Quote of the Day-Looking Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one of my most despised quotes from Kate. It is so disconnected from the reality of what Maddie would be dealing with if she was abducted, that I think it would have been far kinder and more appropriate to not allow Kate to speak at all to the media.

So right Texana, for any mother to have the audacity to say that a terrified 3 year old (did she forget that 3-4 year old is still a baby, not an adult?) would be giving her tuppence worth to a dirty filthy brute of a pedophile makes my stomach churn!

That quote & the one about her being treated like a princess both made me ill!

What kind of a mother says something like this? The Kate kind, the kind that doesn't give a damn about her kids in the first place & prefers to leave a terrified baby alone in the dark while she eats, drinks & has a jolly old social life! The kind that shouldn't be allowed to have kids in the first place!
This person is still in charge of two vulnerable babies! Mothers have had their kids taken from them for a lot less than Kate did! Mothers who have fallen on hard times, maybe turned to drink through depression, whatever but this cow had a good life; money (although you wouldn't think it the way they have misused the fund for personal gain) good job, nice house, kids, social life, holidays etc - so what the heck was her excuse for the neglect of her children?????????

26 January 2009 (No QOTD for Jan 25)

Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case

"In a way, we would like to have been accused so we could defend ourselves openly. Now, reading the process, there is no evidence that justifies the suspicion, apart from the dogs' action. There was never a sustained explanation. And the questioning: 'What happened to Madeleine? How did you get rid of her? Who helped you? Where did you put her?' All fantasy! If they had found DNA – so what? And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment – why would that be our fault?"

Gerry McCann, to Expresso, on 06.09.2008

By Astro: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/01/quote-of-day-looking-back-on-madeleine_26.html

January 27, 2009

"According to you, what happened on May 3, 2007?"

Madeleine McCann died from accidentally falling behind the sofa in the living room of the apartment. That couch had been moved when the alarm over the alleged disappearance was raised. I think that someone discovered the body, concealed it, cleaned everything up and pushed the sofa to the window.'

Gonçalo Amaral, to Metro, on 11.09.2008

By Astro: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/01/quote-of-day-looking-back-on-madeleine_27.html

This is the Occam's Razor explanation. It's backed up by the evidence as well.

She climbed on the sofa, and she fell. She died of her injuries, and wasn't discovered for some time.

Gerry's comment about Madeleine injuring herself in the apartment--"And why would that be our fault?"

It's one of those comments that says so much about Gerry.

How sad. I wonder if, in his "working class" upbringing, Gerry was often left alone with siblings. The "I survived just fine" mentality is hard to overcome as an adult.

Come to think of it...does anyone have links for Gerry's parents?

January 27, 2009

"According to you, what happened on May 3, 2007?"

Madeleine McCann died from accidentally falling behind the sofa in the living room of the apartment. That couch had been moved when the alarm over the alleged disappearance was raised. I think that someone discovered the body, concealed it, cleaned everything up and pushed the sofa to the window.'

Gonçalo Amaral, to Metro, on 11.09.2008

By Astro: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/01/quote-of-day-looking-back-on-madeleine_27.html
The only relevant words here of disgraced cop Amaral's is "I think." :waitasec:

He was got rid of for a reason.

This is the Occam's Razor explanation. It's backed up by the evidence as well.

She climbed on the sofa, and she fell. She died of her injuries, and wasn't discovered for some time.

Gerry's comment about Madeleine injuring herself in the apartment--"And why would that be our fault?"

It's one of those comments that says so much about Gerry.

How sad. I wonder if, in his "working class" upbringing, Gerry was often left alone with siblings. The "I survived just fine" mentality is hard to overcome as an adult.

Come to think of it...does anyone have links for Gerry's parents?

I don't often post in here. although I read regularly. When I read this quote from Gerry a few days ago, I was shocked. As far as I can see, he just gave the game away. If your daughter had truly been kidnapped, would you even think of saying : "And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment – why would that be our fault?" He let his mouth run one step too many.

It just beggars belief. Maybe her falling wasn't your fault Gerry, but the coverup, disposal of her body, setting up a Fund to "find" her etc etc etc most certainly is!!!

This ranks along with the justifications they came up with for the dogs hitting on their clothes and the car, for me.

MOO

I don't often post in here. although I read regularly. When I read this quote from Gerry a few days ago, I was shocked. As far as I can see, he just gave the game away. If your daughter had truly been kidnapped, would you even think of saying : "And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment – why would that be our fault?" He let his mouth run one step too many.

It just beggars belief. Maybe her falling wasn't your fault Gerry, but the coverup, disposal of her body, setting up a Fund to "find" her etc etc etc most certainly is!!!

This ranks along with the justifications they came up with for the dogs hitting on their clothes and the car, for me.

MOO

I agree. It's probably the most telling response--that he felt the need to defend that at all. If she was truly abducted, then why would he feel the need to get defensive and argue back that it wouldn't be "our fault" at all?

He's telling everyone she did get hurt--but that it wasn't their fault.

28 January 2009

'We actually have a really good relationship with them [the PJ]. They listen to our suggestions as well, which is really kind, because they don't have to, we're not detectives! And they're willing to accept help from people who have offered. I'm really happy with the way things are going.'

Kate McCann, in Marie Claire, on 03.08.2007

By Astro: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/01/quote-of-day-looking-back-on-madeleine_28.html

29 January 2009

"Kate and Gerry did have two mortgage payments made by the fund, but this stopped when they were made formal suspects. I really want to stress that they have never asked for one penny from the fund – despite taking un-paid leave to try and find their daughter. Seriously, even when they were in Portugal, they never asked for one penny."

Esther McVey* in Liverpool Daily Post, 5 November 2007

*Esther McVey is a long-time friend of Kate McCann and was spokesperson for Madeleine's Fund from its launch in May 2007.

Esther and Kate first met in 1986, when they were both 18, at the North East Technical College in West Derby, where they were studying A-levels together.

She joined the board of Madeleine's Fund on 20 June 2007 and continued her role as spokesperson for the Fund until her resignation, announced in January 2008.

Ms McVey has remained-tight lipped as to the reason, or reasons, behind her resignation - a rather ironic position, considering her desire to become a Member of Parliament and given her former and current roles in the media/PR.

Her own website, on which she once displayed an online petition in support of the McCanns, now contains no mention of Madeleine McCann at all.

By Joana Morais: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/01/quote-of-day-looking-back-on-madeleine_29.html

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 01:18 AM CST

Kate even joked that Madeleine is probably giving her kidnapper a taste of her forceful character.

She said: "Madeleine is such a sociable child, so funny and engaging."

"She has a lot of personality. Her name actually means 'tower of strength'.

"She hated it when we called her Maddie. She'd say 'My name is Madeleine' with an indignant look.

"I bet she's giving whoever she's with her tuppence worth."

Kate Healy, Madeleine's mother in Mirror, August 13th, 2007

By Astro: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/01/quote-of-day-looking-back-on-madeleine_24.html

I actually cannot believe this quote. I cannot believe it. This is an incredibly damming thread for the McCann's...I think the McCann's probably were responsible for Maddie's dissapearance but I'm not all the way there yet - though this thread certainly presents a good case against them!

February 01, 2009

‘I think, erm, you know, we are not looking at what has been done, and I don’t think it helps at this stage to look back at what could and couldn’t have been done... The time for these lessons to be learned is after the investigation is finished and not now.’

Gerald McCann on 'how the Portuguese police conducted the case' in a video interview 2007

By Joana Morais: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/02/quote-of-day-looking-back-on-madeleine.html

Posted: 02 Feb 2009 06:38 AM PST

“My brother’s telling me, do not antagonise these people. The enquiry is in their hands, we have to work with these people, they are our best hope. You have to be very political with what you say about them but hey the gloves are off, these people are imbeciles.”

“Suddenly a dog can talk and says she smelled a death. How can that be when a British sniffer dog came out months after Madeleine’s case.”

“Can I just tell the whole audience out there. This is a complete fabrication. Gerry and Kate have got nothing to with the disappearance of their daughter. It has been them pushing this investigation from day one. It is just not true.”

Philomena McCann on This Morning show - ITV1, September 8th, 2007

By Joana Morais: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/02/quote-of-day-looking-back-on-madeleine_02.html

03 February 2009

40 apartments were investigated and the dogs only marked yours. Ten cars and they only reacted to yours.

Gerry – These dogs’ frailty was proved by a study that was carried out in the USA, in the case of a man that had been accused of murder. They had ten rooms, and in each room four boxes were placed, containing vegetables, bones, trash. Some contained human remains. They stayed there for ten hours. Eight hours after the boxes were removed, the dogs came in. And the dogs failed two thirds of the attempts. Imagine the reliability when these dogs test an apartment three months after the disappearance of a child.

Gerald McCann in Expresso, first interview after arguido status, September, 6 2008

by Joana Morais

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/

Mark Harrison, the British search expert, and Martin Grimes the dog handler!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4493335.ece

According to the case files, the dogs detected scent at five locations in the McCanns’ apartment and in the garden. Dogs later “marked” the boot of their car.
The case file contains documents showing that Mark Harrison, the British search expert, and Martin Grimes, the dog-handler, "Warned" that the results should be treated with caution. They insisted that “corroborating evidence” was needed and that no “intelligence reliability could be placed on the results”.

In the actual dog handlers own words.......And they should know.

The statement translations can be found here:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm

So one can get the "whole picture"....

This is a really good site for translations of the files:
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm

More Blogs colomom! :waitasec:

Do you have a problem with the "Times" report of the dog handler Martin Grimes and Mark Harrison's statement to the PJ?

More Blogs colomom! :waitasec:

Do you have a problem with the "Times" report of the dog handler Martin Grimes and Mark Harrison's statement to the PJ?

Gotta love those blogs...where would we be without them? :winko:

No problem with the "Times" report, which consisted of one sentence of the actual report. Just wanted to make sure everyone can see the entire report.

Gotta love those blogs...where would we be without them? :winko:

No problem with the "Times" report, which consisted of one sentence of the actual report. Just wanted to make sure everyone can see the entire report.
Without them maybe "Seeker of the truth" would have a chance of success. :)

February 05, 2009

“Kate and Gerry have nothing to hide. Any evidence that is found here, or in Portugal, can be wholly and innocently explained.

None of the results have been put to them so they do not even know what they are supposed to be. Whatever is put to Kate and Gerry, at whatever time, can be totally explained to them.”

Clarence Mitchell, about DNA results in The Telegraph, October 9 2007

By Joana Morais

February 06, 2009

"You don't expect a predator to break in and take your daughter out the bed. It could have happened under other circumstances and there would still be the regret. It wasn't like a decision we made. It was a matter of 'let's get the kids to sleep, then we'll have dinner.' It wasn't a 'shall I, shan't I?' thing. I feel desperately sorry to her that we weren't there.

This has touched so many people. I've had so many letters from mothers, really kind words. People have said 'Kate, we've done this a hundred times over ourselves. Why would you for one minute think something like that would happen?' It's not like we went down town or anything."

Kate McCann, on leaving three babies alone in The Independent, August 5, 2007

By Astro (http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/02/quote-of-day-looking-back-on-madeleine_06.html)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member