Rodney Alcala Trial info

http://www.ocregister.com/news/alcala-236281-sexual-assault.html

SANTA ANA – Former Death Row inmate Rodney James Alcala was found guilty today of five counts of first-degree murder, including the kidnap-slaying of a 12-year-old Huntington Beach girl who disappeared while on her way to ballet lessons in 1979.

His seven-man, five-woman jury deliberated for about seven hours and also found several "special circumstances" to be true -- including multiple murders, murders during sexual assault and kidnapping and murders-by-torture -- which could lead to a death sentence after a penalty hearing set to begin Tuesday.

It is the third time that Alcala, now 66, has been convicted of killing Robin Samsoe, 12, who went missing on June 20, 1979 as she was peddling a friend's bicycle to ballet lessons, Her decomposing body was found 12 days later in the foothills of Los Angeles not far from Alcala's home in Monterey Park.

But both of those convictions -- and resulting death sentences -- were reversed on appeal. Before he could be tried a third time, Alcala was linked by DNA evidence to four unsolved women in Los Angeles County between 1977 and 1979. Those cases were merged with the Samsoe case into one prosecution in Orange County.

Tremendous news. Aside from sentencing and the appeals process again,this family has to be able to rest a little. Please God.

Hopefully, this will be the last trial. No more appeals. Thank you jury.

Hopefully, this will be the last trial. No more appeals. Thank you jury.

Unfortunately, there will be automatic appeals of this conviction, and any death sentence that might be imposed by this jury will take 25-35 years to carry out, at mimimum.
It takes an average of 7-10 years for a lawyer to be even initially assigned to handle the appeals of a condemned prisoner.

There are inmates on death row in California who were sentenced as far back as 1978, and they're no closer to an execution date than they were back then. It's a atrocious miscarriage of justice for the people of California.

If Alcala gets the death penalty he'll most probably die in prison of old age.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...commends-death-for-alcala-for-third-time.html

An Orange County jury needed just a few hours Tuesday to hand down the death penalty for Rodney James Alcala, convicted last week of murdering four Los Angeles County women and a 12-year-old girl from Huntington Beach in the late 1970s.

It was the third time Alcala, 66, has been convicted for the murder of Robin Samsoe, 12, last seen alive riding her bike to ballet class in June 1979. He had been condemned to death both times, but the convictions were overturned. He has been in custody since his 1979 arrest.

...During his closing arguments Tuesday, Alcala -- a onetime photographer and “Dating Game” contestant who acted as his own attorney in this trial -- asked jurors to spare him the death penalty, saying they would become killers themselves if they sent him to death row and arguing that the sentence would lead to decades of appeals.

By assigning the death penalty, “you become a wannabe killer in waiting,” Alcala told jurors before playing a portion of “Alice’s Restaurant,” a rambling 18-minute Vietnam War protest song by folk singer Arlo Guthrie. In the section played, a man being drafted for war tells a military psychiatrist:

“Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth...I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL.”

As the word reverberated through the Santa Ana courtroom, Robert Samsoe, Robin’s brother, stood up and walked out.

Huntington Beach PD has released photos of unidentified women, men and children found in Alcala's possession. They are asking the public's help to identify them. Photos are on the OC Register site.

great i used to love that song.

this guy just totally perverted it

Do you know if Alcala ever traveled in Europe?

kz3e6o-kz3e540152.jpg

I think this sign says "Udlejning af cykler" which is Danish for Bike Rental. I don't know what the second line might be.

Please let this be the last trial. How many death sentences does it take before it sinks in to the defendant's brain matter?

Justice for his victims.

My computer is so slow on the cbs site and could only see about 15 pics. I'm hoping the other sites will show them quicker. The pic of this guy with his arm around the young woman in a sundress is creepy. He is the most nauseating meanest looking thing with evil evil dark eyes. Not one ounce of anything in that man. I hope he lives a long time and is put to death by the state.

This is disgusting, I bet many of these people are jane and john does who should have been identified a long time ago. Shame on LE for waiting so long to release these images.

picture 64 and Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe missing date 9/20/73 from Phenix AZ looked hauntingly similiar- anyone have an opinion?

alcala-238591-women-murphy.html

just realized the numbers change on pictures-sorry

alcala-238591-women-murphy.html

just realized the numbers change on pictures-sorry

..and I just realized the girl in the picture I posted might be too slender to be Dorothy. According to her Charley Project page, Dorothy was 5'3" and weighed 130 pounds. The age seems to be right, but then again, Alcala was interested in 14-year olds.

missinggirl2.jpg

missinggirl.jpg

I am trying to post these pictures-sorry I am computer stupid

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member