Prosecutors New Motion for Private Meeting w/Judge but w/out Defense #2

So does this mean they get a private hearing but the defense will be present?

Will we be privy to this info?

No/Yes. LOL. We won't be privy to the information at first, but once it's handed over to the defense via typical discovery disclosure the media can then make a request for the information and then we'll see it.

beach2..

since you clearly have knowledge of filing a motion:

can you explain ( forgive me if this has asked before!), what does :

/s/ mean ? when it is used as andrea lyon's signature ? and why would she do so?

It's typically used in lieu of a wet signature. With electronic filing the norm these days almost all documents are filed this way. Although some jurisdictions don't allow this and you must get a wet signature for filing. Especially when dealing with stipulations between parties.

The deal with the "Respectfully yours," on pg. 2 and the signature on pg. 3 and yet, the certificate of service on pg. 4 - well, i was always taught that it is important to try to have the subscription (signature) on the same page as a portion of the motion. The reason is, if the lone signature page were mistakenly attached to the wrong motion before it was ready to be filed, it could be...well, not good at all. lol I am sure I am sounding picky to some people, but working in the legal field you deal daily with a LOT of paper. It has never happened to me, but it could easily happen if you weren't organized.

And in many jurisdictions they have local rules that require at least 2 lines of the motion/request/ etc also be on signature page.

From a quick reading of the order, it looks like the State will file something a little more clear about why they need to delay handing over certain information to the defense. It can't be TOO clear, of course, or it would give away the information. :) The defense will see this motion, but we (the public) will not see it. If the judge grants the motion, there will be a delay in handing over the information to the defense, but eventually --i.e., enough before trial to allow the defense to respond to the evidence--both we (the public) and the defense will see it. If the judge denies the motion, both we (the public) and the defense should see the information even sooner.

Thanks AZ..that explains it a little...so denying the ex parte has nothing to do with BAEZ?
you can tell I am no legal eagle...:banghead:

Does any of it really make any difference? Does JB's bad writing skills make Kc guilty of premeditated murder? Are there laws against bad writing skills? I think the Judge understands the motion the way it is written. IMO

Yes, it does make a difference. It doesn't make KC guility but it says a lot about JB and company's work ethic.

Every filing that leaves my firm is absolute perfection. Every filing is YOUR work product. It has your firm name and you need to own whatever you file to be considered before a judge. I've said this so many times. Most of case work is NOT done in a courtroom. Cases are decided for the most part by the motions you file before you ever enter a courtroom. Many of the motions decide what does and does NOT get entered into evidence. If you can't present a LEGALLY VALID argument for your client then you're doing a disservice to said client.

From a quick reading of the order, it looks like the State will file something a little more clear about why they need to delay handing over certain information to the defense. It can't be TOO clear, of course, or it would give away the information. :) The defense will see this motion, but we (the public) will not see it. If the judge grants the motion, there will be a delay in handing over the information to the defense, but eventually --i.e., enough before trial to allow the defense to respond to the evidence--both we (the public) and the defense will see it. If the judge denies the motion, both we (the public) and the defense should see the information even sooner.

I feel for the Prosecution. Must be hard to write a motion that's vague enough to keep the defense in the dark, yet specific enough to satisfy the judge. :waitasec:

Thanks AZ..that explains it a little...so denying the ex parte has nothing to do with BAEZ?
you can tell I am no legal eagle...:banghead:
So if the judge grants the motion with the "goods" more or less explained...the defense will be privy to that motion. I get that part...but didn't the State request a private meeting with the judge without the defense actually being there? I guess what I'm not understanding is...meeting or no meeting?

I feel for the Prosecution. Must be hard to write a motion that's vague enough to keep the defense in the dark, yet specific enough to satisfy the judge. :waitasec:

Yes, and I would LOVE to be the court clerk who got to read said motion filed under seal. :)

Yes, it does make a difference. It doesn't make KC guility but it says a lot about JB and company's work ethic.

Every filing that leaves my firm is absolute perfection. Every filing is YOUR work product. It has your firm name and you need to own whatever you file to be considered before a judge. I've said this so many times. Most of case work is NOT done in a courtroom. Cases are decided for the most part by the motions you file before you ever enter a courtroom. Many of the motions decide what does and does NOT get entered into evidence. If you can't present a LEGALLY VALDID argument for your client than you're doing a disservice to said client.

Well said:clap::clap::clap:, just a thanks wasn't enough. "It matters!"

Every filing that leaves my firm is absolute perfection. Every filing is YOUR work product. It has your firm name and you need to own whatever you file to be considered before a judge. I've said this so many times. Most of case work is NOT done in a courtroom. Cases are decided for the most part by the motions you file before you ever enter a courtroom. Many of the motions decide what does and does NOT get entered into evidence. If you can't present a LEGALLY VALID argument for your client than you're doing a disservice to said client.

:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!

So if the judge grants the motion with the "goods" more or less explained...the defense will be privy to that motion. I get that part...but didn't the State request a private meeting with the judge without the defense actually being there? I guess what I'm not understanding is...meeting or no meeting?

Yes, a hearing or rather in camera (in chambers) review will take place. But denied a request for an ex parte hearing. Meaning a hearing with only one litigant present.

JS also ruled the State "CAN" submit papers to further elaborate their good cause.

Maybe I am wrong , but I thought that the response meant that the documents would be seen in chambers. No one would be present and the judge would decide without argument on either side. Maybe I watch too much law and order,:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back