Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law #3

Well.....I have to get up at 4AM...I go to bed weeknights(and put my children to bed) about an hour after dark, so like I said earlier 2 am or 3 am to me is early morning. We all lead different lives.

According to a press release from the sheriff's office, three members of the Croslin family showed up about 11:30 p.m. at the double wide mobile home in Welaka where Cummings, his wife and his grandmother, Annette Sykes, live.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20301331/detail.html
Although the disturbance incident began at just before or after 11 pm, it ended with the arrest of Ron at approx 1 or 1:30, so generically speaking, it was a middle of the night incident. Obviously, based upon different people's sleep habits, the beginning of the disturbance can be viewed as either early or late nighttime. For most people, I suspect that the hour the Croslins arrived was rather late for "visiting". GGMA says she was already in bed. In any case, it doesn't seem like it's a significant enough point for so much discussion.

Although the disturbance incident began at just before or after 11 pm, it ended with the arrest of Ron at approx 1 or 1:30, so generically speaking, it was a middle of the night incident. Obviously, based upon different people's sleep habits, the beginning of the disturbance can be viewed as either early or late nighttime. For most people, I suspect that the hour the Croslins arrived was rather late for "visiting". GGMA says she was already in bed. In any case, it doesn't seem like it's a significant enough point for so much discussion.

BBM

Just curious - then why continue the discussion with a comment ?

Annette Sykes said Tommy Croslin, his father and mother came to her mobile home in Welaka at 10:45 p.m. During the fight, Croslin went into the van and Ronald swung at him in the vehicle, Sykes said.

Croslin and his parents left and deputies arrived at Sykes' later in the night and made the arrest.
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met...ing_brother_in

From this article, it seems to me that ggm has changed her story a bit.
She also hads info that she did not make in her statement.
moo

I think looking up the phone records would easily determine who called whom that day/evening, and how often, which would also determine who is lying, and/or embellishing. moo

From this article, it seems to me that ggm has changed her story a bit.
She also hads info that she did not make in her statement.
moo

I think looking up the phone records would easily determine who called whom that day/evening, and how often, which would also determine who is lying, and/or embellishing. moo

Not the first time GGM added info at a later date...did she not leave out her visit to the MH until 7-10 days after they reported HaLeigh missing?

I guess what some people consider the middle of the night isn't actually middle of the night to others. I can't understand anyone getting hung up on that one detail when there is much more confusing stuff....lol(imo). My family is a family of six, early to bed and very early to rise you might say. If someone pulled in my driveway after 10:00 pm and certainly after 11:00, I would 100% consider it the middle of the night. We can assume that at least 1 person considered it the middle of the night....GGS stated very clearly that she was in bed when she heard the disturbance outside.

I will even go so far as to say that if someone pulled in my driveway after 9 pm....that is the middle of the night to me. Evening does still begin at 6pm doesn't it? If I had an unexpected visitor at say 2 am....that would be early morning to me....lol. But thats just me.

Not just you...ITA. The middle of the night to me is the time around MIDnight, give or take a couple hours, and I'm with you re 3am being early in the morning, rather than middle of the night.

Enough already about the middle of the night. Everyone's interpretation is different and we are only going to hash out "middle of the night" forever.

Regarding phone records, the incident that happened between HC2 & RC...the one that lead to RC's arrest & the different stories of who started phoning who earlier that day, I don't think that LE will retrieve anyones phone records. I am wondering this.....Were the calls that day made on cell phones? Most of you that have cell phones know that getting your own personal phone records is as easy as having internet access & clicking a few buttons. I have one of the major cell carriers for my cell service, and they used to automatically send you a record of all your incoming & outgoing calls every month; now you can simply pull them up online. So, I wonder if any of the calls that day did happen via cell phones, will HC2 or R&M bring a record of these calls to the court hearing? This would easily prove who was phoning who.

Concerning the bond, I has suspected that RC paid the bond because I don't see him liking to part with money at all. To have posted the 10% means he would have lost $1250.00...not very Ron like, IMO.

May have had donations and a big check from his trip to NY, child support, big tax refund and unemployment/assistance from State and perhaps SSI for Haleigh......not bad

After a few days passing it's likely this information is known, but in reading through the thread, I have not seen this posted here. The bond was met by
A-1 Bail Bonds through a surety from American Bankers Insurance Co.

Defendant
CUMMINGS, RONALD LEMYLES

Date # Docket Description

2009-08-06 2 SUFFICIENT PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND
2009-08-06 2 $12,5004.00 SECURED BOND SET
2009-08-06 3 AFFIDAVIT OF INSOLVENCY
2009-08-06 4 ORDER APPOINTING PUBLIC DEFENDER FOR 1ST APP HEARING
2009-08-07 5 $12504.00 A-1-24 HOUR CITY BEST BAIL BONDS #2148146
2009-08-07 5 AMERICAN BANKERS INSURANCE CO

http://www1.putnam-fl.com/live/clkmain.asp

After a few days passing it's likely this information is known, but in reading through the thread, I have not seen this posted here. The bond was met by
A-1 Bail Bonds through a surety from American Bankers Insurance Co.

Defendant
CUMMINGS, RONALD LEMYLES

Date # Docket Description

2009-08-06 2 SUFFICIENT PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND
2009-08-06 2 $12,5004.00 SECURED BOND SET
2009-08-06 3 AFFIDAVIT OF INSOLVENCY
2009-08-06 4 ORDER APPOINTING PUBLIC DEFENDER FOR 1ST APP HEARING
2009-08-07 5 $12504.00 A-1-24 HOUR CITY BEST BAIL BONDS #2148146
2009-08-07 5 AMERICAN BANKERS INSURANCE CO

http://www1.putnam-fl.com/live/clkmain.asp

Thank you concerned papa, no I have not seen this posted anywhere. Please forgive my ignorance but does this mean that the bond company paid the full bond and now RC is indebted to them for the amount? Also I found it interesting that it appears RC asked for a public defender. Perhaps he is not rolling in dough the way some posters here seem to think.

Thank you concerned papa, no I have not seen this posted anywhere. Please forgive my ignorance but does this mean that the bond company paid the full bond and now RC is indebted to them for the amount? Also I found it interesting that it appears RC asked for a public defender. Perhaps he is not rolling in dough the way some posters here seem to think.
It's also quite interesting that the amount of RC's bail for the disturbance incident is almost the exact same amount as he supposedly received for child support from his ex, which was given to her in three uneven payments by a mysterious benefactor. Strange coincidence.

He would have paid - or someone would have paid on his behalf - $1,250.04 to the bail bond company. If he shows up for the trial that's all that will be owed, and whoever paid it will not get it back. If he fails to show then the bond company will track him down and make him pay the whole amount.

That is certainly correct, but I will point out that RC is not the only person responsible for the whole amount. Unless this bond is different from any I have seen in the past, someone would have had to not only pay the $1,250.04, they would have to sign the bond as a guarantor as well. The name of the bond guarantor is not required to be public information as it is a private agreement between the bond company and the individual.

IMO, with MC still being under the age of 18, it seems likely that the bond was signed by someone else, possibly GGM.

Right......the bond company pays the full amount to the court, the guarantor who offers up the 10% to get Ronald out will also be held to pay the full amount if Ronald fails to appear. The bond guy doesn't care who his money comes from at that point. He'll want it back from wherever he can get it.

I don't think there's anything to worry about that, though.

That is certainly correct, but I will point out that RC is not the only person responsible for the whole amount. Unless this bond is different from any I have seen in the past, someone would have had to not only pay the $1,250.04, they would have to sign the bond as a guarantor as well. The name of the bond guarantor is not required to be public information as it is a private agreement between the bond company and the individual.

IMO, with MC still being under the age of 18, it seems likely that the bond was signed by someone else, possibly GGM.

ITA Papa! I am under the assumption that it was granny Sykes. She and MC went to jail to get RC, so, i am thinking b/c they live with her, and TN hasn't been around in a while, (which i am very surprised about) I am just wondering if it was the mobile home they are living in is what was given for collateral? I am wondering if granny Sykes, she would have to own it in order to give it up for collateral, right? I will go look at some of the older links to see if i can find anything indicating that she owns the MH.

I respectfully disagree. We all draw our own conclusions from the facts presented to us.

"Everything you see and read about Ronald is not "real". I wonder if the fines he paid were in "real" money? I wonder if the night he spent in jail after his assault on Misty's brother was "real" or just a bad dream? Is his daughter "really" missing? Did he "really" marry the teenager who was the last person - allegedly - to see his daughter? Let's get "real" here, Ron isn't the brunt of a conspiracy, he brings this stuff on himself by his OWN actions.

'Course this is only my opinion.
For starters...people do not know if the Croslins came over for the sole purpose of starting a fight. There is no evidence to show Misty called them at all. Misty and Ronald's side of that story has yet to fully come out and the phone records haven't been seen to prove or disprove the Croslin family claims. So we haven't seen the "REAL" story.

He did spend the night in jail, but it does not mean he is guilty of anything. He hasn't been to court yet. Again...what is the "REAL" story?

His drug arrests happened years ago and have no bearing on Haleigh going missing, imo. Paying any fines shows he can be responsible to the court, imo. We don't know the "REAL" story behind his record either. We only know what we see on the documents which doesn't explain anything that took place at the time or what transpired behind the scenes. It was being portrayed by certain members of the press that Ronald was a snitch and it was the reason he didn't spend time in jail...the reports were wrong, imo, but we haven't heard the "REAL" story.

Yes, he did marry her and she was the last person to see Haleigh...except for the abductor, imo. I don't think that every person who has a missing child has divorced the last person seen with their child so why is marrying the last person seen with a child a problem? Obviously, he doesn't believe she is guilty of anything, imo. Again...we don't know the "REAL" story for the reason he married her.

I don't think it had to do with the case of Haleigh being missing, but the animosity between the two families. If LE can prevent them from getting into knock down drag out fights which require LE to become involved to settle minor disputes over Rj or other things...it is in the best interest of the case, imo. It serves no purpose for them to get together and "talk" when they obviously are not going to be on the same page.

I hope MN and TM can move this case forward towards finding out the truth since people are stuck on blaming Ronald and Misty. I do feel it is a positive thing for them both to become involved in order to go beyond what is being done currently by LE.

Ronald beat up Mistys brother........not someone in Crystals family.

Also, as it stands, Ronald informed LE that he had the right to remain silent. All parties, IIRC, stated that Ronald went after Tommy even after he was back in his van attempting to leave.

So you are saying that Tommy did not lay a hand on Ronald or threaten him in any way?

No, ma'am. I am stating that according to the testimony of the other 5 people witnessing the events taking place, Ronald Cummings himself went into his home and then exited again, only to go INTO the van to beat the snot out of Hank2 some more. The eyewitness testimony is what I am basing that on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back