Questions Specifically for Benjaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that are wondering, some info regarding Union in Kentucky.

Union,Kentucky is a city in Boone County,Kentucky. Union is near Florence,KY and not far from I-75. Boone County,KY is across the river from Cincinnati,Ohio. The county seat of Boone County,Kentucky is Burlington.

Union County, Kentucky is 30 miles southwest of Evansville, Indiana. The county seat of Union County,Kentucky is Morganfield.

There is also a Powell County, Kentucky. Powell County is 50 miles southeast of Lexington,Kentucky. The county seat of Powell County,Kentucky is Stanton. The Mountain Parkway runs through Powell County. Powell County is south of I-64 and east of I-75 in Kentucky.

It must really be interesting to live in a county that has been named after your family.

Benjaman:
I remember you saying you remember Frisch's Big Boy in Indiana. I was hoping this may help you with some memories, and look at the Powell name. I pulled this off of Newsbank, which is a place that holds news from my library.
I am going to see if I can come up with more from this family on Ancestry.

"Mary I. "Jean" Ritter, 74, of Evansville, Ind., passed away on Saturday, October 30, 2004, at her home.

Jean and her husband owned and operated two Frisch's Big Boy Restaurants and later Ritter's Big Bud Restaurant . She was the Assistant Manager of the Vanderburgh County Auditorium, Chief Deputy of the Vanderburgh County Clerk Office for eight years, and she retired from the Vanderburgh County Voters Registration Office.

Jean was a Republican volunteer, member of the Vanderburgh County Federated Republican Women, Vanderburgh County Women's Republican Social Club and a President of the Deacons at First Presbyterian Church.

She is survived by her husband of 54 years, Jim "Tiger" Ritter, Evansville, Ind.; daughter and son-in-law, Janice and Erik Bentle, Evansville, Ind.; son and daughter-in-law, Jay and Linda Ritter, Evansville, Ind.; grandchildren, Anna and Matthew Bentle and Alexandra Ritter, all of Evansville, Ind.; a great-granddaughter, Kaylee Marie, Evansville, Ind.; and an aunt, Lois Hullett, Evansville, Ind.

She was preceded in death by her parents, Edna (Holland) and Hillary Powell , and a brother Julian Powell .
Funeral services will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, November 1, 2004, at Browning Funeral Home, 738 Diamond Ave., with Rev. Kevin Fleming officiating. Burial will be held in Sunset Memorial Park Cemetery.

Friends may call from 2 to 7 p.m. today, Sunday, October 31, 2004, at Browning Funeral Home.

Memorial contributions may be made to First Presbyterian Church, 609 SE Second Street, or the Deaconess Ohio/Valley Hospice. "

I do not think that I have ever been in Evansville.

We have quite a few fresh eyes looking at Mr. Kyle's threads, which we welcome!! Now is a good time to revisit the fact that we have the benefit of Mr. Kyle's direct input into the work being done to try and help him uncover his ID- Please make sure your questions and posts are respectful and sensitive to him and his situation....

Thanks for all the energy and time everyone is devoting!!!!!! I cannot speak for Mr. Kyle but I appreciate all of you so much, FWIW.

Benjaman: Do you remember ever being a member of the Colorado Restaurant Association, particularly when it was the CWRA (Colorado/Wyoming Restaurant Association) If so, do you remember the split from Wyoming in 89?
I had forgotten that Co. and and Wy. restaurant associations were united. I have been on the Co. site several times and never noticed that they had separated. I do not know whn they separated but I remember the Restaurant Show that was put on in the old Currigan Hall in Denver every year.

Benjaman, I was wondering if you remember faces, I know you mentioned you believe you had 2 brothers, is it due to remembering faces? I have some photos I could post of Powells and associated families, that might help in some way. Maybe you would think a face is familiar, whether or not the name would be familiar.

I do not know whether it would jog some memories, but I would like to see these pictures.

Thanks Benjaman. DO you think you attended the restaurant show as an attendee or as a vendor?

I had forgotten that Co. and and Wy. restaurant associations were united. I have been on the Co. site several times and never noticed that they had separated. I do not know whn they separated but I remember the Restaurant Show that was put on in the old Currigan Hall in Denver every year.

Benjaman, Do you recall attending the NRA (National Restaurant Assoc.) annual conventions in Chicago at McCormick Place? They used to be held in January in the 90's and recently have moved to May.

Benjaman, Do you recall attending the NRA (National Restaurant Assoc.) annual conventions in Chicago at McCormick Place? They used to be held in January in the 90's and recently have moved to May.
I have never been there, but would love to go . I could wear out a pair of shoes easily at that show. It is the largest in the country!

I have never been there, but would love to go . I could wear out a pair of shoes easily at that show. It is the largest in the country!

I'm sure I could get you the tickets... but not sure how to get ya here! I used to go annually when I worked for A.W. Mendenhall which has since been acquired by Bunzl. that was way back in the early 90's when it was still held in January.

I tracked down the name and phone number of the sales rep for the Indianapolis market who has probably been in that market since at least the late 80's if you think it would help. I wouldn't know who to ask him about though.... if you have any idea's please let me know. He is currently with Saalfeld Paper in that area.

I've been unable to track down any names in the Colorado market.... still trying every now and then though.

ETA: Now if you were lost from Buffalo, NY I still talk to the Saalfeld rep in that market every once in awhile. Great guy!

Benjaman,

It would really help if you could share what area within the hospitality industry you remember. I know I could track down a Kathy that works for Kimberly Clark and a few others in the industry, but it would be difficult for me to pin point what area of the restaurant ind to look for without a little more info. Such as should I be looking for distributors who sold to restaurants in Boulder or Denver who may have been in the business in the late 70's to mid 80's, or redistributors? Those who sold equipment, glassware, food, paper products? It's a pretty big industry given all the different area's involved.

If I had something for them to work with in that area I know I could get a few names tracked down. At least to get your info to them......

Thank you!

Benjaman, I don't post often but have looked at every missing person to compare with you daily. My question is- Have you ever sent one of your flyers to the library in Colorado that you remember going to? Possibly, if you could send one with a cover letter asking them to post the flyer for the public to view someone might remember you and it sure would get your name and pictures out there and we could have more people searching. Also it might be a good idea to send one to the LE, not that I think you have a record, but someone may have filed a missing persons report with them. Wishing you the best and we are all here for you.............

Benjamin, I first read your story a few days ago and I am completely fascinated... I live just two hours north of you in Charleston, SC.

I have a few questions:

1. Do you have any memories of someone close to you dying at any point in your life? Perhaps a parent, grandparent, sibling, or other relative? Do you ever remember attending a funeral?

2. Do you remember anything about presidential elections or even state/local elections? Do you know if you were a Republican/Democrat/other and who you may have voted for?

3. Do you think it's possible you may have been homeless?

Welcome to WS TheGodfather! Thank you for your interest in Mr. Kyles case!

Benjaman:
You mentioned Crown Hill Cemetary as a place you remembered. Did you ever go inside the cemetary? If so, do you think you went there for a burial, the architecture on the grounds, the many trees and plants, a picnic, or maybe even the national cemetary located within the grounds?
You mentioned The White River, what side of the river do you remember best and about what location, maybe street name or something of the nature?
You mentioned The Scottish Rite Cathedral, have you been inside of it, or just the architect of the outside?
Also, are any street names very familiar to you from Indianapolis?
I am working with the 1930 census and 1949 telephone directory of Indianapolis at the present, hoping to narrow down Powell families. Thanks.

Benjaman:
You mentioned The White River, what side of the river do you remember best and about what location, maybe street name or something of the nature?

There are parts of the White River that are quite wild still, and would be good for canoeing. Other parts are very industrial and I wouldn't put my little toe in it - and I'm sure it was worse back then. Did you go see Indianapolis Indians baseball games at the ball park by White River? If so, was it called Victory Field or Bush Stadium?

Do you remember a small zoo in Indianapolis? Almost a children's petting zoo, but a bit bigger ... inside the grounds of a city park. There was a wind-mill and a 19' giraffe statue at the gate.

Thanks Benjaman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members