Receipts Deep Dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
so according to the 400+ doc dump thread, there's only going to be a few pages or so (maybe 13?) of receipts, so it doens't look like much for now... waiting on links from WS'er Muzikman, then we'll see

If you can hang tight for a few, folks, I think Chezhire has a way to organize the attack that'll payoff later.

In the meantime, if you're game to do some legwork (e.g. drive to a store if needed) on receipts, chime in w/ a simple "I'm in" post so we've got an idea of what we have to work with here (e.g. 2, or 10, or ???).

Also helpful would be items purchased via video being released . . .

Question would UPCs for all Targets be universal. I ask b/c I am in NC but frequent Target almost daily. I could go and punch in these codes in there scanners they have located at the end of the aisles.

If you can hang tight for a few, folks, I think Chezhire has a way to organize the attack that'll payoff later.

In the meantime, if you're game to do some legwork (e.g. drive to a store if needed) on receipts, chime in w/ a simple "I'm in" post so we've got an idea of what we have to work with here (e.g. 2, or 10, or ???).

Links are there, get them quick !................

Question would UPCs for all Targets be universal. I ask b/c I am in NC but frequent Target almost daily. I could go and punch in these codes in there scanners they have located at the end of the aisles.

Yes, the U in UPC stands for "Universal", as in "Universal Product Code". You can look them up all sorts of places; do a Google on "UPC lookup" or "UPC search" or something along those lines.

She is a COUPON shopper, that was thoughful while using someone else's money.

This may help, I deal with Targets so I know a little bit about them.

They use what is called a DPCI number for items in the store - 9 digits, 000-00-0000

If you look at the receipts there is this: 039:S266080005

The first numbers before the colon is the purchase on the receipt - ie 39th item, 40th item etc.

Not sure what the "S" is, but the 9 numbers following it are what you can use to look up the item in their system. I know it works on the scanners in the store itself, not sure about their website. Also, not all scanners have the ability to punch in the numbers - newer stores have updated scanners, older stores don't unless they've converted.

Hope that helps!

Let me search through my faves. There is a way to look up DPCI codes on line instead of anyone having to go to a store to punch these numbers in. It works the same way as a UPC code but is Targets number for items they sell (it helps their inventory to list them this way, most stores have a system that is similar).

I just need to dig up the link to do this. I'll be back in a few!

If anyone is interested, the items listed below can be viewed on Target's website. Just put the s# on the receipt into the "search" box.

You can even see the infamous blue hoodie she wore when arrested the first time. Also, if you type in "Xhilaration Cobalt Blue Dress", to me, it looks like the blue dress she wore to Fusion.

Xhilaration Heather Grey Mix Chemise - XS

Our Price: $7.49
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moss Sup Co Medium Wash Bootcut Denim - 1.0

Our Price: $11.49
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xhilaration Brown Ganesa Sandal - 5.0
Our Price: $9.99

Mossimo Black Ink Square Neck Pullover - XS

Yes - IIRC, Lee stated to LE that some receipts were missing from those turned over, and that those had been given directly to JB.

I'd like to see a WS'r w/ the legal credentials explain what has to happen to make these receipts that are in the hands of the defense surface. Any loopholes that could keep them buried?

Now that Casey is a Suspect, it changes the subpoena power of LE. They probably already have those statements and receipt copies from the creditor. Whether CA reports KC or wishes to press charges or not, if the creditor knows there has been fradulent activity on the account, they have a fiduciary duty to mitigate the risk from the debtor.

The UPC coed in a Universal Product Code, ‘The Bar Code’ number that was developed to identify all products that are sold. The bar code is the serious of black and white bands that are printed on a package or sticker that is on an item.
A scanner is used to decipher this code, which has been entered into computer systems at retail stores across the country. Other countries also use them. Each manufacture is assigned (after paying mucho bucks) a 5-digit number that is exclusively for their use so you can take any product and determine who made it.
The bar code has at least 12 numbers in it. Some bar codes show the numbers and some do not. There are ones that only show the black lines but when this is scanned the reader converts those bars into numbers.
There is a beginning number that is an indicator number for computer systems.
Then the next 5 numbers tells you who the manufacture is.
Then the next 5 numbers relates to the product itself but is used in conjunction with the manufactures 5 digits as well as a stores internal computer system.
The last number is a check digit that has nothing to do with anything except it is a number that is used in a mathematical formulation to make sure all of the other numbers are correct. This number is the one that seems to be by itself or is after a dash on some packages.
Boring stuff

A lot of receipts show a serious of numbers on them for each purchase. If you go to customer service desk for an exchange or refund they can punch those numbers into their system and the computer will tell them what the item is or they can use the little gun that goes beep to read the bar code on the actual item which does the same thing. The stores computer system recognizes the UPC and hunts for corresponding numbers in the system. If the store carries that item it will show up.

The fastest way to determine what item was purchased is to go to the store that the receipt is from and ask at the customer desk if they can tell you what these numbers come up on the system as. You can also play match the number if the receipt shows a partial description of an item i.e. CG Shd Bl LW Masc. This would be Cover Girl Black Long Wearing Mascara. Then you can go to the store isle that has the make up and look at the bar code on the package and see if the numbers on the receipt match up with the little numbers under the bar. Warning. The descriptions can get pretty strange because they are made up by the store. You can also go to the stores website and enter the 'SKU' Stocking Item Number on it will show you what the item is.

Now as far as the group of 5-digit manufacture numbers go I can have them entered to find out who made the product. A lot of companies have websites that you can enter these numbers into and it tells you what the product is or if nothing else you can call them and ask for information on that number. This would only need to be done as a last resort but if it cannot be figured out any other way... I can call.

I would suspect that most items might be identifiable just from the description that is on the receipt. The ones that will be a problem are those that the descriptions are very cryptic.

And that concludes Class 101 ‘Fun with Bar Codes’

She is a COUPON shopper, that was thoughful while using someone else's money.

I don't think she actually used coupons. I think those were just products advertised that were on sale. She doesn't look like a coupon-clipper. :)

Yes. UPC stands for universal product code.

Susan

(oops! I'm behind !)

Ok guys - there's only 6 pages total, so there's really no need (YET) to bates stamp them, and you can tell from the item descriptions what things are... Let me know if we get more and I'll have them bates and scanned & upload'em while I'm at work today. :)

I'm with you Mr. Bond! I want to know why Lee gave LE only receipt list for 6/30 til July, because I think June 25-27th is very important. I think she went to JcPenny on the morning of the 27 for a brief purchase. Why are reciepts that should of been evidence nabbed by Cindy & Lee? Why didnt LE get them first? ANd I heard that Cindy did not want to show her JCPenny Statements to LE, only the receipts she wanted to show. BS, if you ask me. LE should of suppena her for it. Sorry, just a short rant.

You're right. Cindy did not want to show LE her statements from the credit cards. She kept saying she had the reciepts, that she offered them up to LE, they didn't want them to now JB had them. I don't think CA understands, this is an investigation. Her wants, desires, demands, really don't matter. I am thinking she is soooooooooo sorry she ever called LE in the first place. She was jerking KC's chain & bit off more than she bargained for. It won't look "purty" when LE testifies they "asked" for them & were denied. I don't think she ever did turn them over. She does have her own investigation to do you know & LE is in the way of HER investigation. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix