Public seating available for trial there will be a "ticketing" process!

I'll be testing my luck mid-trial. I do plan to make a trip up there for the trial and try to get it, but if I don't get in? No problem. There's always Margaritaville! :drink:

:floorlaugh: >>>>> :HHJP: I just seen this! Too funny.

Okay first we have the Sentinel referring to the media area as "Casey Town" and now we have tickets? They honestly can't think of putting this a different way? And everyone wonders why it's referred to as a circus? I think I'll rent a hot dog cart and hang out in front of the courthouse:loser:

I'll help you!!!! I want to sell mauve T shirts and donate the money to TES. Cdns are being offered outrageous packaged deals to Orlando to stay at Disney and I'm really thinking about it.

Everytime the ads come on TV I think of how magical Caylee's life should have been. :banghead: My kids would have given away all their wordly goods for the chance to live near Mickey and friends.

I'll be testing my luck mid-trial. I do plan to make a trip up there for the trial and try to get it, but if I don't get in? No problem. There's always Margaritaville! :drink:

:floorlaugh: >>>>> :HHJP: I just seen this! Too funny.

Come hang out at Disney or MD Ms hot dog stand!! Maybe Universal could have the ICA ride, well walk actually, and take people down the famous hallway :) I'd pay to walk that walk. I'd even wait in line to pay to walk the walk.

I'll help you!!!! I want to sell mauve T shirts and donate the money to TES. Cdns are being offered outrageous packaged deals to Orlando to stay at Disney and I'm really thinking about it.

Everytime the ads come on TV I think of how magical Caylee's life should have been. :banghead: My kids would have given away all their wordly goods for the chance to live near Mickey and friends.

Oh man, if you make a Caylee T-shirt that says "Justice for Caylee" on the front and "No Half-Truths or Mis-Truths Included" on the back... I will buy one from you!! Seriously!

I've been thinking about attending the trial for many months now. Problem is, I live in Holland. :waitasec: But I would really like to go and finally see Caylee getting justice.

Beach do you know if people would be alowed to wear Caylee buttons? They let CA wear her Caylee wear in court but I'm imagining a trial might be different. I hope a gallery filled with pretty mauve and purple shirts would be okay. Something that says to the cameras 'Yeah it's the only seat that was available so I'm sitting here behind the accused but my heart is sitting over there'

I am pretty sure the answer would be "No" to the buttons. Purple or mauve attire would be fine though.

CA & GA can get away with it during the hearings because there is no jury.

Boy, I'd sure give a lot to see the A's have to stand in line for tickets.

Sorry to confuse you Aerdrys...it's how it's worded in the article, Beach and MGarnder explained it well...It would be like a lottery of sorts, which means whoever gets there first would have a better chance on entering the courtroom.

I can just see folks camping out to get a seat...during the pretrial hearings there is plenty of room in the courtroom but once this trial gets underway, I can see them tripping over each other just to get that ticket...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I just hope there's a webbie sleuther in the courtroom that can give us some really cool updates. I don't have court TV, but will have to find a way to get it come May -- unless i can watch it on-line. I just don't like the commercials - it seems we miss too much (ala OJ, Westerfield, Peterson cases).

MOO

Mel

Boy, I'd sure give a lot to see the A's have to stand in line for tickets.

:great:

Too bad we prolly won't. If I recall in the Peterson case, the rochas and peterson parents were always allowed in first ;)

It would be cool though! They don't deserve carte blanche.

MOO

Mel

I would buy a Caylee Shirt too.

I'm in Alberta Canada and it's too tempting to head down to Florida for MAY! Leave all this snow behind and hit the beach, but I can't think of a very serious, logical and legitimate reason to go down there alone, let ALONE haul my family of 5 down there. Disneyworld would be a great excuse, except the 13 year old WONT go and the next oldest is turning 3 in April. :( not the best timing for Disney! I would gladly come hang out at yer sausage kart! I could sling cold drinks for you !

I am pretty sure the answer would be "No" to the buttons. Purple or mauve attire would be fine though.

CA & GA can get away with it during the hearings because there is no jury.

No Caylee buttons but how about a button with Casey's face in a circle w/ a diagonal line drawn through it, like a no smoking sign? No? Casey with a mustache and devil ears? Still no? Okay, no buttons. :slap:

They did this for the Scott Peterson trial too, as there were only 27 seats allotted to the public. I remember there was some sort of lottery system used. Does anyone else remember?

Admittance to the court room will be worth gold - especially on judgement day (IMHO).

MOO

Mel

Trial regulars showed up by the hundreds to participate in the daily lottery for the coveted 27 public seats inside the courtroom.

Yeah, I remember that. It was numbers that were issued and then drawn.

I worked in the court system for a while and the inmates got bologna sandwiches on white bread with NO condiments for lunch in their holding cells during trial. Yuck! (that alone would keep me on the straight and narrow) My hope is that ICA will be fed the same for her lengthy trial. Bologna every day, every day. While she knows her family is going out to eat at lunch. :woohoo:

I LOVED the WSers that were present during the Scott Peterson trial and would post all the "behind the scenes" scoops. It was good to hear what we could not see on tv. Here is hoping some of our wonderful WSers will get in every day. You are the best!!!!! We all love your dedication to justice for Caylee Marie.

Okay first we have the Sentinel referring to the media area as "Casey Town" and now we have tickets? They honestly can't think of putting this a different way? And everyone wonders why it's referred to as a circus? I think I'll rent a hot dog cart and hang out in front of the courthouse:loser:

Watch out..."The hot dog cart owner did it!", and under the bus you'll go. Or CA will come for her cut of the profits. It's a great idea though.

In Casey's mind this is a "concert" she's doing.

I worked in the court system for a while and the inmates got bologna sandwiches on white bread with NO condiments for lunch in their holding cells during trial. Yuck! (that alone would keep me on the straight and narrow) My hope is that ICA will be fed the same for her lengthy trial. Bologna every day, every day. While she knows her family is going out to eat at lunch. :woohoo:

I LOVED the WSers that were present during the Scott Peterson trial and would post all the "behind the scenes" scoops. It was good to hear what we could not see on tv. Here is hoping some of our wonderful WSers will get in every day. You are the best!!!!! We all love your dedication to justice for Caylee Marie.

I enjoyed your thought. I pray it will be bologna, bologna, and then bologna.

No Caylee buttons but how about a button with Casey's face in a circle w/ a diagonal line drawn through it, like a no smoking sign? No? Casey with a mustache and devil ears? Still no? Okay, no buttons. :slap:

There's always a way to get around the system. Like in the Westerfield case here in San Diego:

Judge William Mudd ordered the family and their supporters not to wear button pins showing Danielle’s picture in court, but Brenda van Dam wore two braided purple and pink cloth bracelets on her right wrist. Purple and pink were Danielle’s favorite colors.

Isn't purple one of Caylee's favourite colors? If I was attending, you can bet I'd get my point across ;)

MOO

Mel

Being only an hour away I had been hoping to go to the trial but by looking at this picture of courtroom 23 there only appears to be 92 seats. With the all national coverage I imagine a lot of reporters will be there. So by the time the reporters get in I doubt that more that a handful of normal citizens will get it. With gas prices, toll roads and parking fees I wonder if it will be worth me making the daily trip for what may be a slim chance of actually getting in.

I know the local TV stations have been streaming all these short hearings but has anyone heard if they plan on streaming all day, everyday once the actual trial starts. I know CourtTV will be there but I can't stand watching them because of all the commercials and breaks for commentaries.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/programs-services/courtroom23/

Maybe JB could 'sell' some of his alloted tickets to help dress his client LOL.

Being only an hour away I had been hoping to go to the trial but by looking at this picture of courtroom 23 there only appears to be 92 seats. With the all national coverage I imagine a lot of reporters will be there. So by the time the reporters get in I doubt that more that a handful of normal citizens will get it. With gas prices, toll roads and parking fees I wonder if it will be worth me making the daily trip for what may be a slim chance of actually getting in.

I know the local TV stations have been streaming all these short hearings but has anyone heard if they plan on streaming all day, everyday once the actual trial starts. I know CourtTV will be there but I can't stand watching them because of all the commercials and breaks for commentaries.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/programs-services/courtroom23/

I had read that it could seat 300, it sure doesn't look like it does and then I found this....
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/tag/caylee-anthony

Also at noon today, WKMG previewed how the Orange County Courthouse would handle the crush of media for the trial. Reporter Mike DeForest noted that there are 100 seats in the courtroom and that each local media outlet will be assigned one. Other seats will be available to the public, DeForest added, but it isn’t clear how tickets for those seats will be issued."

500-plus seek media credentials for Casey Anthony murder trial
Updated: Tuesday, 05 Apr 2011, 6:22 AM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 05 Apr 2011, 6:22 AM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - More than 500 applications for media credentials have been submitted for the upcoming trial of a Florida woman accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

The list was released Monday to a media committee making recommendations on coverage of the Casey Anthony trial, which is scheduled to begin in May. Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry must approve the recommendations.

Perry has said he wants to make sure there are seats available in the courtroom for members of the public. Only a small number of those with media credentials will be inside the courtroom at any given time.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...ia-credentials-for-casey-anthony-murder-trial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back