Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Peeps. . . . I'm taking a seat up close today so I can see and hear clearly. Seems everytime I get here there are big heads blocking my view, white noise in my ears, and only these little screens with people putting up a few words about what they thought they heard and saw.

Whoa! Hold on there. I didn't say it was defensible, only that it didn't get invented with the Arias case/trial and it's been going on for the decades I've watched trials. Since that strategy (of smearing the victim and insinuating all kinds of terrible things) continues to occur in many murder trials I can only surmise that it's not illegal to do it, I'm not saying it's right in any way or ok to do so. I find it disgusting, personally.

It doesn't work on me and it doesn't work on lots of jurors either. It didn't work in THIS case because the jury convicted her of first degree premeditated murder. And while it may be painful to contemplate, just because a jury can sentence a murderer to death, doesn't mean any jury will do so -- that part is always the biggest unknown, even if zero smearing of the victim is done. It's always a crapshoot when it comes down to LWOP vs DP.

The outrage needs to be channeled into changing laws, for it is only through legislative changes in the laws that provide the ground rules of the courts that such a technique can be corralled.

Aw Maddy, you're just to darn logical! ;) Great post!

:seeya: If Dr. F. has any sense at all, she will confine her answers to "Yes' and 'No' today. I'm not betting on it though, 'cos she doesn't have any sense, thank goodness. :juanettes:

I would expect her to tone it down a bit today, but then I'm not in her head, and I'll only go in there if I absolutely have to.

@TrialDiariesJ: Most of the jury is dressed up today...did I miss something? Lol #jodiarias

Their self esteem has improved since Juan took over the courtroom. They have, for a moment, moved out of the garbage dump.

OMG, seriously, this witness couldn't have chosen any other words! This witness is just, ah hell, I got nothing! It's to early to get this angry about this person! God bless Travis and his family! Thank God for people like Juan Martinez, the ones who go after the truth!

She used that particular word intentionally. Travis was murdered? So what? Poor Jodi though. She was abused.

Same thing with ALV. She had the nerve to tell the jury that Arias was the DV victim although it was Travis who was tortured to death.

Good morning everyone!

The backlash of having such a poorly educated defense witness has been baking my noodle since yesterday. I get that their client is pretty indefensible, and they have little to work with. I get that they have to reach as far and as hard as they can to come up with any shred of mitigating factor. I do. She's the worst.

But still... you have two options here: One, give your witness the good, the bad, and the ugly, and do the best you can with that. Then at least, when that witness is crossed they can seek comfort in the fact that they were TRUSTED with all the information, and while the cross may not be Juanderful for them, they don't have to resort to attitude as their only defense.

OR! Two, you can provide them with limited and edited information, so that when they are crossed (by Juan Martinez, for goodness sake!) they are blasted with so much more than they were given that they have no choice but to defend themselves with attitude. Making both the witness, and therefore the DT, and the defendant look foolish, sneaky, untrustworthy, and all around awful.

All they are doing is shining a bright light to show the empty space where mitigators should be. It's pitiful (though marvelous to watch JM clean up!).

She used that particular word intentionally. Travis was murdered? So what? Poor Jodi though. She was abused.

Same thing with ALV. She had the nerve to tell the jury that Arias was the DV victim although it was Travis who was tortured to death.

Yep, she's trying to establish some kind of equivalence, at least subconsciously, in the minds of the jurors. Hopefully their moral compass steers them clear of that conclusion.

@TrialDiariesJ: Most of the jury is dressed up today...did I miss something? Lol #jodiarias

A subliminal show of respect for Juan? (and the Court - hint, hint, DT.) Are these our DP jurors perhaps?

I actually converted the time between when JA and TA started dating to when they broke up. :facepalm: This is how INVESTED I am in this trial. I want to see Travis' family finally get justice, and Jodi sent to PERRYVILLE.

The total number of days between Friday, February 2nd, 2007 and Friday, June 29th, 2007 is 147 days.

This is equal to 4 months and 27 days.
Travis Alexander/Jodi Arias Timeline
Sept Las Vegas, NV Travis' sister, Tanisha Sorenson, says Travis and Jodi meet at conference

Nov 26 Tanisha says Travis baptizes Jodi into Mormonism

Feb 2 Travis and Jodi begin dating (If you believe Jodi)

June Jodi finds texts from another girl on Travis' phone

June 29 Travis and Jodi break up

July Jodi moves to Mesa, AZ to be closer to Travis

Dec Travis begins dating another girl (conflicting reports: July or Dec)

Travis' tires slashed. Travis and girlfriend notice Jodi following them. New girlfriend received email from John Doe.

Jan 8 Text (J to T) "Ahhh!! I fell asleep! But to answer your question, yes I want to grind you. And I want to be LOUD. And I want to give you a nice, warm "mouth hug" too :)"

Read the rest of the dates below:

http://jodiariasfacts.blogspot.com/p/timeline-of-events.html

Madeline...we agree about channeling the outrage to get legislation changed. I'd like to think that state bars could and will discipline their own, but after Baez I know better.

You know, I suspect Fonseca is just as much a sexist as ALV, and that would explain the direction of her bias, but if she is a radical feminist then playing the victim only goes so far before it becomes hypocritical. For her to use that term, in this case has got to be highly offensive to anyone not as blindly one-sided as her, and that includes the jury, most likely. It's a pretty disgusting reference to make in this trial.

I think women like Dr F and ALV have made a career of taking down men. Notches on their bedposts. They are an embarrassment to sane women.

I actually converted the time between when JA and TA started dating to when they broke up. :facepalm: This is how INVESTED I am in this trial. I want to see Travis' family finally get justice, and Jodi sent to PERRYVILLE.

The total number of days between Friday, February 2nd, 2007 and Friday, June 29th, 2007 is 147 days.

This is equal to 4 months and 27 days.
Travis Alexander/Jodi Arias Timeline
Sept Las Vegas, NV Travis' sister, Tanisha Sorenson, says Travis and Jodi meet at conference

Nov 26 Tanisha says Travis baptizes Jodi into Mormonism

Feb 2 Travis and Jodi begin dating (If you believe Jodi)

June Jodi finds texts from another girl on Travis' phone

June 29 Travis and Jodi break up

July Jodi moves to Mesa, AZ to be closer to Travis

Dec Travis begins dating another girl (conflicting reports: July or Dec)

Travis' tires slashed. Travis and girlfriend notice Jodi following them. New girlfriend received email from John Doe.

Jan 8 Text (J to T) "Ahhh!! I fell asleep! But to answer your question, yes I want to grind you. And I want to be LOUD. And I want to give you a nice, warm "mouth hug" too :)"

Read the rest of the dates below:

http://jodiariasfacts.blogspot.com/p/timeline-of-events.html

Interesting, Dmacky. Five months? Travis lived some 370+ months. Perspective...

I think women like Dr F and AVL have made a career of taking down men. Notches on their bedposts. They are an embarrassment to sane women.

They are an embarrassment to feminism, not just to women.

Juan will no doubt make sure this jury understands exactly who the victim in the case was. People are not that stupid and even if they are, he will spell it out for them. Now, that said, that doesn't mean they absolutely will vote for the DP. It's not a slam dunk. I could easily envision the jury not making a unanimous decision, at which point it will be up to the judge to sentence her (likely LWOP versus LWPP). I think that's what I'm actually expecting, at which point I'll think this whole phase was truly a complete waste of time and money. But we'll see. I already know she's going to Perryville, it's not like it's a mystery.

:drumroll:

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

In the #JodiArias coutroom for more action.

Nurmi is reclinated and listening to other cases/candy crushin'. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 3m3 minutes ago
In the #JodiArias coutroom for more action. Nurmi is reclinated and listening to other cases/candy crushin'. #JodiArias

I think women like Dr F and AVL have made a career of taking down men. Notches on their bedposts. They are an embarrassment to sane women.

that's sad because in the beginning feminism did not automatically = hating men

If the sexes were reversed . . . and Travis violently murdered Jodi - would we be looking @ her sexual proclivities? Would we be wondering if she was a pedofile? Would we have the same defense of the perpetrator? Would we be blaming the victim for getting herself brutally murdered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA