Questions about the whole situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lindsy gave the boots to LE. Watching her face when she told Tommy said a lot to me.

I want to address the theory Ron has something on LE.

Can I ask how that would work? I could see it if we were talking about a traffic ticket being torn up, or Ron being caught with drugs and the LE catching him chooses to look the other way, but that's not the case here.

This has been a big investigation of the disappearance and probable murder of a 5-year-old child, Haleigh Cummings, Ron's daughter. IMO, the parents and caretakers are closely looked at when something like this happens. Most of PCSO was involved in this case, as well as members of FDLE and the FBI.

IMO, the mechanics of this being an LE cover-up would have to involve Ron being in a position to 'have something' on enough LE with enough authority and smarts to be able to divert and/or subvert the evidence and witnesses in such a way as to fool everyone else in at least 3 departments that aren't in on the cover-up, yet not have the ability to weasel out from whatever it is Ron has on them.

IMO, what might have happened is RC and/or his family has something on certain members of PCSO, who could have destroyed evidence very early on. Once the investigation was in full swing that would be much harder to do so it would have been in the early days, perhaps the first few hours. I am not saying this happened, only that it could have. ETA: We have all wondered how this group of misfits could have pulled off such a crime and leave no evidence. Well, what if there was evidence but it just never got in the right hands?

IMO, what might have happened is RC and/or his family has something on certain members of PCSO, who could have destroyed evidence very early on. Once the investigation was in full swing that would be much harder to do so it would have been in the early days, perhaps the first few hours. I am not saying this happened, only that it could have. ETA: We have all wondered how this group of misfits could have pulled off such a crime and leave no evidence. Well, what if there was evidence but it just never got in the right hands?

Well, and I know that can be a deep subject but something is terribly wrong down there especially IF LE is claiming Ronald Cummings is not a suspect...And since no pressure has been applied to him or anyone in his family I suspect someone in LE is involved in covering for him and his family....

Well, and I know that can be a deep subject but something is terribly wrong down there especially IF LE is claiming Ronald Cummings is not a suspect...And since no pressure has been applied to him or anyone in his family I suspect someone in LE is involved in covering for him and his family....

MOO.... Maybe it is as simple as... ron passed the LD, He was at work and the police think his lifestyle may have led to this, but he wasn't directly involved and had no knowledge (at that time) of who did this.
I know conspirancy theories are a possibility. . or not.

:waitasec: That or Ron is simply not guilty.

:waitasec: That or Ron is simply not guilty.

And IMHO..No way Ronald Cummings isn't the one directly responsible for whatever happened to Haleigh, and I just refuse to believe PCSO is so dumb they don't know that to be the case..JMHO....

It is not obvious to me that Ron harmed his daughter. I do believe he loved Haleigh and I do not believe he would have wanted harm to come to her. However, while it is not obvious, it is possible that Ron harmed Haleigh unintentionally. Actually, it's possibly that whoever harmed Haleigh did so without intent. It may be a homicide, but I am not yet convinced it was murder.

What IS obvious to me is that Ron was involved in the cover-up, or at least went along with others who wanted things covered up. Ron is right where he belongs, though no one in PCSO deserves the credit. The drug sting was FDLE from start to finish.

Corruption is all over the place, and especially in small rural counties. Corruption can frame the innocent and allow the guilty to go free, or it can leave a case unsolved forever. I have no way of knowing for certain if corruption played a part in Haleigh's case but until I see some positive action on Haleigh's behalf, my mind remains open to the possibility.

It is not obvious to me that Ron harmed his daughter. I do believe he loved Haleigh and I do not believe he would have wanted harm to come to her. However, while it is not obvious, it is possible that Ron harmed Haleigh unintentionally. Actually, it's possibly that whoever harmed Haleigh did so without intent. It may be a homicide, but I am not yet convinced it was murder.

What IS obvious to me is that Ron was involved in the cover-up, or at least went along with others who wanted things covered up. Ron is right where he belongs, though no one in PCSO deserves the credit. The drug sting was FDLE from start to finish.

Corruption is all over the place, and especially in small rural counties. Corruption can frame the innocent and allow the guilty to go free, or it can leave a case unsolved forever. I have no way of knowing for certain if corruption played a part in Haleigh's case but until I see some positive action on Haleigh's behalf, my mind remains open to the possibility.

I know I sound argumentative, but that's not how I'm trying to come across.

I don't think Ron was a good father to his kids, but I do see things where I think he did love Haleigh. However, at the end of the day, when it is all added up, I personally have no use for the man and haven't lost a moments sleep over him being in prison. I also can't say I have any better feelings towards most of the rest of the 'Satsuma Bunch'.

It's just when I go through all the scenarios of what could have happened to Haleigh, I can't come up with a single one I find plausible that includes Ron having a direct involvement, or even real, true knowledge after the fact that he was willing to cover up. I do believe he has covered up, though, in a way that IMO lets his daughter be the price paid for whatever he did, and that makes him (blank) in my book.

So many people seem to believe Ron was involved, and I keep trying to understand how they are getting there. A popular theory is LE is involved in covering Ron's guilt, and IMO, I agree Ron could not be guilty and have had this play out the way it has without LE's help, but again, it's one thing to say LE is covering for Ron, and another to have a likely scenario of how and why, and that's where I get lost.

For example, let's say Ron has been involved in drug deals with several PCSO officers. Unless he has proof, (and what kind of proof would he have?) it's his word against theirs, and even if he has friends who have also bought drugs, why would they cross LE to help a child killer?

But say Ron has the goods on LE and they agree to help him get away with killing his child. They would have to come up with something that gives Ron an alibi during the time something would have happened to Haleigh, and that involves other people lying and/or keeping their mouths shut AND whatever evidence tampering/destroying took place to withstand the scrutiny of all the rest of the LE officers and departments involved in this case. Because I can't see Ron as having any kind of power other than the domination of little girls, I can't find a single reason for the amount of people who would have to be involved to be willing to do this.

So what am I missing here?

I know I sound argumentative, but that's not how I'm trying to come across.

I don't think Ron was a good father to his kids, but I do see things where I think he did love Haleigh. However, at the end of the day, when it is all added up, I personally have no use for the man and haven't lost a moments sleep over him being in prison. I also can't say I have any better feelings towards most of the rest of the 'Satsuma Bunch'.

It's just when I go through all the scenarios of what could have happened to Haleigh, I can't come up with a single one I find plausible that includes Ron having a direct involvement, or even real, true knowledge after the fact that he was willing to cover up. I do believe he has covered up, though, in a way that IMO lets his daughter be the price paid for whatever he did, and that makes him (blank) in my book.

So many people seem to believe Ron was involved, and I keep trying to understand how they are getting there. A popular theory is LE is involved in covering Ron's guilt, and IMO, I agree Ron could not be guilty and have had this play out the way it has without LE's help, but again, it's one thing to say LE is covering for Ron, and another to have a likely scenario of how and why, and that's where I get lost.

For example, let's say Ron has been involved in drug deals with several PCSO officers. Unless he has proof, (and what kind of proof would he have?) it's his word against theirs, and even if he has friends who have also bought drugs, why would they cross LE to help a child killer?

But say Ron has the goods on LE and they agree to help him get away with killing his child. They would have to come up with something that gives Ron an alibi during the time something would have happened to Haleigh, and that involves other people lying and/or keeping their mouths shut AND whatever evidence tampering/destroying took place to withstand the scrutiny of all the rest of the LE officers and departments involved in this case. Because I can't see Ron as having any kind of power other than the domination of little girls, I can't find a single reason for the amount of people who would have to be involved to be willing to do this.

Lanie, I do not think your posts are argumentative at all. We have our opinions, that's all.

I do not think RC killed his child but I saw him time and time again act in ways that showed he just wanted it all to go away...that is a form of cover-up.

Cover-up can be for various reasons. It might not be that RC wanted Haleigh's demise covered up per se, but that he felt that since Haleigh could not come back no matter what anyone did, why should he air his and/or his clan's dirty laundry? If the truth would lead to charges against the Haleigh perps but not necessarily leave RC in the clear for whatever activities, what purpose would have been served by the truth coming out?

I believe Ron knows the truth but just hopes everyone will lose interest in the case. Ron had/has something to hide. Whether it is something regarding Haleigh's demise I don't know but, whatever it is he feels it is best left hidden, even if it means no justice for Haleigh. IMO, whatever Ron's secret is would lead directly down the road to what happened, but I still do not think he intended for it to happen or ever thought it could.

Ron knows what happened to Haleigh so he does not have to go through life wondering. He just doesn't have any use for the truth being made public. That's how I think Ron is involved with covering up. He could be involved in a more intense cover-up than that, but for now I see Ron just wanting it all to go away, to let sleeping dogs lie--he'll do his time, and life goes on.

Just wondering when Misty will be transported to Putnam Co. for the hearing on Monday, has there been any movement?

My cousin was involved in a long time common law marriage. Her husband called police one day and reported she had committed suicide.

Her family knew this was not true as he was abusive and she would never have left her children. It was a small town and the husband had ties to many in the police department there. He was allowed to destroy evidence the day after she died including the chair she was sitting in that had a bullet hole through it.

Several years went by and her family were able to get a group working on cold cases interested in the case. My cousins husband was soon arrested, tried and is now in prison.

Never underestimate invisible ties between people in small towns.

I am not accusing anyone in the pcso of anything but in the south family connections often go back further than anyone can see easily as well as klan connections and hunting buddy connections and etc.

I have seen too many people get away with everything from murder to child molestation in my days when the perpetrator had the right connections.

Just recently I know of a young man that's been accused of molesting very young children get away with statutory rape simply because the girl had already be molested by others.

My cousin was involved in a long time common law marriage. Her husband called police one day and reported she had committed suicide.

Her family knew this was not true as he was abusive and she would never have left her children. It was a small town and the husband had ties to many in the police department there. He was allowed to destroy evidence the day after she died including the chair she was sitting in that had a bullet hole through it.

Several years went by and her family were able to get a group working on cold cases interested in the case. My cousins husband was soon arrested, tried and is now in prison.

I am not accusing anyone in the pcso of anything but in the south family connections often go back further than anyone can see easily as well as klan connections and hunting buddy connections and etc.

I have seen too many people get away with everything from murder to child molestation in my days when the perpetrator had the right connections.

Just recently I know of a young man that's been accused of molesting very young children get away with statutory rape simply because the girl had already be molested by others.

That just isn't the same case here. Remember Ronald got the same amount of time, as Tommy Croslin. That tells me those two are in the exact same boat.

I never would underestimate those ties; I have seen too much get swept under the rug by LE and by prosecutors. It does not have to be department-wide either, though in some cases it is! And it's not just in the South.

I am glad your cousin finally got the justice she deserved. I hope this happens for Haleigh someday but I think it will take the same type of effort--someone working dilligently for justice in cold cases.

(snipped)

Need to quote you again to touch on some points you raised. First of all, I do not think PCSO would cover for a child killer. I do not think they felt RC harmed Haleigh, or at least they didn't back when the investigation was getting underway.

What I think PCSO might be covering is their bungling of the investigation. I believe they want justice for Haleigh and want the truth to come out about what happened, but they know they goofed up big time in not collecting possible evidence from places other than Green Lane. They blundered the investigation and that may be at the cost of whatever evidence might have been available initially, but is not available at this late date.

I do not believe this crime went off with no evidence being left behind. So, where is that evidence? Did LE destroy it intentionally? I doubt it. IMO, they allowed it to be destroyed with the passage of time because they failed to collect it when it was available.

If PCSO is involved in cover-up, it might not be to protect Haleigh's perp, but could very well be for them to save face.

That just isn't the same case here. Remember Ronald got the same amount of time, as Tommy Croslin. That tells me those two are in the exact same boat.

I wasn't trying to imply pcso was covering for anyone. I hope no one is covering up anything. If Ron is guilty I want him to spend the rest of his life in prison. If he's innocent I want him to be vindicated. No one deserves to live under a cloud of suspicion.
I just wanted to point out for those that do not think cover ups happen it does all the time.

But thank you for your post as obviously I did not get my point across and would not want anyone to misunderstand.
btw Levi I applaud your determination to see justice done.

Need to quote you again to touch on some points you raised. First of all, I do not think PCSO would cover for a child killer. I do not think they felt RC harmed Haleigh, or at least they didn't back when the investigation was getting underway.

What I think PCSO might be covering is their bungling of the investigation. I believe they want justice for Haleigh and want the truth to come out about what happened, but they know they goofed up big time in not collecting possible evidence from places other than Green Lane. They blundered the investigation and that may be at the cost of whatever evidence might have been available initially, but is not available at this late date.

I do not believe this crime went off with no evidence being left behind. So, where is that evidence? Did LE destroy it intentionally? I doubt it. IMO, they allowed it to be destroyed with the passage of time because they failed to collect it when it was available.

If PCSO is involved in cover-up, it might not be to protect Haleigh's perp, but could very well be for them to save face.
I think you made some good points. I can't get into the LE is covering for Ron conspiracy, but I think you could be right about the investigation. Early on, this was treated like a kidnapping, & everybody, including LE thought she was coming home. IDK why, but I think that may have had something to do with whatever Teresa referred to being missing with Haleigh. maybe it gave the impression that she was going to be cared for. & then there was the whole Crystal & a family abduction speculation. & THEN, after all that precious time, focus was put on Ron & Misty. then those dumpster hits.

I know LE has and will cover up crimes. I could tell more than a couple horror stories about the town I live in and terrible crimes people got away with that didn't happen without some help from LE. I'm not saying 'would they?', I'm saying 'How?'

To use the case of your cousin as an example, you refer to the chair with a bullet hole the perp destroyed. Obviously someone knew about it, and if not just one but two other departments came in to investigate within a day or two of your cousin's death, do you think the local LE would have had as easy of a time pulling this off as they did? When an outside group came in the perp had no influence over, look what happened.

I'm not trying to get anyone to come over to my side, what I'm trying to get is an understanding of how Ron could have done it. If it were just one or two people saying this, I would blow it off as dislike or whatever, but there's more than that, so what am I missing?

The way I'm seeing it, for Ron to have done it, either he wasn't where he says he was, or Haleigh wasn't where everyone is saying she was, or at least not 100% good and healthy. LE screwing up would not be enough for either one of these to take place, so IMO, either Ron couldn't have done it, or LE is covering for him. If FDLE (who didn't seem to have any issue whatsoever putting Ron's hiney behind bars) and the FBI had not come into this case, I could believe Ron maybe has something on the local LE (it would be a struggle for me to accept Ron simply has 'influence' over them) and that's how he got off, but this case as it stands would IMO be way too easy for outside LE to uncover things like was Ron at work or was Haleigh showing signs of injury at school that day, was Haleigh at school that day, are all the witnesses to Haleigh being alive and well while Ron was at work (AC guy, Misty, Tommy, Tommy's kids, Jr. and GGM Sikes) lying?

I'm not trying to get anyone to come over to my side, what I'm trying to get is an understanding of how Ron could have done it. If it were just one or two people saying this, I would blow it off as dislike or whatever, but there's more than that, so what am I missing?

The way I'm seeing it, for Ron to have done it, either he wasn't where he says he was, or Haleigh wasn't where everyone is saying she was, or at least not 100% good and healthy. LE screwing up would not be enough for either one of these to take place, so IMO, either Ron couldn't have done it, or LE is covering for him. If FDLE (who didn't seem to have any issue whatsoever putting Ron's hiney behind bars) and the FBI had not come into this case, I could believe Ron maybe has something on the local LE (it would be a struggle for me to accept Ron simply has 'influence' over them) and that's how he got off, but this case as it stands would IMO be way too easy for outside LE to uncover things like was Ron at work or was Haleigh showing signs of injury at school that day, was Haleigh at school that day, are all the witnesses to Haleigh being alive and well while Ron was at work (AC guy, Misty, Tommy, Tommy's kids, Jr. and GGM Sikes) lying?

To my knowledge we have never heard anything from the A/C guy about seeing haleigh that afternoon... Tommy has never stated he was there like Misty claims he was that afternoon either...In reference to GGMS, I don't believe she saw haleigh either like she claims she did... Bottom line for me...I'm speculating Haleigh wasn't where everyone has claimed she was that afternoon/early evening...

I see Ron as responsible for what happened to Haleigh. He could have injured her with over-the-top discipline before he left for work. Sometimes people with such injuries seem okay for awhile but take a turn for the worse later on, especially after lying down or falling asleep. Now, I am not saying this is what happened, only that it could have. And if it did, it would be enough for anyone on the scene to freak out, believing it would be a charge of child abuse resulting in death.

But, I tend to think of Ron's guilt as indirect. Something he was involved in, or someone he crossed, attempted to get even. Maybe Haleigh was an unintended casualty of a chain of events--events that actually began days or possibly even weeks prior to February 9. If this is closer to the truth, I might be inclinced to see LE as possibly covering certain aspects up if whatever activities Ron was involved in also involved one, two, or more LE.

Who knows. I sure don't. But if this crime was done by Misty, Tommy, JO, or any combination of the three--why did Ron behave the way he did early into the investigation? Why--if he was not there and had absolutely no idea of what went down--would Ron marry Misty? Wouldn't he suspect she might be the perp, or at least might be holding back some important information?

Ron told NG he had never really questioned Misty about that night. WHY NOT? One would think Ron would be appalled, but at the very least curious. Yet it didn't seem to matter to him that Misty might have killed his daughter. He didn't even entertain the thought, apparently. So, maybe he knew she didn't. But how, since he wasn't there and claimed to not have a clue what happened.

Ron acted guilty, IMO, or something regarding Haleigh's disappearance. He might not be the perp of direct harm to Haleigh, but I believe he is guilty of something that caused whatever happened to happen. All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member