Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 2m2 minutes ago
playing a game while we wait for #JodiArias -- it's called which rule will Nurmi accuse us of breaking today?

Questions for AZL:
- Have you ever seen an expert witness who was more poorly prepared than this? In addition to the DT only giving her one side of the story, why would they not prepare her for what Juan might throw at her? Even though I believe she said she researched info for the trial on the internet (!!!), she acted like she was seeing everything that was bad news for the first time.
- Can you imagine any jury that will be more tuned out than these people are likely to be during re-direct? KN went on for days and it has all been exposed as a pack of lies, so how can they possibly care how he tries to rehabilitate Dr F? If I was a juror, I'd be tempted to submit this question: "Why are we still here?"

Good Morning Folks!! :seeya:

The sexual expert witness does not want to discuss the sexual aspect of the the relationship, but only the dynamics of it:thinking:. What is she talking about?? Dynamics of this relationship is of a sexual nature and the crux of matter as DT is hell bent on making Travis appear as a sexual deviant. pfffft. . . . :sigh: :pullhair:

oops posted on the Sidebar accidentally--wanted to say I just tweeted Hope4More's pedo analysis from the timeline thread. While people are waiting, a little light reading to support the Defense expert testimony that Travis was NOT a pedophile. :D Karma.

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan is gearing up Dan Freeman's testimony...this time it's him crossing #jodiairas #3tvarias

But there are two sides to feminism, legal and social. They are interdependent to a degree, but there are feminists who focus primary on one or the other. ALV and Fonseca focus on the social side, and have a radical attitude based on anger, and they don't seek equality, they seek revenge.

They won't impact anyone outside of this particular trial. No one is going to cite either "expert" as a reason to treat women in a different way than before. Neither one has done a thing to feminism. They're trying to slime this one guy, the victim. But it's not working IMO.

I don't work for a couple of hours today so got my shower in, dressed, makeup, ready to sit and tweet/post with the rest of yous. :seeya:

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 2m2 minutes ago

playing a game while we wait for #JodiArias --

it's called which rule will Nurmi accuse us of breaking today?

:hilarious: . . . :floorlaugh:

:gaah: No doubt, there will be a Sidebar immediately because Nurmi will be po'd about something !

@TrialDiariesJ: Looks like Nurmi is surfing Twitter and Juan is going through his files #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan is gearing up Dan Freeman's testimony...this time it's him crossing #jodiairas #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: We are waiting on #jodiairas and the Judge #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: We are waiting on #jodiairas and the Judge #3tvarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

TA fam and support team are seated.

Juan just entered with black suit salmony tie. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

Willmott is standing and candy crushin'. Has on a black and white polkadot jacket. Not a fan of this ensemble. #JodiArias

Good Morning Folks!! :seeya:

The sexual expert witness does not want to discuss the sexual aspect of the the relationship, but only the dynamics of it:thinking:. What is she talking about?? Dynamics of this relationship is of a sexual nature and the crux of matter as DT is hell bent on making Travis appear as a sexual deviant. pfffft. . . . :sigh: :pullhair:

Right, her attempted fancy way of skirting the issues. Like there are not "dynamics" in a sexual relationship? Parsing words. Their ENTIRE relationship was SEXUAL DYNAMICS for God's sake!

But there are two sides to feminism, legal and social. They are interdependent to a degree, but there are feminists who focus primary on one or the other. ALV and Fonseca focus on the social side, and have a radical attitude based on anger, and they don't seek equality, they seek revenge.

Nah. Not revenge. They just are incapable of seeing men as individuals. Their theories are over generalized, sloppy and biased as a result.

Questions for AZL:
- Have you ever seen an expert witness who was more poorly prepared than this? In addition to the DT only giving her one side of the story, why would they not prepare her for what Juan might throw at her? Even though I believe she said she researched info for the trial on the internet (!!!), she acted like she was seeing everything that was bad news for the first time.
- Can you imagine any jury that will be more tuned out than these people are likely to be during re-direct? KN went on for days and it has all been exposed as a pack of lies, so how can they possibly care how he tries to rehabilitate Dr F? If I was a juror, I'd be tempted to submit this question: "Why are we still here?"

Dr. F is not the most poorly prepared expert I've seen, but she comes close. I don't understand why the DT doesn't anticipate how things are likely to go over with the jury. Maybe because they only need to snag one juror?

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 3m3 minutes ago
It seems prosecution is going to show us some testimony this morning from first trial. Martinez and bailiff and getting ready. #JodiArias

I think JM is marvelous, but there are times he gets answers he does not expect and there are times he does go down rat holes in pursuit. I saw it during the main trial last year. Sometimes he's like a pitbull with a bone and he's not giving up, even when it might be best to move on because he's not going to get the witness to answer or answer in the way he wants. So that one part of Juror13's assessment I disagree with. However, again, I think Juan's marvelous and I'm a fan.

And if I ever had to be questioned by him (regardless of what side I was called by), I'd for sure be donning a pair of Depends and he'd probably have me confessing to untold crimes, even ones in which I never heard of the victim(s).

Juan's huge advantage is that he knows one thing for sure - that whatever defense witnesses say is it's going to be nothing more than speculation, conjecture or an outright lie spoon-fed by Arias and regurgitated on the stand. Couple this with his remarkable memory of facts and prior testimony, and amazing ability to think on his feet, and he knows up front that there's nothing they can say that he can't rebut. The worst case scenario is that they might disrupt the flow of his narrative. And yes, at times they manage to this, but ultimately it has little to zero impact, and more often than not reveals the bias of the witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama