Ramifications of a Not Guilty Verdict in Casey Anthony Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see it happening. She will be convicted. She will lose on appeal.

I doubt that with all of the evidence pointing towards guilt that she will get off...but, IF that happened I would be extemely let down with the justice system. It has happened before, OJ ...just the thought of hearing that not guilty verdict makes me angry all over again. I followed that trial very closely, without the benefit of a computer, and it was sheer rage that I felt when he got off on those two very brutal murders. I don't see it happening with Casey, first she is no OJ and Florida is not LA. The evidence is circumstantial, but there is a lot of it and, IMO, it paints a clear picture of guilt.

I agree with every one here. If she is found not guilty, I really feel that the family and especially KC will be in great danger from public violence. Just remembering the scene outside of the Anthony house earlier this year, I truly feel something horrible will happen. Even OJ Simpson was not as hated as she is, IMO. Because of little Caylee's age, it will be bad. Please do not think that I in any way advocate this, I just think that is the way it will be.

i agree w/ zippity. as strange as it is to think this in the civilized world and in the 21st century, i believe that b/c of the level of hatred this person has engendered the most likely outcome of a not guilty verdict would be, for want of a better term and to avoid a more explicit one, 'prairie justice'.

I predict a not guilty on the premeditated murder charge. I predict a guilty on the manslaughter, abuse, and lying to investigators. Remember, there are seven charges on this current indictment. Not sure they will do anything with the check charges, but I do think she will serve some time on the child abuse and manslaughter. Probably less than 10 years, and she'll get credit for time served. Likely, less than two years in prison after the trial.

Once she's out, she will go to the Anthony's. I think they will stay together to give her a place to go, and also because CA is still trying desperately to save face. They will have some initial interest, but no protests and such because she will have been found guilty and done the time allowed for those charges. They will spin it as a victory, and proof that they were right all along. She was innocent, of murder, like they said. She will be guilty of Caylee's death, but not murder. Go figure.

The problem Casey Anthony has that OJ, Scott Peterson, Robert Blake, etc., didn't have was the fact that the victim here was a child in HER CARE and she ended up dead!

Unless she can come up with a REAL person that she handed Caylee over to with reasonable evidence to support the claim, she's going to be convicted on some level of murder/manslaughter.

The problem Casey Anthony has that OJ, Scott Peterson, Robert Blake, etc., didn't have was the fact that the victim here was a child in HER CARE and she ended up dead!

Unless she can come up with a REAL person that she handed Caylee over to with reasonable evidence to support the claim, she's going to be convicted on some level of murder/manslaughter.

I sooo agree with your statement. I feel she will be convicted. If not the DP,
I'm sure they will have other charges if they don't have further evidence for
the DP. I have to wonder if Casey is going to be comfortable though sitting in
cell for 1 or 2 years waiting for trial since she seems to be convinced that
this will blow over and she will walk. Will she push JB to speed it up?
Remember her video, she wants so badly to be back home with George and
Cindy. ugh!

where you gonna find 12 people that dumb?

its not just murder one or nothing is it? can't they find on a lesser charge?

no matter....one or two, at the outside maybe three folks could be duped into not convicting her, but no way they find 12?

no way.

forget the oj jury...that was jury nullification...doesn't apply here...I'm sure the people of Florida care if young mothers kill their babies so they can party down.

I predict a not guilty on the premeditated murder charge. I predict a guilty on the manslaughter, abuse, and lying to investigators. Remember, there are seven charges on this current indictment. Not sure they will do anything with the check charges, but I do think she will serve some time on the child abuse and manslaughter. Probably less than 10 years, and she'll get credit for time served. Likely, less than two years in prison after the trial.

Once she's out, she will go to the Anthony's. I think they will stay together to give her a place to go, and also because CA is still trying desperately to save face. They will have some initial interest, but no protests and such because she will have been found guilty and done the time allowed for those charges. They will spin it as a victory, and proof that they were right all along. She was innocent, of murder, like they said. She will be guilty of Caylee's death, but not murder. Go figure.

I think you're right on how things will play out. The only problem I see now is with proving abuse unless not reporting a missing child would constitute it? Since her hair tests came back clean for long term drug exposure and there were no prior child abuse allegations I don't see the abuse angle? If she had been locking her in her trunk while she partied, there would be more hair and DNA from slober and tears, I would think? Unless that is evidence they are holding back on?

It's beginning to look more like a spur of the moment choking or smothering which would fall under 2nd or manslaughter.

But then there's the duct tape around the mouth. If the defense can't prove that anyone else had Caylee then that would leave Casey to be the one that placed it there.....I'm thinking in circles here.

I think that there is a greater possibility that Casey will be found not guilty now that the DP is on the table. As much as JB makes my skin crawl, he does have a point when he states that death is an irrevocable sentence. Unless there is some solid incriminating evidence that we are yet to see, I fear that the circumstantial evidence presented thus far is insufficient for a guilty verdict.
Media sources will often rush to judgment for the sake of ratings. Many of Casey's Photobucket icons and social media-site pictures should, IMO, be inadmissible in court. As repugnant as I find her behavior as it has been reported, her personal life is really none of my business. Her partying, peeing and puking are her own business, and I was certainly not an angel myself at her age; Nor am I now. All that is pertinent from a legal standpoint are the facts, regardless of what "my gut" tells me.
Yes, my gut tells me that she did this, or was very deeply involved. She was Caylee's mother, supposed to be her guardian and champion, and therefore is by no means innocent. Unfortunately, whether or not she is Guilty of murder remains unclear.
SMART POST :clap::clap:

I agree with every one here. If she is found not guilty, I really feel that the family and especially KC will be in great danger from public violence. Just remembering the scene outside of the Anthony house earlier this year, I truly feel something horrible will happen. Even OJ Simpson was not as hated as she is, IMO. Because of little Caylee's age, it will be bad. Please do not think that I in any way advocate this, I just think that is the way it will be.
UNLESS they do uncover something that puts the blame on someone else, It is very possible that the public will act out.
But at least we are turning every stone to find the answers.
At least not everybody is pointing at Casey ONLY, Justice can not come from taking only the easy way.

I think that there is a greater possibility that Casey will be found not guilty now that the DP is on the table. As much as JB makes my skin crawl, he does have a point when he states that death is an irrevocable sentence. Unless there is some solid incriminating evidence that we are yet to see, I fear that the circumstantial evidence presented thus far is insufficient for a guilty verdict.
Media sources will often rush to judgment for the sake of ratings. Many of Casey's Photobucket icons and social media-site pictures should, IMO, be inadmissible in court.
As repugnant as I find her behavior as it has been reported, her personal life is really none of my business. Her partying, peeing and puking are her own business, and I was certainly not an angel myself at her age; Nor am I now. All that is pertinent from a legal standpoint are the facts, regardless of what "my gut" tells me.
Yes, my gut tells me that she did this, or was very deeply involved. She was Caylee's mother, supposed to be her guardian and champion, and therefore is by no means innocent. Unfortunately, whether or not she is Guilty of murder remains unclear.

ITA....BUT, IMO....since JB brought up the "coping" thing, which, by the way is even "junkier" science, her prior partying DOES come into play, just for the fact that it was her life BEFORE Caylee went missing....even before she was born. It didn't just happen to manifest after Caylee's disappearance. Her life went on as usual....didn't even bat an eye.
IMO, the defense HAD a somewhat good shot at keeping her "personal life" inadmissable in court that would fly, except for the fact they brought up this latest in a long list of bizarre excuses for the truth.
Again....JMO

ITA about the icons, though.

ETA : As far as the "not guilty" verdict....public outrage....vigilante justice....followed by diminished interest, maybe a newspaper update now and then.
As we keep using as an example....look at OJ....he HAD a not so bad life years after the not guilty verdict....until now.

Bolded by me...Don't forget about the check charges. She will be sitting in jail for a while.

Let's say she hear's those words "not guilty", she won't be walking out the door right then and there. She will be brought back to her cell pending other charges. She may make it out on bail until she gets convicted of those charges but she will doing some time regardless.

I think but I am not sure that you must press charges to lock someone up on theft. :waitasec:
if someone will press charges on the checks that is the only way they may arrest her for that.
I assume her parent will not press charges.
And I assume that what she took from Amy is petty larceny, not grand larceny so I doubt that there is jail time on the check issue.
But I think there may be jail time on NEGLECT of the child.

I am glad to see this thread. As much as I hate to say it, I really do think there is a very good chance that she may get off. And if she is found guilty, there is an even greater possibility that she will win on her appeals. I think the public will be outraged at first, and after a while, life will go back to whatever is normal for her and the family. The only difference I would anticipate is that she may be a very wealthy lady after all is said and done. There will be book deals,movie deals,,,etc. And she will latch onto all of them. I truly hope I am wrong, but I think the worse eveidence they have on her is that she did not report her missing for 31 days.. I pray that le is holding a lot of things back, because I believe if they go to court, with only what we have seen so far, that she me be free to roam. Don't get me wrong, I think LE has done everything they could, and I believe she is guilty, but I don't think they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think the jury is still out on how guilty she may be.
I still think there are some very dark type people involved.
I pray that somebody will get found out. I just do not want to point ONLY at Casey yet....And yes I too have pointed at her because so much is pointing in her direction. But I ALSO believe that she is dumb enough to be set up.
NOT VOTING YET!!!!

I think but I am not sure that you must press charges to lock someone up on theft. :waitasec:
if someone will press charges on the checks that is the only way they may arrest her for that.
And I assume that what she took from Amy is petty larceny, not grand larceny so I doubt that there is jail time on the check issue.

Maybe the obstruction of justice or lying to LE will get her some more time, as well??

ITA....BUT, IMO....since JB brought up the "coping" thing, which, by the way is even "junkier" science, her prior partying DOES come into play, just for the fact that it was her life BEFORE Caylee went missing....even before she was born. It didn't just happen to manifest after Caylee's disappearance. Her life went on as usual....didn't even bat an eye.
IMO, the defense HAD a somewhat good shot at keeping her "personal life" inadmissable in court that would fly, except for the fact they brought up this latest in a long list of bizarre excuses for the truth.
Again....JMO

ITA about the icons, though.

ETA : As far as the "not guilty" verdict....public outrage....vigilante justice....followed by diminished interest, maybe a newspaper update now and then.
As we keep using as an example....look at OJ....he HAD a not so bad life years after the not guilty verdict....until now.
(bold above by me)

Karla Homolka. Proud mommy in the Antilles.

She has fraud, grand theft 3rd degree, forging a check (5 counts), uttering a forged check (2 counts), Fraud. Use Of Personal Ident. Information (3 counts), first degree murder, aggrevated child abuse, Aggravated Manslaughter Of A Child, Obstruct Criminal Invest-False Info To Leo (4 counts)....She's going down for something

I pray that somebody will get found out. I just do not want to point ONLY at Casey yet....And yes I too have pointed at her because so much is pointing in her direction. But I ALSO believe that she is dumb enough to be set up.
NOT VOTING YET!!!!

I don't think Casey is the type to take the fall for anyone! What are they going to say? "The people who took Trenton Duckett, took her"?

Remember the little guy who was kidnapped in Vegas by the drug dealers that were after his grandpa? LE was able to force the little guy to be dropped on the streets in that case. I'm sure if Casey is pointing a finger at some "dark people" the FBI would be handling this much differently than they are and local LE would know it.

This case is simple. She didn't report her missing and there was a dead body in her trunk, 1 + 1 = 2. The only question here is what degree, imho.

NOT VOTING YET!!!!

*my bold.
songline, i've seen you post about dark and shady people being involved a few times. who are you talking about?
sorry if this is a bit OT, i've never found a thread where it wouldn't be OT to ask you.

Did anyone watch Geraldo last night? They sure seemed to think there would be a plea in this case. Also, it was discussed that even though the FBI did not test for chloroform, it was sent to another lab for testing. Maybe if there is a plea there will not be a guilty or not guilty verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member