Roy "Clint" House - Sidebar Chat

Ooohh...I didn't know the sidebar discussions would be issued so soon!

moo

ETA - As a social consequence, if this trial does anything, I think it will raise issues regarding the Florida Sunshine Laws!

ITA Pink Panther....I have opined before about the Sunshine State Laws.

I don't think Baez cared one whit about ICA potentially looking like a lesbian. He just wanted to get as many pictures nixxed as he could, and that was the most convenient objection he could think of.

It must be getting late for me. Can't stop wondering what kind of clubs HHJP has been in and what he has seen in the last 3 or 4 years that have allowed him this insight into the Orlando club scene and women's behavior therein. [I can't shake the image of him dancing to the beat in his judge's robe! eeek! must get sleep now...]

I think it's misogynistic poppycock, maybe it came from Mason. :rolleyes:

Wow! I never gave one thought to KC's sexual preference. I simply could not care less. I am, however, highly offended by his assumption that people over 50 would. . . . what? Find her guilty of murdering her child because she danced with another woman? Think she MUST be a murderer because she might be gay? Are you kidding me? JB must always speak before he thinks. That comment shows a narrow minded <unusual person> in my opinion. Unbelievable!

She was simply engaging in a very (nowadays) common behavior with other women that party girls and frequent clubbers seem to be doing. A certain type of female clubber will engage in sexually suggestive behaviors with other females.

one part alcohol + one part sexually promiscuous/open behavior + willing female of same tendencies can and does sometimes = a show for the boys.

Often it doesn't even indicate a genuine sexual interest in another female but rather is all about performing for the males present.

Not explaining this as well as I would like, but I have noticed it happening more frequently.

I assume we are talking about the photos at the club with her being all "chummy" on the dance floor with a female dance partner? Perhaps there are other photos that go a bit farther?

Anyway, thats my take on it.

ETA as for JB's objections: more ineffectual flailing. moo

I have to wonder if Baez is one day going to look back on his behavior and be simply mortified. I'm wondering if Baez is running some kind of race to become the next F. Lee Bailey but at a much younger age.

JMO

*also posted by ami "It must be getting late for me. Can't stop wondering what kind of clubs HHJP has been in and what he has seen in the last 3 or 4 years that have allowed him this insight into the Orlando club scene and women's behavior therein. [I can't shake the image of him dancing to the beat in his judge's robe! eeek! must get sleep now...] "

~~
One of the best things about this website is the fantastic, quick, witty and wonderful sense(s) of humor people have here. Both of these quotes here just made me break into a HUGE smile. Baez becoming an "earlier" F.Lee Bailey, and The Judge dancing out at the nightclubs in his robe, too funny..... The reality of this case is just so tragic and sad, I often have to quit reading here because the weight of it just becomes too much. Then, I constantly come upon gems like these, knowing how everyone here takes this case so seriously, and it just makes going through the reality of all of this a little easier. Even though we aren't supposed to go O/T during the trial about people's appearances, mannerisms, etc., they often just crack me up and lighten things a little. Thanks for breaking-up the tragedy with these lighter moments!! So many people here are quite hilarious!!

I seriously doubt that the picture had anything in the world to do with ICA appearing to be a lesbian. It had everything to do with the fact that the DT simply did not want the jury to see ANY pictures of her living it up while Caylee was dead.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Baez never ceases to amaze me. Everytime I think he's gone as low as he possibly can (allegations against GA and RK), he pulls out the shovel and digs a new trench.

He's an <<unusual person.>>

ETA: This article also reinforces, strongly, why I :heartbeat: HHJP.

You think JB sunk to a low during opening statements? You wait until it is his turn to call witnesses and then give his closing statements. I feel sorry for the mods on here. I really do because I already feel quite ugly and angry about it.

OMG, take a look at photobucket pics of any young party-hearty 20 somethings....girls...and you will see the same stupid poses. Just hope the DT DOES NOT use this as another reason why Casey can't take responsibility for her actions....."she is confused about her gender, due to her s.abuse that was perpertrated on her."

Saw the news article - saw the thread - read the comments and....well...:floorlaugh: ......awww....huh....so.......ooohboy......

Nah - not going to do it....:innocent:

Giving it a pass.....:ignore:

*also posted by ami "It must be getting late for me. Can't stop wondering what kind of clubs HHJP has been in and what he has seen in the last 3 or 4 years that have allowed him this insight into the Orlando club scene and women's behavior therein. [I can't shake the image of him dancing to the beat in his judge's robe! eeek! must get sleep now...] "

~~
One of the best things about this website is the fantastic, quick, witty and wonderful sense(s) of humor people have here. Both of these quotes here just made me break into a HUGE smile. Baez becoming an "earlier" F.Lee Bailey, and The Judge dancing out at the nightclubs in his robe, too funny..... The reality of this case is just so tragic and sad, I often have to quit reading here because the weight of it just becomes too much. Then, I constantly come upon gems like these, knowing how everyone here takes this case so seriously, and it just makes going through the reality of all of this a little easier. Even though we aren't supposed to go O/T during the trial about people's appearances, mannerisms, etc., they often just crack me up and lighten things a little. Thanks for breaking-up the tragedy with these lighter moments!! So many people here are quite hilarious!!

Thank you. I feel the same way. There are times I find myself literally clapping outloud at some of the wit and humor WS members add to lighten up a thread. I don't always have a chance to thank the WS'rs for this, and don't always find the right words to express so. You did a beautiful job expressing exactly how I feel NavySubMom, so thank you!

Have to wonder what the GLBT community is going to think of JB (and ICA too)? JB doesn't want to offend some older members of the jury. Wonder what the senior citizens think of that? He77 I know some grannies that would be all up in his face for saying what he said..

I say its discrimination and sexual profiling.

I second that.....My neighbors are in their 70's and in a lesbian relationship for apparently 25 years!!!! LOL. Longer than most marriages I know. They would take GREAT offense to his statements, I'm sure.

Lesbianism didn't just come to when his client reared her ugly head..........There have been lesbian since time began. I doubt the jury would have thought one thing about the girl on girl action at the club- they'll be more focused on the good time the mother of a 'missing' child is having. :loser:

Baez tells Perry: "I would just lay out for our argument that any photos that would implicate or insinuate in any way that my client is a lesbian through the dancing she is doing with this other woman..."

At that point Perry cuts him off and asks, "Have you been to nightclubs in the last three or four years?"

Baez says he has been, but noted that the average age of the jurors is 50 and that some members "would be extremely offended" by the image.

I agree that JB (CM?) is just trying to get these photos thrown out so the jury won't see her living it up in the days after Caylee was "kidnapped"/accidentally drowned.

I'm in my 50's and back in the days of my partying/dancing at night clubs, if there were no guys offering to dance when a song was being played we liked, my girlfriends & I would dance with each other - and some of it could have been considered "dirty dancing." Didn't make me or them a lesbian...we were just having a good time - admittedly helped along with some alcohol, lol. Defense desperation is all this line of argument was, IMHO.

Thank you!!! I can't wait to see more of these sidebars come out. Very interesting to see what's going on.

Didn't the defense ask for Roy's transcripts of his testimony? I think they said impeachment purposes, now this! I wonder what that is about.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

yeah... the lesbian remark is just way uncalled for.

as someone who is very active in the GLBT community, (my teenage son is gay)
reading this makes me want to do things to JB that would probably get me a time-out if i talked about... and/or a hefty jail sentence :/

there was a study done and it showed that kids with lesbian moms or gay dads (same sex couples with kids) did better over all academically & socially...so meh.

my son is amazing with his little sisters and he will be an amazing father some day (he wants 5 kids from china and wants to pay someone to birth his own child - like michael jackson) and the thought of someone insinuating that his sexual preference may cast him in a negative light is uber infuriating.

casey has bigger things to worry about.. ohh... like the MURDER of her daughter. ya know.. how she got wrapped in duct tape and ended up in garbage bags in the swap.

Perhaps JB's concern about the "impression" that KC is a lesbian is born from the defense theory itself.....that KC was sexually molested.

IMO KC acting as a bisexual or appearing as a lesbian counters JB's argument.

I don't know much about sexual abuse....but from what I have read.....female victims of sexual abuse at times act out sexually via promiscuity...but they do so in a manner that allows them to take back control of their sexuality and often show contempt against other women.

I do NOT mean to offend anyone....I am simply basing my thoughts on what I have read.

Is it possible that JB wants to thwart any discussion about KC having lesbian interactions becasue that may contradict his opening statement?

I don't have any formal data, but based on what lesbians have told me, many (certainly not all) female survivors of abuse from males go through at least a period where they experiment with lesbianism. On that basis, photos of KC with other women wouldn't hurt JB's abuse allegations.

I think JB is just doing his job. Yes, it's probably a long shot that a juror would decide KC was a lesbian and therefore more likely to be a killer, but JB doesn't need to take that chance.

yeah... the lesbian remark is just way uncalled for.

as someone who is very active in the GLBT community, (my teenage son is gay)
reading this makes me want to do things to JB that would probably get me a time-out if i talked about... and/or a hefty jail sentence :/

there was a study done and it showed that kids with lesbian moms or gay dads (same sex couples with kids) did better over all academically & socially...so meh.

my son is amazing with his little sisters and he will be an amazing father some day (he wants 5 kids from china and wants to pay someone to birth his own child - like michael jackson) and the thought of someone insinuating that his sexual preference may cast him in a negative light is uber infuriating.

casey has bigger things to worry about.. ohh... like the MURDER of her daughter. ya know.. how she got wrapped in duct tape and ended up in garbage bags in the swap.

Your son is very lucky to have such a cool mother!

I'm gay myself and I appreciate your feelings, but I don't think JB was necessarily saying *HE* thought being gay was bad.

I think he just doesn't want to take a change with a homophobic juror and/or (as others have pointed out) he's using the girl-on-girl action as an excuse to keep out some of the photos of his client partying after her daughter died.

That is an insult to most lesbians IMO.
ICA isn't a lesbian or an incest survivor. Unless you can show me a paternity test to prove it. Even if you could ..she's rubbing on a girl to excite a guy.
* you is - no one in particular ..
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic