Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw up--I mean I literally just threw up. Jodi + Nurmi + Coffee+ Coke on an empty stomach = a bad, bad, mix. Don't try this at home, kids.

Respectfully snipped by me and BBM.

If the Mesa PD's computer forensics department couldn't figure out how to clone and image a hard drive (HD) -- or didn't/don't know the difference -- they have serious competency issues.

Imaging the HD would allow for immediate examination of its contents, copied bit for bit, while preserving them.

Cloning the HD would provide the opportunity for the same examination and for testing -- by actually booting a device from the HD's clone.

Either method would preserve the integrity of the original HD.

If the original HD does not now exist, or has been altered by any entity after the date it was confiscated, integrity of the investigation has been at least unnecessarily complicated if not directly compromised from a forensics perspective.

In one of the interegoation tapes, det. Flores said that the forensic experts don't even touch the original hard drive. They work with a copy.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 8 mins8 minutes ago
Expect pros. Juan Martinez to answer charges of computer tampering this am. Don't expect #JodiArias back on stand.

@monicalindstrom: I find it hard to believe any cop would risk their career on the #JodiArias trial

@monicalindstrom: I find it hard to believe any cop would risk their career on the #JodiArias trial
\\

And then she says this grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 4 mins4 minutes ago
How can the trial continue if #JodiArias didn’t “lie” and Flores did? How can JM claim JA’s witnesses based opinions on lies if she no lie?

Marking my spot for I'm sure a day of frustration and sidebars, and ultimately the jury being sent home. My hopes are all gone.
May Travis soon have justice.

Don't give up! They are just trying to play with everyone's head. I look at it this way..... I am sitting here comfortably, drinking fresh coffee, petting my dog, having
a nice morning. It's payday for me - I'll go out later to do a bit of shopping, haven't decided where to eat tonight. Choice Choices! She, on the other hand, eats jail food, when they tell her to eat, can't choose what to do, goes to bed when they tell her, gets up when they tell her, has no choice of her companions. Has very little relief from others noise... Ibet she is more stressed than I am! I can be patient. Good things come to those who wait, eh?

I worry that if this trial has to be delayed and a nee jury has to be chosen, that the Alexanders might just give and let JM take the death penalty of the table just to have this all over with.

Good Morning,

I stopped in last night to just get caught and really couldn't think straight enough ( head cold ) to respond to many of the posts that to me were so very right on.

I am thankful to all sleuthers, who pulled this comment, that piece of testimony, digging, digging and then more. If some small part of the investigation to see how smart you all are, wow, just wow, this would be over so quick.

I personally think and I hate even typing this.....this is going to go on until next year. I wouldn't be a bit surprise, if it isn't said, that we need to investigate this new allegation and that is going to take time, yada yada yada.

We can't put this girl to death doncha know before the holidays. :sick::scream:

I have faith the truth will come out, I certainly do not think that LE or the Prosecution purposely did anything.

\\

And then she says this grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 4 mins4 minutes ago
How can the trial continue if #JodiArias didn’t “lie” and Flores did? How can JM claim JA’s witnesses based opinions on lies if she no lie?

For a moment there I thought she was actually being sensible for a change.

Arias' lawyers to urge jurors to spare her life

PHOENIX, AZ --
The legal team for Jodi Arias will keep pushing for jurors to spare her the death penalty in the 2008 slaying of her ex-boyfriend as the convicted killer's sentencing retrial resumes Wednesday.

The trial gets back underway after a nearly two-week break during which news organizations protested a decision to let a skittish defense witness testify in private and authorities were accused of destroying files on the victim's computer that defense attorneys say would have helped them in their case.

http://abc13.com/news/arias-lawyers-to-urge-jurors-to-spare-her-life/391833/

Does anyone else think it would be helpful to have a separate thread dedicated to timelines, key evidence, and motions? I know I do. I keep having to do redundant research......

I would love that because for the past 2 hours I've been searching for pdf. court docs. and other assorted readable documents.
I can't even find where the text document in post #8 originated.

Right. I agree, but when it makes zero sense that LEO's did anything. They have absolutely no reason to destroy anything for TA. They didn't know him. He wasn't a cop, a family member, a friend or even enemy of the police. WHY IN THE WORLD would they care about destroying evidence for someone with whom they had NO attachment?

While I would be "outraged" if the system wasn't "getting the truth", that isn't the case here. In fact here, that is exactly what they got.....the truth. It couldn't be more clear.

It is true that Killer going free is not a certainty but that is only part of the issue--albeit a huge part. I never like hearing that LE and/or prosecutors are involved in unethical behaviors. It is bad enough that our system does not require the defense to be honorable and above board and to prove any allegations of wrongdoing. I would like to see that changed, but allowing the other side to be held to a lower level of accountability helps no one. Citizens should be outraged and speak up about either side resorting to sleazy or deceptive activity. Our system is supposed to be about getting to the truth.

If anyone involved this case is guilty of anything illegal or unethical, there needs to be consequences.

Hi all ... just checking in to the JA forum for the first time in forever. Is there a link to the motion the defense filed? I seem to have lost all my JA bookmarks :(

I would love that because for the past 2 hours I've been searching for pdf. court docs. and other assorted readable documents.
I can't even find where the text document in post #8 originated.

If someone starts a thread I'll add the links I've saved to it. I don't have as many as I had last year as I had to replace my hard drive and many links just disappeared upon reinstallation but I still have some useful ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500