Quran Burning on 9/11/10

What I find MOST interesting is what the critics including Mayor Bloomburg have said about the book burner: Just because he has the legal right to do it doesn't mean he should.

Isn't that what others are saying about the Mosque building Mayor?

And FYI not all Muslims are terrorists, but it seems that some of the ones bankrolling and pushing this Mosque have ties to terrorists and groups we consider terrorist. That counts.

The victory mosque is another thread I know.

But as for book burner - he has NO following in the U.S. There are only about 50 or so people left in his congregation yet...

YOU WILL ALL BE BLAMED FOR THIS. Those running around Afghanistan burning flags do not have the good sense to distinguish - but then again they don't want to. We are all infidels.

You are right, we will all be blamed for the actions of this nutbag - in the exact same way that all Muslims are being held accountable by some for the actions of a few very dangerous nutbags on September 11.

Tit for tat and round and round and round we go. Where will it stop? Does anyone know?

Thank goodness. Hope this is the last 15 minutes this pastor ever gets.

I hold the media responsible, they shouldn't have given this whack job two minutes of coverage. That wasn't "news" it was idiocy!

If the media didn't cover it, he would have simply been one whackadoo with a handful of morons listening to hm. Who cares? By giving him his 15 minutes....he fanned the flames and inflamed nations, endangered people.

His book burning is no different than inciting a riot. It should be a crime to be so stupid!

Meredith Viera interviewed the man on Today this morning.(sorry I can't call him a pastor or minister because his behavior sure doesn't seem Godly to me, MOO)

She put him on the hotseat. Watch video of the interview here>>>>>>>

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/39094218#39094218.

What an ignoramous! Really, all this has only made me more curious about what is written in the Quran and makes me want to read it. I'd prefer to read it and educate myself on it's content if I had concerns, rather than burn it. I wonder if he has even read it?

What a tiny, small minded individual!

MOO

wm

So, he is doing the back and forth. Yes, I'm gonna burn them, No, I'm not gonna burn them. I am not a religious person, but he is an embarrassment to Christians everywhere. I am deeply concerned about the backlash against our troops. Let's ship him over to Afghanistan to do his little stunt. Let him face the music, instead of our brave, fine soldiers who are going to be put in terrible danger because of it.

I really hate what this man is proposing to do, but do we really believe that these terrorists and fanatics need a new reason to kill our troops? They would love nothing better than a repeat of 9/11/2001. For myself, I will be praying to my God to ease the suffering of our men and women who have to be over there and that He will provide a way for this man to deal with the hurt and anger he feels. A positive way that would not result in bloodshed. But I have to wonder what that would be since we are dealing with people who believe that bloodshed is the only way.

So, he is doing the back and forth. Yes, I'm gonna burn them, No, I'm not gonna burn them. I am not a religious person, but he is an embarrassment to Christians everywhere. I am deeply concerned about the backlash against our troops. Let's ship him over to Afghanistan to do his little stunt. Let him face the music, instead of our brave, fine soldiers who are going to be put in terrible danger because of it.

That's a great idea, Belinda.

I give partial blame to the media for putting our troops in danger by making this a huge story. The church is said to have 30 - 50 members. Now the pastor is on national TV spewing hate, and another pastor in Tennessee says his church will burn the Quran as well.

BRB with link.

Tenn. minister says he'll burn Quran, post it on YouTube

http://www2.wnct.com/lifestyles/2010/sep/10/tenn-minister-says-hell-burn-quran-post-youtube-ar-374466/
Hopefully, now that Youtube knows about this, they would refuse to post the video. Maybe I expect too much.

This is all MOO.

This small minded individual is so wrapped up in his own narcissism that he cannot see beyond his own fingertips. He is such a religious zealot/ fanatic that I am afraid he will not back down and will encourage his congregation to follow thru with the Quran burning even as he is in NY meeting with the Imam.

And now this church in TN is jumping on the bandwagon. (Stockholm syndrome?) The man is on a mission regardless of the peril it may cause for our countrymen overseas, not to mention our homeland compatriots. I read somewhere the state dept has already put out an advisory for Americans traveling abroad.

I believe in freedom of speech, don't get me wrong, but this man is no better than the 9/11 terrorists. He is only inciting more hatred and violence from these extremists in a free country that is still healing from the shock and tragedy of 9/11. If he felt 'led' to do such a thing, why not do it quietly without all the media coverage? Is he hoping for a reality show?

I was initially upset about the proposed mosque as it sounded like it was to be built on the World Trade Center site. But the location is actually two blocks away from the site and on private property. Is it insensitive to build there? Probably. But let's remember the foundation of religious freedom that our country was built upon......meaning...we have the religious freedom to worship however we like.

I am not a religious person but a spiritual person and I just don't feel that burning any books will solve any problems we have with terrorism. When did we, as a nation, become so intolerant of others who don't fit our pattern of the norm? Looking back through history, intolerance was a trend from the beginning when we drove out our Eastern Native Americans on the 'Trail of Tears' from NC to OK.

I am of NA descent. I apologize if my rant has offended anyone but if you walk into any saloon on a reservation in the west, a quiet pall falls over the NA patrons and you are stared down. There is, to this day, a complete mistrust of the 'white man'. I 'appear' very 'white man' so it is unsettling to see such comtempt for my appearance because they don't know what is in my own heart and soul.

Perhaps 'Mister' would benefit from a 'Come To Jesus Meeting' via a cross country road trip, which would include stopovers at every NA reservation along the way.

wm

I think actually the Iman did a stupid thing by telling Terry Jones there was no deal... Now he's re-threatening to burn it again on Sat. and so is this other idiot in Tennessee. If it were me, the Iman should have just said,"No comment" until at least Sunday. Then after 9/12, he could voice how he really feels, MOO!:twocents:

I hate it when lunatics get media attention...it only attracts more lunatics...

'Mister's daughter speaks out!"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39099740/ns/us_news-security/

~snipped~

"My father is not one to give up," said Emma Jones, 30. "As a daughter, I see the good-natured core inside him. But I think he needs help."

"I think he has gone mad," she added.

She described how a Christian community her father spent years building in Cologne, Germany was at first Bible-orientated but later changed. After leaving the community aged 17, Emma Jones said she returned in 2005 to find it had become sect-like.

"I saw that my father preached and did things that I didn't find biblical at all. He demanded total allegiance to himself and his second wife," she said. His first wife, her mother, died in 1996.

"That was real religious delusion I saw," she added. "Typical evidence of a sect."

wm

~snipped~

"My father is not one to give up," said Emma Jones, 30. "As a daughter, I see the good-natured core inside him. But I think he needs help."

She described how a Christian community her father spent years building in Cologne, Germany was at first Bible-orientated but later changed. After leaving the community aged 17, Emma Jones said she returned in 2005 to find it had become sect-like.

"I saw that my father preached and did things that I didn't find biblical at all. He demanded total allegiance to himself and his second wife," she said. His first wife, her mother, died in 1996.

"That was real religious delusion I saw," she added. "Typical evidence of a sect."

wm

Well good for the daughter!

~snipped~

wm
CBM
Different religion+same disease (hatred, ignorance and fanaticism)=same outcome (anger, fear and possible bloodshed):snooty:

Saturday’s scheduled “Burn a Quran Day” is off – for certain this time.

But there could still be a burning of Islam’s sacred text in the future as the preacher behind the controversial event has yet received the “sign from God” that would finally put an end to it – the moving of the proposed Islamic center near New York City’s Ground Zero.

"I have confirmed 100 percent that he (Pastor Terry Jones) will not burn the Quran tomorrow," India-born preacher K.A. Paul told reporters after joining Jones for a press conference.

Jones' son, Luke Jones, later confirmed Paul’s claim, saying, "There will be no Quran-burning tomorrow
http://www.christianpost.com/article/20100910/9-11-quran-burning-again-called-off/

It's off as it should be but they can't speak for the future. :angel:

Wrong plain wrong as a christian to even think of burning another religions holy words..shame on this Pastor...JMHO

I wonder if what his daughter states the authorities will check into and close it down if true...JMHO

How pathetic and sad. This is a day of remembrance and one that causes much pain to many people.

I wish these media ho's would stop getting any attention.

Goz

How pathetic and sad. This is a day of remembrance and one that causes much pain to many people.

I wish these media ho's would stop getting any attention.

Goz

Yes, that's all these freaks care about...they dont give a da*n about our country or what this day is all about. It makes me sick.

This is completely ridiculous. This fool and the ever-present helpful (sarcasm) media have created a firestorm. If any of our people are hurt, it is on their heads. Shame on him for coming up with such a cockamamie idea and shame on them for advertising it for him. Further, shame on the Muslim countries for blowing this all out of proportion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey
Back