Richards: Mick Jagger was "unbearable"

BBM

I did get to meet Jackson Browne backstage once, and you are absolutely right - he is one of the nicest, most down to earth guys you would ever want to meet.

You mean when he isn't slapping women around?

well, he wasn't slapping anyone around that night.. I only meant he was very nice in terms of celebrity musicians who sometimes you would be half afraid to meet because most of them think they're God and cop such diva attitudes. I only met him once for five minutes and he seemed very nice to me..I wasn't there to judge the guy on an isolated incident that had happened long before I met him.

well, he wasn't slapping anyone around that night.. I only meant he was very nice in terms of celebrity musicians who sometimes you would be half afraid to meet because most of them think they're God and cop such diva attitudes. I only met him once for five minutes and he seemed very nice to me..I wasn't there to judge the guy on an isolated incident that had happened long before I met him.

Before judgments on Jackson are made, the whole story should be read, and understood. The police never arrested Jackson and I doubt he slapped her around. I have studied this man since early in his career and D. was known to have gone psycho that night. LE chose not to arrest him. MO, he wouldn't hurt a fly.

Thanks for the write up Cambria.

Goz

Wild Horses is one of the top Stones songs ever.

Just love it.

Goz

Love the Stones, especially their early music. They showed great respect for American bluesmen like Muddy Waters and Willie Dixon, and played a big part in the blues revival of the '60's across the pond. Brian Jones was kicka$$ on slide guitar, and Mick still blows a decent harp.

This is one of my favorite Stones videos. Coincidentally, in the brief interview in the beginning, a reporter asks them about a recently released biography. It would be interesting to compare notes from that one and the latest.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJVeHKVcE8&feature=related[/ame]

Thanks for the heads up, DK. Should be a good read.

I'll never forget when Keith got all up in arms over Mick being knighted... LoL

Wonder what he has to say about Brian Jones?

Also I wonder if he shares about falling out of that coconut tree on his head.

Johnny Depp always gets to hang out with cool people. How's that work?

The review I read says he addresses the coconut tree incident by saying that he was high on coke at the time & that(falling out of said tree)is what made him quit (finally) doing coke.
Dunno if he mentions Brain....you'd think he'd have to as Anita was Brian's gf before she was 'Keef's'.
IMO BJ was murdered but I don't believe any of the Stone's camp will ever be upfront about it(I don't believe Mick ordered a 'hit' on BJ as some have claimed for years,& I once believed,but I do think he was murdered & it was "common knowledge" among the inner circle).
I'm on the waitlist for this book at the library....can't wait to read it!

I'll never forget when Keith got all up in arms over Mick being knighted... LoL

I'd forgotten all about that, Elphapa!

:D "Sir Michael Jagger, Knighted for Services to Music"? C'mon! Really? It's pretty darned comical.

Not an ego:

Tom Petty.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowSGxim_O8[/ame]

Does anyone remember Micks ex wife I think it was Bianca, anyway she caught Mick and David Bowie in bed together. I'm sure Mick wanted to be called Brenda then also.

Does anyone remember Micks ex wife I think it was Bianca, anyway she caught Mick and David Bowie in bed together. I'm sure Mick wanted to be called Brenda then also.
No it was Angie Bowie who made that claim........

I remember back in the 70's you could not even get tickets for a Stones concert, it was impossible. You had to know someone that knew someone etc. I have been to many, as a matter of fact I took my daughter the last time they toured and she said it was by far the best concert she had ever been to. She was in her early 20's at the time.
I must say I suppose Mick has earned the right to strut like a little Bantie Rooster which yes now that you say it he does!!!
I can also remember they had to be flown in and out of the concert venue by helicopter, otherwise they would have never got to preform the concert!
They put on a great show even to this day, no doubt about it in my book! I still love them just as much now as I ever did.

OMG, I just found out that Keith admits, in his book, that he really did snort his dad's ashes... I thought it was just a rumor that he started for sh*ts & giggles. But nooooo...

:eek:

I do remember her and the story :)

but I can say this much, he lived with Bianca in my area for a while and they were ultra snobs.
John Lennon and Yoko also lived in my area (she still does) and they were never like that, while they loved their privacy and rightfully so....They would nod and smile, (as if to acknowledge you) when they saw familiar faces. John more then Yoko, but she too. NOT MJ or Bianca.
The music was great, but they were painfully skinny and and they looked better on the screen.

Here's the Guardian review of Keef's tome:
Life by Keith Richards
Forget the sex and drugs – only rock'n'roll can still get Keith Richards up in the morning

The survivor's story is one of the predominant narratives of our time. It usually traces a familiar arc from excess through despair to redemption, and, as such, allows us to enjoy the vicarious thrill of voyeurism within the framework of a cautionary or salutary tale. Life by Keith Richards, the most famous survivor of them all, breaks with this tradition insofar as it contains excess aplenty but hardly any despair and very little redemption. Keith did it all, had a hell of a good time, and survived to brag about it.
---

the rest, at
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/oct/31/keith-richards-life-rolling-stones

Other Stones news
Death of Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones case will not reopen despite new evidence which suggests he was murdered

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1325289/Brian-Jones-case-reopen.html#ixzz13teAQhnt

I love Keith but he's fortunate enough to have indulged his addictions and substance abuse within the protective bubble of the Stones organization otherwise he would have been dead or homeless decades ago.
He didnt have to face any of the meat hook realities most addicts would run up against in the real world.
Im afraid as much as I love the Stones and enjoyed this book I out grew the 'Keith(Jim Morrison,Janis, fill in the blank) was a heroin addict so the rest of us might Rock' myth long ago...Im not sure Keith has.

FYI. I would be the first one to condemn Jackson Browne if charges had been filed or Daryl Hannah has spoken out but neither happened.

I heard, through my contacts in the biz that Browne was defending himself from her attack. Again, don't know if it is true but since neither party has spoken out and the police filed no charges I can't claim he is an abuser.

Jackson Browne did three big concerts while I was working full time in radio and I was interviewed him each time for almost an hour. He is very down to earth. Is he an abuser? Could be but as of now there is no proof IMO. Problem is I just don't know the facts.

Here is an interesting page. Read both letters at the bottom.
http://home.comcast.net/~leslienoelani/TNI.html

Once again I have gone off topic and I shall ban myself for life but not before I say how in the world could any woman kiss Mick or Keith without throwing up in their mouth. Honest to Goodness they both creep me out. I don't even like to watch them perform. I LOVE their music and listening to it is good enough for me.

I think John Belushi said it best when the Stones were on SNL, "Someone forgot to tell Keith Richards he was dead."

Thanks Tricia, I agree with you about Jagger and Richards. Totally not sexy.
Thanks for clearing up the Jackson Browne thing. You are much appreciated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back