Questions Welcome Here!

Can someone direct me to a post explaining all the acronym meanings please? I thought I saw it somewhere, but I just can't find it. TIA

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

This is regarding a very old unsolved murder. The investigation has gone cold but the detectives and PD working the case will not accept outside help (private investigators, other agencies, etc.) as the case is technically still open.

A member of the murdered person's family has a copy of the autopsy report. It was accidentally leaked and was sent to her, unredacted, many years ago. She has not shared it with anyone, but she has read it. I do not know ANY of the details, but apparently the autopsy report details something that was done to the deceased that this person believes would have taken two people to do.

I've taken an interest in the case and I'm wondering if there are any forensic experts that I could get in contact with that would be able to look at the autopsy report and confirm (or not confirm) this suspicion. Any ideas of where to start? Thank you!

In most states, the state's Attorney General's office supervises law enforcement state-wide.

The family member may be able to contact that office, and receive help or guidance in proceeding.

At the county level, the prosecuting attorney/district attorney's office has a Victim Advocate. THe family member might contact that person for similar support as a crime victim.

Hi everyone - I'm trying to get some information on a case that involves a former student of mine. I was a kindergarten teacher in a former life in AZ, and try to keep up on some of my students. Sadly, one of them has been arrested for murder in Tucson, but the last information I can find are news articles from May/June of 2021. Can anyone point me towards public info sites that might have some information about when the trial is scheduled to happen, or anything that has happened so far? Maybe I shouldn't care...But I do.

Hi everyone - I'm trying to get some information on a case that involves a former student of mine. I was a kindergarten teacher in a former life in AZ, and try to keep up on some of my students. Sadly, one of them has been arrested for murder in Tucson, but the last information I can find are news articles from May/June of 2021. Can anyone point me towards public info sites that might have some information about when the trial is scheduled to happen, or anything that has happened so far? Maybe I shouldn't care...But I do.
There are sites, which I think vary by jurisdiction (for instance, state), where you could perform an Inmate Lookup or Inmate Search. For at least some, one may view information such as when as they became incarcerated, when they are scheduled for a hearing, earliest release date, etc.. I would caution against using pay sites, and access instead through official carcerial and/or jurisdictional webpages.

Maybe one of these:

I haven't used either site BTW.

jmho ymmv lrr

I have been scouring the Canadian John and Jane does and I happened to find this interesting note at the bottom of a john doe page. It said:

Please note: all cases in which the sex of the decedent is unknown are assigned and filed as male.
Is this the Doe Network that is stating this, or the Saskatchewan Police Department that has done this. Wouldn't this impede the likelihood of finding potential matches if the assumption is male without making any attempts to confirm it?

Does this mean that for all we know, many SK "john does" are assumed to be male? And how is one to know if the "male" gender assigned to the doe is accurate or an assumption? Why not categorize it as "unknown" because that is also an option.

This is the doe I am referring to.

I have been scouring the Canadian John and Jane does and I happened to find this interesting note at the bottom of a john doe page. It said:

Is this the Doe Network that is stating this, or the Saskatchewan Police Department that has done this. Wouldn't this impede the likelihood of finding potential matches if the assumption is male without making any attempts to confirm it?

Does this mean that for all we know, many SK "john does" are assumed to be male? And how is one to know if the "male" gender assigned to the doe is accurate or an assumption? Why not categorize it as "unknown" because that is also an option.

This is the doe I am referring to.

The sex on the case is listed as Unknown. However, it is indexed under male. As for the why, I'm unsure, but it's always been done that way.

Yeah, Its good be here the thread is really great and all the people here are amazing.

I am trying to use the SEARCH function
to find discussions of topics among multiple threads in the same forum/case.

The search functions that i see on the upper left corner and the "search forums" taskbar seem to search all forms/cases and haven't helped me.

Looking for items/topics that were already researched in the same forum but in the same forums 's earlier thread earlier threads

eg forum - "Found deceased_________(forum name)
It has @ 9 threads
A topic was discussed previously but I don't know which thread #
I can provide the time range dates
I can provide keywords (item or topic that I am looking for)
Posted by: I wouldn't know who posted the relevant entries

I want to search
-the 9 threads of 1 case
-for a key word ( e. g. item/topic)
-within a date range e. g. (08/01/22 -> (09/23/22)
-without knowing who posted the comment.

Thanks for your attention and any advice/directions

IMHexperience, some days Search is just wonky. Most days it is great. 9Could be my tying, at least part of the time.)

Sometimes, I open a new tab (using a laptop) and type my question into Google, including the word Websleuths.

May you could try that, with the deceased' name, your key words, and Websleuths?

Long ago I used Boolean operators in Google, that might help you?

IMHexperience, some days Search is just wonky. Most days it is great. 9Could be my tying, at least part of the time.)

Sometimes, I open a new tab (using a laptop) and type my question into Google, including the word Websleuths.

May you could try that, with the deceased' name, your key words, and Websleuths?

Long ago I used Boolean operators in Google, that might help you?
Thanks again - you are so knowledgeable and helpful.

I tried the external google and it did help.
I found the info that I needed. Thanks!

But there were old threads covering a topic that is being re-hashed
and I wanted to find that continuous cluster of comments
that covered a specific topic where even professional experts
contributed.
It' s sad not being able to find that info without going
through each of 9 threads.

I was thinking that there may be a "help" file that explained
the websleuths internal "Search" functions.

But I can use your google tip with great results. (Thanks again)

How does one contact an admin with a specific question? I'd prefer not to litter a board with my question. Or is that the way? Thanks.

You can also click the blue word Report in your own post and ask, if the question is general.

With a question on a particular thread, best to contact a Moderator already active on that thread imho.

As @MadMcGoo suggests!

Hi everyone, I have a interesting case that happened years ago in Montague, Texas. His name is Clifton Harvin and a good friend of mine is related to the family. The Marshall Project has reported on the awful trial and appeals to the Texas Criminal Court of Appeals actions. One of the Justices even has written his disent with his opinion on what he perceived as wrong doing amongst the other TCCA decision.
Question is, where would I post this or can some help me and start a post please?

Hi everyone, I have a interesting case that happened years ago in Montague, Texas. His name is Clifton Harvin and a good friend of mine is related to the family. The Marshall Project has reported on the awful trial and appeals to the Texas Criminal Court of Appeals actions. One of the Justices even has written his disent with his opinion on what he perceived as wrong doing amongst the other TCCA decision.
Question is, where would I post this or can some help me and start a post please?

We don't seem to have a thread yet.

I'd just start it in the usual way, name, date, location; include guilty/appeal whatever applies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back