Ron C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome GumShu....looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

pardon my ignorance here, but did Ron actually operate a crane? I can't imagine in such a small town that a crane would be running throughout the night, from 3 pm to 3 am? What kind of work would that be for? I've never heard of a night shift for crane operators. I have a huge building going up right outside and nobody works at night.

There have been several projects in the Twin Cities where crane operators work though the night. One was a parking garage. In fact, the last time there wasn't heavy snow on the ground, crane operators were working along the freeways, building a retaining wall and removing a bridge.

LE is still holding that mobile home as a crime scene, and it's been almost 2 weeks since Haleigh disappeared.

LE still hasn't cleared anyone as being a suspect, even with polygraphs being taken.

There has to be a reason LE won't release that mobile home.

Maybe police everywhere learned something from the Jon Benet Ramsey case. It was initially a missing child case. Everyone and their brother tramped through that house before they discovered it was, in fact, the scene of a horrible murder. Evidence lost which can never be reclaimed...

I really wonder if they would release the house if RC pushed for it. He has said he is not going back in the house while Haleigh is missing, so it is not a big deal to him for LE to hold it.

Last night on NGrace,TN said that the LE talked with them and they are holding the trailer till they find any kind of evidence that might be found in the trailer.Ronald told them he did not want to go back in it now anyway.They were told that if they move back in trailer and any new evidence is found,any evidence would be contaminated by someone living in it.

Game wardens are just like cops, basically.

Except you know those guys must clank when they walk! Everyone they approach basically is armed with big guns! Well, except possibly the peeps fishing!

I don't know why people would see the possiblity of him being an informant as bad,to me informants are the ones that get lowlife dealers off the street and saving more people's lives.Because the case is open to any scenario we should still explore the possibility.And maybe he wasn't an informant but perceived to be and thus this happened as a warning to others.There is always some truth to most rumors.

I'm not sure I have run up on anyone who thought informants were anything but bad. They certainly save no lives and do v-e-r-y little to get drugs and drug dealers off the street. Even LE mostly feels they are scum.
And I take REAL exception to your statement that there is always some truth to most rumors. A rumor, by its very definition, is unverified information of an uncertain origin spread by word of mouth, heresay. Although I will give up that people who spread rumors are the most likely to believe them.

OH my gawsh! When I was watching Misty talk about what happened and her fake crying/voice/closing her eyes, I thought I was going to lose it! Shades of Susan Smith all over again! Go on YOUTUBE and compare the two.. you will be amazed!

i realize this isn't the thread to ask this in -being about RC and all- but i don't know where else to ask and since it was mentioned here...

i've been looking for video of SS since this case broke and people were mentioning the similarites b/w the two and can't find any anywhere - not even on youtube... does anyone here have a link? thanks : )

I don't know if Ron is an informant for LE or not. I do know that informants are usually people who do not have families or attachments of any kind. It is too dangerous for the imformants family to put the person out on the street as informants when revenge can be acted upon if his idenity is discovered. It's just crazy to have a guy with two little children in a situation where some doper nut case wants to get even after he's been turned in. I would hope the local LE would be smart enough not have put Ron in that type of situation.
jmo

I think Ron's record indicates it's VERY likely he was trading information for leniency. Perhaps he was less of a resident CI and moreso when I get busted, I'll trade this information I have for a slap on the wrist. I think this sort of ad hoc "relationship" between Ronald and LE appeared to begin when his rather major drug charges in 2002 were ordered Nolle Prosequi.

I would bet money that Ronald was operating, or had operated, as an informant (formally or informally)-- one look at his rap sheet and it's hard to see it differently, IMO.

I think it's possible this had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance, or it could just be a coincidence. I think it's telling that Ronald flatly lied about his former drug use/charges on Geraldo. Something's up with the informant angle, IMO-- which could explain parties hedging questions, changing stories and the lack of more info from LE.

JVM tonite discussed a drug arrest in Sarasota County

http://courtweb.co.sarasota.fl.us/crimapp/crimbrowse.asp?pg=1

893.13(6A) Principal DRUGS POSSESS-CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
893.13(6A) Principal DRUGS POSSESS-CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
893.147(1) Principal NARCOTIC EQUIP POSSESS-AND OR USE 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
741.31 Principal VIOL INJUNCTION PROTECTION DOMESTIC VIOLENCE 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
499.03 Principal DRUGS-POSSESS NEW LEGEND DRUG WO PRESCRIPTION 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned

Docket Information:
Date Description Pages Image
10/27/2005 COURT EVENT CANCELLED The following event: CRIMINAL - ARRAIGNMENT FELONY scheduled for 11/04/2005 at 9:00 am has been resulted as follows: Result: CANCELLED (Criminal) 0 None
10/27/2005 Payment of Court Cost 0 None
10/19/2005 ARREST BOND RECORD CREATED Ref: Bond/Pwr No.: 2005AA079210 Initial Charge #: 1 Initial Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Prosecutor Count #: 1 Prosecutor Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Bonding Co.: AA LARAZA BAIL BONDS Bond Amount: $5000 The following field(s) on arrest bond 1 have been modified: New Bond Status Added: BOND RELEASED New Bond Status Date Added: 10/18/2005 0 None
10/18/2005 NOTICE OF CASE DISPOSITION/ACTION-DECLINED 1 Image
10/5/2005 ARREST BOND RECORD CREATED Arrest Bond Added to Case with: Arrest Date: 09/26/2005 Initial Charge #: 1 Initial Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Prosecutor Count #: Prosecutor Action Code: Custody Location: Bond Status: Posted Status Date: 09/28/2005 Bond Type: Surety Bond/Pwr No.: 2005AA079210 Bond Amount: $5000 Bonding Co.: AA LARAZA BAIL BONDS Cash Depositor: 0 None
10/3/2005 Court Event Set Event: CRIMINAL - ARRAIGNMENT FELONY Date: 11/04/2005 Time: 9:00 am Judge: ROBERTS, CHARLES E Location: Courtroom 3-A Result: CANCELLED (Criminal) 0 None
9/29/2005 ADVISORY HEARING BOND 2 Image
9/29/2005 COPY OF DRIVERS LICENSE 1 Image
9/29/2005 EVIDENCE / PROPERTY RECEIPT 10 Image
9/29/2005 REPORT 2 Image
9/29/2005 PROBABLE CAUSE AFFIDAVIT (FHPF05OFF062270) 17 Image
9/29/2005 NOTICE TO APPEAR - CRIMINAL 1 Image
9/28/2005 INVOCATION OF CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS 1 Image
9/28/2005 INDIGENCY CIRCUIT CASE APPROVED Receipt: 422546 Date: 10/27/ 1 Image
9/28/2005 BOND - PAPER POWER # 2005-AA-07 3 Image
9/28/2005 DECISION TO DECLINE TO APPLY FOR THE SERVICES OF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER 1 Image

Oddly enough, the charges were dropped. This guy is like teflon.

JVM tonite discussed a drug arrest in Sarasota County

http://courtweb.co.sarasota.fl.us/crimapp/crimbrowse.asp?pg=1

893.147(1) Principal NARCOTIC EQUIP POSSESS-AND OR USE 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
741.31 Principal VIOL INJUNCTION PROTECTION DOMESTIC VIOLENCE 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
499.03 Principal DRUGS-POSSESS NEW LEGEND DRUG WO PRESCRIPTION 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned

Docket Information:
Date Description Pages Image
10/27/2005 COURT EVENT CANCELLED The following event: CRIMINAL - ARRAIGNMENT FELONY scheduled for 11/04/2005 at 9:00 am has been resulted as follows: Result: CANCELLED (Criminal) 0 None
10/27/2005 Payment of Court Cost 0 None
10/19/2005 ARREST BOND RECORD CREATED Ref: Bond/Pwr No.: 2005AA079210 Initial Charge #: 1 Initial Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Prosecutor Count #: 1 Prosecutor Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Bonding Co.: AA LARAZA BAIL BONDS Bond Amount: $5000 The following field(s) on arrest bond 1 have been modified: New Bond Status Added: BOND RELEASED New Bond Status Date Added: 10/18/2005 0 None
10/18/2005 NOTICE OF CASE DISPOSITION/ACTION-DECLINED 1 Image
10/5/2005 ARREST BOND RECORD CREATED Arrest Bond Added to Case with: Arrest Date: 09/26/2005 Initial Charge #: 1 Initial Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Prosecutor Count #: Prosecutor Action Code: Custody Location: Bond Status: Posted Status Date: 09/28/2005 Bond Type: Surety Bond/Pwr No.: 2005AA079210 Bond Amount: $5000 Bonding Co.: AA LARAZA BAIL BONDS Cash Depositor: 0 None
10/3/2005 Court Event Set Event: CRIMINAL - ARRAIGNMENT FELONY Date: 11/04/2005 Time: 9:00 am Judge: ROBERTS, CHARLES E Location: Courtroom 3-A Result: CANCELLED (Criminal) 0 None
9/29/2005 ADVISORY HEARING BOND 2 Image
9/29/2005 COPY OF DRIVERS LICENSE 1 Image
9/29/2005 EVIDENCE / PROPERTY RECEIPT 10 Image
9/29/2005 REPORT 2 Image
9/29/2005 PROBABLE CAUSE AFFIDAVIT (FHPF05OFF062270) 17 Image
9/29/2005 NOTICE TO APPEAR - CRIMINAL 1 Image
9/28/2005 INVOCATION OF CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS 1 Image
9/28/2005 INDIGENCY CIRCUIT CASE APPROVED Receipt: 422546 Date: 10/27/ 1 Image
9/28/2005 BOND - PAPER POWER # 2005-AA-07 3 Image
9/28/2005 DECISION TO DECLINE TO APPLY FOR THE SERVICES OF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER 1 Image

Oddly enough, the charges were dropped. This guy is like teflon.
Interesting!
Is the panel saying they think ronald was an informant?

Was just watching Issues on HLN and RC Sister stated in a phone call that RC was asked by LE not to talk to the Media did anyone else hear that????

Wonder what was Ron was doing in Sarasota County in 2005 when he was arrested? It's a bit of a trip to Satsuma, FL from Sarasota. Ron Jr. would have been just a baby & Haleigh was what, two or so in late '05. Interesting that all those drug charges were just dropped. Makes you go hmm!

Interesting!
Is the panel saying they think ronald was an informant?

OTH, Crystal Cummings called into JVM and was asked about Ron being an informant. Her answer was that Ron was "put on probation" and "finished the program."

Given Crystal's answer, I wonder if this is the answer (posted before, but pertains to this issue) Still think some strings may have been pulled to accomplish this:

<snipped>

Options to Resolve Drug Possession Cases

Pretrial Diversion
Pretrial Diversion is a diversionary program run by the State Attorney's Office and is usually reserved for first time, nonviolent offenders. The diversion program is similar to probation, in that once you are accepted into the program you must report once a month to a supervising officer, undergo random drug testing, complete community service hours, and refrain from being involved in any criminal activity. Additionally, Pretrial Diversion requires the permission of the victim of the crime you are accused of committing. Your charges will be dropped upon successful completion of Pretrial Diversion.
http://www.richardhornsby.com/criminal/drugs.html

<snipped>

Successful Completion of Pretrial Diversion

"...These procedures should be followed when the defendant successfully completes pretrial
diversion and the state attorney subsequently drops the charge(s):
C
The Prosecutor Final Decision Date (page 78) should be changed to reflect the date the
paperwork is filed which dismisses the case;
C
The Final Action by the Prosecutor (page 79) should be changed to reflect code "O"
(nolle prosequi) or "L" (dropped/abandoned) depending upon the type of dismissal filed"

http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/p.../OBTS_2002.pdf

Wonder what was Ron was doing in Sarasota County in 2005 when he was arrested? It's a bit of a trip to Satsuma, FL from Sarasota. Ron Jr. would have been just a baby & Haleigh was what, two or so in late '05. Interesting that all those drug charges were just dropped. Makes you go hmm!

I think the Cummings Camp now shall
be known as the Cummings Gang. :D

umm Crystal Sheffields mother has charges for running a drug house and battery charges.

I believe every one of them with the exception of Crystal Sheffield's mother- can you believe that?

Marie?Better look again,drug house and possession.Maybe she shouldn't have looked so smug while she was on GR show and accusing him of having marijuana growing around his trailer and inside his home with bricks of marijuana.Crystal and her MOm said they were never at the trailer,so how would they know what he had there?:eek::eek: Did they have someone watching thier trailer or go inside of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quioxte221