Resemblance of McDuff and BSL

Who is GL referring to? is it the son of a victim?

While appearing on K-EYE News, a CBS affiliate in Austin, Rosenda Rios asked me why I am bringing more attention to Kenneth McDuff. That, too, is a fair question and the answer is equally simple: As someone who loves history, I have no choice, and all I can do is assure the people of Rosebud, and a little boy who no longer has his mother to raise him, that I will write history, not contribute to folklore, and that McDuff richly deserves the kind of attention I will give him.
http://www.garylavergne.com/rosebud.htm

Thats a very odd sentence... A little boy who no longer has his mother to raise him...

While appearing on K-EYE News, a CBS affiliate in Austin, Rosenda Rios asked me why I am bringing more attention to Kenneth McDuff. That, too, is a fair question and the answer is equally simple: As someone who loves history, I have no choice, and all I can do is assure the people of Rosebud, and a little boy who no longer has his mother to raise him, that I will write history, not contribute to folklore, and that McDuff richly deserves the kind of attention I will give him.

bbm dang I can read that as if he was speaking about BSL huh?

Yes, I believe so. (I happened on that a few days ago and that's what I came up with.)

bbm dang I can read that as if he was speaking about BSL huh?

It is not clear who he is talking about. My best guess is the son of a victim but you can read it that way.

Oh I know K.Jill he probably wasn't speaking of BSL but man one could go there cause my mind did even though I thought no way, that is just too easy. lol

Well, if the boy was the son of the rape victim, it could be bsl. It would explain why the mother didn't care to meet bsl.

Oh I know K.Jill he probably wasn't speaking of BSL but man one could go there cause my mind did even though I thought no way, that is just too easy. lol

I looked up his victims and only one mentions that she was the mother of two and pregnant with a third.

I will sleuth some more.

Melissa Northrop appears to be the only victim with children. She was married with 2 children and was 2 months pregnant when he abducted her. The husband raised the 2 kids.

So IMO GL was not talking about the son of a victim. I am surprised.

GL reffers to the little boy here as the son of a victim.
On GL's site he lists the victims. Melissa Northrop is the only one that mentions children. But I don't see how could be referring to her child.

One of the burdens of writing history is to assure the victory of history over its primary enemy – folklore. The Kenneth McDuff story is a case in point. The story, known all too well to the people of Rosebud, is one of profound sadness and horror. In some ways Rosebud is one of McDuff’s victims: writers, journalists, researchers, and TV news crews have come here because of Kenneth Allen McDuff, not because it is a nice little town populated by decent people. I can think of few things so unjust. The good people of Rosebud have a right to ask what the young son of one of McDuff’s victims asked me recently: "Why would someone want to write a book about Kenneth McDuff?" I wish my answer had not been so clumsy. (And this was the second time this had happened; Dr. Albert Lalonde of Austin asked me the same question about Charles Whitman, and I was equally clumsy.) I explained to the little boy that we know light exists only because there is darkness, and darkness exists only because there is light – one does not exist without the other. So it is with good and evil. We must study both. Good people must prevail over bad people; knowledge must prevail over ignorance; and history must prevail over folklore.

Hmmm. Now I gotta go look to see Theresa's age and if he had any other kids.

Check out this article from a 1992 Texas Monthly: http://www.texasmonthly.com/1992-08-01/feature-5.php

You have to register to read the full 5 page article, but it's free and easy to do so. Lots of great information. His "daughter's" (I did read somewhere that he denied she was his daughter) mother is stated to be a victim of KM in 1964, so that would put the daughter born in 1964 or 1965. So 13 when BL was born?? Not impossible, but not probable. That being said, I *think* this possible daughter could be living in Spring, TX now due to some searching I've done.

GL reffers to the little boy here as the son of a victim.
On GL's site he lists the victims. Melissa Northrop is the only one that mentions children. But I don't see how could be referring to her child.

One of the burdens of writing history is to assure the victory of history over its primary enemy – folklore. The Kenneth McDuff story is a case in point. The story, known all too well to the people of Rosebud, is one of profound sadness and horror. In some ways Rosebud is one of McDuff’s victims: writers, journalists, researchers, and TV news crews have come here because of Kenneth Allen McDuff, not because it is a nice little town populated by decent people. I can think of few things so unjust. The good people of Rosebud have a right to ask what the young son of one of McDuff’s victims asked me recently: "Why would someone want to write a book about Kenneth McDuff?" I wish my answer had not been so clumsy. (And this was the second time this had happened; Dr. Albert Lalonde of Austin asked me the same question about Charles Whitman, and I was equally clumsy.) I explained to the little boy that we know light exists only because there is darkness, and darkness exists only because there is light – one does not exist without the other. So it is with good and evil. We must study both. Good people must prevail over bad people; knowledge must prevail over ignorance; and history must prevail over folklore.

I bet you that there was one victim that did have a son, but the family wanted to keep the child out of the press to protect him.

That is what I was thinking...ok now riddle me this: GL's father was a cop, he was a school teacher, how did it come that BSL adoptive mother come to adopt him if he is McDuff's son? Especially since McDuff is from Texas.

Brandons adoptive mother is actually from Texas.

I cannot believe that someone she knew way back when she adopted him hasn't come out in the press and said anything either. Events like this all kinds of people come out and say, I knew them blah blah blah. A neighbor or someone...Wonder if it will come out in trial, or will the adoptive mother finally speak, write a book, and give details. This is like reading or watching a movie and the viewer or reader gets no ending. It just ends! ALA last episode of the Soprano's

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back