Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of ALV, what happened to that "law of attraction" malarkey that was such a fixture last time? How does DrF explain the absence of JA's noting in her journals pivotal "TA abuse" events like the pedo pic, damaged finger, etc?

She couldn't have possibly read it sometime after 8, when the courthouse opens for business. #TIMESUCK!

I think women like Dr F and AVL have made a career of taking down men. Notches on their bedposts. They are an embarrassment to sane women.

I'm not embarrassed. I'm disgusted. And a proud feminist. She doesn't represent anyone other than herself, and certainly doesn't speak for me.

They are an embarrassment to feminism, not just to women.

They're hired guns, and like all hired guns in trials, they will and do tailor their testimony to benefit the side that is paying the $$$ for them. Feminism isn't impacted at all by their testimony in this trial, IMO. No laws are being changed to take away women's rights, which is what feminism (the right to be treated equally under the law and be able to make choices) is about. My salary will not be impacted by what they say on the stand, my rights under the laws of my state or the laws of the U.S. not impacted either.

:tyou: for that timeline, Dmacky. You have filled in a lot of blanks for me.

Didn't know we started at 9.45. Thank god I made it home

She couldn't have possibly read it sometime after 8, when the courthouse opens for business. #TIMESUCK!

Evidence does not leave the courtroom until it is released to the jury.

Speaking of ALV, what happened to that "law of attraction" malarkey that was such a fixture last time? How does DrF explain the absence of JA's noting in her journals pivotal "TA abuse" events like the pedo pic, damaged finger, etc?

Was she asked any questions relating to those things? If not, then it wouldn't be the fixture in this phase it was in the main trial.

While we are :waiting: :waiting::waiting:

~Breakfast Report~ from WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 3s 3 seconds ago

I stopped at a gas station and had a jimmy dean sausage biscuit.
A better decision could have been made. #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

I hear a ton of laughter coming from the room where the TA crew is. #JodiArias

:great:

ETA: Sorry -- I hit the wrong smiley and replaced it !

If the sexes were reversed . . . and Travis violently murdered Jodi - would we be looking @ her sexual proclivities? Would we be wondering if she was a pedofile? Would we have the same defense of the perpetrator? Would we be blaming the victim for getting herself brutally murdered?

Sadly, yes. Victims are smeared, regardless of gender, and in case it's not obvious, NO that's NOT RIGHT to do that!

It happens to rape victims, it happens to murder victims, it happens all the time. In the case of children being murdered by a stranger or acquaintance (i.e. not the parents), the parents often are trashed. Victim bashing is unfortunately alive and well.

There was a murder case in my town that got quite large. The victim, a mother of 2 small children, who was murdered by her husband, was made out to be the biggest town *advertiser censored* because she had an affair the first year of her 8 yr marriage and had a 1 night drunken interlude 3 yrs before she was murdered. Not great, but not a good excuse for being murdered either. The defense slimed her even before the trial started, through various channels including motions.

While we are :waiting: :waiting::waiting:

~Breakfast Report~ from WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 3s 3 seconds ago

I stopped at a gas station and had a jimmy dean sausage biscuit.
A better decision could have been made. #JodiArias

Ha ha . . . I just had the same thing so I could hurry and eat and take my seat.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/29/jodi-arias-takes-witness-stand

HLN describes JA's testimony about Bobby and her father's one "abuse" episode in which she claims she was grounded until 18 for skipping school so she could study for an exam. One of the many oddities about JA for me was that she didn't even get a GED until she was jailed and forced to attend the class by AZ law iirc. Her lack of even a GED impacted her job options and future hopes, so what was it about her that prevented her from obtaining one much earlier?

Sadly, yes. Victims are smeared, regardless of gender, and in case it's not obvious (NO that's NOT RIGHT). There was a murder case in my town that got quite large. The victim, a mother of 2 small children, who was murdered by her husband, was made out to be the biggest town *advertiser censored* because she had an affair the first year of her 8 yr marriage and had a 1 night drunken interlude 3 yrs before she was murdered. The defense slimed her even before the trial started, through various channels including motions.

Dominique Dunn, Jennifer Levin...

They're hired guns, and like all hired guns in trials, they will and do tailor their testimony to benefit the side that is paying the $$$ for them. Feminism isn't impacted at all by their testimony in this trial, IMO. No laws are being changed to take away women's rights, which is what feminism (the right to be treated equally under the law and be able to make choices) is about. My salary will not be impacted by what they say on the stand, my rights under the laws of my state or the laws of the U.S. not impacted either.

But there are two sides to feminism, legal and social. They are interdependent to a degree, but there are feminists who focus primary on one or the other. ALV and Fonseca focus on the social side, and have a radical attitude based on anger, and they don't seek equality, they seek revenge.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/29/jodi-arias-takes-witness-stand

HLN describes JA's testimony about Bobby and her father's one "abuse" episode in which she claims she was grounded until 18 for skipping school so she could study for an exam. One of the many oddities about JA for me was that she didn't even get a GED until she was jailed and forced to attend the class by AZ law iirc. Her lack of even a GED impacted her job options and future hopes, so what was it about her that prevented her from obtaining one much earlier?

She used manipulation in place of education.

Was she asked any questions relating to those things? If not, then it wouldn't be the fixture in this phase it was in the main trial.

She was asked. She said just because she didn't write it down doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21