Questions about the whole situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bessie, I enjoy your posts and usually agree with you wholeheartedly but I have to disagree on the bolded part above regarding Ronald's "DEAL". IM o, Ronald has always got a "deal" when faced with charges and he fully expected a "deal" this time, and received what he expected. In the very first jail audio Ronald appears to be bragging that he would have special visiting hours and that his jail house videos would not be published, and he was right. He appears to "know" that he will receive these "favors" ahead of time.
But I do agree that yes, Tommy did get the shaft. In fact, both Tommy and Misty received the shaft compared to the Cummings side of the family. JMO.

First, I wanna say how happy I am to see Haleigh on the first few pages here. I hope with the impending sentencing of Misty that there will be renewed interest and maybe news soon.

I think that Ron purposely avoided being taped while he was in Flager County. He only spoke with his Gramma and Tn once that I recall. He did the interview with the reporter for special favors perhaps.
I recall him saying his calls would not be published. However, I don't think that Flagler County withheld them. I think he knew he was moving to Putnam soon and they were not up on the technology to do that yet. Interestingly though, that equipment/capability arrived almost at the same time he was sent to prison.

First, I wanna say how happy I am to see Haleigh on the first few pages here. I hope with the impending sentencing of Misty that there will be renewed interest and maybe news soon.

I think that Ron purposely avoided being taped while he was in Flager County. He only spoke with his Gramma and Tn once that I recall. He did the interview with the reporter for special favors perhaps.
I recall him saying his calls would not be published. However, I don't think that Flagler County withheld them. I think he knew he was moving to Putnam soon and they were not up on the technology to do that yet. Interestingly though, that equipment/capability arrived almost at the same time he was sent to prison.

Gwen, possibly I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but just as Ronald's phone conversations with reporter Dana Treen were taped in Flagler County, there were taped calls released from the Putnam County jail also. The following were taped at Putnam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCc2bnHFaNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i6B72hrois

Other tapes were released as well, particularly one with his mother and one with GGM Sykes where she told him to "be careful, there's a snitch in there".

I seem to recall reading that Putnam did not have the technology to video tape visits, but his calls were recorded from day one

I was either watching Nancy Grace of JVM last night (watched them both, and can't remember who was talking about what!) and they were talking about Haleigh's case.

I haven't been following it very closely at all lately, not as closely as many here. So as someone on the "outside" looking in, I have a few questions.

1. Do Misty and Ronald know what happened? Were they a part of it?
2. Why take Haleigh and not the baby?
3. If Ronald and Misty are drug dealers, drug addicts, etc. (as said on the show last night), why in the world would bio mom let her children be raised by them? Or...are they just drug dealer wannabe's? (I think them getting custody was court ordered, but even at that, what court would give children to these type of parents vs. bio mom? Is bio mom worse?)
4. Is cousin-what's-his-name involved?
5. Was this all about anger over a gun and retaliation?

I know it's a lot of questions, but these things just came to my mind as I watched the show last night.

I feel like I've been "played" by Grandma Hollars. Like she knows much, much more than I ever thought she did, and hides it under the "sweet little old helpless grandma" facade. Or maybe I'm just getting jaded, I don't know.

Anyway, thank you for your thoughts on this!

O.G.
(Proud Air Force Wife/Mother)

Please tell your Husband and children "Thank You" for serving our Country :)

First I hardy ever post on Haleigh's case anymore....My theory don't fit with others.

Sad that it will be two years in Feb:furious: And no Haleigh:furious:

C & P

1. Do Misty and Ronald know what happened? Yes! Misty... Ron after the fact.
Were they a part of it? Misty was part of the cover up.

2. Why take Haleigh and not the baby? BB was not awake and IMO this was not a kinapping

3. If Ronald and Misty are drug dealers, drug addicts, etc. (as said on the show last night), why in the world would bio mom let her children be raised by them? Or...are they just drug dealer wannabe's? (I think them getting custody was court ordered, but even at that, what court would give children to these type of parents vs. bio mom? Is bio mom worse?)

Only the courts and Crystal know the truth on what really went down.

4. Is cousin-what's-his-name involved? No... he was convenience..in the wrong state at the wrong time.

5. Was this all about anger over a gun and retaliation? No! this is about stealing drugs IMO

I feel like I've been "played" by Grandma Hollars. Like she knows much, much more than I ever thought she did, and hides it under the "sweet little old helpless grandma" facade. Or maybe I'm just getting jaded, I don't know.

I couldn't said that any better. My feelings for awhile.

Who failed the LTD the most? Tommy and Misty

Who is LE putting the pressuer on ? Tommy and Misty

Who placed their self at MH that night? Tommy

Tommy on a jail house tape told Lindsey he was out of drugs and lay around the house all night. Tommy knew that Ron had drugs! Tommy was known to walk around at night (police report) he known to be a thief. (police report)

In my theory Tommy went to the MH to steal drugs and Haleigh wroke up and
Tommy know if Haleigh told Ron he was a dead man. Haleigh pass from what ever Tommy did to her... Misty and another family help him...but not Joe.

IMO Misty also has something on Ron that big! that a whole different crime.

And of course this all a theory and IMO :banghead:

This is my take on Grandma Flo & the gun. She said that Misty was in on a plot with Tommy & Joe to steal Ron's gun, & I believe that. But, we have no idea of when this took place. Did it preceed the big fight between Misty & Ron, & her binger, or did it happen, after she got back? I think it either had something directly to do with Haleigh missing, or it led up to her death. Ron didn't confess to that fight, until after his deal, so IMO, it's important. For some reason, he felt the need to lie about it. Another unexplained discrepancy, that IMO, plays a part in Haleigh missing, was who picked her up from the bus stop. Witnesses claim Misty picked her up, but Ron says he did. A witness saw Misty having argumentative words with Lindsey & a guy. (Tommy?), & then them speeding away. IMO, Ron put himself at the bus stop, to either remove himself from where he actually was, or to eradicate the conversation between Misty & Lindsey. He also claimed that he was reckless driving, that morning, because he was going to his grandma's to pick up an outfit, but after returning, Misty walked Haleigh to class. Ron was in trouble for tardies & absences, so this trivial excuse is unlikely. As far as I know, nobody witnessed Misty that morning, so IMO, the need to lie, might have been to remove her from where she actually was. Where was Misty that morning, & where was Ron, that afternoon? wheeling & dealing, I guess, but how much did this affect Haleigh? If all of this was unrelated to Haleigh missing, why wouldn't Ron, fess up & unmuddy the waters? But, the last I heard, (via his attorney), he's still claiming to have picked Haleigh up. So, to answer the original question...Ron & Misty are involved & they both know what happened. Grandma Flo, IMO, doesn't really know much, IMO, but I think for her own reasons, she'd rat out anybody...even Misty. Another interesting detail that she related, was that Misty had offered to pay Teresa to babysit...not the other way around, as we had been led to believe. If this information is accurate, it leads me to believe that Misty knew something was up that night, & she didn't want the kids around. then all the phone calls between her & Ron...IMO, he knew something was up too. maybe not that his daughter was going to be murdered, but something. Was Joe involved? He has managed to keep pretty quiet, but my guess is probably. I think just about everybody connected to Ron & Misty, are either directly involved , or covering up. I think LE is blaming Misty & or Tommy, for Haleigh's death, but they're just guessing. After listening to all of their stories, I lean towards Tommy being the actual perp, but that's just a guess. I get the feeling that Misty wasn't there, but that may just be wishful thinking, because her later actions, don't point to her being an innocent. I stepped away from this case for awhile, & I tend to see Misty a little more objectively. She's most definitely covering for herself...but Ron's been covering for himself, & Tommy's been covering for himself. So, IMO, these 3 are the most involved.

Until there has been an arrest, the sunshine law doesn't come into play.

We were getting jailhouse videos for a time and if the press was interested in more I'm sure they can trot down and pick them up. But they can still redact any information about Haleigh's case if they deem it necessary.

I wish someone that lives in the area, would trot over and get more tapes.
If I lived in Florida, I would be tempted to pick some up.

Okay. TC is in jail regarding drugs, however, he is a suspect in the HC death, disappearance, whatever. So his wife, LC, visits him in jail and she tells her husband that she got rid of his and Timmy's boots.

If your husband were in jail and you had a limited time to speak with him, would you be talking about boots? UNLESS the boots were worn the night HC went missing, and the two brothers wore them. Also, why were Timmy's boots at Tommy's house.

Okay. TC is in jail regarding drugs, however, he is a suspect in the HC death, disappearance, whatever. So his wife, LC, visits him in jail and she tells her husband that she got rid of his and Timmy's boots.

If your husband were in jail and you had a limited time to speak with him, would you be talking about boots? UNLESS the boots were worn the night HC went missing, and the two brothers wore them. Also, why were Timmy's boots at Tommy's house.
those boots being thrown out, bother me. & what bothers me even more, is if they were used that night, why would Tommy have hung on to them? & considering LE has called Tommy a suspect, I don't feel bad for speculating, a little more with him, than the others. & if they were used that night, it seems that Linsey knew, guessed, suspected, something. What a random thing to throw out, & an even more random thing to bring up, during a jail visit. Did throwing away those boots, really make a difference in cleaning the house? also, Tommy's response was kind of chilling. He said something to the effect of them still having some good use left in them. maybe Linsey was getting in a dig of him not needing work boots, because he didn't work, but I don't think so. I think Linsey might have known that he wore those boots that night, but not for what reason, & threw them out as a 'just in case' precaution. I get the feeling that she lived in a self imposed denial, where Tommy was concerned, & just chose to not know what he was up to. He was different, that's for sure.

BBM

Probably.

This is all just my opinion from my own experiences. I've been married for a long, long time. When my H and I are home, we talk all the time. When one of us is away, the first few days we still talk a lot, but the longer we are separated, the less there is to talk about, unless something out of the ordinary happens.

In this case, and again, this is just my opinion only, one of the people making conversation is in jail. After the initial first few visits where he can talk to his wife about what time he has to get up, what the food is like, and who he might be able to talk to (I don't remember if Tommy was in solitary or not) I don't see that he would have a lot more to offer for his part. He can ask after his family, and what is going on in the world, but what else does he really have to contribute? Lindsy can talk about the kids, but even though kids are wonderful, that is only going to go so far.

Maybe the boots are important, but I don't read a lot into it just because she brought it up in a JH conversation. She also spoke a lot about scrubbing floors and getting things really clean, and I don't think the crime happened in that house she was talking about.

BBM

Probably.

This is all just my opinion from my own experiences. I've been married for a long, long time. When my H and I are home, we talk all the time. When one of us is away, the first few days we still talk a lot, but the longer we are separated, the less there is to talk about, unless something out of the ordinary happens.

In this case, and again, this is just my opinion only, one of the people making conversation is in jail. After the initial first few visits where he can talk to his wife about what time he has to get up, what the food is like, and who he might be able to talk to (I don't remember if Tommy was in solitary or not) I don't see that he would have a lot more to offer for his part. He can ask after his family, and what is going on in the world, but what else does he really have to contribute? Lindsy can talk about the kids, but even though kids are wonderful, that is only going to go so far.

Maybe the boots are important, but I don't read a lot into it just because she brought it up in a JH conversation. She also spoke a lot about scrubbing floors and getting things really clean, and I don't think the crime happened in that house she was talking about.

ITA lanie! I haven't really put much into the boots. After a while what else do they have to speak about. I also feel if Lindsay knew if those boots had somthing to do with Haleigh missing or knew about what happened to HaLeigh, i really don't think she would have even brought up throwing the boots out. I think that would have just stayed between the two of them, and the boots would have probably been disposed of prior to Tommy being put in jail. As far as Timmy's boots being at Tommy's, this again, i am not really putting much into b/c they are siblings and they live near enough to each other that i just don't think it is strange....i live 20 miles from my brother, but i have a few things over his house, just stuff i left there at some point in time. JMO :)

I was either watching Nancy Grace of JVM last night (watched them both, and can't remember who was talking about what!) and they were talking about Haleigh's case.

I haven't been following it very closely at all lately, not as closely as many here. So as someone on the "outside" looking in, I have a few questions.

1. Do Misty and Ronald know what happened? Were they a part of it?

According to LE statements Ron is cleared.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090908/NEWS/909080309/-1/NEWS11
On Aug. 17, to mark Haleigh's 6th birthday, the Putnam County Sheriff's Department released a statement that said the office has received more than 4,000 leads and conducted 138 formal interviews in the search for the little girl.

They have no specific person of interest yet, though they have cleared the biological parents, Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield.

Misty is 'the key'.
Any other answer is speculation

2. Why take Haleigh and not the baby?

That has not been determined.
Probably will depend on the "who and why".

The courts gave Ron the children.

4. Is cousin-what's-his-name involved?

LE has not released that information.
Any other answer is speculation.

5. Was this all about anger over a gun and retaliation?

LE has not released this information. Any other answer is speculation

I know it's a lot of questions, but these things just came to my mind as I watched the show last night.

Anyway, thank you for your thoughts on this!

O.G.
(Proud Air Force Wife/Mother)

Red mine.

ITA lanie! I haven't really put much into the boots. After a while what else do they have to speak about. I also feel if Lindsay knew if those boots had somthing to do with Haleigh missing or knew about what happened to HaLeigh, i really don't think she would have even brought up throwing the boots out. I think that would have just stayed between the two of them, and the boots would have probably been disposed of prior to Tommy being put in jail. As far as Timmy's boots being at Tommy's, this again, i am not really putting much into b/c they are siblings and they live near enough to each other that i just don't think it is strange....i live 20 miles from my brother, but i have a few things over his house, just stuff i left there at some point in time. JMO :)

Lindsy was packing to move and in the process probably threw a lot of things out--I tossed quite a bit of stuff each time I moved over the years. Lindsy throwing the boots out might not be as significant as it sounds. If the boots were significant (evidence-wise) they would have either been tossed out long before or Lindsy would have tossed them out during the moving process and never mentioned it to anyone. As for Timmy's boots, he lived in Mass. by then, making it more difficult to return his boots to him.

Lone, liked your post and appreciated it. Now: why would RC expect special favors? I have never bought into the way LE has handled this case. I absolutely believe RC and all the Cummings have something that would bring the LE in Satsuma down, and that the LE can never have it surface. What could that possibly be; maybe drugs, prostitution, money laundering, gambling?

Whatever it is is very big, otherwise, why the HE// wouldn't they want the help and the expertise of the FBI?

Sorry about the delay in replying to your post. I've been moving to a different address for the last week and just stopped by to take another load over to the other house. I agree that Ron knows something that could be very damaging to someone involved with the local LE. I've posted this opinion many times. IMO it is probably something related to drug deals and probably all the rest of what you posted. Ron was acting way too cocky and sure of himself in jail. The only thing he appeared to be concerned about was his dirty underware and IMO, Misty talking. I wish I had time to catch up but tomorrow I'll be moving my computer and using another service and I do hope that I will not have any trouble logging back on. See you later.:seeya:

I couldn't resist!!!!!:crazy: BBm: LC and Tommy may have become tired of just saying "I love you", "I love you too!", "I love you", "I love you too!"..LOL.

I'm thinking that the two sets of boots may have been in either the van or Tommy's truck and LC had to clean out the vehicles when she got rid of them. The boots most likely had drywall mud on them and weren't usually worn inside of the house but put on when they arrived at a job site (they both worked in the drywall business). BUT! I too still can't help but be suspicious about LC talking about this during a jail house visit.

I couldn't resist!!!!!:crazy: BBm: LC and Tommy may have become tired of just saying "I love you", "I love you too!", "I love you", "I love you too!"..LOL.

I'm thinking that the two sets of boots may have been in either the van or Tommy's truck and LC had to clean out the vehicles when she got rid of them. The boots most likely had drywall mud on them and weren't usually worn inside of the house but put on when they arrived at a job site (they both worked in the drywall business). BUT! I too still can't help but be suspicious about LC talking about this during a jail house visit.

This is SO true and gave me a good laugh, so thank you very much.

IMO, the boots could be involved, but I really doubt it. This could have been something that was a pet peeve of Lindsy's and now that Tommy was in jail, what's he going to do about it?

I have a boot story I'll share. My H had a pair of hiking boots, and several, several years ago, one of them came up missing. I guess because it's a little weird to have one boot just disappear, H kept this boot, and probably 2 or 3 times a year he would drag it out and ask everyone if they had seen the other boot, he would look around a little bit, then back in the closet it would go. A few months back, I was doing massive purge cleaning, and offered to take him to the store and buy him another pair if he would just let me throw that stupid boot away, because at this point it was starting to irritate me, just sitting there all by itself, alone and useless, and he actually let me do it. It felt GREAT to get rid of that stupid boot. Now I keep waiting for the other one to turn up so he can go on and on about how I should have just kept it a little longer.

Red mine.
I understand what you're saying, but there's a lot out there, that isn't speculation. court records, newspaper articles that weren't retracted or denied, etc...but the main thing I want to address, is Misty being named the key, that's it, so anything else is speculation. That's not necessarily true. All of these people have been caught in lies, except for maybe Joe. He has said very little, so the odds are in his favor. But, at Tommy's drug sentencing, he was named a suspect. Now, I don't like the way LE went about that, & used it to sway the judge, but by the same token, I don't think they would've said it, if they didn't believe it to be true. They didn't accuse him of covering for a suspect, but called him a suspect. They didn't call Ron or Misty a suspect. I think LE has some evidence that points to Tommy, & I don't think that's speculation, it's me accepting that LE is following the law. When I compare that sentencing to Ron's & Misty's sentencings, I guess I veer into speculation, but logic tells me that LE doesn't have evidence that points to them, or they would've been called suspects too. I can speculate, that they're waiting for some reason, but I'm trying to look at the facts. So, it seems , based on court records, plea deals, etc...that Misty is the key, Ron has been withholding valuable information, & Tommy is a suspect.

Sorry about the delay in replying to your post. I've been moving to a different address for the last week and just stopped by to take another load over to the other house. I agree that Ron knows something that could be very damaging to someone involved with the local LE. I've posted this opinion many times. IMO it is probably something related to drug deals and probably all the rest of what you posted. Ron was acting way too cocky and sure of himself in jail. The only thing he appeared to be concerned about was his dirty underware and IMO, Misty talking. I wish I had time to catch up but tomorrow I'll be moving my computer and using another service and I do hope that I will not have any trouble logging back on. See you later.:seeya:

Yeah, Ron was just too cocky because he knows he has the upper hand as far as the LE is concerned. JMO. Good luck with the move lone, and hope you can log back on quickly, ya never know what might transpire before then.

Hi LT, I don't envy your moving. Worst job in the world. Anyway, I agree totally with your opinion that RC knows something on LE, and more than likely it is something about drug dealing. I also have the opinion that Misty, due to her involvement with RC, also has learned what Ron has on LE. I think neither of them are too worried that Haleigh's death will ever be pinned on them, for that reason. JMO

I want to address the theory Ron has something on LE.

Can I ask how that would work? I could see it if we were talking about a traffic ticket being torn up, or Ron being caught with drugs and the LE catching him chooses to look the other way, but that's not the case here.

This has been a big investigation of the disappearance and probable murder of a 5-year-old child, Haleigh Cummings, Ron's daughter. IMO, the parents and caretakers are closely looked at when something like this happens. Most of PCSO was involved in this case, as well as members of FDLE and the FBI.

IMO, the mechanics of this being an LE cover-up would have to involve Ron being in a position to 'have something' on enough LE with enough authority and smarts to be able to divert and/or subvert the evidence and witnesses in such a way as to fool everyone else in at least 3 departments that aren't in on the cover-up, yet not have the ability to weasel out from whatever it is Ron has on them.

I want to address the theory Ron has something on LE.

Can I ask how that would work? I could see it if we were talking about a traffic ticket being torn up, or Ron being caught with drugs and the LE catching him chooses to look the other way, but that's not the case here.

This has been a big investigation of the disappearance and probable murder of a 5-year-old child, Haleigh Cummings, Ron's daughter. IMO, the parents and caretakers are closely looked at when something like this happens. Most of PCSO was involved in this case, as well as members of FDLE and the FBI.

IMO, the mechanics of this being an LE cover-up would have to involve Ron being in a position to 'have something' on enough LE [/B]with enough authority and smarts to be able to divert and/or subvert the evidence and witnesses in such a way as to fool everyone else in at least 3 departments that aren't in on the cover-up, yet not have the ability to weasel out from whatever it is Ron has on them.

BBM Lanie, don't you know Ron has a very high IQ? His mommy even said so!
:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members