Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning, can only imagine what the heck may "bombshell" this morning.

The real bombshell would be for it to be like a typical day in a real court, with a witness testifying and everything. (....?). Nah.

@WildAboutTrial: Willmott and Maria are here as is Bob Geffner seated at the back defense table. I guess Bob will be next on the standular region. #JodiArias

Now we know the defenses strategy for delays today: water spills!

If the judge doesn't force KN to continue this morning, she might as well simplify things and say, "We will remain in recess until such time as Mr N notifies the court he is willing to continue," since that's obviously the truth of the matter.

Good one! How many times has this Judge said 'no delays' and 'call your witnesses out of order' only to have secret sidebar chats and do the exact opposite! I don't want to bring up the other case again but Judge Perry was quick and methodical in dealing with motions. He was brilliant in his understanding of the Law. This Judge will ask for a few days to consider almost any motion--no matter how frivolous.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 8m 8 minutes ago

Willmott and Maria are here as is Bob Geffner seated at the back defense table.

I guess Bob will be next on the standular region. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

I didn't have breakfast. I knew I shoulda stopped by the café downstairs and gotten a few slices of pizza. Stomach growling :/ #JodiArias

No way........there's a........WITNESS in the courtroom???!!! :gasp::bombshell::bombshell::bombshell:

Perry was all bark and absolutely no bite or follow through on his threats. Stephens has no bark or bite. Neither were effective in the end in controlling their court or the case at hand.

JSS has to get this trial moving this week. It's ridiculous that such little progress has been made.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Geffner is chilling at the back table reading over a few things.

I assume a manual on proper water holding techniques #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

Willmott and Maria have been up at the stapler lady for the last 15 mins.

The swingline is heard. Must be lots o' evidence coming #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 27s 27 seconds ago

Nurmi is here, light medium tapioca suit. He is reclinated and reading something. #JodiArias

This morning my p.c. security blocked an intrusion from phoenixprivatedetective.blogspot.com characterizing this as a web attack fake offer 23. The attacker URL: latest-spybot-search-destroy-fully.html The attacker p.c.: harddownloadfree.blogspot.com/2014/3/

Hmmm.

Wow, I didn't know malware could be hosted on Blogspot (or any blog site), I thought they all stripped code of that nature. Very concerning.

Geffner testified that DeMarte's conclusions were flawed and inaccurate.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/01/jodi-arias-closing-argume_n_3192388.html

Quote regarding Geffner,from article linked above. I hope this is ok to do.

Geffner testified that DeMarte's conclusions were flawed and inaccurate.

He later worked to discount previous testimony from a prosecution witness, Dr. Kevin Horn, a Maricopa County medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Alexander. Horn had told jurors that the gunshot wound to Alexander's head would have rendered him unconscious and unable to defend himself.

Alexander suffered nearly 30 knife wounds, was shot in the forehead and had his throat slit. Arias said that Alexander attacked her on the day of his death. She said she ran into his closet to retrieve a gun, and then shot him. She testified that he kept coming after her, and despite claiming to have no recollection of what happened next, Arias acknowledged that she must have then stabbed him repeatedly.

Based on the defensive wounds on Alexander's hands, Horn said Arias' version of events would be impossible, given Alexander would have already been dead or dying before she stabbed him.

On Wednesday, Geffner, who has also studied neuropsychology, said the gunshot wound "would disorient the person" but not render them unconscious.

As testimony dragged late into the evening, prosecutor Juan Martinez recalled Horn to the witness stand.

The medical examiner stood by his previous testimony, explaining Alexander "would have collapsed to the ground and been unresponsive" within a few seconds of being shot.

Later Wednesday evening, forensic neuropsychologist Jill Hayes was called to testify as a prosecution witness to bolster DeMarte's findings and discount Geffner's testimony.

Remind me, why does Geffner sound familiar?

He was the least aggravating of the three Defense experts last time around. A Judge in a previous case had called Geffner a 'hired gun.'
Geffner, the clinical psychologist, argued that Travis would not have been incapacitated after the gun-shot to the head. It was funny to see him argue against the medical examiner's findings.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 14s 14 seconds ago

Juan just breezed by, also wearing a light tapioca suit.

TA family/supporters taking their seats now. #JodiArias

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

@CourtChatterTV: Our Legal Anilyst @jeffgoldesq and @thegoldpatrol have posted a new update on #JodiArias http://t.co/WNnhiTL4WU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't believe they've brought geffner back.....I'm just waiting for another spill moment...

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Geffner is chilling at the back table reading over a few things.

I assume a manual on proper water holding techniques #JodiArias

JM's custom "water-boarding" technique will likely be a factor this time too.....

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan is here in light grey suit and royal blue tie with Detective Flores by his side #juantiereport #jodiarias #3tvarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA