going to be banned as well?

Remember, WESH = We Emit Suspicious Headlines.

I wager one fine Belgian ale that WFTV has it right and it was the prosecution that asked for this.

(Though if it does turn out to have been a DT request, well, maybe they're worried that the station's name will give the jurors a subliminal message about what penalty to recommend?)

(ETA--BChand, thanks for going to KB for the real scoop! :blowkiss:)

I wager one fine Belgian ale that WFTV has it right and it was the prosecution that asked for this.

(Though if it does turn out to have been a DT request, well, maybe they're worried that the station's name will give the jurors a subliminal message about what penalty to recommend?)

BBM :floorlaugh:

I think they don't want the jury to get their murdering chick storylines confused. jmo

We just need JB to be gagged while JA &LDB are speaking! OR lock him in a barrel of Febreze.!:rocker:

We just need JB to be gagged while JA &LDB are speaking! OR lock him in a barrel of Febreze.!:rocker:

:floorlaugh:

OR -- lock him in Casey's Pontiac and let him take in the smell of "decomposition" ...

I am wrong. Maybe a mod will change the title. I have no excuse other than I saw a DT somewhere!

No one is wrong. One article says the state doesn't want it, another says it's the defense. Is it both? :waitasec:

I'll just change it to "A motion has been filed...." :innocent:

Either way, I agree with Jurors not having this channel. Although it is my favorite.. I would hate to know that jurors are watching it and feeling the emotions that I do..you know, the go hug your children, call your parents to tell them you love them, or just go make whoopie before the kids get home:crazy:

If they are sequestered, they don't need the emotions of dealing with lifetime.
JMHO

faefrost my husband calls Lifetime the "I hate men channel"! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Mine calls it the "Women channel" :giggle:

I don't think it is a big deal to take it off the list. They have alot of movies that portray real life court cases. :dunno: May not be a bad idea to tak it off the list, just to be safe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back