Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. I am a bit depressed, thinking this will be a day of a big sidebar, the jury will be sent home, and the judge will announce they are having a closed hearing to hash this out. That is all that happens in this trial.

Regarding *advertiser censored* on the computer.... Remember during her original trial, there were a couple of us using an IPad and every time we logged onto Websleuths a page of *advertiser censored* in red and black would pop up. Horrible, horrible images for me, an old lady. I complained to WS, so did some others. It was not the fault of WS but I guess it was a Trojan? Anyway, they did some work and it has never happened since. Those images are stored in my mind, sort of like the image of Darryl Brewer's private part...the one Jodi said is really Travis. Of course I know what it is, but I felt my entire home was invaded. Ugh. So I am not concerned that Juan and Nurmi already know all this. Nurmi only wanted to make sure to cause a media uproar and hopefully one juror reads about it and has a doubt in their mind.

In any case, it saddens me that a man sworn to uphold the law would stoop so low for a known killer. This tells me volumes about his character. I hope he crashes and burns in short order.

Does anyone else think it would be helpful to have a separate thread dedicated to timelines, key evidence, and motions? I know I do. I keep having to do redundant research......

Thats a good idea Hope. Especially as the trial goes on. Sure to be a lot of comments in general, plus those doing research of the case. I am ready to read Juan's response to Nurmis motion. Someone should be posting it by noon Eastern time I hope. :)

Btw, in the legal thread, AZlawyer posted around midnight that if this is all proven to be false, all that will happen is Nurmiwill say "Oops. Sorry.". I am sure she is right. Makes me sick.

It is likely this motion will fall flat, but even in the unlikely event something was done by LE on purpose, I dont believe it always means that JA would get to go free.

Below is an example of someone that was already convicted and a new trial was ordered. So at least in this example, it appears double jeapordy did not come into play and a new trial was ordered.

http://www.indianafederaldefender.org/about-us/press/prosecutorial-conduct-results-in-new-trial/

It is true that Killer going free is not a certainty but that is only part of the issue--albeit a huge part. I never like hearing that LE and/or prosecutors are involved in unethical behaviors. It is bad enough that our system does not require the defense to be honorable and above board and to prove any allegations of wrongdoing. I would like to see that changed, but allowing the other side to be held to a lower level of accountability helps no one. Citizens should be outraged and speak up about either side resorting to sleazy or deceptive activity. Our system is supposed to be about getting to the truth.

If anyone involved this case is guilty of anything illegal or unethical, there needs to be consequences.

It is true that Killer going free is not a certainty but that is only part of the issue--albeit a huge part part. I never like hearing that LE and/or prosecutors are involved in unethical behaviors. It is bad enough that our system does not require the defense to be honorable and above board and to prove any allegations of wrongdoing on the part of anyone other than their client. I would like to see that changed, but allowing the other side to be held to a lower level of accountability helps no one. Citizens should be outraged and speak up about either side resorting to sleazy or deceptive activity. Our system is supposed to be about getting to the truth.

If anyone involved this case is guilty of anything illegal or unethical, there needs to be consequences.

Correct. But it will be proven to be false. And Nurmis head won't roll

Correct. But it will be proven to be false. And Nurmis head won't roll

I know. It should, though.

I was responding to a post hypothesizing that if LE or the prosecutor did something on purpose...

I know it really is sad to see this case drawn out over and over again.. But I still look to Appeals. All those DENIED rulings after trial will make it worth it. As Katie has shown us what can happen in the appeals process and the horror and torture her family has been though. Since JSS is really giving them a chance to try everything, I believe the verdict will stand and that will be that. I think more people believe she should get death than not.

I just have to believe justice will prevail.

Wasn't there a check Jodi delivered to Travis that same day of the murder?

Wasn't there a check Jodi delivered to Travis that same day of the murder?
She wrote him a check for $200 for car payment and it is thought to have been brought to him that day. Maybe she had mailed it. I don't know. But she later asked about it.

and we won't see the defense team's reporter covering it as loudly as he did this story.

I smile every time anyone points out that he is "the defense team's reporter". He is team Jodi all the way. Should be called Leaker Keifer. JMO.

Thats a good idea Hope. Especially as the trial goes on. Sure to be a lot of comments in general, plus those doing research of the case. I am ready to read Juan's response to Nurmis motion. Someone should be posting it by noon Eastern time I hope. :)

BBM
Nurmi will try - and probably succeed - to get it sealed. Same as last time he filed a motion for misconduct...moo

BBM
Nurmi will try - and probably succeed - to get it sealed. Same as last time he filed a motion for misconduct...moo

But Nurmis motion to have all charges dropped has been posted. Juan's response should be also.

Marking my spot for I'm sure a day of frustration and sidebars, and ultimately the jury being sent home. My hopes are all gone.
May Travis soon have justice.

Agree. They most likely would have cloned the drive before any analaysis, but I do see 1 possible way where his machine may have been booted up and his machine' own antivirus or LE antivirus may have removed it.

In the very first few days of investigating and trying to find the killer. Time was of the essence. So, LE could have needed to search his PC for clues immediately and not afford to wait for the lengthy forensic analysis.

Respectfully snipped by me and BBM.

If the Mesa PD's computer forensics department couldn't figure out how to clone and image a hard drive (HD) -- or didn't/don't know the difference -- they have serious competency issues.

Imaging the source HD would allow for immediate examination of its contents, copied bit for bit, while preserving them.

Cloning the source HD would provide the opportunity for the same examination and for testing -- by actually booting a device from the HD's clone.

Either method would preserve the integrity of the TA's original (source) HD.

From an evidentiary perspective, if the source HD does not now exist, or has been altered by any entity after the date it was confiscated, integrity of the investigation has been unnecessarily complicated if not directly compromised.

According to KN's motion, all we see right now is an unsubstantiated claim by a DT investigator.

We have not seen evidence which corroborates, substantiates, or even explains the basis for this claim.

E.g., was the DT innocently (albeit sloppily) given an image of TA's HD which was modified (inadvertently or otherwise) when it should have received an exact image thereof?

The State must get its ducks in a row quickly -- or at least satisfy itself that KN is lying and offer evidence of same.

^^^ I feel you Davia- please don't- honestly, all hope is NOT lost.

Not even close.

Have faith in Juan.

Marking my spot for I'm sure a day of frustration and sidebars, and ultimately the jury being sent home. My hopes are all gone.
May Travis soon have justice.

:seeya: I'm betting the jurors have been phoned and put on stand-by until further notice. :sigh:

Hey everyone, Good morning :) I just want to thank everyone for their posts, and hopefully all the tweets that will be coming. God bless Travis' and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500