Retrieving wreckage from AirAsia Flight To Singapore- no survivors recovered #3

Lots of pics of the destroyed fuselage at this link. As well as a picture of bleached bones they found in the fuselage.

16719vb.jpg

The interior of the fuselage of AirAsia QZ8501

2dgoxgo.jpg

Members of search and rescue teams examine the fuselage of AirAsia QZ8501 on a vessel at Tanjung Priok port

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/airasia-fl...nes-found-recovered-fuselage-wreckage-1490088

The National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas) officially ceased its search operation on Monday for AirAsia flight QZ8501, which crashed into the sea off South Kalimantan two months ago. However, a much smaller operation will continue for a couple more weeks.

“If they want additional [time], of course I will pay attention to it, as long as there is a clear timeline,” said Bambang at the Presidential Office after a meeting with president Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Monday.

“Of course, I also respect the hopes of the families,” he said. “But to find 100 per cent [of the people on board] is also impossible given past experience. We have expended maximum effort.”

Basarnas also planned to provide transportation for the families to see the spot where the plane crashed.

Meanwhile, AirAsia Indonesia president director Sunu Widyatmoko said the next of kin of three passengers — out of the 155 on board the AirAsia flight — had received 1.25 billion rupiah (US$96,521) in compensation, which is in line with the amount of money stipulated in Transportation Ministry Regulation No. 77/2011.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/676599/major-search-operation-ends-for-airasia-qz8501

less than consoling for the families of the victims to hear about bleached bones ((we all know that means aquatic predation))

Thanks for the updates and the pics SA. If you don't mind I wanted to post a few more pictures from your link:

"Safety information"

2dsem93.jpg

1znwf9s.jpg

Thanks for the updates and the pics SA. If you don't mind I wanted to post a few more pictures from your link:

Very sad, isn't it? They can find the flight safety cards, and phones, but they were unable to get the right (borrowed) people and equipment down there to access the fuselage and find the passengers before the environmental elements carried them away and disintegrated them.

And where is the captain??? Suffered the same fate as the passengers left in the fuselage? Nothing or not much left? :( :( :(

Edited my post. Translated article.

Selasa, 17 Maret 2015 | 04:13 WIB

Pencarian AirAsia QZ8501 Diperpanjang

TEMPO.CO, Makassar: Operation search for victims and wreckage AirAsia PK-AXC QZ8501 extended until Wednesday, March 18, 2015. This was done after the discovery of three bodies of the alleged victims of the ill-fated plane in the territorial waters of the Gulf of Kumai, Central Kalimantan, Saturday, March 14, 2015. This makes the search and rescue operation, which is planned to be discontinued on March 15, 2015, should be extended.

Operations Section Chief of the National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas) Makassar Ridwansyah Deden said until now there is no instruction from the center to end the SAR operation AirAsia.

"The information continues until Wednesday this week. If there is no longer finding in Pangkalan Bun, (Basarnas) The Center will evaluate," said Deden told Tempo, Monday, March 16, 2015.

Rescue operations are worth an extended, recalling found three corpses. Deden call and probably does exist corpse AirAsia around finding the remains of the last location was found. Deden said the search process will be carried out by dipping method and using tools.

Meanwhile, rescue operations in the Makassar Strait, said Deden, operating standby status. It is no longer conducting searches along the coastline of South Sulawesi and West Sulawesi. After all, there is no finding bodies and pieces of bodies of victims of AirAsia in the last month. Only fragments and debris are often found.

Nevertheless, Deden asserted, approximately 90 SAR personnel consisting of six teams still on standby to evacuate victims and wreckage AirAsia in the Makassar Strait. Four teams vigil in Makassar. The team was deployed in Selayar District, South Sulawesi and Mamuju, West Sulawesi. "Each team consists of 15 people," he said.

Head Office Makassar Basarnas Roki Asikin said before there is instruction Basarnas Center to stop the search, the search and rescue operations in the Makassar Strait AirAsia continues. Until now, I have found no instruction or certainty about when AirAsia SAR operation officially ended. "We are waiting for guidance center," he said.

In the process of SAR AirAsia, Roki said search teams always prioritize the evacuation of casualties. Findings debris and wreckage will be reported to the authorities. However, it was left to the parties to coordinate with NTSC AirAsia regarding important part plane needed to research.

Since doing a search AirAsia QZ8501 in the Makassar Strait, the end of January, Basarnas Makassar has evacuated at least 14 pieces of body and dozens of aircraft debris in some areas, such as Pinrang and Barru, South Sulawesi and Majene, West Sulawesi. These findings have been sent to Surabaya to be identified.

TRI YARI KURNIAWAN

http://www.tempo.co/read/news/2015/03/17/058650491/Pencarian-AirAsia-QZ8501-Diperpanjang

Honestly thought that the search ended when I posted last. 90 searchers, if correct, isn't that many searching. So glad they found more victims for their families. This is the article that I edited out of my last post. I wasn't as kind in the original one.

AirAsia flight QZ8501: Recovery operation 'to end'
16 March 2015 Last updated at 16:58 GMT

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-31912778?ocid=socialflow_twitter

"The search for the remaining bodies from tragic AirAsia flight QZ8501 has officially ended.
Bambang Soelistyo, the head of Indonesia's rescue agency, confirmed that the ships involved in the search were pulled out on Wednesday.

AirAsia lost contact with flight QZ 8501 on December 28 as it was flying from Surabaya in Indonesia to Singapore with 162 people on board. The search effort has recovered 106 bodies, with 56 still missing.

The families of those missing will now have to try and go on with their lives, but the chance of them finding closure looks gone forever.

Frangky Chandra, the older brother of Gani Chandra, an Indonesian man who was on board the plane, and whose body has not been found, told the BBC it was difficult for his family to move on.
‘We will never stop waiting,’ Mr Chandra said.

He said 'the most important thing' was that DV1, the official search team, has said it will help with the identification process if any more bodies are found.

Tony Fernandes, the CEO of AirAsia, told reporters last week that to 'get more than 50 per cent (of the bodies) is considered a huge success."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Java-Sea-killing-162-board.html#ixzz3UjdF7mrz

May everyone rest in peace. Thank you everyone for your posts on this thread.

FOXTEL Discovery channel 640 has Air Asia 8501 Storm Disaster - on now.

Oh shoot, I'll have to try and catch it later, thanks ermirates. How was it?

"The search for the remaining bodies from tragic AirAsia flight QZ8501 has officially ended.
Bambang Soelistyo, the head of Indonesia's rescue agency, confirmed that the ships involved in the search were pulled out on Wednesday.

AirAsia lost contact with flight QZ 8501 on December 28 as it was flying from Surabaya in Indonesia to Singapore with 162 people on board. The search effort has recovered 106 bodies, with 56 still missing.

The families of those missing will now have to try and go on with their lives, but the chance of them finding closure looks gone forever.

Frangky Chandra, the older brother of Gani Chandra, an Indonesian man who was on board the plane, and whose body has not been found, told the BBC it was difficult for his family to move on.
‘We will never stop waiting,’ Mr Chandra said.

He said 'the most important thing' was that DV1, the official search team, has said it will help with the identification process if any more bodies are found.

Tony Fernandes, the CEO of AirAsia, told reporters last week that to 'get more than 50 per cent (of the bodies) is considered a huge success."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Java-Sea-killing-162-board.html#ixzz3UjdF7mrz

May everyone rest in peace. Thank you everyone for your posts on this thread.

Thank you, Greg, a lot of us sure did give it our all on this thread. You, SouthAussie, Emirates, Dr. Know?, Newone, Hatfield, don't hate me if I left out your name, memory isn't what it used to be. Boodles! Anyway, thank you EVERYONE!

Sadly there are so many unhappy endings for so many people, it just leaves a pit in my stomach.

50 percent body recover is a huge sucess, eh Tony Fernandes? I'd hate to see a piss poor success.

Oh shoot, I'll have to try and catch it later, thanks ermirates. How was it?

I missed the first 25 minutes. They did a simulated version of the parameters they had on hand. Simulated the stall and showed the air pressure over the wing etc etc. They said it was quite strange that the A/C could not recover from the stall given the altitude. Also confirmed that it hit tail first, which we were all aware of. They did make some comparisons to Air France in 2009. They did not have any data on the Pitot tubes to indicate conflicting air speeds. It left me with more questions than answers !!!! Still worth watching.

AirAsia jet crash which killed all 162 on board was caused by a faulty computer and the crew's 'inability to control the aircraft', say investigators

Airbus A320 plunged into Java Sea an hour in flight in December last year

Plane suffered repeated faults with its computerised rudder control system

Cracked soldering meant it malfunctioned four times on flight and 23 times the previous year, report by Indonesian investigators has found

Crew disabled auto-pilot in bid to fix the situation, but lost control of plane

Jet went into 'prolonged stall beyond capability of the crew to recover

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ubsequent-crew-actions-say-investigators.html

[video=youtube;W-j9CBxh_Vo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-j9CBxh_Vo[/video]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316