recent Hailey items

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently found an old statement on facebook that claims a person told a blog radio he had given Hailey Dunn and another person a ride on the day she went missing.

Has anyone heard the blog radio show? The show he said ws aired the day before he posted his 8/17/11 post.

I don't recall this, soul. Can you find the link possibly? TIA.

here we are 8-9 months later and the FBI poster still says kidnapping, although Chief Owens says that is a mistake-
http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/10/mistake-fbi-hailey-dunn-poster-causes-uproar
why no change back to missing?
Is it merely being left that way in order to be able to file federal charges if warranted?

Thanks for reposting that link, sre. It's a head scratcher for sure.
Seems like if we wonder why federal LE hasn't changed the description, we should first figure out where the 'confusion' initinally came from. Is local or federal LE not concerned about misinformation and misrepresentation of a case falling under their jurisdictions(s)?
Or is one more concerned than the other about accuracy? And if that's the case...why??

Food for thought, anyway.

It's like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...or not doing, eh?

It sure would be helpful if LE's could collaborate and lay out for once and for all to the public, the known facts about the case. Lay to rest all the 'rumors', conjecture, etc. that have been swirling since day one. I am not saying they need to share specifics/evidence that they may hold, that could be used in a prosecutive manner.
A clear, concise delivery of the facts known to them, that could possibly allow the public to lay aside all the carp and, in hope, be able to work together and not alienate LE, in order to ascertain where Hailey might be. Having allowed all the 'drama' to continue about her missing, without a definite delivery as to the precise state of the case, is imho disrespectful to Hailey.

I don't recall this, soul. Can you find the link possibly? TIA.

I cannot find the link the the blog radio because it didnt mention which national blog radio show ,and the link posted did not work.

The post doesnt show up on his profile so I cant link it . It does however show up on a profile I cannot post. The guy works for an oil company.

Did you know about the post ? It says something like ..

hey.. we made news last night on the national blog radio... said I gave u n Hailey a ride the day she dissappeared... Its on my wall

Take it as a rumor as it might be.

I'm not sure how the term statutory has anything to do with Hailey's case at this point? 'Statutory' as a conditional implies a statute, I believe. Federal statutes being enacted by Congress, state statutes by individual state legislatures.

I do think that the label of 'Kidnapping' (which was issued by the FBI in Hailey's case-so, federal) implies there may be potential evidence in the case that may point in the direction of future prosecution related to a federal statute.
Hope that makes sense?

In this situation statutory would involve the consent aspect. The point is that being kidnapped does not necessarily imply violence or coercion in the case of a minor, it might simply mean they went off with someone they knew.

In this situation statutory would involve the consent aspect. The point is that being kidnapped does not necessarily imply violence or coercion in the case of a minor, it might simply mean they went off with someone they knew.

Confused still about the association/implication here. :waitasec:

'Kidnapping' does imply a concurrent crime regarding a missing person, imvho.

Perhaps we are debating the same issue!

]It is any crime where no actual damage is incurred. [/b]So you don't have a victim but the law holds that whatever you did was wrong.

BBM:doesn't the definition of a crime(s)- implied, or commited- require a victim? And damage to a victim(s)?

It seems like Hailey's case has been portrayed as the epitome of a victimless crime, right from the getgo.
Which truthfully, makes no sense to me- because it seems evident that there are multiple contributing factors that increase the odds of her disappearance having an associated criminal element to it. :(

BBM:doesn't the definition of a crime(s)- implied, or commited- require a victim? And damage to a victim(s)?

It seems like Hailey's case has been portrayed as the epitome of a victimless crime, right from the getgo.
Which truthfully, makes no sense to me- because it seems evident that there are multiple contributing factors that increase the odds of her disappearance having an associated criminal element to it. :(

No. For example, if you jaywalked, you would be guilty of a crime. You might be ten miles from the nearest car, but you would still be guilty. The reason being that you have broken the rules. Proximity of a car is not a criteria.

Breaking the rules does not mean that you have damaged someone, in fact most crime does not involve any actual damage to anyone. Everyone committs crime, even 99.999% of the people on this board. They just don't see it as a big deal because it doesn't obviously impact on anyone, so in their mind it is OK, but that breaking of the rules is still a crime.

Confused still about the association/implication here. :waitasec:

'Kidnapping' does imply a concurrent crime regarding a missing person, imvho.

Perhaps we are debating the same issue!

You are confusing the act with the letter of the law. The law does not make a distiction however. The common use of "kidnapping" is the taking of someone without consent, but as far as the law is concerned a minor cannot consent, therefore taking them, even if they go willingly and with great enthusiasism, is kidnapping. The crux is the legal ability to consent, and minors simply do not have that.

I wouldn't waste time picking apart any statements made by members of the CCPD. It seems their definition of "detective working on the HD case; Officer in charge of saying "No thanks, we've got this.", when it is very clear that they have nothing at all and aren't even looking.

MOO

No. For example, if you jaywalked, you would be guilty of a crime. You might be ten miles from the nearest car, but you would still be guilty. The reason being that you have broken the rules. Proximity of a car is not a criteria.

Breaking the rules does not mean that you have damaged someone, in fact most crime does not involve any actual damage to anyone. Everyone committs crime, even 99.999% of the people on this board. They just don't see it as a big deal because it doesn't obviously impact on anyone, so in their mind it is OK, but that breaking of the rules is still a crime.

I fully understand what you're saying, but I think we're debating law vs. the spirit of the law vs. LE communication with the general public here.

Using your example of jaywalking:
Jaywalking refers to a traffic/pedestrian traffic safety issue. In places where there is a law, violation, or infraction associated with it, it is generally because stats tell us that the majority of pedestrian vs. vehicle fatalities occur outside of crosswalks. Who is the victim here?
The pedestrian who breaks the law and is hit by a vehicle? The driver of the vehicle who has accidentally killed someone? The line painting company who used substandard paint to mark the crosswalk? The electric company who provided power for the crosswalk signal? All of the above? How does one charge a dead person with a crime?

To me, the spirit of criminal law is based in public safety. And that has become more and more of a debate as knowledge of- and proof required of- specific victimologies has increased.

If I show up on a missing persons call, and LE tells me the subject was kidnapped...I do things a lot differently than if they tell me the subject ran away. Not because the person is necessarily in more or less danger- but because it implies both another person(s) involvement, as well as possible routes of travel, possible violence including coersion, a minor, or an adult without the ability to consent, etc. All of which formulate an initial search effort.

Words DO mean something. If LE has not managed in over a year and a half to change the federal database info on Hailey's case...then either Hailey is thought to have been kidnapped- or something is really wrong with the chain of command here, or the red tape is out of control. None of which are mutually exclusive.

MOO, of course.

The "victim" might not be the person who was "kidnapped", if they went willingly, it would be the parent or guardian (or society, if there was no one specific) responsible for the child.

But, there doesn't need to be a victim at all. The parents or guardian might not care at all, and under those circumstances they wouldn't be victims, but it would still be kidnapping, because the rules were broken.

The law is not about victims, that is not the criteria, it is about rules and breaking them.

I wouldn't waste time picking apart any statements made by members of the CCPD. It seems their definition of "detective working on the HD case; Officer in charge of saying "No thanks, we've got this.", when it is very clear that they have nothing at all and aren't even looking.

MOO

It will not be in CCPD's jurisdiction if it is a criminal case. The county or state would have jurisdiction, and their police forces are the county sherif and the texas rangers, respectively, so whatever CCPD is doing or whatever their opinion is, is irrelevant. They might know stuff we don't, and they might be "looking", but that is mostly for the benefit of local politicians who will want to be seen to be "taking charge" in the eyes of the people who elect them.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=507082

A body has been found in Albany, I doubt it has anything to do with Hailey. Albany is small and very rural, murders are rare. It's 97 miles east of Snyder. I don't recall any of Hailey's relatives having connections there but I could be mistaken, just thought I'd mention it. I wonder if any of Shawn's druggie/slasher-fan buddies are from Albany?

TGIR-interesting...Albany is just due east on 180-hmm hour & 1/2? Can't think offhand of a link to that specific town.
Body...or remains?
Some poor soul has been found.

TGIR-interesting...Albany is just due east on 180-hmm hour & 1/2? Can't think offhand of a link to that specific town.
Body...or remains?
Some poor soul has been found.

Yup, straight shot on hwy180 east from Snyder to Albany. Lots of farming and ranching, plenty of livestock tanks and abandoned buildings, wells, old septic tanks. Wish we knew more.

Texas Rangers got there quick, and on a Sunday/Father's Day. They wouldn't be there if it wasn't foul play. I doubt they'd rush out there on a holiday if it was a death from some clear cause like drowning or drunken brawl. Guess we'll just have to wait for whatever paltry press release they decide to give the media. No chance of investigative reporting here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare