Receipts Deep Dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am hoping is they are able to get the bank of america statements and then get receipts. I would love to know if there is any transaction for online use with the bank of america card. In the 911 call Cindy says she has affidavits from the bank and wants to press charges. So hopefully they will be able to use that even though she didnt press charges. The thing is we might not see that evidence in the latest document dump because it wont have to do with the fraud charges.

If KC used checks or credit cards on line, wouldnt the secret service get involved as that could be wire fraud? That would be going thru the phone lines across the states, right?

A deep dive on receipts, both missing & released, is needed to fully develop other work, but, threatens to interfere the those threads (e.g. cell/pings, gas cans, etc.).

Focused attention on receipts here.

Just want to say that I love your metaphorical title of this thread. I had a dream about finding a purse and checkbook on a dive into a canal.

LE can subpoena whatever they want as long as the judge agrees to it.

It also doesn't matter if CA wants to file criminal charges or not. Her cc company can file fraud charges for unauthorized use of the card. It's my understanding that if they wanted to LE could pursue charges against Casey for those purchases. I know I read that here, I just can't remember where. I think in the first CA video interview thread. I think my photographic memory is leaving me with all of the docs released in this case :banghead:

Bond,

I'm willing to do whatever to match up receipts or anything else that needs to be done in this case. There is a way to look up items at Target by UPC numbers to see exactly what was purchased. It's fairly easy to do it too. :dance:

The first three digits of the item on Target is the dept number, like soft lines ( clothing ) hardlines ( housewears) electronics, grocery, etc. The numbers after that are what the item is..........Mossimo sweater etc. All targets have the same dept numbers.

If you can hang tight for a few, folks, I think Chezhire has a way to organize the attack that'll payoff later.

In the meantime, if you're game to do some legwork (e.g. drive to a store if needed) on receipts, chime in w/ a simple "I'm in" post so we've got an idea of what we have to work with here (e.g. 2, or 10, or ???).

I'm in on the Target or JCP. You dont even have to drive to the store, u can call & tell them the item number & they will tell ya what it is.:dance:

I'm in on the Target or JCP. You dont even have to drive to the store, u can call & tell them the item number & they will tell ya what it is.:dance:

Great, LeLe.

Chezire's sayin' due to the limited # of pages involved this maybe simpler than we originally thought. Would you mind posting an example of a single receipt? For example, start the post something like the following, leaving blanks if info isn't available:

DATE: xx/xx
TIME: YY:YY
VENR: JCP, TARGET, ETC.

1) Brief Item description of first item on rcpt (not the abbreviation, but, something we'd all recognize)
2) Brief item description of second item
3) Yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah

Lemme know if I'm asking too much. I can't access docs from here.

Can LE subpoena those receipts, though? CA is not filing fraud charges against KC so those receipts aren't needed for the investigation. If they could somehow link those receipts to the other charges, they may be able to subpoena them, but it would be a stretch right now. They may have to charge KC with something more sinister before getting those receipts.

Penneys should have them and PEnneys won't interfere with LE on it

If KC used checks or credit cards on line, wouldnt the secret service get involved as that could be wire fraud? That would be going thru the phone lines across the states, right?

Not the secret service, but it would be a federal crime subject to federal jurisdiction since she involved interstate commerce. If the fight/trial gets nasty, FL could try to turn over the fraud charges to the feds to hold her in federal prison - the federal courts are much slower (and super backlogged) so she'd be locked up for a while waiting for trial.

Also I think we should all support Target in this - fraud involving such small amounts of money are almost always settled/charges dropped. Even if the DA really wanted to prosecute, the big chain stores have a hefty enough hand ($$$) to put a lot of pressure to just forget it - since it costs everyone so much. Target IMO is adding its name because of the "allegedly criminal nature" of Casey's parenting. Is that PC enough? :)

As stated on another thread I work at a Target here in Illinois...Target uses what we call a DPCI for numbers to all of our items...dept/class/item...I can usually tell by the first few digits of the DPCI what department the item is from. If you have any questions on any items feel free to PM me and if I don't know right off hand it is very easy for me to find out :) An example would be if the first few numbers say 015...that's the womens department...040 would be from mens etc. There are several different numbers per department: womens is 013-018 Plus size womens is 021. Boys are in the 70's and girls in the 30's (I am pretty sure) Lingerie and hosiery are 022-025.

Yes, the U in UPC stands for "Universal", as in "Universal Product Code". You can look them up all sorts of places; do a Google on "UPC lookup" or "UPC search" or something along those lines.

Great, LeLe.

Chezire's sayin' due to the limited # of pages involved this maybe simpler than we originally thought. Would you mind posting an example of a single receipt? For example, start the post something like the following, leaving blanks if info isn't available:

DATE: xx/xx
TIME: YY:YY
VENR: JCP, TARGET, ETC.

1) Brief Item description of first item on rcpt (not the abbreviation, but, something we'd all recognize)
2) Brief item description of second item
3) Yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah

Lemme know if I'm asking too much. I can't access docs from here.

I can do that if you want. The Target reciepts have the items listed, brand, sz and what it is......Mossimo hoodie xs ( just an example) she bought bras, camis, clothes for herself, sun glasses, food. I saw on a couple reciepts sudafed, mucinex, goodys. Wonder who was sick. She bought NO diapers, wipes, kids clothes. Did ya notice she also didnt buy any personal girly hygiene products. Course didnt see condoms either.

Let's dive in and discuss the ICE POPS and the TYSON CHICKEN AL claims Casey had on her when he picked her up on from Amscot on June 27th. AL claims the Ice pops and Tyson chicken were in UNMARKED bags from Grandma's house. Uh right. The receipts show Casey purchased these items DAYS LATER (Hello, July 10th) from Target (and I think all of us who shop at TAR-JAY know every bag has a logo).

Is he lying? Is he simply "misremembering"? If you don't know something in a case this important why don't these people say, "I DON'T KNOW". Don't tell us tales of ice pops and chicken and unmarked bags from Grandma's house we go. There is a little child missing here and no one can seemingly tell a straight story (in my opinion, of course). Annoyed...

You're right. Cindy did not want to show LE her statements from the credit cards. She kept saying she had the reciepts, that she offered them up to LE, they didn't want them to now JB had them. I don't think CA understands, this is an investigation. Her wants, desires, demands, really don't matter. I am thinking she is soooooooooo sorry she ever called LE in the first place. She was jerking KC's chain & bit off more than she bargained for. It won't look "purty" when LE testifies they "asked" for them & were denied. I don't think she ever did turn them over. She does have her own investigation to do you know & LE is in the way of HER investigation. :banghead:

Thats all caught on tape!

Something just struck me like a lightning bolt here. I saw CA's video interviews before, but partially. So while watching NG show...she airs a clip and I'm like.......WOW! Cindy is stonewalling the investigation BIG TIME....LE is holding her hands and telling her that they needed those statements regardless of wether or not she felt they were pertinent. And she just continues to say that she "looked at her statements" and "there was nothing there!!!" No wonder Cindy & George Lawyered up, she didnt want to have to cooperate with the investigation.

I know shes the gm & she loved Caylee, but from the moment Lee brought all of Caseys things back to the house, she did a complete turnaround. WHY?
Because she is protecting Casey. But I have a problem with LE when it comes to her........how can they not acuse the mother of interfering here. She puts up a road block on mostly everything. She should be charged with lying to LEO's too!

Now that Casey is a Suspect, it changes the subpoena power of LE. They probably already have those statements and receipt copies from the creditor. Whether CA reports KC or wishes to press charges or not, if the creditor knows there has been fradulent activity on the account, they have a fiduciary duty to mitigate the risk from the debtor.

could be true. They may have gotten a supeona inspite of her stonewalling. And they could very well be coming out into the trial or GJ soon.

Thanks, OakIce. :blowkiss:

Some WS'rs were gearing up to look up UPC info on items from available receipts over on cell/ping thread. And the discussion about some receipts being witheld prolly gen'd up a page worth of good posts on that thread too. It suggested to me there's enough of an interest to shine an intense spotlight on these receipts. We'll see...if it doesn't pan out I'll ask mods to merge into the Follow the Money thread(s). I took a quick look, and, what the posts I saw there were of a more general nature about the financials. I wouldn't wanta hi-jack that either, if the receipts thing needs some focus.

Let's give it a go, and see what happens. TIA for the suggestion!

I got it now. I was talking about the supposed release of donations ledgers. You are looking into the purchases, etc. Very good idea. You have my permission to carry on with your mission:doh:
With great respect and in awe of your intellect and posts,
Oak

Can LE subpoena those receipts, though? CA is not filing fraud charges against KC so those receipts aren't needed for the investigation. If they could somehow link those receipts to the other charges, they may be able to subpoena them, but it would be a stretch right now. They may have to charge KC with something more sinister before getting those receipts.

Even if Cindy isn't filing fraud/theft charges, I believe those receipts will help with the timeline from 6/15 to 7/15, so they are relevant for the investigation regarding Caylee. The timeline can certainly discredit Casey's claim that she was searching for Caylee. JMO

Sooo...please correct me if I've made an error...

7/8 12:03PM Target groceries $111.01

7/10 10:36PM Target clothes $137.77

7/10 12:04PM Target groceries $155.47

Enough descriptors on the receipts themselves to id items.

Maybe stating the obvious, but, I didn't see anything on these that would suggest she was doing anything unusual (e.g. stain removers, solvents, cleaning supplies, storage containers, etc.). By most accounts a disposal would have to have occurred <7/8 and this would all be done by now...these appear to be Casey-getting-on-with-her-life supplies.

Are these all the same Target store? Maybe there's an identifier on the receipt. If so, pretty bold to go back 1.5hrs later on 7/10 after the first visit. She was either wearing a diff outfit @ 12:04PM, or, just had another shirt over the black shirt she wore @ 10:36PM. Appeared to be wearing diff sunglasses (white vs. dark rimmed).

Even if Cindy isn't filing fraud/theft charges, I believe those receipts will help with the timeline from 6/15 to 7/15, so they are relevant for the investigation regarding Caylee. The timeline can certainly discredit Casey's claim that she was searching for Caylee. JMO
Ok I have been on "pings" forever so this is new to me. Anyone know if LE can get CA credit card records, bank records? I remember reading or hearing in the interviews someone saying that KC used credit cards, not cash. Really think that there might be trash bags etc on some receipts.

Yes LE can and I'm already sure have supoenad all credit card statements - I'm sure they were done through the companies NOT through the Anthony's - according to Cindy in the interview she had to the stones to tell the investigaters that she didn't bring the statments because she didn't feel there was anything in there - Cindy seems to forget she can't pick and choose what to give LE - if she doesn't produce it they'll get it through a subpeona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona