Rhornsby Legal Q&A #3 Relevant to the Anthony Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir.. Who supplies the outfits that KC wears to court?? Shouldn't she look her best when she is sitting there for all the world to see?? :( GEEZ don't you think that an iron would have help her out today? I think it's bad enough her hair looks dirty most of the time, but at least her clothing should look clean and crisp

I don't think Lyon will step down at any time (but could she please get her hair did if we have to watche her for the remainder?).

Well, it is hard to maintain eye contact with someone if you don't agree with them. And since the defense was arguing against well established law, it probably was hard for Judge Strickland to look at them in agreement.

As for Casey, my opinion about the strength of the case vacillates from day to day. While I think the evidence of premeditation is week; I saw how Casey reacted when Ashton spoke, and it looked to me like a girl who got caught in the act and was trying to deny it. So in a way, her reaction to a compelling and logical argument is what swayed me for yesterday.

BBM. Meow, lol. Ashton's hair was looking a little long if we are being picky.

Sir.. Who supplies the outfits that KC wears to court?? Shouldn't she look her best when she is sitting there for all the world to see?? :( GEEZ don't you think that an iron would have help her out today? I think it's bad enough her hair looks dirty most of the time, but at least her clothing should look clean and crisp

That was the same outfit that she wore last time. The way it works for inmates is that court clothing must be taken to the jail at least the night before. In which case the person dropping off the clothing is given her old courthouse clothing to take back (keeps inmate's property from over accumulating).

What I can extrapolate is that nobody thought to take her a new outfit since her last hearing. As a result, her outfit had been stored in a paper bag in the inmate property room at the jail - thus the wrinkles.

Due to the lack of a cause of death, will the state end up presenting, to the jury, the argument that the defendant should not be rewarded because she was able to hide the body until it had reached the point of skeletonization ? I see the lack of a cause of death, a problem, but one that is unavoidable when dealing with advanced decomposition, such as in this case.
Have no idea what the state will argue, but what you just said sounds like a good one.

Am I the only one who thinks your pic looks like Scott Peterson?

No, only clarified one. If KC is found guilty in the Check Fraud case, he basically said he would adjudicate her guilty and sentence her to time served on all counts (she has over a year's worth of jail credit).

What is the breakdown of time served?

Mr. Hornsby,

Can Casey still take the Alford Plea and if, so what would the ramifications of that be in your opionion? Thank you for your time you share with us.

Have there been "status" Hearings (I think so far motion hearings are all we've seen)in the capital case? After reading the states recent motion regarding witness lists, I would have thought the court would be following the progress of the case so as to ensure the trial was timely, and unnecessary continuances were not filed.

Regarding the fraud case, Judge Strickland remarked he would be looking for the jury pool(next week?). How many perspective jurors do you think they will have to call for this case?

Why waste orange county time and money when you are going to change your plea two minutes before the jury walks in the door, and court called in session?

Regarding the motions for change of venue-

As Baez was venue shopping, what statistics/demographics compelled the defense to choose/suggest the venues named in the motion? (In your opinion, as I'm sure you don't want to be in his head- though I believe the vacant square feet to be impressive.....)

Is it common for them to seek the DP on a case that is based on 100% circumstantial evidence?

Regarding the motions for change of venue-

As Baez was venue shopping, what statistics/demographics compelled the defense to choose/suggest the venues named in the motion? (In your opinion, as I'm sure you don't want to be in his head- though I believe the vacant square feet to be impressive.....)

Well, he seems preoccupied with his Hispanic heritage. So I suspect that is the primary reason he believes Miami-Dade is the best place to go (Not that I blame him).

In a way, I hope they do pick the jury for the Check Fraud case there. Because his primary arguments in his motion for Miami-Dade is it has been exposed the least amount of media coverage in the case.

But, the minute the Check Fraud jury is taken from there, I am willing to bet Miami-Dade media will start covering the cases as closely as Central Florida. And it is doubtful that a jury from any area would acquit her on the Check Fraud case.

But the minute you use Miami-Dade as a jury pool, you have pretty much eliminated that area as potential venire source for the murder case - if your legal argument is based on areas with least amount of media exposure. Once you eliminate South Florida as a low media coverage area, you are likely left with the panhandle. And I would not want to pick a jury from there for a murder case...

LOL - as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

Richard, thank you for putting these terms in to something this Little ole Cherokee can understand lol.

Well, he seems preoccupied with his Hispanic heritage. So I suspect that is the primary reason he believes Miami-Dade is the best place to go (Not that I blame him).

In a way, I hope they do pick the jury for the Check Fraud case there. Because his primary arguments in his motion for Miami-Dade is it has been exposed the least amount of media coverage in the case.

But, the minute the Check Fraud jury is taken from there, I am willing to bet Miami-Dade media will start covering the cases as closely as Central Florida. And it is doubtful that a jury from any area would acquit her on the Check Fraud case.

But the minute you use Miami-Dade as a jury pool, you have pretty much eliminated that area as potential venire source for the murder case - if your legal argument is based on areas with least amount of media exposure. Once you eliminate South Florida as a low media coverage area, you are likely left with the panhandle. And I would not want to pick a jury from there for a murder case...

LOL - as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

Care to explain that one?? <snort>

Ok, I'm being bad. Cause I totally agree with you. Easier to set a DP jury from there.

Even though Baez is hispanic and would prefer a hispanic jury, does it really make sense seeing how his client has accussed a hispanic woman (that no one can seem to find) of kidnapping and killing her child? Wouldn't that fact make the hispanic community not like Casey Anthony at all? It seems to me like Baez is wanting to play his own version of Russian Roulette (sp?) and is not as worried about his clients chances of a fair trial as he is getting "famous" among his own people.

Even though Baez is hispanic and would prefer a hispanic jury, does it really make sense seeing how his client has accussed a hispanic woman (that no one can seem to find) of kidnapping and killing her child? Wouldn't that fact make the hispanic community not like Casey Anthony at all? It seems to me like Baez is wanting to play his own version of Russian Roulette (sp?) and is not as worried about his clients chances of a fair trial as he is getting "famous" among his own people.

OR, wouldn't CA's animosity towards Hispanics hurt the defense in a way? By choosing an Hispanic jury?

Over 1 year's worth, probably have closer to a year and a half by the time she is sentenced.

I may have worded my question wrong. Say Casey is in jail 18 months and she is found guilty of the check fraud charges. The judge gives her 5 years minus time served. Exactly how much would be taken off the 5 year sentence?

That was the same outfit that she wore last time. The way it works for inmates is that court clothing must be taken to the jail at least the night before. In which case the person dropping off the clothing is given her old courthouse clothing to take back (keeps inmate's property from over accumulating).

What I can extrapolate is that nobody thought to take her a new outfit since her last hearing. As a result, her outfit had been stored in a paper bag in the inmate property room at the jail - thus the wrinkles.

I would hope that a "Dream Team" would have someone in place to address that sort of thing. I have to say as a woman I noticed that right off the bat.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member