Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article posted upthread and linked below:

Rebecca Nalepa (photos below) aka Rebecca Zahau was found with her arms still bound behind her back in one knot, and her feet bound with another knot. She was not hanging in a noose when she was found, even thought that is how Adam Shacknai (photo below) reportedly found her.

Have we seen mention of this before?

Rebecca Nalepa’s Knots May Solve Case

I haven't seen that on here ... but many of us started to wonder if she was hanging by her neck. So, maybe she was not hanging by her neck, not a noose but she was hogtied as one of the mods first brought up. UGH

The family should have asked for their own autopsy...

IMO

She had been at the hospital since Monday evening-ish, lets say...

Rebecca died Tuesday night, Wednesday morning...they lived near each other...I can see it. Especially if she knew there was likely no recovery for her son...

I don't think she could have gotten away with it. I am sure the cops were all over the hospital surveillance tapes and her cell ping movements and her cell records and witness testimony of her whereabouts. No way she could have slipped out of the hospital and gone to Spreckel Mansion without it being noticed.

Gossip? Yes, but repeated by 3 different posters...

http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=470815&page=2

Very interesting and so is this:

ALICE: I actually met him at the [Coronado city] council meeting. Because...when he came to Coronado, he wanted the Mills Act [which provides tax relief for historic homes, but also restricts what alterations you can make]. Then after he got the Mills Act, he wanted to change that whole wing on the house. And they denied him. He’s one of those...he’s got the greed syndrome. Not trustworthy. That’s what I thought at the meeting. Manipulative. This is a man who gets what he wants.

KELLY: He’s so powerful, everybody around him are yes-man people. And [if] his girlfriend let his little boy die on her watch, well, you know what?

ALICE: And all that injections and stuff, it’s got to poison your head. All that Restylane and the Botox.

He injected himself?

ALICE: Well, that’s what business he’s in.

I wouldn't doubt some of that stuff affects a person

I wonder if the police seized Rebecca's cell phone, and computer, and iPad if she had any of these things? I also wonder if they searched her room or her personal belongings in the house if she had that too??

Thank you for your kind words and the information. I'm in Timbuktou, Canada, so my knowledge of prestigious US school is wanting...;)

This just solidifies my belief SOMEONE needs to make noise. Time for someone to stand up, lose thier fear, and do the right thing: contact reputable media and do not get paid for it, imo. If this is a battle for coverup, there's no other choice, imo. If it were me...I'd pray I'd have the courage....because I could not live with the guilt.

BBM: :floorlaugh: .. I think I am your neighbour!:crazy:

I don't think she could have gotten away with it. I am sure the cops were all over the hospital surveillance tapes and her cell ping movements and her cell records and witness testimony of her whereabouts. No way she could have slipped out of the hospital and gone to Spreckel Mansion without it being noticed.

Last thing I heard, they were checking the the hospital tapes out...so, maybe the police aren't 100% sure, either, that they stayed at the hospital 24/7 for 2 days...

After watching the JVM segment today, and trying to find any new info, I am more convinced that the spin is in full effect. Haven't read the Newsweek article, but am pretty convinced that it's being written due to the urging of the PR firm.

In my humble opinion, I don't think JS murdered his girlfriend, I also think that MS's death was a complete accident, but there is obvious spin going on. No information is being let out, and they (JS, his company, and all the people in very high places) just want this to go away.

And if I hear another person explain what good shape the victim was in, so it is completely logical that she hung herself in this manner, I am going to barf. Just because someone CAN undress themself, bind themself, and hang themself, doesn't mean he/she DID undress themself, bind themself, and hang themself.

JVM reporter says, source said: leaning to suicide??? Detectives learning about what the last 48 hours was like ( yet, her sister never spoke to police????) Reporter stresses she was a fitness buff...hence, hey, she could do this houdini act??? Man, this smells bad!

Agreed. Why didn't detectives question the sister? We all know sister declared publicly she doesn't believe RN was suicidal and that the two of them were communicating shortly before RN was found dead. I don't like this one bit.

After watching the JVM segment today, and trying to find any new info, I am more convinced that the spin is in full effect. Haven't read the Newsweek article, but am pretty convinced that it's being written due to the urging of the PR firm.

In my humble opinion, I don't think JS murdered his girlfriend, I also think that MS's death was a complete accident, but there is obvious spin going on. No information is being let out, and they (JS, his company, and all the people in very high places) just want this to go away.

And if I hear another person explain what good shape the victim was in, so it is completely logical that she hung herself in this manner, I am going to barf. Just because someone CAN undress themself, bind themself, and hang themself, doesn't mean he/she DID undress themself, bind themself, and hang themself.

I've been of the belief from day one, that no matter what, this (Rebecca's) death will be classified a suicide.

ETA: I believe MS death was an accident and will be ruled as such.

I watched that too, I was trying to find out who this guy was... anyone know what his name is? I checked for transcripts on JVM site but they aren't up yet.

JVM reporter says, source said: leaning to suicide??? Detectives learning about what the last 48 hours was like ( yet, her sister never spoke to police????) Reporter stresses she was a fitness buff...hence, hey, she could do this houdini act??? Man, this smells bad!

In the interim, he says, detectives are trying to “find out as much as we can about Rebecca and what was going on in her life at the time.”

Oddly, Zahau’s sister says that if that's true, they haven't asked her. “We aren’t in the loop with new developments,” says Mary Zahau-Loehner. “We haven’t had any official phone call telling us of our sister’s death.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/07/27/jonah-shacknai-mansion-deaths-rebecca-zahau-incident-remains-mysterious.html

In Arizona police reports obtained this week by ABC News Shacknai’s ex-wife Dina Shacknai said she was “scared of what he is capable of doing to me physically … and the lengths he would go to try to ‘destroy’ me.”

According to news reports Adam ‘cut down’ Rebecca’s body and called 911. The police arrived to find Rebecca’s nude body, ‘face down’, electrical cords used to bind her hands behind her back and her feet

According to a report from local CBS 8 affiliate, neighbors reported a ‘police disturbance’ at Dina Shacknai’s home on the day of Max’s accident. Missing from the report, when the ‘disturbance’ occurred? *** was this when police were trying to locate her? her car was home-they ran her tags... where was she?

She called about 4:40 pm,” he said. “She told me about the accident and said that her daughter was also injured

"It appears to be some type of a violent death, and I'm not going to compromise the integrity of the investigation by giving anything more than that at this time," San Diego County Sheriff's Dept. Capt. Tim Curran said
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?redirected=true

Investigators initially described the death as “violent” and “bizarre,” and forensics evidence is being processed before determining whether the death was criminal or a suicide.
*** ever hear of a violent/bizarre suicide?
notice they say "criminal here not homocide

Dina also submitted a two-page letter, describing Jonah as temperamental. She said the incident began over a disagreement with their child’s soiled bedding and that Jonah cursed at her in front of their child.*** sound familiar?

Source: Details Shed on Shacknai's Second Divorce | NBC San Diego

“Importantly,” Shacknai wrote, "Dina has been treated medically for years for a bruising disorder, whereby the slightest contact with an object or other material causes bruises.
Shacknai,... , Dina physically assaulted him several times, once causing him a broken finger.
*** why is it that the only young women who "bruise easy" are the one beaten by their loving husbands?
oh and HE was the one being abused! THAT'S where the bruises came from!
guess that rules her out! DS would have been black and blue had she hurt anyone!

In the interim, he says, detectives are trying to “find out as much as we can about Rebecca and what was going on in her life at the time.”

Oddly, Zahau’s sister says that if that's true, they haven't asked her. “We aren’t in the loop with new developments,” says Mary Zahau-Loehner. “We haven’t had any official phone call telling us of our sister’s death.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ebecca-zahau-incident-remains-mysterious.html

Could it get any more disrespectful??

I don't believe it was suicide. Not sure what I think the whole story is, but suicide seems off to me based on what we know.

But, I have to put in my two cents regarding the dog phone call. When we rushed my daughter to the emergency room, and ended up being admitted to the hospital, one of the first things I did was call a friend to go get my dog and take her to the vet to be boarded. Even though my youngest daughter was still at the house with a relative, I did not want to have to worry about who was taking care of the dog. We didn't know how long we would be at the hospital and neither me or my husband wanted to leave to take care of our dog who we love like a member of our family.

So there are a lot of things about this story that bother me, but trying to get the dog to a daycare to be taken care of is one of the few things that actually makes sense to me.

I think the authorities have made their minds up .. they are waiting for the "test results" to cement it in place.

I haven't seen that on here ... but many of us started to wonder if she was hanging by her neck. So, maybe she was not hanging by her neck, not a noose but she was hogtied as one of the mods first brought up. UGH

BBM

If she was hogtied, she couldn't have done that herself. Could she, eh? (for all my friends up north, LOL)

Could it get anymore disrespectful??

Yep, it started out disrepectful.......by not erecting a tent over her body and letting the young boys sit on the roof and gawk at her.......

Unbelieveable......totally :sick: :maddening:

For those who believe DS is responsible.......

From previous reports, LE could not get a hold of her immediately following the accident. At some point, she was told and we assume she rushed to the hospital to be by her son's bedside. Some reports mention "holding vigil".

Do you honestly believe she would have left her dying son to go murder her ex husband's girlfriend?

I don't believe it for one second.

If she were capable of doing this, I am pretty certain that the drs told them early on that their son was gone--well before it leaked to the public.
IMO,yes, she could have, if she believed that her son was gone. Having to watch him lie there, breathing by artificial means but not alive.

That is why LE was getting the videos from the hospital. To observe who left, when...when did they come back, what were they wearing? etc. Were they wearing something different?

If this is the scenario, I bet it was done out of rage--maybe she went home to shower, change clothes, sleep and being that they lived so near, she detoured and paid a visit to RN. Maybe it was not premeditated as a murder. It began as a confrontation, an emotional event and escalated and RN was killed. The hanging may have been a cover-up to what actually occurred. AS may have even been in on the cover up part of it.

Just me, theorizing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member