Rosie and her dressed up daughter's pic....

This is one of the main reasons I dont like her at all was her stance on weapons and how she ambushed tom selleck. It screams out controversy to me, she will do *anything* for attention.

She sure did ambush Tom Selleck and her viewers at the same time. I tuned in that day thinking I was going to see another cute friendly talk show and saw that good looking man being humiliated by that woman. I never watched her show again either. I don't like being tricked for someone's politicial or self promotion. Anyone that anti gun shouldn't let their kids play with guns. I think Rosie is a big liar and doesn't really stand for much of anything except herself.

You're right...she will do anything for attention.

I agree. With all the talk about her being considered as the new host of The Price is Right, I am really wondering how that would influence the Barbie doll models that work that show? How will they look and dress if Rosie is the host? LOL!:D

Eve

EXACTLY! Why aren't people up in arms over children soldiers?

How does anyone know we are not? Children as militants, Dafur, female circumcision, ritual stoning, they are all high on my list. And not just a list I read about, one I actively do something about. Petitions, passing along the word, sit ins if needed, money always. Whatever it takes.

But really, what she says and what she does is two different things. Just because we don't like her does not mean we don't get upset over other more important issues. She puts it out there, so she gets what she deserves. Same as if I were to post my kids pics on the net for all to see and someone took offense at what they were doing or dressed as.

She's rude, crude, loud and now, a hypocrite. Not exactly a role model I'd like to have around for my children.

What the heck does that mean? How do you feminize a little boy - I'd really like to know.....:waitasec: my two sons play with plenty of toys that would be considered boyish and plenty of toys that would be considered girlish. I'm just glad they are playing.

I love watching them play pirates and fight with their swords and I love watching them play house and take care of dolls and stuffed animals.

And I love the fact that my almost 7-year-old wanted hot pink swim shoes and tells anyone at camp who gives him grief to "leave him along because he likes the color."

ETA: I think Rosie's daughter is way cute - have no idea about the pictures orgins or of she is trying to make a political statement.

By that I just mean NOT allowing boys to be boys if they want to - as in prohibiting them from playing with guns or fighting with swords like pirates, or being in martial arts or playing with army men etc. I personally know a parent who absolutely denies that behavior to her boy and ONLY him to play with dolls and be sensitive. He really want trucks. He's obsessed with trucks. She doesn't like it.

I know that some parents discourage boy-like behavior. Obviously you do not. I agree that if boys want pink swim trunks and to play house and take care of babies and a father would totally prohibit that, it would be wrong too.

I personally feel in GENERAL, mind you, there are many exceptions, that boys have been raised like wimps lately.

BOYS GONE MILD.

And while we're on the subject of Rosie and adoption... how does she get 4 (is it 4 ? I don't follow that closely but scratch my head and wonder) white BABIES to adopt. There are families waiting for just one. I have clients that are well off (he is a biggie at Lucas Films) and they could not adopt in the states so they adopted two Chinese girl babies. I think foreign adoptions are wonderful, but why does Rosie get an advantage? I don't think it's fair personally.

Flame away. I'm sure I'm not supposed to judge that, but I'm sure there are a lot of couples wondering the same thing.

This comment seen on the web,

It looks like something out of the Patty Hearst Starter Kit.

I'm not sure why an anti gun activist would allow her children to play with bullet belts. Unless of course, she is trying to use her child to make a political statement of some sort?

I liked Rosies old show, but I have never watched The View, or gone to Rosies blog. Who can read that?? The cellphone shorthand. Is it supposed to seem poetic? blech!!

And while we're on the subject of Rosie and adoption... how does she get 4 (is it 4 ? I don't follow that closely but scratch my head and wonder) white BABIES to adopt. There are families waiting for just one. I have clients that are well off (he is a biggie at Lucas Films) and they could not adopt in the states so they adopted two Chinese girl babies. I think foreign adoptions are wonderful, but why does Rosie get an advantage? I don't think it's fair personally.

Flame away. I'm sure I'm not supposed to judge that, but I'm sure there are a lot of couples wondering the same thing.
Maybe they were open adoptions and the birth mothers selected her? My sister and her husband were selected (and completed adoptions) by birth mothers twice, and were selected a third time, before they decided their family was complete, but were unable to take on twins.

I agree. With all the talk about her being considered as the new host of The Price is Right, I am really wondering how that would influence the Barbie doll models that work that show? How will they look and dress if Rosie is the host? LOL!:D

Eve

It seems like Bob Barker did a bit of back-peddling in the end. I think the entire show would have changed...from the models...to the tone of show.

And look what happend to the ratings on The View after she left...lol..they went up. TPIR has been around for a long time, and I am sure the producers want it to be around for a long time to come...and we all know that Rosie would drive that show into the ground.

That's a question several of my friends have who have been trying to adopt. Maybe she was selected by the mother's...but why? I would not want my baby placed into a home with such a volatile woman. I pity Kelly should she want out of the relationship...she can kiss those kids goodbye...including the one she gave birth to.

I don't know of any four year old who dresses up in fake bullets and a head wrap. I don't know of anyone who encourages that, either. '

I think that children should be allowed to be children, and that means rows of ammunition should not be anything they find attractive to wear for dress up.

She sure did ambush Tom Selleck and her viewers at the same time. I tuned in that day thinking I was going to see another cute friendly talk show and saw that good looking man being humiliated by that woman. I never watched her show again either. I don't like being tricked for someone's politicial or self promotion. Anyone that anti gun shouldn't let their kids play with guns. I think Rosie is a big liar and doesn't really stand for much of anything except herself.

I think she is a big liar too, Who knows what she really is about?

By that I just mean NOT allowing boys to be boys if they want to - as in prohibiting them from playing with guns or fighting with swords like pirates, or being in martial arts or playing with army men etc. I personally know a parent who absolutely denies that behavior to her boy and ONLY him to play with dolls and be sensitive. He really want trucks. He's obsessed with trucks. She doesn't like it.

I know that some parents discourage boy-like behavior. Obviously you do not. I agree that if boys want pink swim trunks and to play house and take care of babies and a father would totally prohibit that, it would be wrong too.

I personally feel in GENERAL, mind you, there are many exceptions, that boys have been raised like wimps lately.

BOYS GONE MILD.

Boys gone mild...that made me laugh!

I do think some parents can get very overwrought about their kids playthings. I just don't understand it. The child should be exposed to wide variety of toys and not too many of them, and play how he/she wishes to play. Directing a child's play to the point that the child is only allowed to play with dolls and be sensitive is incredibly controlling.

Both my sons made swords out of everything - sticks, toilet paper rolls, etc... - before they ever had any toy swords.

"boys gone mild" LOL

My sister in law thought she could make her boys play with girls toys, and they just won't. I don't understand why someone feels the need to control what toys their child plays with, but that's another story anyway. I have 3 girls and a boy. Two daughters like(d) the girl stuff. One daughter likes all my sons toys. (Yeah, that goes over well.) Hmm. We sure discuss a whole lot of different subjects when Rosie comes up! :D

I thought Barker toned down his comments as well. In the first place, I was totally shocked by his initial comments. I thought he only liked girly-girls! Seeing how he has treated them, I guess he wouldn't want to see one in power. My second thought was that current sponsors might have pulled out if Rosie replaced Barker.

When I was about 8-9 years old, I lived in a neighborhood where my only friends were boys. My sister and I played boy-type games of guns and war. I would've died and gone to heaven to wear a gunbelt like Vivi's. I'd be the envy of everyone on my street.

But that was many years ago, and times change. Whether Vivi chose to wear that get-up herself or not, the picture is in bad taste.

Yes, the open adoption sounds probable. I can see why someone would want a celebrity to have their child, but celebrities aren't always the best parents just because they have money! Like many of you said, kids will just invent toys out of whatever, so they don't even need the real deal.

I was a tomboy because I grew up around all boys in my "hood". I wanted to fit in and play so I did what they did. I was a redneck girl with horses and such, but at that magical time, I started to naturally become more of a "girl" and now I'm a full-fledged girly girl BUT, I still watch Football, UFC and the Bruce Lee specials on Spike!

It looks like something out of the Patty Hearst Starter Kit.

That's funny.:clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back