Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NancyGraceHLN: Hair comment from Mendez got sudden reaction from #JodiArias. She began talking to Willmott.

Ah yes. Her usual ploy - suddenly talk to Willmott to signal to the jury that what's being said is ridiculous/untrue. Really, Arias. Your rebellion is feeble. Reminds me of a couple of kids whispering and getting up to mischief when they've been told to sit quiet and behave. Who hasn't seen that. And who can't see it in Arias.

On Nancy Grace tonight, Nancy reports that whenever possible Arias holds up her hand to display her horribly bent/injured/victimofdomesticabuse finger for the jury to see

IMO that finger was injured when her knife got slippery with the blood of Travis and she knicked the tendon

Pics shortly before the murder show it appearing normal

Let's say hypothetically that giving your "three hole wonder" a job, a place to stay and a car was a form of emotional abuse anywhere on planet earth. How does that mitigate what she did that day? I am not even sure how he worked that out in his own head. Let's face it women like jodi are the epitome of "you can't turn a hoe into a housewife" Travis didn't invent that. You can't go slaughtering every man who treats you as a cutty buddy. Which planet is that foreman living on? ty

Travis didn't give her a car. Jodi begged to buy his old one when he got his Prius, and he sold it to her at a good price with payments (Jodi was having one car repoed) around two hundred bucks a month. Jodi brought two car payments with her when she stealthed her way to Mesa. Many think that was one of her "reason" to drop by Travis's. Along with he cd of photos that wouldn't load and Travis spun her around and had anal sex with her. Anyway, Jodi trashed Travis's car when she was leaving for Yreka, and had the nerve to ask Detective Flores if the checks that she gave Travis had been deposited. Oh, when Jodi was on the stand last year she said Travis unloaded the car on her, She was again the poor victim

Aylce LaViolette said "why yes when she holds it a certain way. That has always stuck with me. I think Jodi is double jointed and can manipulate it at will.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · now

Nurmi is still arguing for a mistrial about a telephone call that Juan wants to use. It was from 4/28. #JodiArias

---------

From DGC: They'll be putting the needle in CMJA's arm and Nurmi will still be arguing for a mistrial . . . :gaah:

Warden: Do you have any final words?
Nurmi: We move for a mistrial.
Warden: Mr. Nurmi, for the last time. I am addressing the prisoner.

I finally got to the end! Thanks for the tweets and comments from this afternoon when I couldn't be here.

My interest is in the Heliophone. There was mention there is another call on it. I wonder what that call is about. Is it a call with Travis that shines some light on their relationship?

I hope Juan gets to present that call since the defense did not turn the phone over to the prosecution (and didn't have to). I wonder how Juan knows about the other call???
Ordinarily, data on phones, cameras, computers, etc. is copied or "mirrored", and a copy supplied to both defense and prosecution. That way, the original data is kept safe and untouched, and always available to make more copies. So, Juan wouldn't need the actual phone to know what calls were on it. There's mention - somewhere in the tweets - of a CD with the calls on it.

@monicalindstrom: Call me crazy, but a sexually active woman carrying condoms or other birth control just indicates intelligence @TrialDiariesJ #JodiArias

I think it goes a long way to establishing the mindset of a killer who just butchered the man she professed to "love". Not at all grief-stricken, but ready for her next conquest.

Travis didn't give her a car. Jodi begged to buy his old one when he got his Prius, and he sold it to her at a good price with payments (Jodi was having one car repoed) around two hundred bucks a month. Jodi brought two car payments with her when she stealthed her way to Mesa. Many think that was one of her "reason" to drop by Travis's. Along with he cd of photos that wouldn't load and Travis spun her around and had anal sex with her. Anyway, Jodi trashed Travis's car when she was leaving for Yreka, and had the nerve to ask Detective Flores if the checks that she gave Travis had been deposited. Oh, when Jodi was on the stand last year she said Travis unloaded the car on her, She was again the poor victim

Sorry my OP didn't intend to imply TA gave JA a car free and clear. I was simply implying by her own admission that he was a nice enough guy to help her out since she clearly wouldn't be able to finance a car with a fresh repo. n

Sorry my OP didn't intend to imply TA gave JA a car free and clear. I was simply implying by her own admission that he was a nice enough guy to help her out since she clearly wouldn't be able to finance a car with a fresh repo. n

OH I know, many may not. IIRC Jodi said Travis palmed the car off on her.

She was trashing Travis in every way she could.

I wish info on where exactly she dyed her hair would come out and interviews w/the salon people. JMO
IMO, they probably don't remember. She didn't live there so she wasn't a regular. It wasn't anywhere near the murder where this would've been on the news and/or time had passed. She paid cash so there's no electronic footprint. I don't even think she ever said the name of the place. I could be wrong about this last thought.

Still working my way through today's posts. Lots of people wondering about how the jury feels and what they think looking at the autopsy photos and hearing Travis' wounds described. My guess: Didn't the first jury see this evidence?

Why are tweets posted on sidebar thread as well as this one? There are more there. I thought this was the thread the mods told us to use during resentencing.

I didn't read anywhere that we had to only post tweets here (but there is always so much to read and/or remember and my brain doesn't always retain all of it). I am posting only the running commentary from Huffington Post at the sidebar, which is a very good. summary. We have some friends there with limited bandwidth, who also lost HLN where they could at least read the ticker updates on the thread, and that makes it easier for them to pop in occasionally and be caught up quickly with the basics, and not have to scroll through the discussion posts. Other tweets being posted there seem to have the same info posted here, as far as I have followed to this point. Not completely sure about that, tho.

Unfortunately, since Apple update 8.0 my ability to copy/paste and type is limited, and I often lose the thread when I switch between pages. Then I have to go to HuffPo, recopy, hope I can repaste within 5-40 (no exaggeration!) attempts to get the Paste popup to stay on the screen. Tiny improvements from 8.0.1 and 8.0.3 and now 8.1, but they haven't fixed the typing and copy/paste problem for me (old iPad2). Otherwise, I would be willing to post at both Sidebar and here.

If someone wants to post the Huffington Post updates, feel free to copy/paste from Sidebar or they are found here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...tes_n_6017492.html?1413906964#8_juan-martinez

Sure hope this explains why they are being put on Sidbar and not here (at least by me)

Watching the interogation tape... Isn't it funny how Travis, the suppose sex fiend, deleted all the sexual pictures they took from his computers and phones etc.. But Jodi, the shy vulnerable woman who went along with it all, is the one who actually KEPT the pictures?

If I did something degrading or something that I didn't want to do, I wouldn't keep them!

I am glad Juan is removing any shock value Nurmi would have had in presenting them and Jodi would have delighted in, but the sex tape is still coming. I'm dreading hearing that again.

What irks me about the sex tape is the defense put Travis's words up on the screen to read...Jodi's words need to be UP THERE on the screen too. It's hard to understand everything she says. She's the one who called him and started this conversation, knowing she was taping it to blackmail him. Let's SEE HER WORDS ON THE BIG SCREEN!

Juan is the bestest prosecutor :loveyou:

Juan has learned from the last trial and has fine-tuned his techniques. It's a great idea for him to deal with the sex stuff openly and get it out of the way. All this sex talk is neither shocking nor relevant to the matter at hand. I hope Juan makes it very clear to the jury that manipulating a person with sex and then crying 'abuse!' is the oldest trick in the book. The jury should be warned that their intelligence is being insulted when the Defense would rather talk 'dirty' in order to 'shock and distract' them rather than deal with the fact that Arias butchered an innocent man to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?