Reasons why you think it could be suicide

Why are you attacking Rebecca for? And what do you have against deaf people, if anyone in the case is deaf? :waitasec:

What does having a backdoor unlocked have to do with deafness? What about Dina when police were POUNDING on her door and she didn't hear it the morning of Max's accident? What about Dina who claimed she didn't hear the numerous phone calls made by Jonah to her to inform her about Max's accident? In fairness, I suppose you HAVE to say, in your opinion, that Dina must have been *deaf* too!

Do you read ANY factual information to the case at all? I highly recommend you start doing some research before spewing out *misinformation* and disparaging Rebecca for being deaf when you seem to have no clue about the facts in this case.

Again, according to Ann Rule and an insider to the case, Dina, Nina and Adam, along with Jonah were FULLY AWARE of the UNLOCKED BACKDOOR.

So NO, it is NOT farfetched but in fact, extremely reasonable and rational and plausible to believe that that one and/or all these individuals could be the perps who viciously and with intentional malice killed Rebecca on 7/12-7/13/2011.

"There was one thing no one but a very few people knew: the back door of the mansion was never locked! Jonah, Adam, Becky, and Dina— who had once lived there— knew that. Possibly Nina did, too. There may have been others aware of the unlocked door— deliverymen, employees who worked around the estate. It was hard to know how many— if any."

Rule, Ann (2012-11-27). Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors (Ann Rule's Crime Files) (p. 214). Simon & Schuster, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

I asked if she was deaf because when someone enters a house, they usually do make a little noise.

There is simply no way Adam or Dina knew the house was never locked BY REBECCA or that she didn't engage the alarm security system. LE certainly have never suggested it publicly.

JMO

Because now they are defendants in a wrongful death suit.

Doesn't matter. There needs to be proof and I haven't seen any. If the lawsuit ever gets served, their response can be with their own claim.

JMO

BBM

BINGO!!!

His 'family' being Maxie, ES and GS.

Certainly not The Twin Romanos. The only reason JS is keeping quiet regarding Rebecca's brutal and horrific murder is because he KNOWS how Maxie's accident happened AND who was there.

But that's okay because it all will come out with the WDS!

MOO JMO

JS has no reason to speak right now. Neither he nor his children are named in the lawsuit. I do believe LE knows who was present when Max was injured. If lies were told, what matters is who told the lies and why.

And I agree, such lies do come out in courtrooms.

Adam is Jonah's family as well and he actually spoke to RZ so it will be interesting to learn details of their interaction.

JMO

Ok, fair enough. Thank you for your reply.
What, then, is your thought about the dog being boarded? TIA

Anybody's guess why RZ did what she did. Maybe RZ didn't want the dog around. She had Greenberg come to the house and get the dog.

JMO

BBM

Was RZ deaf? Why did she leave the door unlocked while she was inside? Dina or Nina could not possibly know that not only would the door be unlocked but also the alarm system wasn't engaged AND that Adam wouldn't be anywhere near or within earshot. It's a far-fetched theory with no evidence to support it, imo.

WOW. Asking if Rebecca was deaf ...where in God's Green Earth did that come from? Seriously. IMO

The theory that all three were more focused on RZ rather than a gravely injured child is as absurd as it gets, imo.

Hmm...Well all three certainly weren't focused on Maxie, that's for sure. None of them were with him. Because all three were terrorizing Rebecca. A couple of them where blinded with rage. Filled with rage. It's a shame they weren't with their wonderful little boy. Shame.

Meanwhile, JS was treasuring every moment with his little Maxie. Just a loving and mournful Dad being with his dying son. Maybe he read to him. Maybe he stroked little Maxie's face while holding him. One thing is crystal clear. Jonah Shacknai was treasuring each and every nano-second with his beloved little boy.
Where were the other three? Not with Maxie. IMO

The ME was convinced by the good case made by the SDSO. Why would DR, NR or Adam dispute it?

Yeah, the ME was convinced and felt sure the 'case' was made. It took them all of 12, 13 hours to come to the conclusion they did. Another shameful action.
I do imagine all the meltdown happening with those three people. IMO

LE haven't based their conclusion on speculation, imo.

Ah, they did, and I believe you have, too. Course, that is JMO

RZ did not take very good care of Max, did she? He and her sister both were seriously injured while in her care at Jonah's house.

I think she killed herself in the manner that she did because Jonah chose his family over her.

I think little Maxie loved being with his Dad and Rebecca. For ONE BIG REASON...JS and Rebecca had a stable and loving relationship. When Maxie had his time with his Dad and Rebecca, the time was probably free of alcohol and drugs. I believe Rebecca took wonderful care of Maxie.
WTH bought the razor for him? IMO

BBM

`snipped`

Hmm...Well all three certainly weren't focused on Maxie, that's for sure. None of them were with him. Because all three were terrorizing Rebecca. A couple of them where blinded with rage. Filled with rage. It's a shame they weren't with their wonderful little boy. Shame.

BBM. There is no evidence RZ was being terrorized by anybody. She didn't call police, did not file a protection order, wasn't frantic leading up to her death and that's according to her own sister.

http://www.dailypilot.com/news/kswb...d-upside-down-20110725,0,7674947.story?page=2

"Obviously, the investigation is not complete yet," wrote Mary Zahau-Loehner in a statement to San Diego's KFMB-TV, "but as far as what I know about my sister, my sister did not commit a suicide. My sister was not depressed, my sister was not frantic, my sister was planning to call my parents the next day and was planning to keep me posted about Max the next day."

No, it is NOT speculation when a psychological expert hired by the Zahaus reviewed Rebecca's medical history and her diaries and decisively concluded that Rebecca was NOT depressed and NEVER had suicidal tendencies or any mental illness. See the interview done with the doctor on Dr. Phil show. There were only 2 Dr. Phil shows on the Rebecca Zahau case so this should be easy for you to locate and watch.

And you've missed the point completely. It is highly RELEVANT to give the perps vs. Rebecca's height and weight in order to show that Dina and Nina and anyone else likely committed Rebecca's murder rather than Rebecca killing herself because such physical characteristics of the perps means they had the PHYSICAL CAPABILITY to perform all the actions you claimed are implausible <modsnip>:

So, of course an expert hired by the Zahaus would conclude she was not suicidal. I think we've heard many opinions regarding the integrity of paid experts have we not?

BBM

WOW. Asking if Rebecca was deaf ...where in God's Green Earth did that come from? Seriously. IMO

Meanwhile, JS was treasuring every moment with his little Maxie. Just a loving and mournful Dad being with his dying son. Maybe he read to him. Maybe he stroked little Maxie's face while holding him. One thing is crystal clear. Jonah Shacknai was treasuring each and every nano-second with his beloved little boy.
Where were the other three? Not with Maxie. IMO

Yeah, the ME was convinced and felt sure the 'case' was made. It took them all of 12, 13 hours to come to the conclusion they did. Another shameful action.
I do imagine all the meltdown happening with those three people. IMO

Ah, they did, and I believe you have, too. Course, that is JMO

I think little Maxie loved being with his Dad and Rebecca. For ONE BIG REASON...JS and Rebecca had a stable and loving relationship. When Maxie had his time with his Dad and Rebecca, the time was probably free of alcohol and drugs. I believe Rebecca took wonderful care of Maxie.
WTH bought the razor for him? IMO

"Hmm...Well all three certainly weren't focused on Maxie, that's for sure. None of them were with him. Because all three were terrorizing Rebecca. A couple of them where blinded with rage. Filled with rage. It's a shame they weren't with their wonderful little boy. Shame"

This absolutely requires a link. TIA

Snip

"There was one thing no one but a very few people knew: the back door of the mansion was never locked! Jonah, Adam, Becky, and Dina— who had once lived there— knew that. Possibly Nina did, too. There may have been others aware of the unlocked door— deliverymen, employees who worked around the estate. It was hard to know how many— if any."

Rule, Ann (2012-11-27). Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors (Ann Rule's Crime Files) (p. 214). Simon & Schuster, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

I don't know if it was intentional or just bad writing, but this paragraph is very confusing. Regarding the door: no one but a few people knew the door was never locked, but there may have been others - hard to know how many???

The last statement completely cancels out the first. Got it narrowed down, only, eh, not so much.

STOP the bickering and personal attacks. If they continue I may need to lock this thread until everyone cools off. Like this post so that I know you have read and understood this post. TIA

So, of course an expert hired by the Zahaus would conclude she was not suicidal. I think we've heard many opinions regarding the integrity of paid experts have we not?

No <modsnip>. The poster had said that it was MY PERSONAL SPECULATION about Rebecca that she had no history of mental illness. I informed her it was a psychology EXPERT's, not mine.

I don't know if it was intentional or just bad writing, but this paragraph is very confusing. Regarding the door: no one but a few people knew the door was never locked, but there may have been others - hard to know how many???

The last statement completely cancels out the first. Got it narrowed down, only, eh, not so much.

<modsnip> :waitasec:

Ann Rule's writing is exceptionally clear and concise. She says that the backdoor is ALWAYS UNLOCKED, and those who are aware of it are: Dina, Adam, Jonah, perhaps Nina and maybe some others (whom I presume would be Jonah's teen kids and Max). What are you confused about? :scared:

I'm going to unlock to see if we can all be on our best behaviour.

<modsnip> :waitasec:

Ann Rule's writing is exceptionally clear and concise. She says that the backdoor is ALWAYS UNLOCKED, and those who are aware of it are: Dina, Adam, Jonah, perhaps Nina and maybe some others (whom I presume would be Jonah's teen kids and Max). What are you confused about? :scared:

There was also a "doggie door" in the back kitchen door, one large enough that an adult could easily fit through.

There was also a "doggie door" in the back kitchen door, one large enough that an adult could easily fit through.

So now we've narrowed it down to ONLY Adam, Nina, Dina . . . Plus delivery men plus employees plus teenage kids plus any adult who can fit through an adult sized doggie door plus anyone else because it's hard to know how many. ? ? ?

At this point, we're better off excluding people who could access rather than pointing at Adam, Dina and Nina.
IMO

So now we've narrowed it down to ONLY Adam, Nina, Dina . . . Plus delivery men plus employees plus teenage kids plus any adult who can fit through an adult sized doggie door plus anyone else because it's hard to know how many. ? ? ?

At this point, we're better off excluding people who could access rather than pointing at Adam, Dina and Nina.
IMO

BBM - IMO, this should have been done during the investigation.

Isn't it possible that since Adam was a guest, Rebecca offered to leave the back door of the mansion unlocked in case AS wanted something, e.g. "The coffee pot in the guest house is broken, so I'll leave the back door open for you to use the coffee pot in the mansion kitchen" or some such thing.

BBM - IMO, this should have been done during the investigation.

Isn't it possible that since Adam was a guest, Rebecca offered to leave the back door of the mansion unlocked in case AS wanted something, e.g. "The coffee pot in the guest house is broken, so I'll leave the back door open for you to use the coffee pot in the mansion kitchen" or some such thing.

My point is that Rule attempted make those three a selective few who knew the door would be unlocked. And then in the next sentence, she points out that delivery people, employees and anyone else in the world could know that too. Now we can add doggy doors and teenage kids to the mix and well, it's just not the smoking gun clue she was gunning for.

I found the paragraph strange and contradictory. More of a wording mystery for me than anything else. So, I'm not trying to argue some huge point.:truce:

My point is that Rule attempted make those three a selective few who knew the door would be unlocked. And then in the next sentence, she points out that delivery people, employees and anyone else in the world could know that too. Now we can add doggy doors and teenage kids to the mix and well, it's just not the smoking gun clue she was gunning for.

I found the paragraph strange and contradictory. More of a wording mystery for me than anything else. So, I'm not trying to argue some huge point.:truce:

I thought the teenagers had left town, right? So it couldn't have been them. As for the couple JS employed who lived in the garage, LE talked to them, then they quickly moved out, before RZ's murder. Random strangers seem very, very unlikely. No, it had to be someone with means, motive and opportunity.

Poor Rebecca. I wish she had locked the door and turned on the alarm. She would be alive today if she had.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back