Rodney Alcala Trial info

ok finally I got them on. The first one is from missing and exploited children site and the second one is from the pictures the dectives released. What do you think?

Posted: 11:06 AM Mar 12, 2010
Authorities Seek Help Identifying People In Serial Killer's Photos
Hundreds of portrait-style photos found in Rodney Alcala's storage unit.

(CNN) -- Hoping to solve numerous cold cases, authorities on Thursday released hundreds of photos of unidentified women and children found in a storage unit that belonged to a serial killer who appeared on "The Dating Game."

Investigators are trying to determine if some of the people in the pictures were victims of Rodney Alcala, 66, who was convicted in February of murdering a child and four women between November 1977 and June 1979.

A jury this week recommended a death sentence for Alcala, who appeared on the popular dating show in 1978 as Bachelor No. 1.

"We balanced the privacy concerns of those depicted in the decision to release these pictures," Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said in a statement. "Although we hope that the people depicted are not victims, we believe the release may help solve some cold cases and bring closure to victims' families."
................................................................................

Authorities already believe that Alcala may be responsible for deaths in New York, Schroeder said.

"It's very possible," Schroeder said. "Mr. Alcala is a predatory monster and we believe that he destroyed many lives everywhere he went."
................................................................................
All this occurred before Alcala charmed "Dating Game" contestant Cheryl Bradshaw in 1988. Though Bradshaw chose Alcala as her date, she reportedly refused to go out with him.

Alcala may have appeared likable to viewers at home, but Bachelor No. 2, Jed Mills, said he was the complete opposite when they sat together in the green room before the show.

Mills said he had an almost immediate aversion to Alcala.

"Something about him, I could not be near him," Mills recalled. "He was very obnoxious and creepy -- he became very unlikable and rude and imposing as though he was trying to intimidate. I wound up not only not liking this guy ... not wanting to be near him ... he got creepier and more negative. He was a standout creepy guy in my life."

Mills said he still has a difficult time discussing Alcala.

"Just talking about it, I get a tightness in my stomach," he said, "It kind of sinks in slowly. What this guy did, it's hard to express. He kind of haunts me a bit."

more here

http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/headlines/87473307.html

ok finally I got them on. The first one is from missing and exploited children site and the second one is from the pictures the dectives released. What do you think?

The resemblance is startling!

..and I just realized the girl in the picture I posted might be too slender to be Dorothy. According to her Charley Project page, Dorothy was 5'3" and weighed 130 pounds. The age seems to be right, but then again, Alcala was interested in 14-year olds.

I think it could be Dorothy. I know the weight and height may seem off, but I'm 5'3" and 126 pounds, and I'm pretty slender. I've been told I carry my weight well, so there's a possibility she could too. Jmo.

That's an incredible resemblance. Are you going to call it in?

That's an incredible resemblance. Are you going to call it in?

I think he already did. I also sent an Email yesterday to the detective in Orange County mentioning the similarity between the two photos.

I think he already did. I also sent an Email yesterday to the detective in Orange County mentioning the similarity between the two photos.

According to Wikipedia, Rodney Alcala was in jail serving 34 months in the early 70s for an attack on an 8 year old girl. He wasn't released until 1974. The girl you are looking for went missing Sept 20 1973 according to that charlyproject site.

Do you know if Alcala ever traveled in Europe?

kz3e6o-kz3e540152.jpg

I think this sign says "Udlejning af cykler" which is Danish for Bike Rental. I don't know what the second line might be.

I wondered the same thing. I thought I read that he did a short stint in the ARMY?? My first thought was that he may have been sent oversees (Germany?) and that maybe any disappearances wherever he has stepped foot should be looked into.
Is there a timeline anywhere? Say from his teen years until now?

According to Wikipedia, Rodney Alcala was in jail serving 34 months in the early 70s for an attack on an 8 year old girl. He wasn't released until 1974. The girl you are looking for went missing Sept 20 1973 according to that charlyproject site.

She could (possibly) have run away in '73 and encountered Alcala in '74....

Theres another thread on here under Unidentified there are alot of good thoughts over there..

It is disgusting that this so-called person is still alive and breathing...and that he will likely outlive some of the parents of his victims, so that they can never have one day on this earth without him on it...as Robin's mother said, that is all she has left to pray for...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back