Raven Interview

We need to get him stopped, that's for sure

I am going to go over these interviews again and maybe others want to also and start dissecting the truth vs. Raven.

This guy is a menace to society and he lies on a dime and maybe we can start working on something to mail to Tracey Cline!

..i would love to help going over the interviews/911 call but neither of those links work for me anymore.if someone has saved the original and could re-post it i would appreciate it.

..dissecting the truth vs. raven ??? now that i could do without transcripts---------truth 99% ...raven 1% -----and that's only b/c he gave the home address and his name truthfully on the 911 call.

..i just can't recall--------were the other soccer players that night interviewed? did they say that raven was totally "normal" ? did raven play well ? or did he appear to be "a million miles away"--staring off into the distance---his focus NOT on the soccer game at all ?

..had he arrived after just killing his wife-------( which i believe to be true ) i think he would have appeared to be so hyped up-------as if he had just downed 20 cups of coffee! CERTAINLY not coherent enough to actively play a soccer game/have a "normal" conversation with anyone.

..unless--------( as i've read in the K.A. forum ) ---he's such a pathological liar/person, that YES, murdered his wife, but went on to the soccer game as if nothing were unusual. acting the same as ever ( perhaps mildly annoyed that he would have to go home after and "deal" with the dead body------and clean up the blood off of the floor.)

..had he arrived after just killing his wife-------( which i believe to be true ) i think he would have appeared to be so hyped up-------as if he had just downed 20 cups of coffee! CERTAINLY not coherent enough to actively play a soccer game/have a "normal" conversation with anyone.
I agree that that's how a "normal" person might react. But like you said, if he is truly a sociopath, the emotion might have been completely absent from the crime. In his mind, there may have been no love lost, just an obstacle taken out of his way.

I seem to recall mentions of Raven's typical personality ... wasn't he pretty manic on a regular basis? If he showed up at the game all wound up, would that differ from the usual Raven?

I think Raven may have attempted to act more subdue, less violent, less hyper. The problem with Raven is he has to "try" to act and he "tries" to show emotions or tries to act innocent. Nobody should have to act, or attempt to try to show emotions the way a normal person would. It should always come normally. It really seems like Raven has to plan his emotions.

He rehearsed the interview, what questions he thought would be asked, he basically came out and admitted that in the interview that he prepared ahead for it. How do you prepare for an interview. Facts are facts, feelings are suppose to be genuine. The preparation of his interview is a window into his mind.

Raven is the type of person that would plant seeds also. I would love to see the interview of the soccer players. Did he plant seeds that he was worried about anything? Did he plant seeds with anyone, coworkers, mutual friends, church friends that Janet was depressed? Did he try to plant seeds with his friends that Janet is having issues? Did he try to plant seeds that perhaps Janet was being unfaithful? Did he try to plant seeds that perhaps Janet was actually involved in the embezzlement?

We know he tried to plant a seed of his changing ways and his self-reflection the day before the murder by his "If I were a bird." That in itself shows premeditation IMO.

I think Raven is the type that would plant seeds that Janet and him were the perfect couple, that he loved her immensely and that there were NO problems, on the other hand, I think he would interject seeds of depression, seeds that he is worried about their personal safety. I think he would have planted so many different seeds and different scenerio's as possible prior to and after Janet's murder.

Raven is big on putting the blame on others and he's good at turning things around and taking statements and words and switching it up to look like the victim. His life flashed before his eyes.....he was not dying, Janet was dead, life flashing before your eyes is something that usually happens when you are in Immediate Danger. People say that after a harrowing experience when they could have died. He had no fear of his personal safety nor Kaiden's when he found Janet.

IMO he knew he did it, he knew no boogymen were in that home, and he had to act the way he thought he needed to act. He acted his way through that entire video and the entire 911 call.

I agree that that's how a "normal" person might react. But like you said, if he is truly a sociopath, the emotion might have been completely absent from the crime. In his mind, there may have been no love lost, just an obstacle taken out of his way.

I seem to recall mentions of Raven's typical personality ... wasn't he pretty manic on a regular basis? If he showed up at the game all wound up, would that differ from the usual Raven?

You are very correct on Raven's typical personality. When he plays soccer he's usually so hyped up and zoned into the game and his play style is extremely manic and rough.

From what I know the place he usually plays has permanently banned him for playing. He still does his pick up groups though but not at the place he usually plays. Reason is too many yellow & red cards (explanation below)

I would actually be more interested in if he showed up the soccer game acting more "subdue" than usual because that would be more typical of the sociopath because he would be trying to act as though nothing is wrong because he can't seem to figure out how to be normal, so everything is an act.

Explanation regarding Red Card & Yellow cards please see the following:

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]There are 2 colors of "cards" which the referee will hold up to indicate serious fouls or behavior which won't be tolerated. He carries these cards in his shirt pocket, so if he reaches for his pocket it's a bad sign for the player who committed the foul. These cards are about the size of a playing card and one is yellow and the other is red. When a card is to be given (it isn't actually given to the offending player, it is actually just shown to him and to everyone else) the referee will stop the game, call the player over, hold up the card and write the player's name in his notebook. This is called "booking" the player and when it happens the player has been "booked", (e.g., "she was booked"). Any time a Yellow or Red Card is shown, a "direct" or "indirect kick" will also be awarded. (See "Fouls", "Deck" & "Booking").[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica] Yellow Card - Indicates a formal "caution" for any of the following 7 offenses: [/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]
    [*]"unsporting behavior" - this includes hard fouls; holding an opponent or deliberately handling the ball for the purpose of preventing an opponent from gaining possession of the ball; faking an injury; saying things that are designed to confuse or distract an opponent; harassment (such as jumping around, shouting or making gestures to intentionally distract an opponent; jumping in front of a corner kick, free kick or throw-in; worrying the goalkeeper or trying to prevent him from putting the ball into play; & adopting a threatening posture), gaining an unfair advantage by leaning on, climbing on the back of, or holding a teammate or the goal; blatant cases of holding and pulling an opposing player or his uniform; any action designed to deceive the Referee; and behavior which in the Referee's judgment is unsporting or causes an unfair advantage,
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]
    [*]dissent by word or actions,
    [/FONT]
    [*]persistently breaking the rules,
    [/FONT]
    [*]delaying the restart of play,
    [/FONT]
    [*]defenders failing to stay the proper distance away from the kicker on a corner kick, free kick or throw-in (see "Corner Kick" & "Free Kick"),
    [/FONT]
    [*]entering or re-entering the field without the referee's permission
    [/FONT]
    [*]deliberately leaving the field without the referees permission.
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]A player who receives 2 Yellow Cards is given a Red Card & ejected. FIFA rules do not require a player to leave the field for the first yellow card. However, some leagues' rules do. You must go by your league's rules. (See "Yellow Card" & "Worrying The Goalkeeper").[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica] Red Card - A player must be shown a Red Card and "sent off" (i.e., made to leave the field) for the 7 offenses listed below. A player shown a "Red Card" & sent off may not be replaced during that game (i.e., his team must play a player "short" for the rest of the game; however, in some leagues a player may be replaced if he is ejected for receiving a second Yellow Card). The 7 offenses for which a player must be shown a Red Card and sent off are: [/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]
    [*]serious foul play (includes any use of excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball. Examples include a dangerous slide tackle from behind, or an "over the top tackle" in which a player raises his foot so the cleats could hit a player, or a two footed tackle that takes down the opponent. FIFA has broadened this definition by saying that "Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play. For current rules visit www.fifa.com, Laws of the Game. The above quote is from Questions and Answers, Additional Instructions for Referees). The rules now include "Decision 4", which says: "A tackle, which endangers the safety of an opponent, must be sanctioned as serious foul play".
    [/FONT]
    [*]violent conduct,
    [/FONT]
    [*]spitting at anyone,
    [/FONT]
    [*]deliberately touching the ball with a hand in order to prevent a goal or to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity (such as to prevent a "Breakaway".... this does not apply to the goalkeeper within his own Penalty Box)
    [/FONT]
    [*]fouling an opponent to prevent an obvious goal scoring opportunity (e.g., holding to stop a breakaway),
    [/FONT]
    [*]using offensive, insulting or threatening language and/or gestures,
    [/FONT]
    [*]or receiving a second yellow card in one game.
    [/FONT]

NC Wanted

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/video/2045849/

Exclusive: Part 1 Raven Abaroa Unedited (Part A)

Callie: Spell your name for me.

Raven: Raven Abaroa R a v e n A b a r o a

Callie: And, umm, if you want to start out, umm, just telling me a little bit about how you and Janet met, and when.

Raven: Alright. Ah, Janet and I met on August 17 of 2, or 1998. And, we met at Southern Virginia University. Umm, we had to be there two weeks early, we were both playing soccer there, and so umm, I think I got there on a Thursday night and maybe she got there Friday, or something. And, ah, we just met on the campus in the main hall. I had seen her at receiving, at kinda like a introductory tour, and was walking around with her family showing things around and ah, so, some of the friends I was with, you know, were like, I wonder what sport she’s here for because everyone who’s there early was there for a sport, and ah, some of the girls that were with us that we had already met said that she was playing soccer with them and that had already, you know, met her up in the dorms or whatever, and umm, so she wasn’t happy to be at that particular college, she wanted to go somewhere else and umm, her parents said it was that or BYU and that was closet to home so umm, she ended up goin’ there and so she was walking down the hall, she was in the, umm, just the, had that face like she wasn’t happy to be there and so I walked up to here little brother, umm, who was twelve or thirteen or something at the time, and I introduced myself and said welcome to the college and I was just being corny ‘cause I wanted to meet her but she didn’t look like she was in a good mood so I thought I’ll just introduce myself to her brother, and you know, they’re like no, we’re not, I’m not a student here and he pointed to his sister. And so, you know, she smiled at me and thought that was kind of funny. And that was the, the first time we met and what was going through my head ah, ah was that she’s was very pretty and umm, you know, I later on joked around with her when we went out for the first time. I said, you’re the prettiest girl ah, on campus. Umm, and that was humorous because there was only like thirty girls there at the time and so, you know, I wouldn’t go beyond there and then say ok you’re the prettiest girl in Buena Vista and Buena Vista the school, the town where the school is only had like nine thousand people in it and so, you know, I’d always go oh you’re the prettiest girl I’ve met today, whatever you know, it was just kinda funny, but. But she was definitely beautiful and umm you know, when I first, was like man, you know, I want to get to know her, ah, she was, when I had that little encounter with her family she was just getting ready to walk up this big ornate staircase in the main hall of this campus that had been built in the eighteen hundreds, and umm, she had one foot going up the first step and she had her hand kind of resting on the rail and the other hand resting on that hand and looked over at me and just I mean the way the sun was coming out of the big light and shining on her, she looked beautiful, and ah, and that’s, like that’s still engraved, she’s wearing a white shirt and like a khaki pants or skirt and it was just, she looked awesome and that’s when it hap, oh yeah, I need to get to know her, I want to get to know her, and that was kind of the beginning of me flirting with her, trying to get her to go out with me.

Callie: So tell me

Male Voice: Callie do you mind if I interrupt for just one second?

Callie: No, that’s fine.

Raven: Don’t move my hand

Callie and Male Voice: inaudible

Male Voice: there’s reasons (laughter)

Raven: Where’s my coffee. (laughter)

Male Voice: Ok, and we’re off and running again.

Raven: Ok.

Callie: So how old were you when you and Janet first started college? Tell me a little bit about how old you were and why you decided to go to Southern Virginia.

Raven: I was eighteen and she was nineteen. And I decided to go because, umm, I had, I had put off college, ah, kind of had umm, wanted to pursue a career in the IT industry and had begun that type of work right after college and,
I mean right after high school and I was dating a girl, umm, that I thought I wanted to stick around Utah for and so I had given up some opportunities to pursue, umm, playing soccer at one college, participating in business classes at another college and so I put it off so I actually waited a year before I started college, umm and at the same time Janet was going to NOVA, Northern Virginia Community College her first year after graduation so this was actually her second year in going into school and it was my first. And I had actually gone out to New York to visit my brother who was serving a mission for our church out there and umm, there’s this big, it’s called the Palmyra pageant and so they have a lot of vendor and stuff on the streets and one of those vendors was the college handing out pamphlets and videos about the college. Well a buddy of mine who was with me we, we took the pamphlet and maybe twenty feet away from where we got em there was a trash can and we just dropped them in the trash can and didn’t really have, you know, an interest in this school that no one’s heard of and, and umm, so we went on to organize this huge soccer game at the Pageant, it was probably like fifty on fifty and a couple of the, the, the recruiters that were there, umm, happened to be sitting and watching the soccer game and observed that, ah, my buddy, Adam, and I were ah, pretty good soccer players and so they came up and they said, hey, you know, you guys really need to consider going to this school we have a soccer program that’s up and running it’s only been around for a few years and umm, you know, think about it. And so my buddy and I got psyched, like oh you know this is an opportunity to go play umm, play soccer at college, ah we should go ahead and jump on it and that was some time in July and ah literally got home… I already had soccer videos made because I had been talking to other colleges when I was in high school and so I sent them a video. I had already filled out all my transcripts and you know, things ‘cause I was originally going to go to college and so it was easy to get it sent in and,
and umm, right away was able to get some scholarship money and things I needed to go to school so it was literally in less than a month I had, you know, taken off on my road trip to go to Virginia to go to school. Umm, and it was just a last minute thing, I needed some change in my life umm, you know, I was thinking that, you know I could pursue this IT stuff or I can go play soccer and it was, I was young so still soccer it was appealing. Umm, an interesting thing to note about that is that ah, the same time that this recruiter was up there, umm, telling me about the college and wanting me to go there, his wife was actually giving Janet a tour of the college saying, this is Southern Virginia and, you know, this is where you’d be going and so we always thought that was a sign, as well. You know, wow that’s amazing that, you know, these two people were giving us tours or talking about the college, you know, practically the exact same time, so, umm, but she, her parents wanted her to get out of town and maybe umm, ah goll, get out of town sounds bad. They wanted her to get out of town, they just wanted her…

Callie: inaudible

Raven: you know, they wanted her to go to a big university and umm, encouraged her, umm, pushed her a little bit to go to one that had the same ah standards as as her faith and so Southern Virginia was it and, um, so she ah, she ended up goin’ there instead of going to BYU. Which is good for me and good for her.

Callie: So, I mean, looking back it’s almost, I mean if you’re a believer in that, it’s almost like it was fate for you guys to meet the way that you did.

Raven: We, ah, you know often times as our relationship umm, progressed we thought, you know, these circumstances that brought us together were unique and it was, umm, pretty awesome that we were able to come together. You know I went to college with the intention that I’m just gonna focus on soccer. I don’t want anything to do with girls, it’s college I just want to have fun, umm, and I had this image of who I thought would, you know, make a great wife and a great partner and, umm, so when I met met Janet it was just amazing that you know, she had the, I guess just like the full package, you know, she was beautiful, attractive, she was comforting, like the way that she… I don’t know what it was about her exactly but I just felt so much comfort when I was with her and she just made me feel important all the time. She, umm, I was able to tell her things I wasn’t able to tell other people and just, you know, I was very comfortable with her and it was almost immediate, you know, and we just started this journey of getting to know each other that was just, it was amazing and umm, you know, she said a lot of the same things about me where, you know, she dated someone for a long time who was a good guy and, and took good care of her but, you know, she always had intentions of umm, you know, maintaining umm, her faith and marrying someone in her faith and she kinda had this picture of what she thought umm, her life would be when she got married and so when we came together it was just you know, it happened so fast but not really in our community because it took us two years to get married where most people were you know, engaged first semester and married by the second, type of thing so, ah, we, we took a while but you know, we new, I new after three weeks of dating her that I wanted to marry her and we didn’t become boyfriend and girlfriend for another couple months but umm, you know, I just knew, you know, I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life pleasing her and I guess I spent the rest of her life.

Callie: Now the fact that you had the, the common faith, that was a significant part of your relationship because you know, you had said that she wanted to be with somebody that shared the same beliefs.

Raven: Yeah.

Callie: Tell me about that.

Raven: Yeah, umm, we, you know, both, I think umm, struggled on, on faith a little bit and we, we knew what we wanted to do and so it was really comforting to meet someone who, who kind of understood what ah, maybe our problems were or our concerns or, you know, what ever. And there, there certainly is a lot of pressure in our religion to umm, marry someone of your faith and to continue to practice the principles and the teachings of the faith and so umm, you know, by no stretch of the imagination was I you know, a devout perfect follower and and you know, neither was Janet and I don’t really know if there is someone who’s perfect but certainly it brings a great sense of ease when you meet someone who’s like oh great you know, this person has the same religion as me and so that’s almost you know, all of a sudden you don’t have to think about it as much but it’s nice to be able to reference books, reference talks, reference things that the other person understands and ah, so it definitely, it definitely was umm, ah, a big part of allowing us to progress just in the whole dating aspect and ah, as that happened umm, there were you know, talks around well you know, do you want to get married in the temple do you wanna umm, you know, live that life style and the answer was yes and so we you know, tried every day to do our best to, to, I guess live like we were going to be going to the temple and so you know, that was the ultimate goal and we did make it there in August 4th of 2000 we, we got married and umm, it was, it was awesome you know, it was ah, definitely… to get over the hump and to and to get into the temple umm, it was, it wasn’t easy but it was awesome to be able to ah, kneel across from her and, and marry her for time and eternity so…

Callie: Tell me, tell me more about your wedding day ‘cause I mean, that is probably the most memorable event for many people.

Raven: Yeah, our, our wedding day was ah, was awesome we had umm, I think we got married on a Friday ah, and it was in the morning umm, maybe it was a Saturday I don’t know, you know it was, it was around Friday, I think, I’m pretty sure it was Friday and, and maybe our, our wedding was like at 11:40 or something like that and the temple is ah, thirty minutes, forty minutes from ah, my wife’s parents house and so you know, we’re running late as always ‘cause you‘ve got so much to do and cram before the wedding. Janet’s ready, I’m ready all the family is still kinda running around and so finally like we gotta go, we gotta get to the temple so we, we take off and we get in our car and we’re heading for the temple and I think her parents probably left like maybe fifteen minutes after us maybe it was only ten they beat us to the temple because they knew all the short cuts through D.C. and we got stuck in traffic and so… you know, probably the story of my life I’m late to everything and I was almost late to my own wedding but we did make it on time umm, so we got to the temple and umm, you know it wasn’t the traditional marriage in the sense that you know I never saw Janet in the wedding dress until umm, we were married type of thing she needed ah, we were on a budget and she wanted to find the perfect dress and umm, so I actually went dress shopping with her all the time and I think we found it somewhere out in Menaces or something but umm, the, the temple, I mean when she put on that wedding dress and I put on ah, my white suit and umm I came out and got to see her before ah we went upstairs to the, the wedding room was umm, it was amazing, it was, oh, she looked so beautiful and umm, you could tell she was a little nervous but but just, you know like when she saw me and I saw her it was like ok nerves go away and we’re with each other and we sat down on this bench and we’re waitin’ for the rest of the family to you know, get dressed and be ready to go up ah and do the ceremony. Umm, the gentleman who ah, conducted the ceremony, or however you say that, he ah he had actually married ah, Janet’s ah sisters and umm, very old umm, a very old patriarch in the Church and he sat Janet and I down before ah we actually did the ceremony and gave us words of wisdom and it was just so amazing. I mean the council that he gave us and the love that he showed towards us umm, you know he treated Janet like she was one of his daughters and he’d known their family for so long and, and it was wonderful. He spoke about umm, his wife who, you know, he had lost umm, and how you know, he would be able to see her again and share umm, a life with her because umm, he was getting married for all time and eternity because in our faith you know, marriage doesn’t end when you die, it continues on and he talked about that during that marriage and ah, you know, he’s, he wanted to wish us all the best and then he took us in to the room where our family was gathered to watch the ceremony and umm, it, it, I’m an emotional person (laughter) and I was very emotional umm, that day to, to finally have ah, this beautiful woman, umm, sitting across from me to, to be with me forever was just amazing and umm, and it was, you know, it was just a special special day. It was awesome, you know, the ceremony wasn’t long by any means and, and umm, when we went through it we, we held each other’s hands, we kissed, we umm, you know, just… I don’t know, I can’t really talk a lot about the ceremony because it is, it happens in our temple so they don’t talk a lot about it but it’s no big surprise, I mean it’s ty, it’s typical of weddings that are outside it’s just they use some different words but ah, but we went through that and umm, you know after we get to go down and come out and I think I think you said you have some of the pictures of the wedding and and umm, you know we we go out to this temple and the temple is ah, in Washington D.C. It’s kind of right on the Maryland side and as you come over the beltway coming, ah, I guess it’s west, you come over on 495 and all of a sudden the temple just rising way above all of the trees and and it really looks like umm, you know, Wizard of Oz or Cinderella like and ah, it’s this beautiful big ah, temple with all this white ah, stone on it and ah, beautiful flower umm arrangements and just like the garden and stuff is, is awesome and so we came out and we had an opportunity to see a lot of the younger family and stuff who wasn’t able to come in to the temple and take pictures with them and umm it was amazing how tired you can get, it’s still early morning but you know, there was so much that went on and ah, it was ah, you know, there came a point where Janet and I were just wanted to sit down, you know, umm, but it wa, it was awesome and we had a wedding ah, a wedding reception that night and umm, it rained on us and a lady came up to us and said you know when it rains on your ah, umm, when it rains on your wedding night that means that umm, you know, heavenly father is ah, happy for you or something like that and, and it was I mean it was beautiful because you’ve got these big huge trees and the rain is just coming through them and ah, and it was just, it was awesome so, it was a fun night it was a really small ah, reception with lot’s of family and friends and it was a time to, for me to get to know a lot a more of Janet’s family and friends and ah, for her to get to know some of my family. In fact I think it was the first time that my parents met her parents was you know, when they came out for the wedding. Umm, but it was it was fun, you know, I was twenty, at the time, she was twenty-one so you know the big joke was that you know, she was the adult to take care of me once we got married umm, and then we flew out to Utah and we stayed up in Park City ah, for a week up there and then had another reception while we’re out in Utah. Umm, the reception was just as beautiful out there, umm, I had some ah, some of my mom’s friends just built this beautiful you know, walk way with all these ah, flowers and ah, plants and stuff like that and umm, it was really fun because I had a lot of my extended family that I hadn’t seen since umm, actually since my grandfather had passed away and so they came up ah, for the wedding and just to see all my friends ah, ‘cause I’d you know, left right away to go to college and then I stayed out east and so I didn’t get to see a lot of people so it was just nice to, to show off the bride ‘cause she was so beautiful and I was so lucky I couldn’t believe it. I always tell people like yeah, you know, I went out east and met this beautiful woman and it was totally worth it so

Callie: Tell me how you proposed.

Raven: Ah, well we had a lot of talk about getting married and umm, I, I knew, I mean, we knew we were gonna get married and it was just a time I had to do the official proposal umm, the first step is to ah, ask ah, her father and, and she made sure, she like, just so you know this is, you know, you have to do that and I said oh no ‘cause Val ah, he’s he’s a tall guy he’s very umm, he could be very over powering if you will, but he’s so quiet so he, he probably you know, he is a big teddy bear and he’s a super kind guy he’s a very spiritual guy umm, he so hard to read though ‘cause he’s so quiet and so you know, I didn’t want to ask I was scared, I was scared so one day umm, you know, he was alone in his den or something and I went in there and said ah, that I , yeah, I don’t remember the conversation but you know, in a nutshell I want to marry Janet and ah, he you know, said that that was umm, you know, he had a special relationship with Janet umm, he loved her a lot and he wanted to make sure that I was going to take care of her and so he asked things about how was I going to provide umm, for the family and things like that so as we got through there he said umm you know you guys are adults and you know, that’s, that’s great so umm, so then I ah I actually took Janet to the Washington D.C. temple umm, and we were on the outside of it ah, just walking through ah, some of the trees and umm, you could see the umm, the temple umm on, on one side and then I said well let’s you know, go down here umm, because you’ve got a very good view of the moon umm, and so we kind of backed up away from the temple so we could see the moon over the temple umm, and then I just got down on my knee and said that she has made me the happiest man in the entire world and I want umm, to continue to make her happy and to continue to have her make me happy and if she would marry me and she said yeah, and it was awesome

Callie: And you had said that you, I mean you knew pretty early on after you knew her that this was the woman that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with

Raven: Yeah, definitely, definitely

Callie: And what kind of traits or what about her I mean at what moment were you like this is the woman, this is the woman I want to be with?

[FONT=&quot]---
Part A of the First Interview

[/FONT]

NC Wanted

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/video/2045849/

Exclusive: Part 1 Raven Abaroa Unedited (Part B)

Raven: Umm, you know, ah I, I think, I don’t know how this comes ah physical attraction is important to me, Janet used to always give me a hard time about this umm, you know, and, and I said that’s the first impression so you have to, it’s not being vain or anything but you know it’s the first impression and so you know, that first impression of her was she was very attractive. Umm, second was she was very intelligent like umm, you know, 4.0 student, ah, very dedicated to her studies and she didn’t horse around a lot and that was important to me because I didn’t horse around a lot either growing up and it, it kind of you know, when ever you, you meet someone who, I don’t know, you don’t know if you can trust them type of thing well with Janet there was an immediate trust. Like I knew that she was sincere when she said she was interested in me or she wanted to go out and I, and I felt like you know, I, I, I could just trust everything in her I could tell her anything and I wasn’t afraid that she was go you know, tellin’ the whole world about you know, me. And so that was, that was a big big thing was trust. Umm, there was a really good chemistry with us, we seemed to be able to play off of each other ah really well umm, as people in college said umm, you know, Janet was very quiet and reserved I was really out going but when you brought us together it really umm, offered a good balance umm, and so there was, there was definitely that aspect there. Umm, I needed help with Spanish and she was really good at Spanish so she’d helped me with my Spanish class. That wasn’t a reason but she was good at Spanish and ah umm, she was a really good soccer player. I honestly never thought that I would marry or date a soccer player umm, ‘cause they’re pretty rough you know, around the edges and stuff and, and she wasn’t, she was ah, she’s really good at soccer so it was nice to have somebody to go kick the soccer ball around with and umm, she, she was a very very good listener and me being a big talker umm, you know, I lo, you know after every soccer game I would want to talk about everything that happened in the game and she would sit there and just let me talk and let me talk and that was, that’s a huge thing for someone to sit there and, and I know because I’ve you know, dated lot’s of people and it’s , it’s, I don’t think anyone’s listened to me the way that Janet listens to me and it, it was really comforting and umm, she would let me tell my stories and even if I ah, you know, sometimes it like man did you see that move that I did or did you see when I did this or that and she would say yeah that was, you know that was awesome and she’d let me relive all the highlights of the game and I just always thought that was that was fun and umm, we could just spend hours together and we wouldn’t have to say a lot and it was just comfortable so, that was another trait is again that just, there is a huge level of comfort umm, with her. We shared a lot of the same goals in terms of what we imagined our kids to be like and what we imagined our home to be like, where we would travel. A lot of that stuff was very similar so

Callie: I mean your, your interests ‘cause I remember you saying she was into cars too and the fact that you were both into soccer and both into cars

Raven: Yeah, let me, let me correct you on that one. I, I thought I was into cars ‘cause I knew a good looking car when I saw one, but I didn’t know anything about cars or stereo’s you know, my first stereo I bought for my $400 jalopy car that I bought umm was like $70 at Walmart, and it had you know, this crappy little removable face and I thought that was cool well umm, she was really, she knew her stuff about cars and so she definitely put me in my place when I was tellin’ her about my car and she wanted to know the engine size was. I don’t know, is it a stick, no it’s an automatic it’s easier to drive. What kind of stereo does it have, you know, it had like a nice Eclipse stereo in it that I bought for maybe $400 but it had, didn’t have speakers, didn’t have amps. All these things that Janet was like, what size speakers to you have, what size amp do you have? Ah, I don’t have any. Is it leather? No. So she was more into cars than I was, but yeah, the definitely you know interest that we shared in. Umm, we, you know after we were married she, she reads all the time and I would like to read all the time but I can’t find the time to read. Usually reading books puts be to sleep and so talk about a balance, she would actually read to me and so I would get really into these books that she was reading and we would take turns reading chapters and that made it a lot easier to, to read when she’d read the chapter and I could just sit there and let my imagination you know, play out the scene that she’s reading and then I can read a chapter and she can listen to me and umm, so it was just funny how… I, I don’t know, maybe other couples do that but for me it was just, it was perfect, like we, we had, you know, I loved cooking but I didn’t like cleaning. Well Janet would you know, I would cook dinner and I would use every dish in the house to make a meal and umm, then I would want to eat while the meal was still warm. Well you know, the balance was, I would be cooking and Janet would be cleaning up behind me and so that you know, everything was clean by the time we were done umm, you know, something that I think really shows another balance between us is I don’t remember doing more than maybe you know, a handful of loads of laundry the entire time we were married. And it’s not that Janet’s place is in the laundry room it was, you know, that’s not what I’m saying, I’m just… she loved doing laundry. I, I would have to help fold it but she loved, you know, that was her thing to do laundry and so she would always do the laundry and then I would always fold it and that was just you know, how things kind of worked. But it was never, we never had to sit down and establish what the rules were or what do you like or what do you not like. It just worked out you know, and that’s how, that, I mean the chemistry was, was always there so it was umm, it was pretty cool.

Male Voice: We have….

End of recording.
----
I will work on Interview 2 - 4 as soon as I can

I can't believe you went through all that. It had to have taken days or weeks. I am betting it will prove useful though!

Bumping this thread in case people didn't view it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back