Rodney King Arrested for Threats

BBM...I don't understand how his criminal history is related to his death in his own backyard??

I'm not Dark Knight but what I understood DK as saying is simply that Mr. King had years and years of criminal history fueled by drugs and drink.

IMO that could be related due to the fact that he fell in and drowned in his pool. Was he drunk? High?

Anyway, that's what I understood from Dark Knights post.

JMO

Her story and actions were a bit questionable...why would he be knocking on the window? She said she asked what was wrong then a few minutes later, heard a splash. So, did she wait for an answer or just go back to bed? Why knock on the window? Was he locked out of his own house? Seems the first thing most people would do is jump in, not throw a shovel.

The articles I've read states the fiancee was a juror in the civil trial. I wonder how the two came in contact after the trial.

He was awarded a significant amount of money. Not nearly enough for the beating he endured, but a nice nest egg to marry into. Hope my suspicions are wrong.

That's bothered me too. If I found my boyfriend at the bottom of the pool, I would jump in and try to pull him out all the while screaming bloody heck to the neighbors. Not leave him at the bottom while I called 911 and leave him down there while I waited for them to show up. WTH?
And, the poor guy has been drunk most of his life, and all of a sudden he falls in and drowns? Bizarre.

This just makes me so sad. When someone dies who I watched on Celebrity Rehab, it hits a little closer to home as I find I sort of "know" them in a way.

What a waste of a life. I'm guessing he was super drunk and/or high and he fell into the pool and drown. Or maybe he had a heart attack from drugs? Maybe he passed out and fell in? Waiting for the COD on this one, just like Whitney Houston and so many others. :(
My thoughts exactly! What a waste. I had also read that alcohol may have been involved and that neighbors heard crying at 3a.m. My guess is that he got depressed and drunk and drowned.

Kimberlyd125;8068734I'm not Dark Knight but what I understood DK as saying is simply that Mr. King had years and years of criminal history fueled by drugs and drink.

IMO that could be related due to the fact that he fell in and drowned in his pool. Was he drunk? High?

Anyway, that's what I understood from Dark Knights post.

JMO
Originally Posted by Dark Knight
I am not totally surprised by this, he has had numerous run-ins with the law even after the beatings. I hope he finally rests in peace.
Thank you for attempting to clarify what DK might have meant. All I read was "run-ins with the law", no reference to his addictions.

That's bothered me too. If I found my boyfriend at the bottom of the pool, I would jump in and try to pull him out all the while screaming bloody heck to the neighbors. Not leave him at the bottom while I called 911 and leave him down there while I waited for them to show up. WTH?
And, the poor guy has been drunk most of his life, and all of a sudden he falls in and drowns? Bizarre.

Unless the victim in the bottom of the pool is smaller than yourself, or you are trained in underwater rescue, even for someone with good swimming skills it could be difficult to bring him back to the surface.

:(

MOO

Unless the victim in the bottom of the pool is smaller than yourself, or you are trained in underwater rescue, even for someone with good swimming skills it could be difficult to bring him back to the surface.

:(

MOO

Difficult and dangerous, since drowning people tend to panic and take others down with them (assuming Mr. King regained consciousness at some point during the rescue attempt). I can't imagine not jumping in after my husband, but I'm half-a-foot taller, not half his size.

BREAKING NEWS: Rodney King Death Report -- PCP, Cocaine, Booze, Weed

www.tmz.com

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/rodney-king-autopsy/index.html?

King was "in a state of drug and alcohol-induced delirium" and "either fell or jumped into the swimming pool," said the autopsy report released by the San Bernardino County coroner Thursday.

No foul play is suspected and the police investigation of his death is closed, Rialto Police Capt. Randy De Anda told CNN.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back