Ramifications of a Not Guilty Verdict in Casey Anthony Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke about this topic in the latest doc dump post and glad to see the mods left it up here as a new topic of discussion. Whatever happens in this case, all of the Anthonys have made their bed and they will have to live with the consequences, bad or good for the rest of their lives. With the death penalty being reinstated in KC's case surely the prosecution must have a very good and valid reason for getting it brought back. We definately don't know all the facts as I am sure Baez is also holding back facts from the prosecution. Now Baez has come up with that ridiculous bullshyte he calls " ugly Coping!!!!" as a strategy to get KC off the hook.
I thought Baez is suppose to be demoted to 2nd chair since the prosecutors brought back the death penalty. The more he yaps the more he sounds and looks ridiculous. He must have his law students working overtime trying to come up with legal yet bogus reasons to save clients from the death penalty. " Ugly Coping!" I thought I had heard it all but this one takes the cake!

I dont see this as even a remote possibility . KC is no OJ in any way.
She is guilty and SA is going to prove it beyond any doubt . We arent going to see
the most damming evidence until trial.
The shows and the internet will go on as before . In a few years KC will be mostly forgotten and some other wingnut will be grabbing the headlines .

To me the scariest ramifications of a not-guilty verdict are that KC will undoubtedly get pregnant again ASAP, and since she now fully understands the vast, unlimited power over CA that a new baby will give her, KC will use it mercilessly from the day she gets pregnant. Furthermore, KC will have learned that she can commit murder and get away with it, and the A's have acquired valuable new knowledge, too about what not to do when a child of KC's dies. As a result, when KC kills her next baby in a fit of pique or retaliation, the A's won't make the same mistakes they made over Caylee. There won't be any 911 calls next time.

Even if the dp is on the table I am of the understanding that she can also be found guilty of lesser murder charges as well.

I believe the dp was thrown onto the table late in the game because LE / prosecution received back evidence that pointed even further to the culpability of KC. I do not propose to even know 1/2 the evidence in this case and what I know of, it is a very strong case.

I'm certain beyond any case I've ever seen that this girl is going down for some level of murder.

I would vote for the DP but as my 12 yr old pointed out that KC should receive life in prison instead because she's so young and it would be harder to live a very long life behind bars. "Besides mom, she'll still have to die and face God about murdering her daughter. She can't run away from that."

Smart girl. Life sentence may be a lot harder on her.

I just thought of one more ramification--once she is out, KC will demand an accounting from her parents of every dime they received relative to Caylee's disappearance. She will hire an attorney to sue her parents for all sorts of inventive reasons, including their failure to adhere to her wishes re Caylee's remains and memorial.

In addition to becoming very rich from her own media deals, KC will sue her parents for every dime they've received since Caylee's disappearance. IMO

Unfortunately, I see it as a real possibility. No, if it happens, there will be no justice for Caylee. :banghead:

But, KC won't be the first or the last person to get away with murder.

I don't see the Anthonys welcoming her back with open arms, however.

In five years, CA and GA will be living somewhere else under new names and KC will be living on the street. My opinion, only.

I think you may be right.

I think if the As managed to get her off, that would be the end of her, in the family.

Even if the dp is on the table I am of the understanding that she can also be found guilty of lesser murder charges as well.

I believe the dp was thrown onto the table late in the game because LE / prosecution received back evidence that pointed even further to the culpability of KC. I do not propose to even know 1/2 the evidence in this case and what I know of, it is a very strong case.

I'm certain beyond any case I've ever seen that this girl is going down for some level of murder.

I would vote for the DP but as my 12 yr old pointed out that KC should receive life in prison instead because she's so young and it would be harder to live a very long life behind bars. "Besides mom, she'll still have to die and face God about murdering her daughter. She can't run away from that."

Smart girl. Life sentence may be a lot harder on her.

Except "life" averages nine years." Life w/o parole?

But, I think KC, being a sociopath, might adjust well to prison. She'd fleece pen pals for money.

She is guilty and SA is going to prove it beyond any doubt . We arent going to see
The shows and the internet will go on as before . In a few years KC will be mostly forgotten and some other wingnut will be grabbing the headlines .

Yep!

OJ wasn't a mother who killed her two-year old. I he had killed a baby, he would've been fried, even as crazy as the Los Angels courts are.

Melik isn't Furman.

OJs lawyers were all show boats, but they were SMART show boats, too.

Also, my guess is that FL judges usually don't go camera-mad like Ito did.

My guess is also that FL doesn't go hog wild over "celebs" either. OJ's latest trial is a case in point.

I don't think Casey is the type to take the fall for anyone! What are they going to say? "The people who took Trenton Duckett, took her"?

Remember the little guy who was kidnapped in Vegas by the drug dealers that were after his grandpa? LE was able to force the little guy to be dropped on the streets in that case. I'm sure if Casey is pointing a finger at some "dark people" the FBI would be handling this much differently than they are and local LE would know it.

This case is simple. She didn't report her missing and there was a dead body in her trunk, 1 + 1 = 2. The only question here is what degree, imho.

Agree. If KC was somehow set up (which means, at the VERY least, she overlooked her baby's body in the trunk for days) she'd be singing like a bird to the FBI.

KC is, first and last, going to look out for KC.

Also SHE was the "darkest" person in her crowd.

I think you're right on how things will play out. The only problem I see now is with proving abuse unless not reporting a missing child would constitute it? Since her hair tests came back clean for long term drug exposure and there were no prior child abuse allegations I don't see the abuse angle? If she had been locking her in her trunk while she partied, there would be more hair and DNA from slober and tears, I would think? Unless that is evidence they are holding back on?

It's beginning to look more like a spur of the moment choking or smothering which would fall under 2nd or manslaughter.

But then there's the duct tape around the mouth. If the defense can't prove that anyone else had Caylee then that would leave Casey to be the one that placed it there.....I'm thinking in circles here.

This case 'll do that to ya.

I hope the thing is televised, so we can see ALL the evidence.

But, don't forget.. they have that death band hair, and Caylee's decomposed DNA. That and the lack of reporting for 31 days ought to be enough, right there.

She has fraud, grand theft 3rd degree, forging a check (5 counts), uttering a forged check (2 counts), Fraud. Use Of Personal Ident. Information (3 counts), first degree murder, aggrevated child abuse, Aggravated Manslaughter Of A Child, Obstruct Criminal Invest-False Info To Leo (4 counts)....She's going down for something

She'll almost certainly go down for the death of Caylee. At what level I'm not certain. I doubt she'll get the DP, but unless she can come up with a better explanation of how her daughter got dead, bagged and thrown in a swamp than she has up until this point, she'll do 30 years.

Bolded by me...Don't forget about the check charges. She will be sitting in jail for a while.

Let's say she hear's those words "not guilty", she won't be walking out the door right then and there. She will be brought back to her cell pending other charges. She may make it out on bail until she gets convicted of those charges but she will doing some time regardless.

At least murder 2.

*my bold.
songline, i've seen you post about dark and shady people being involved a few times. who are you talking about?
sorry if this is a bit OT, i've never found a thread where it wouldn't be OT to ask you.
Good question, and why would she still be protecting them if they'd murdered her daughter?

I sooo agree with your statement. I feel she will be convicted. If not the DP,
I'm sure they will have other charges if they don't have further evidence for
the DP. I have to wonder if Casey is going to be comfortable though sitting in
cell for 1 or 2 years waiting for trial since she seems to be convinced that
this will blow over and she will walk. Will she push JB to speed it up?
Remember her video, she wants so badly to be back home with George and
Cindy. ugh!

She TOLD her parents she wants badly to be back home with them, anyway.

She no doubt wishes she was out. But, also sociopaths tend to do well in prison.

UNLESS they do uncover something that puts the blame on someone else, It is very possible that the public will act out.
But at least we are turning every stone to find the answers.
At least not everybody is pointing at Casey ONLY, Justice can not come from taking only the easy way.

Well, there's no evidence implicating anyone else. Just KC.

ITA....BUT, IMO....since JB brought up the "coping" thing, which, by the way is even "junkier" science, her prior partying DOES come into play, just for the fact that it was her life BEFORE Caylee went missing....even before she was born. It didn't just happen to manifest after Caylee's disappearance. Her life went on as usual....didn't even bat an eye.
IMO, the defense HAD a somewhat good shot at keeping her "personal life" inadmissable in court that would fly, except for the fact they brought up this latest in a long list of bizarre excuses for the truth.
Again....JMO

ITA about the icons, though.

ETA : As far as the "not guilty" verdict....public outrage....vigilante justice....followed by diminished interest, maybe a newspaper update now and then.
As we keep using as an example....look at OJ....he HAD a not so bad life years after the not guilty verdict....until now.

Defense coins phony psych "syndromes" ALL the time. I once got tossed off a jury for pointing out that "Urban Stress Syndrome" was NOT found on the DSM. Thus, it was "made up."

(The State, BTW, laughed his azz off!)

Did anyone watch Geraldo last night? They sure seemed to think there would be a plea in this case. Also, it was discussed that even though the FBI did not test for chloroform, it was sent to another lab for testing. Maybe if there is a plea there will not be a guilty or not guilty verdict.

Geraldo got too far away from his bar exam, IMHO.

I agree! The state is withholding the most damning evidence until trial. There's much that hasn't been released under the Sunshine Law. What about that stain in the trunk of the car? What about the papers retrieved from the attic of the Anthony home? Are they the missing diary pages?

I think the latest document dump was discouraging as it didn't have any of the conclusive evidence that we all expected. That doesn't mean that the state doesn't have a solid case. It just means the state is shedding some of the documentation that it doesn't deem crucial to their case. They aren't giving the defense the "smoking gun" material in advance of the trial.

The only way I see her being found NG is if there is something seriously wrong with the jurors b/c the case and evidence against her is just too strong. There is no way 12 people will find her not guilty, the best she might get is a hung jury which will most likely result in a retrial. BUT remember this will be a DP case with a DP qualified jury. These types of juries are way more likely to convict, as they did with SP who had way less evidence against him. From what I remember OJ's jury was not DP qualified. If they had been maybe we would have seen a different outcome (as well as if the races of the jurors didn't favor OJs during the midst of racial riots and tension). Also JB is definitely NO Cochran. He has to be one of the worst criminal attorneys on the planet and the day he is able to get KC Anthony off is the day pigs will fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member