RIP Elizabeth Edwards cancer returns. UPDATE- Passed away 12-7-10

If anyone ever had the gumption and grace to fight this fight, it would be Elizabeth Edwards. Bless her heart and soul.

As an RN the physicians telling her that further treatment of her cancer would be unproductive is very ominous indeed. A friend and fellow RN who suffered from Ovarian Cancer was told the same thing. She had survived over 4 years, had been through a liver resection 18 months prior to her death because it had spread to her liver, and would have undergone any further treatment the physicians recommended. But, when the very aggressive physicians who had treated her delivered the same message, she knew she was a the end of the road.

Judy went home, told her family how much she loved them, and how much their support helped her in the last 4+ years, and passed away 3 days later. I doubt Elizabeth Edwards has much time left . In fact, it surprises me that she is still here three years after being told of the metastasis to her bones. She is only here still due to her strong will to survive, and love for her children, IMHO. May she have a peaceful passing, and suffer none.

I'm thinking she's had this bad news for some days, and now it is being released to the public. Family is already gathering around...

Cancer sufferers generally fare better without added stress...need I say more.

May her last days be pain-free, resting in the glow of happy memories...

She did supremely well with her life on this Earth...may her children be comforted, knowing this.

I hope it all goes easily for her-I hope her children are OK, because this will be terrible, terrible...they already lost their safety nets when their dad, well, made the choices he made.

God Bless all of them, Elizabeth, the kids, their families and John too. :(

May God welcome her with open arms, saying "Well done, my daughter, well done."

If there was anyone I was sure this would happen to, it is she. An amazing woman, grace personified. She is someone to emulate indeed.

My love and prayers for her at this time, and for her family in the coming days.

Best-
Herding Cats

Lost both parents to cancer, may her children stay strong and see her through these upcoming days. May god bless her and the family so that they can find peace. Prayers are being sent....

My heart goes out to Elizabeth and her family as her final days approach...

May God Bless them through this harrowing time...JMHO

I remember when we were told the same about my mother and how she suffered towards the end of her battle with this deadly disease...I truly hope Elizabeth will place herself in a hospice so she will leave this earth without pain...JMHO

God Bless Elizabeth and her family

Elizabeth is the epitome for classy....she handled her husbands affair with style and grace...I do hope he appreciates her...JMHO

I hope GOD will give her peace and ease her pain .

GOD Bless Elizabeth, she seems to be one of the most courageous, sweet woman I have ever read about.
My heart breaks thinking that she had a child die, a husband that cheated and 2 children
that she won't see grow up.
Elizabeth has allot of strength.

Just curious...are posters capitalizing "GOD" in deference or something else? I've never been clear on issues like that.

per Fox news, AP & WRAL she has died.....sorry no link, JE with her when she passed

Fox and CNN reporting that she has now passed away.

Elizabeth Edwards dies
Chapel Hill, N.C. — Elizabeth Edwards, the political wife whose public battle with breast cancer, coping with marital infidelity and continued advocacy for the downtrodden raised her profile above that of her husband, died Tuesday, WRAL News has learned. She was 61.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5573188/

Rest in peace Elizabeth. You were such a strong and great woman. You will be missed.
:rose:

Prayers for her family and friends.

Elizabeth Edwards, wife of former Sen. John Edwards, dies after a six-year battle with breast cancer - WRAL http://bit.ly/gMqomu

So quick, I really thought she would make it through holidays.........so sad for her children.

May she rest in peace.

Her children now have a powerful guardian angel in Heaven.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back