Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/04 In recess Computer Exp Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
From BK notes for today. JM will interview BN tomorrow. Nurmi demands to interview JM's IT expert. The latter's testimony is expected to last 1-2 hours.

JSS instructed JM to turn over DeMarte and Hayes' notes to DT by Monday. Nurmi accused JM of playing games with discovery. Not turning over State's tho the DT has been so forthcoming. (Really, he said that).

The witness list is sealed so the media can't intimidate the 11 wutnesses from testifying. Nurmi says he'll try to "reach out" to those witnesses. The 3 who won't testify will do the affidavits, per JSS.

Why does the judge at this point deserve so much latitude? This has nothing to do with the judge's disgust or lack thereof. What is fair about this trial now? Fair to whom? Are the lies promulgated by the defence team fair? Fairness has nothing to do with this clusterf$$$ of a trial, IMO. Fairness got left behind with justice a long time ago. The judge is a conductor and at this point if she were conducting an orchestra, there would be nothing but cacophony. Oh, wait....

Fairness went out the window to bias. Poor JSS has a re-election coming up don't you know.

JM will interview BN tomorrow? Why?

How is jm supposed to depose 11 witnesses during the trial? Ooh..That's right we have court only once a week.

Really hope a presiding judge, or better yet the judge who oversees jss literally reaches out to her and talks some sense into her. She needs a firm talking to. I honestly thought the coa ruling would give her the backbone she's been missing but alas, she has not grown that backbone yet. Somebody though surely will tell her shes let things things get grossly out of hand.

Wow, I just read BK's version of the end of the day . . . . Nurmi was mimicking Juan's voice to the judge.

We are in the weeds folks . . . and I don't mean the medicinal kind!

This is just beyond the pale. Seriously. What is defense trying to do? Get thrown off the case? Mistrial? Anger Juan so he loses his cool?

He was quite young I think last JA was around. Would he even remember her?

I have sons that still remember their babysitters from younger than he was and she was living with his father, for quite some time. This was him back in probably 2006 or so, so he'd be around 15 now. http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/117/0bfbf7c40138cf21f4dd782c06fe936a/l.jpg

http://crimeandcourtsnews.blogspot.ca/2013/04/jodi-arias-and-travis-alexander-mormon_20.html#.VIEH_cmgRF8
"Jodi Arias had been living with her boyfriend Darryl Brewer, 52, when she met Travis Alexander in September 2006, at a Pre Paid Legal Services convention. You may hear Darryl Brewer’s testimony from the Jodi Arias trial here (fast forward to 2:03:14).

Brewer stated he met Jodi Arias in the fall of 2001 when they worked together at the Ventana Inn in Big Sur, California. . Brewer is the father of a 14-year-old son and didn’t want to be seen on camera during the trial."

Although I want to see justice for Travis.. I just can't handle this trial anymore. all of the fun and games it seriously is a circus and I hate the circus. My heart aches for Travis' family having to live this over and over again.. But I am done.

And who knows, maybe she was the one who wanted to throw out the press and public so that SHE wouldn't be criticized for allowing the defense team to get away with these shenanigans.

Yeah...well...I'm not convinced anymore that JSS would go with no possibility of release some day. She has, it seems, taken allegiance with the murderer.

I am so sorry, Travis.

I think the possibility of JSS giving Jodi a shot at parole is remote. However, having said that, I am not 100% certain she would not. But I still think JSS should have enough good judgment left to know Jodi would be a serious danger to society should she ever walk out of jail a free woman no matter how old she might be. Although as of late the defense has been able to get her to follow them down the rabbit hole maybe they could in terms of giving her a shot at freedom?

I haven't seen any video of JSS in action, or rather inaction, during these proceedings but from the tweets she seems like a COMPLETELY different jurist than the last proceedings. Something seems completely "off" with her and I'm not sure what that could be. The last proceedings she was able to better manage the self created drama the defense tried to repeatedly to bring into the Courtroom. This time not so much.

I try to not make comparisons, kaRN, 'cos I don't want to offend anyone (although I confess to a couple of times where I couldn't hold my tongue) - but can you just imagine!!

I must say, I'm as shocked as you. I had a much different opinion of how the justice system worked here prior to this and the Florida fiasco trials. It is shameful that 6.5 yrs after Travis' brutal murder, and 1.5 yrs since guilty finding, there is still no sentence

Does anybody know anything about Tony and why the contents of his hard drive was sent to Juan?

Good question! I can't get past how much Donovan and BM look alike. Fraternal twins maybe.

probably in total if there was no good cause shown, i.e. if all these witnesses had always been known to the defense and nothing new was presented that put them at some actual legal disadvantage that would impact the right to a fair trial. The only place I practiced was in NY and there were lots of curmudgeonly judges who had NO problem ruling against anyone for anything-they weren't scared of appeals. Especially if an attorney was seen to be repeatedly abusing the system, judges would curtail their behavior by preclusion. I mean, attorneys ALWAYS manipulate the system and it's expected and attorneys indulge each other quite a bit with regard to extenions of time. But, honestly and seriously, this case is way beyond anything I've ever seen.

I really think this is way beyond any rational concern about appeals. Appeal are automatic. There is no protection from them. Appeals aren't the only concern. Proper administration of justice is an obligation too. I think the defense should be held to the case and witnesss they disclosed. They didn't need 14 witnesses in the first trial and if they felt they did in the second they had plenty of time to plan it. And there are easy actual bases to use on the merits to deny them too-I would imagine cummulative may be one. You don't have to be permitted to parade a multitude of witnesses who will all basically testify to the same mitigation, like she was nice to me kind of stuff. But I've kind of given up on this judge at this point. But I really think if she permits these witnesses and this *advertiser censored* stuff, the jury will be lost before a verdict. We've all seen how Nurmi can take a decade to elicit the simplest testimony. He will ensure this gets dragged on for months. He'll have new "experts" continue to challenge evidence from the already completed trial and relitigate that proceeding. I'm sure Jodi has no shortage of ideas for him. And the judge seems incapable of keeping this trial on track.

Thank you. You'd think there would be a process where someone steps in and takes control of this trial before the jurors are all gone through. It's unsettling to think the State of AZ would just stand idly by and let this trial go down the tubes. Of course, I guess the answer is JSS will just decide the killer's fate.

BBM

That is exactly how my teen's computer got over run with malaware---downloading free games. We tried spybot but eventually had to have a comp guy come wipe it clean because it was so over run with sexual images, like a hydra. Hundreds of images at a time by the end.

When the comp guy came and cleared it he told us that downloading games and films and music videos was very dangerous to do because of the *advertiser censored* viruses. Which was interesting because I originally assumed it came from my son going to *advertiser censored* sites, but the comp expert said NO, it is just as common on games/films to get the *advertiser censored* viruses.

Reminds me of the musical group with the boxes on their heads that Jodi said she saw Travis watching. I wonder if that was a lie?

BBM

That is exactly how my teen's computer got over run with malaware---downloading free games. We tried spybot but eventually had to have a comp guy come wipe it clean because it was so over run with sexual images, like a hydra. Hundreds of images at a time by the end.

When the comp guy came and cleared it he told us that downloading games and films and music videos was very dangerous to do because of the *advertiser censored* viruses. Which was interesting because I originally assumed it came from my son going to *advertiser censored* sites, but the comp expert said NO, it is just as common on games/films to get the *advertiser censored* viruses.

Gee, can we get him to testify?

I have two random thoughts...Actually one thought and one question.

My thought: I am listening to the TV talking about Charles Manson marrying some strange young woman. It struck me that case would probably not led to convictions if tried today in what appears to be a rapidly increasing legal landscape replete with a Big Top, circus music, clowns, sideshows and second rate magicians.

My Question for the Legal Minds on the Board: Isn't there some sort of limit as to how long a trial can go on? Even in a DP case? And isn't there a limit to the amount of money that can be spent on the state dime? And who decides which case gets these high level resources? What about the other folks on trial for murder? Using the "fairness" model, shouldn't every DP case take months to try and millions to cover it? How come I see case after case after case tried in a handful of weeks with sentences passed quickly thereafter? I don't get it. Is there some new standard that says if you can kill someone and get news coverage afterwards and get enough people talking about it..it then becomes "high profile" and you are then afforded more rights and resources than the "average" killer? Please educate me because this question is driving me slowly into quiet madness.

Wouldn't the HD 'Tony" used have to be factory new and use the exact same version of operating system before transferring anything from TA's on to it for it to reflect only what was on TA's HD? I'm not understanding how Tony's anything gets into this. It should be the DT's HD we're talking about here shouldn't it?

I believe the issue was that the DT, aka BN, was supposed to have returned TA's hd and didn't, whether by accident or as a stalling tactic we'll probably never know. The question, at least for me, is how do we know that BN, Tony, or the secret "expert" even did their tests on the right hd?

Am I the only one who thinks something may be wrong with the judge's health? Fanning legal papers at the bench, she looks so frazzled, I am just worried about her health and making it to the end of this trial through hell.

BN is furious that Juan discovered his deliberate alterations mistakes and is calling him on it. JMO

I wonder why he didn't want to say the name of the third guy who worked on it?
It was probably Gus Searcy...:giggle::laughcry::bombshell::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173