Public seating available for trial there will be a "ticketing" process!

I wonder how much it costs to attend the trial of the mother of the year? Seriously, watch out for scalpers. Do not pay a whole bunch of money for this. I'm half surprised it wasn't made into a lottery or something.

Is this normal? I have never heard of ticketing for trial seats before. This is all Casey needs. "Ooh, people are going to pay to see me live everyday in court!"

These can't be tickets one would pay for. There's no admission to an open court. It's a lottery I bet, where they draw numbers out of a hat or something similiar to that to determine who gets in and who doesn't. I can see a lot of local followers of the case there but there would be no "scalpers". It may seem like the Daytona 500, but......it's not......LOL

Amil, can you shed some light on this?

At least this lessens the chance of Joy Wray making her way in.

Well, even on a good day there are only about 12 regular folks in the hearings watching the goings-on. The As bring 3 or 4 sometimes including their two attorneys. During the Ted Bundy trial there were only about 5 people from the public watching the day I went. I honestly don't think there are many locals who are going to attend other than the regulars who have been attending all along.

While a seat in the courtroom might be a "hot ticket"...the better view will be AFTER the verdict when CM walks out of the courthouse with someone ABSENT from his arm!!

Maybe the food network could send in a team of competitors with Food Trucks.....then KC will be on GA's favorite channel too.

Their challenge.....cook with Velveeta, Pizza, popsicles, beer, coconuts... oh wait...that's a challenge on CHOPPED.

When a lottery system is used to distribute "tickets" for seating, there is no advantage to "who gets there the earliest" to "get their lottery ticket".

At the Peterson trial there were only so many seats set aside for the public. Each morning hundreds showed up and got a "lottery number". Shortly before court began each day, "lottery numbers" were called to determine who would get a seat in court for that day.

I remember that several online bloggers received "press credentials" in the Peterson trial.
With 500 applicants, it will be interesting to see who receives press credentials in this trial.

The public access plan for the trial is discussed in this video. Public seating passes will be handed out between 7:30 - 8:00 am. Can only begin lining up at pre-determined location on courthouse property 2 hours before, no overnight or early morning camping out allowed.

At lunch break, second set of seating passes will be handed out for any seats left open by persons who have left.

Casey Anthony Trial - Public Access

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/

This article from last month also talked of the parking situation. It even stated that metered spaces along Orange Avenue have all been reserved for the next two months. Didn't even know that was possible.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27549263/detail.html

I live a little less than an hr away but due to the small number of seats available, the parking, the media circus and gas prices I will probably just stay home and watch live streaming at least during the beginning.

If after the first week things things die down some I may attempt to brave it.

This article from last month also talked of the parking situation. It even stated that metered spaces along Orange Avenue have all been reserved for the next two months. Didn't even know that was possible.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27549263/detail.html

I live a little less than an hr away but due to the small number of seats available, the parking, the media circus and gas prices I will probably just stay home and watch live streaming at least during the beginning.

If after the first week things things die down some I may attempt to brave it.

I was hoping to attend as well, if they gave seats out in advance. With the price of gas and tolls, plus the hour drive, I don't think I'll take the chance. Bummer.

Out of curiosity: will the A's be guaranteed seats during the trial (for whatever portion they are allowed to watch)?

I noticed there was no allocated part for them in the seating plan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back