Routier business

j2mirish said:
then why as you stated in the post above this- would you have trouble sleeping at their bed & breakfast inn? ( dont get me wrong- i am not indicating you think they had anything to do with it, it just schocked me when you made the comment about keeping one eye open if you slept at thier inn)
I think that there is a BIG difference in saying that someone raised a killer opposed to keep stayng one eye open if you stayed at their B&B....

michelle said:
I think that there is a BIG difference in saying that someone raised a killer opposed to keep stayng one eye open if you stayed at their B&B....
i didnt say she said said they raised a killer- and i dont think killers are generally "raised" either- I was just surprised someone would feel the threat of staying at the "parents" of a killers inn, if they didnt hold any bad thoughts about them to begin with. ok-- we all confused now? LOL

j2mirish said:
i didnt say she said said they raised a killer- and i dont think killers are generally "raised" either- I was just surprised someone would feel the threat of staying at the "parents" of a killers inn, if they didnt hold any bad thoughts about them to begin with. ok-- we all confused now? LOL
I wonder if CWB has a room at the inn? hahahahahahahah!

Goody said:
That's pretty harsh, esp since any one of us COULD raise a killer. Unless Darin was beaten and abused throughout his childhood and grew into an angry young man who lashed out at others, I think it is safe to say his parents had nothing to do whatsoever with what happened that night. As someone else said, "choice" is the keyword here, regardless of what his role in the crime was.

I since "re-thought" my POV........... and BTW, scott peterson was neither BEATEN NOR abused.............. he was raised to believe he's all entitled AND PERFECT.............

I agree that anyone of us could unknowingly raise a killer then HOWEVER you cannot dismiss the effect that Jackie had on her son. When someone grows to believe he cannot do any wrong and is a wonderful DESERVING human who gets ANYTHING HE WANTS, then we may raise a killer.

Just M2cents....................

If you look at my next reply, I thanked "hope" for her opinion and have considered that maybe I was too harsh because I did and do not know the circumstances in which Darin was raised.

Still, I believe that he IS AND WAS involved somehow.

PEACE?

blueclouds said:
I since "re-thought" my POV........... and BTW, scott peterson was neither BEATEN NOR abused.............. he was raised to believe he's all entitled AND PERFECT.............

I agree that anyone of us could unknowingly raise a killer then HOWEVER you cannot dismiss the effect that Jackie had on her son. When someone grows to believe he cannot do any wrong and is a wonderful DESERVING human who gets ANYTHING HE WANTS, then we may raise a killer.

Just M2cents....................
I don't think spoiling someone turns them into a killer. Most of the baby boomers have raised spoiled brats and most of those brats don't kill. Scott just wanted to have things both ways. He wanted his fantasy player life style AND to be seen as loving family man, who could do no wrong. How many men want that? Probably most but most won't kill for it. Scott was a coward, who didn't have the guts to stand up for who he was. He was too busy trying to create the person he thought others wanted him to be. Should we blame the parents for that? Well, why not? Parents have broad shoulders these days. No matter what they do or why they do it, they are wrong and are forever responsible for every character flaw their children have or ever will have. However, in my studies (so far) into why people become violent, I have not found a word on how too much love can create a violent criminal, but who knows? Maybe this new generation will find a way to make the link that will nail the last parent to the cross of personal responsibility for attending too many school functions and sports events, buying to many candy bars for the fundraisers, and giving junior too many bravos in an attempt to create lots of positive self esteem.

Sorry, I think people are way off on the Jackie criticisms. I am sure his spoiled, little prince-ness contributed to his selfishness, but I really don't see a connection to the flaws that made him choose to kill rather than divorce or live up to his responsibilities. I mean, how many country club moms expect their kids to go off into the world to kill someone?

blueclouds said:
Still, I believe that he IS AND WAS involved somehow.

PEACE?
I agree. I don't know exactly what Darin's role was but I lean toward much more guilt than presented by the state. At least I am willing to consider that possibility.

Peace? Of course, peace.

Mama-cita said:
Hahahaha! Jeana you crack me up woman! What was it Ms. Kee was saying about you anyway?

She said that I lied when I said Darlie and Darin had a fight and she asked for a separation the night of the murders.

Jeana, I thought DK was the one who originally told you they had a fight that night. Am I remembering that wrong?

BTW, you crack me up, Jeana. I LOL over the wording on two of your posts... and especially the one where you said DK pissed you off. A little unexpected humor when talking about the D's is a nice change of pace.

HeartofTexas said:
Jeana, I thought DK was the one who originally told you they had a fight that night. Am I remembering that wrong?

BTW, you crack me up, Jeana. I LOL over the wording on two of your posts... and especially the one where you said DK pissed you off. A little unexpected humor when talking about the D's is a nice change of pace.

Yup, that's what pissed me off!!!!! She told me and asked me not to say where the info came from!!! So, I didn't. UNTIL, she went around teling everyone that I was a liar. After that, the gloves were off. Must be why I never hear from her no mo! :innocent:

michelle said:
Oh isnt that sweet, I personally wouldnt spend the night ANYWHERE that they were or owned....
actually, I would stay there. I think it would be fascinating to meet one of the key players. She might even share some insight into Darlie and Darin or I could get to know the boys better. Of course, I'm strange...I wanted to stay at the Lizzie Borden B&B too. Goat said "heck no" party pooper.

beesy said:
actually, I would stay there. I think it would be fascinating to meet one of the key players. She might even share some insight into Darlie and Darin or I could get to know the boys better. Of course, I'm strange...I wanted to stay at the Lizzie Borden B&B too. Goat said "heck no" party pooper.
Oh, I don't blame you. That would be fun. But Lizzie is long gone and so are all the witnesses and possible suspects. Pretty safe there.

Of course, you are correct about taking advantage of the opportunity to learn more about the key players in a situation like that. Guess you and Goat are just going to have to take a little time off and rest up in Texas. LOL!

blueclouds said:
Well look at how Scott Peterson's family and parents are slammed..............

If you believe that Darin had something to do with this, and I FULLY believe he's also guilty, then you believe that his parents raised a killer.

Well what the Petersons did is quite different from running a bed and breakfast. There's absolutely no evidence that the Routiers aided Darin or Darlie in anyway, they didn't help them try to flee the country like the Petersons did Scott. Nor do I believe they raised a killer in Darin.

Goody said:
Does she believe Darlie is guilty? She was once a very strong spokesman for Darlie's innocence, even more out there in your face than DK. Do you think she felt she had to support Darlie to protect Darin? Surely by now he has confided in her exactly what his role was. Do you have any inside info on it?

Her outspokenness made me believe in Darlie's innocence at first. I had never seen a MIL so passionate about her DIL while the real mother just sat there stum. I wonder too if he confided in her. She may believe she contributed to their deaths and was coming from a place of guilt (I am thinking of what Basia said). She had her own motive for doing so but I too am curious as to what she thinks now. Hey I was talking to KINGMO the other day, LOL.

michelle said:
I am not taking anything out on them, I am saying I would not stay there.....Thats my personal decision....

Oh sorry, thought you were advocating blocking it.

beesy said:

Oooooh good you're taking the Jack the Ripper tour with me when we visit London....K?

cami said:
Oooooh good you're taking the Jack the Ripper tour with me when we visit London....K?
You've been busy writing this afternoon haven't you? Every post ended with cami. I'd love the Jack the Ripper tour.
15_1_60.gif

beesy said:
You've been busy writing this afternoon haven't you? Every post ended with cami. I'd love the Jack the Ripper tour.
15_1_60.gif

I was wasn't I. My lip runneth over, LOL.

cami said:
Her outspokenness made me believe in Darlie's innocence at first. I had never seen a MIL so passionate about her DIL while the real mother just sat there stum. I wonder too if he confided in her. She may believe she contributed to their deaths and was coming from a place of guilt (I am thinking of what Basia said). She had her own motive for doing so but I too am curious as to what she thinks now. Hey I was talking to KINGMO the other day, LOL.
Good ol' KingMo! hahahahahahahaha!

Jeana (DP) said:
I agree. I think she'll always have questions in her mind about Darin's "involvement." But this poor woman's been through hell. In some ways, I even feel for Darlie's mother. However, she pissed me off so to hell with her. :snooty:
I can't believe you folks,

Have some idea of What Mama Darlie is going thru, She BELIEVES in her heart her daughter is innocent. She can be tough and even mean to people who don't believe her daughter is innocent but she is a crime victim too. We all are. The entire world suffers a loss when children die so tragically so uselessly. Don't let your emotions get in the way here. Life is too short for all this hate. Pray for Mama Darlie to find the truth, If that means accepting the verdict or uncovering another killer. She only wants to know. If it were you( likelyhood slim I know) on deathrow and you didn't do it wouldn't you want someone like Mama Darlie fighting for you on the outside?I know I would. I can't pass judgement so easily on the anti or pro Darlies cause the memory of the boys gets forgotten and the reason we all are here on this forum gets muddied. We all care about the boys. I know you all have a big hearts so don't let any hate into it, it'll stop you from bringing out all the good that's in there too. I love you and God loves you! I don't care what position you take here. From me you will get RESPECT even if we don't agree.

The Truth is all ANY of us want. The Truth is something we should all expect. The Truth is sometimes hard to believe for either side. As an old friend of Mama Darlie's let me say I'm sorry she pissed you off .I know how much anger, hurt, loss, frustration, stress, etc she is under. Not one of us here could walk in her shoes so we don't really have the right to judge her. I'm just an old friend and it so hard to discuss this case. My chest knots up , I cry about the boys still, its just plain hard to deal with.
Once again let me apolgize for Mama Darlie her HEART is in the right place even if you think her head isn't.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
I can't believe you folks,

Have some idea of What Mama Darlie is going thru, She BELIEVES in her heart her daughter is innocent. She can be tough and even mean to people who don't believe her daughter is innocent but she is a crime victim too. We all are. The entire world suffers a loss when children die so tragically so uselessly. Don't let your emotions get in the way here. Life is too short for all this hate. Pray for Mama Darlie to find the truth, If that means accepting the verdict or uncovering another killer. She only wants to know. If it were you( likelyhood slim I know) on deathrow and you didn't do it wouldn't you want someone like Mama Darlie fighting for you on the outside?I know I would. I can't pass judgement so easily on the anti or pro Darlies cause the memory of the boys gets forgotten and the reason we all are here on this forum gets muddied. We all care about the boys. I know you all have a big hearts so don't let any hate into it, it'll stop you from bringing out all the good that's in there too. I love you and God loves you! I don't care what position you take here. From me you will get RESPECT even if we don't agree.

The Truth is all ANY of us want. The Truth is something we should all expect. The Truth is sometimes hard to believe for either side. As an old friend of Mama Darlie's let me say I'm sorry she pissed you off .I know how much anger, hurt, loss, frustration, stress, etc she is under. Not one of us here could walk in her shoes so we don't really have the right to judge her. I'm just an old friend and it so hard to discuss this case. My chest knots up , I cry about the boys still, its just plain hard to deal with.
Once again let me apolgize for Mama Darlie her HEART is in the right place even if you think her head isn't.

Horse hockey. She told me from her own lips that Darlie and Darin got into a HEATED fight that night and that Darlie asked for a separation. Then she told everyone that I was a liar for saying that it happened. Of course she's a victim of her daughter, but calling me a liar and saying the things that she's said about the police and the prosecutor's office were completely out of line. Don't apologize to me for her. Let her do it herself because that's the only way it will mean anything to me. She asked me not to repeat where the information came from and for YEARS I honored that request. However, when she told everyone I was a LIAR, she broke the promise, NOT me.

Whether she believes her daughter to be innocent is another topic. She's told plenty of people "If we've forgiven her, why can't you." Does that sound to you like she believes that Darlie is innocent? It doesn't sound that way to me.

All she needs to do is come right out and say the truth. The truth is that Darlie Kee is her mother and, like any other mother, she wants to save her daughter's life. Is that so hard to wrap one's mind around?

Go back to the trial. Instead of Darlie and Darin both getting on the witness stand and saying utter b.s. like "we had a perfect marriage," and "of course we didn't have any financial problems," why not just say the truth? The truth is that NONE of us have a perfect marriage and, at times, all of us are less than financially stable, ESPECIALLY with three young children and a failing business. Don't you think the jury would have appreciated them getting on the stand and saying something to the effect of "of course we had our share of financial strains and of course we had our share of marital arguments," . . . ???? Wouldn't that have been a LOT easier for this jury to relate to instead of them trying to paint a picture of a perfect family that didn't exist? Don't you realize that a jury can tell when its being lied to and they DON'T like it. Once they know they're being lied to, its pretty hard to believe ANYTHING the witnesses say after that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back