Raven Interview

To me, it seems that Raven lies about things that are so insignificant, that it is not even worth uttering, and as you listen and the things you know about the case, you know it's a lie and you know he's not telling the truth, it makes you go why would he lie about that! For me, it's like he's struggling to remember what he told other's.

He said I didn't mean to make religion come in the way of the relationship, for what purpose was this statement? Janet was more into religion. Janet had nothing to fear in Church. She did not lie, she did not commit adultery, she did not steal, it was all Raven, he had a fear and didn't want to face up to these things he did.

It seems to me that he is trying to make Janet look bad, as though she didn't want religion in her life, like having people over from Church or meetings was bothering her, when it is not true. Sometimes he talks Janet up, when he talks about her looks or sports, but it seems as though, to me, he really wants the word out there she wasn't religious or a good Mormon and I wonder for what reasons?

Why would he do that, when it is just not true. Why does it seem as though he's using the Church and religion to make himself look good, it's almost too obvious, especially after what we know about him.

Also knowing that its been stated several times that he was committing adultery at the time of the murder along with being under indictment for embezzlement at the time of the murder, and it's been confirmed he told people he served a mission when we find out he clearly never served a mission. We also have information that he started dating immediately after he returned home to Utah, and has actually gone through a lot of women since the murder, not to mention that there is talk that he may have stolen at not one but two other jobs since the murder. It makes me feel almost ill when he starts talking about The Heavenly Father, because it seems false to me.

Also in the 2nd installment he talked about Janet becoming pregnant with Kaiden, as thought they were together, but according to the other interview, it seems Janet's good friend Cathy stated that Janet did not tell Raven she was pregnant and that she spent quite a bit of her pregnancy (wasn't it about 5-6 months) pregnant and ALONE before Janet told Raven because he had an affair on her and he left her!

During the interview with Cathy, she also stated that she said out loud, why did he have to kill her, and she automatically believed it was Raven that killed her. Why? I wish I could see the entire video clip of Cathy and even Janet's sister Erika, because I'd like to see what we missed in there.

He said during the interview when we were in the crib. I don't quite get that. I feel like he's struggling to think of what he said in the past, and is discombobulating things and struggling to remember what he told whom about that day.

Amazing...Is one of those words i may decide to take out of my vocabulary because when guys like Scott Peterson and Raven Abaroa use it, it just creeps me out.

I see him crying real tears, I agree they are real tears, he's really good, I've heard it said by people that know him, but then again sociopaths can cry and show emotion. Maybe he used the not getting of the $500K yet as his inspiration to cry.

Maybe I just know too much about Raven and know the things he's done before during and after the murder that I can't see anything good about him because I believe he premeditated and carried out the murder of Janet & her unborn child.

A quick note to Raven: You stated that you will be married to Janet for all eternity, but Rave, you and I both know that was rescinded on April 26, 2005.

A quick note to Raven: You stated that you will be married to Janet for all eternity, but Rave, you and I both know that was rescinded on April 26, 2005.

Or long before that... you know... when he was sleeping around and all that.

Rave, the story re: Janet's sister who passed, her name is Gaynelle, not Gaylynn:doh: I'm not even related to the family and I know her name. Janet would have been 2 years old when Gaynelle got cancer. She died within 6 months. Your versions have a slight hint of truth and that's where it seems to end, it ends up taking up a life of its own and moving on from there to a whole new Ravenality.

Question for those that knew Janet: Story about the birth of Kaiden....can anyone really truly confirm that story about the umbilical cord wrapped around Kaidens neck? I'm hearing that this did not happen, what are other's hearing?

Rave, the story re: Janet's sister who passed, her name is Gaynelle, not Gaylynn:doh: I'm not even related to the family and I know her name. Janet would have been 2 years old when Gaynelle got cancer. She died within 6 months. Your versions have a slight hint of truth and that's where it seems to end, it ends up taking up a life of its own and moving on from there to a whole new Ravenality.

Question for those that knew Janet: Story about the birth of Kaiden....can anyone really truly confirm that story about the umbilical cord wrapped around Kaidens neck? I'm hearing that this did not happen, what are other's hearing?
IMO, his relating this story did not make any sense that Janet rolled over & that "suffocated the baby" or something...and that the nurses freaked out and then it was fine. It sounded as though he had no idea what he was talking about. He probably had no idea what he was talking about!

That part of the interview is very interesting to me because as far as I know, that isn't even possible, is it? To roll over and "suffocate" the baby? Maybe it is, I don't know. Maybe it has to do with how low the baby has "dropped". In any case, I know that during my deliveries and those of my friends, heart monitors are strapped around the belly and sometimes if you roll over, the heart monitor shifts and "loses" the baby's heartbeat. Alarms will sound, the nurses WILL indeed come in right away but I'm sure that most often, it's simply a case of the monitor slipping off (like it did in all of my delieveries). IMO, the nurses probably wouldn't run into the room freaking out because they're used to this happening and are trained to deal with it even if it IS a true emergency.

So what I find interesting is seeing how he fills in the blanks of that story, knowing that what he's saying is most likely not true. I like to see how well he thinks on his feet in a situation where he's making it up as he goes along, what his eyes are doing at the time, what his hands are doing at the time, whether or not he stutters and stammers, etc.

I can't recall ... was anyone in the delivery room other than Janet, Raven & the medical staff that would have been able to relay the experience to others immediately after the birth? Or do we simply have to believe Raven or not on his recollections?

I can't recall ... was anyone in the delivery room other than Janet, Raven & the medical staff that would have been able to relay the experience to others immediately after the birth? Or do we simply have to believe Raven or not on his recollections?
Are you able to view the memorial video of Janet? It seems Raven had a video camera in the room with him and Janet. No one else was present there, but you see Kaiden being placed on Janet, still "new". If something as serious as he tells the interviewer happened. "A cord around Kaiden's neck several times" "Kaiden blue and not breathing" I would think that the delivery room would have been a very different place. The doctors and nurses would have gone into full mode to save that baby and that video camera would have been required to be put aside.

If something as serious as he tells the interviewer happened. "A cord around Kaiden's neck several times" "Kaiden blue and not breathing" I would think that the delivery room would have been a very different place. The doctors and nurses would have gone into full mode to save that baby and that video camera would have been required to be put aside.
Absolutely. In fact, the cord being around the neck is apparently not that uncommon - happens nearly 30% of the time from what I've read. In that case, the doctor certainly would not let anyone else cut the cord (for obvious reasons) but it's really just standard procedure in most cases.

You're absolutely right - the video that was taken right after Kaiden's birth certainly doesn't show a delivery room with any emergent issues, (at least not at the point that the video was taken).

So who's reality does he keep borrowing?

I have heard from several sources that there was no cord wrapped around Kaiden's neck.

Janet was more into vehicles than he was? What the heck is he talking about?

He is quite the actor and really good at making up little stories to fill in gaps, where does he come up with these stories? How can he sit there, lie and cry when so many people know these things he is saying are patently untrue.

It shows me that he can lie and not even feel a smidgen of guilt that he's sitting there bald face lying, when people know it's a lie and he honestly believes he will get away it.

Raven, I believe Janet knew she was pregnant and you knew she was pregnant too, so to see you blubber about Kaiden's brother or sister that Janet was carrying makes me ill.

Are you upset that Heavenly Father did not step in and stop you from asserting your free agency when you did what you did on April 26, 2005? You will not be married for eternity because of that day. I feel as though your mentioning free agency in this way is like you trying to justify the murder of Janet.

You are a control freak Raven, you controlled where the laundry went, what Janet wore, what Janet did, who she talked to, what she did, and you are even controlling and making up your own reality of that day. You took away Janet's free agency that day.

I find it interesting you constantly state things like Janet died, Janet was murdered, she did not simply pass away, her life was taken from her!

You can't remember what you ate for dinner that night, but the story about the laundry seems like it has a hint of truth, with a lot of embellishments. Your last moments with her before you left for soccer rings of something you dreamed up, like a lifetime movie moment that you sat and conjured up.

You've been rehearsing in your head since prior to Janet's murder is what I think you have been doing. You are a planner.

You could afford $55 for this soccer, but couldn't afford your rent, but could afford a $500k insurance policy?

Maybe you should forget electrical work and go into acting, you would make a really good cheesy soap opera actor.

I find it interesting you constantly state things like Janet died, Janet was murdered, she did not simply pass away, her life was taken from her!

I've always found this choice of wording interesting... like he chooses to focus on the fact that she died that night instead of being murdered. As though to take focus away from the violent act and put it on her passing. She is the primary victim of the murder, but by saying "she died," it almost implies that "she left me" or that he is the victim in the matter. To me this is just another example of how EVERYTHING always has to be about him.

Also, it must be hard to say "she was murdered" when you have probably convinced yourself that even though you murdered her, she somehow made you do it. That's how narcissists think - she forced me to do it. Just like a domestic violence perpetrator saying "Why do you make me hit you!?" Same thing in my opinion.

Unedited interview Part IV:

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/video/2116142/

In this one, his emotions are MUCH less believeable. It seems that he pauses to try to squeeze out tears and to make his voice squeak. I was actually embarassed for him while watching it ... honestly.

There's a part where he's talking about why he doesn't talk about what happened to her and part of what he says is ... "I have so many good memories with her that I hate thinking about the bad times ..." That struck me as very weird. He does go on and seems to find words but that statement almost seemed like a slip. Almost like he's referring to that night as one of the bad times between the two of them.

Prior to that, he's talking about how he wasn't home that night and he talks about coming into the house and when he first realized that something was wrong and it sounds like he says ... "That's when I found out that something wasn't wrong." He may have said that something went wrong but I just can't tell. It seems as if he realizes his mistake immediately and that's when some of the uncomfortable, seemingly fake emotions begin to appear.

I have so much more on my mind about this segment but I can't pinpoint things just yet.

I believe he also said wasn't wrong.

That was also shown in the NCWanted special on Janet.

For myself I felt as though he seemed to be winging things as he is known to do and making things up as he goes, but then I thought perhaps it was him mentally realizing mistakes he did make.

When we go back to the wedding rings sitting there, could he have had a memory of that mistake, how he forgot to take them and get rid of them to try to make it look like a break-in?

I find the end of the 911 call very eerie because it's as though I felt his mind was spinning and mentally going over things to make sure he has his story straight and as though he needed a break from the 911 call and he needed to get his bearings to get through the next act.

If the entire tape is listened to over and over again, you will hear a lot of mistakes like that - wasn't wrong - he takes a word and states it opposite of what he meant to say, often. The video's are in the process of being transcribed. We can go through them and point them all out.

I have found so many things he says then he says something different later in the video.

Sometimes I felt that he was mentally going through things he has told people in the past and had to find a way to work it into this program, stories he told other's and he has to get them public to prove up to someone (maybe someone at home?)

Sometimes I felt as though he was using things we talked about at Websleuths to bring up during the interview. For example: Free Will.

I felt as though this entire discussion was discombobulated and I felt another weird subconscious admission of guilt. Like Heavenly Father failed him and didn't make him a better person, and to heck with free agency because the Lord should have stopped him from doing it.

He is a planner. He rehearses. I am sure he has read everything there is to read on polygraphs and how to beat them, interviews and how to get away with lying, I think he planned Janet's murder and made some mistakes but mistakes that are CE mistakes and not smoking gun mistakes. He even admits that he practiced for this interview. He admits to controlling how his clothes are folded, he is also touched with OCD when it comes to the way he believes things should be done.

He seems to be almost grinning several times throughout this interview.

I believe he admits he knew Janet was pregnant. I believe Janet knew she was pregnant. He states that we thought we were pregnant in March but weren't. He also stated a previous time she was on her knees as if in cramps. I believe it was a calculated comment to throw off that he knew she was pregnant.

I see his facade of normalcy melting away as time goes by and so many inconsistencies and I see the controlling person coming out.

On one hand he seems to be talk about Janet as a possession, her beauty, her smarts and on the other hand he seems to do what he can to make her seem like a bad Mormon, as though she was the one that did not care for religion, she was the one struggling with faith. If we go back and remember he was the one that left her, the one that had affairs, the one that was a thief, the one that lied to her and to other people, the one that conned people.

I believe that friends and family on both sides that watch this video and if they were honest could actually look and say why is he lying about that? Why would he even bring that up?

I also feel that he seems to be hinting that someone at Eurosports did it to get back at him for his thieving ways. What else did he do wrong besides that? Or is he hinting that perhaps one of the girls he cheated on Janet did it? I don't quite get it.

There is also more things I see, but it's great other's are seeing some of the things I'm seeing.

I also feel that he seems to be hinting that someone at Eurosports did it to get back at him for his thieving ways. What else did he do wrong besides that? Or is he hinting that perhaps one of the girls he cheated on Janet did it? I don't quite get it....

To me that is one of the most peculiar things. He talks for several minutes even about how he wonders if it was someone trying to get back at him for something, etc. I mean COME ON.

Ok, you betrayed the trust of your co-workers at ES by stealing. You've implied that perhaps someone was jealous that you were hired directly into a pseudo-management position.

I don't know, maybe I'm naive, but to think that someone would come and break in your house, steal your laptop, then murder your wife (who in fact was well liked and regarded by HER co-workers at ES) all because of YOU and YOUR ACTIONS? Just seems extreme to me somehow.

SES,

I believe he has hinted to people that he believes someone at ES may have done it to get back at him.

Everyone at ES knew that he was a cheater and an embezzler. He had a few friends there, but Janet was very loved there. Everyone at EuroSports would have known that HURTING Janet would not hurt Raven.

If someone wanted to hurt Raven, the way to do it would have been by torching his VX or by testifying at trial.

I also believe there is something to be said about perhaps in Janet being out of the picture he could somehow get out of the embezzlement proceedings against him.

Did he think he could blame the embezzlement on Janet with her out of the way?

Did he think that perhaps that the Judge or even Eurosports would stop any sort of proceedings against him since Janet was murdered?

Did he want to get back at ES for their continued love of Janet and support of Janet even though he was in trouble for embezzling from there?

So far I heard him talk about mistakes or having rough spots, but he never admitted on tape to what those mistakes were.

I waited for him to admit to the affairs in the past...he doesn't.

He does not admit to the embezzlement, and he skims past it by dummying down the reasons, rough patches, mistakes I made, not being perfect, etc.

He was having affairs at the time of the murder. So many people know this, yet he did not admit to the previous ones, so why should he admit to having them at the time of the murder?

He talks about being a good Dad, husband yet he told people his wife committed suicide! Why would he tell people that? For what purpose?

Sometimes I felt that he was mentally going through things he has told people in the past and had to find a way to work it into this program, stories he told other's and he has to get them public to prove up to someone (maybe someone at home?)

Sometimes I felt as though he was using things we talked about at Websleuths to bring up during the interview.
I found it interesting that he went into detail with some of the things that he did, like about taking the car to the shop for instance. He actually told in that interview why the car was allegedly in the shop - to get the tire changed. I couldn't help but wonder if he was answering WS'ers on that one.

I find the end of the 911 call very eerie because it's as though I felt his mind was spinning and mentally going over things to make sure he has his story straight and as though he needed a break from the 911 call and he needed to get his bearings to get through the next act.
What I suspected when hearing that part of the 911 call is that he was trying to play out a range of emotions that he believes a real human would convey and that was the shocked silent part. I believe that we see something similar occur when he makes that mistake in the video and then goes quiet, fake weeps, and says "I wasn't there". Again, it's like he's acting out a dramatic scene that he witnessed in a movie.

I found it interesting that he went into detail with some of the things that he did, like about taking the car to the shop for instance. He actually told in that interview why the car was allegedly in the shop - to get the tire changed. I couldn't help but wonder if he was answering WS'ers on that one.

I believe there was quite a bit aimed at Websleuthers.

I believe also that he is juggling stories that he has told female love interests (Mommy Candidates) about that time.

I believe he has told so many different stories to different people and he's trying to cover so many bases that's why some of these stories are so out there.

I really truly do not believe the umbilical cord story, and that may be a story he heard from someone else or a story he told someone for sympathy and he thinks nobody will call him on it.

I find it interesting that he seems to bring up Janet's family in some weird ways. He made a comment like Janet's family, his friends, his family and then his attorney told him not to take a polygraph.

I believe some things are aimed to intimidate people. Who's going to come forward and say.....No we did not!

Why would he mention Janet's family first? I have to re listen to the footage but he seems to act as though Janet's family or his family supports him 100%. Maybe they do, but I have not seen a public report from any of them stating they do not believe he had anything to do with it.

They have been very quiet about him and separated from him in all news reports. I also don't see any friends or family members of either supporting him either publicly.

I'm going to paint a scenerio here...

Let's say you are one of Janet's or Raven's relatives. You know he's a sociopath and you believe 100% that he committed the murder of Janet and her unborn child. You have no more proof than LE does. Do you come out and state it publicly?

He's not arrested, he was not named publicly the person of interest, he has custody of Kaiden. He is the one that holds Janet's precious child life in his hands? This guy is a thief, a liar, a con artist, and you believe a murderer.

What do you do?

If Raven or Janet was my relative....what are my options? If I publicly out him will he hurt me? Will he hurt my child or children? Will he hurt Kaiden or keep Kaiden from me?

If you were Raven or Janet's relative or friend and knew he lied, would you be able to come forward publicly and state he's lying or would you be afraid for your life?

These are things that are running through my head as I watched these video's, and I myself watch him lie. I know things that he said are completely false, I've heard different stories from different people.

I have no problem saying IMO I believe that he is a murderer, I believe he premeditated the murder of Janet and his unborn child and I believe he knew that Janet was pregnant. Other's that deal with him, I could see being very afraid.

I can't imagine what it would be like being Janet or Raven's relative and watching the interview and knowing all the lies in there and still having to deal with him, and being afraid to out him for these lies.

I have watched my tape of show several times, I definitely think he said "WASN"T" and realized the slip and got flustered. I reminded me so much of when Scott Peterson said Laci "was" amazing" caught the slip and then proceeded to blubber. I honestly think he was crying because he knew that he had screwed up, maybe same thing with Raven as one of you mentioned. JMO, I so enjoy reading all of your remarks and thoughts about the interview! Hope you don't mind that I butt in every once in a while! Boo

I have watched my tape of show several times, I definitely think he said "WASN"T" and realized the slip and got flustered. I reminded me so much of when Scott Peterson said Laci "was" amazing" caught the slip and then proceeded to blubber. I honestly think he was crying because he knew that he had screwed up, maybe same thing with Raven as one of you mentioned. JMO, I so enjoy reading all of your remarks and thoughts about the interview! Hope you don't mind that I butt in every once in a while! Boo

If you watch the video's again you will notice Raven says Amazing in regards to Janet....that creeps me out, I don't know if I will ever be able to use the words "amazing" in regards to another person and feel clean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back