Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #11

Russian Opposition Leader Navalny Reported Dead In Prison. Who Was He And What Did He Do?​

Feb 16, 2024
Russian opposition politician Aleksei Navalny was found dead while in prison, according to a statement from the local department of the Russian Federal Penitentiary Service. His death has not been independently verified. Navalny was 47 years old, the most prominent critic of the Kremlin for more than a decade.

Navalny Appeared Healthy In Last Video Appearance Before His Reported Death​

Feb 16, 2024
Amid reports of his sudden death on February 16, Russian opposition politician Aleksei Navalny looks healthy and in good spirits in the last-known video allegedly shot during court proceedings a day earlier. In it Navalny is addressing a judge via a video link from his prison in Kharp, Russia.

Surveillance Video Shows Convoy Leaving Prison Likely With Navalny's Body​

Feb 19, 2024
Independent news outlet Mediazona has obtained surveillance footage that shows a convoy of security vehicles leaving the IK-3 prison on the night after Aleksei Navalny's death. The video was recorded on the night of February 16-17.

Navalny's Wife Yulia Navalnaya Vows To Continue His Work, Claims He Was Poisoned With Novichok​

Feb 19, 2024
Aleksei Navalny's widow, Yulia Navalnaya, has vowed to continue his work after his death, and claimed that Russian authorities were delaying handing over his body until traces of Novichok poison disappeared from it.

Should this be posted here or in a new thread?
20 February 2024
'Vladimir Putin's secretive Federal Security Service has arrested a dual Russian-American ballerina on treason charges, officials confirmed Tuesday.

Videos posted by a Russian news agency shows 32-year-old Ksenia Karelina being led into a courtroom in handcuffs and with her eyes blindfolded. It's not clear when the video was recorded.

Karelina is a resident of Los Angeles who became a US citizen in 2021. Her social media pages are littered with photos of her smiling, loving life in the US.'

Should this be posted here or in a new thread?
20 February 2024
'Vladimir Putin's secretive Federal Security Service has arrested a dual Russian-American ballerina on treason charges, officials confirmed Tuesday.

Videos posted by a Russian news agency shows 32-year-old Ksenia Karelina being led into a courtroom in handcuffs and with her eyes blindfolded. It's not clear when the video was recorded.

Karelina is a resident of Los Angeles who became a US citizen in 2021. Her social media pages are littered with photos of her smiling, loving life in the US.'
The treason charges are directly related to her support of Ukraine, so I think it would apply to this thread.

Jack Teixeira, the young Massachusetts Air National Guardsman accused of leaking a trove of classified military documents and posting them online, has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors to plead guilty, according to a new court filing and sources familiar with the case.

On Thursday, federal prosecutors in Boston filed a motion for a Rule 11 hearing on Monday, which signals Teixeira will plead guilty and the judge will determine whether the plea is truly voluntary.

To what charge or charges Teixeira will plead was not immediately clear. The plea agreement has not been publicly filed.

16 years
Massachusetts Air National Guardsman Jack Teixeira agreed Monday that he caused one of the most extraordinary leaks of national defense secrets in years and agreed to accept a prison sentence of 16 years -- what could be the longest sentence in an unlawful retention case.

According to the signed plea agreement filed with the court, Teixeira, 22, agreed to plead guilty to all six counts charging him with willful retention and transmission of national defense information. In exchange, prosecutors agreed not to charge him with additional counts under the Espionage Act.

Here's a similar espionage case of "Beloved Dave" Slater.

A civilian employee in the U.S. Air Force was charged in federal court with giving classified material about the war in Ukraine to a woman he met on an online dating service, apparently unperturbed by her bizarrely worded requests for information on military targets and Russian capabilities.

David Franklin Slater, 63, of Nebraska, was taken into custody on Saturday on a three-count indictment. He is accused of conspiring to transmit and transmitting classified information relating to the national defense to someone who, claiming to be a single Ukrainian woman, wheedled sensitive information out of him while referring to him as her “secret informant love” and her “secret agent.”

Slater Indictment

12. From in or about February 2022 and continuing until in or about April 2022, in the District of Nebraska and elsewhere, Co-Conspirator 1 and DAVID FRANKLIN SLATER regularly communicated over email and through an online messaging platform. During this time, Co-Conspirator 1 regularly asked DAVID FRANKLIN SLATER to provide her with sensitive, non-public, closely held, and classified NDI, to which DAVID FRANKLIN SLATER had accessa s a result of his employment with the United States Air Force. For exampie, Co-Conspirator 1
statedin 2022:

i. On or about March 7, "American Intelligence says that already 100% of Russian troops are located on the territory of Ukraine. Do you think this
information can be trusted?"
ii. On or about March 11, "Dear, what is shown on the screens in the special room?? It is very interesting."
iii. On or about March 15, "By the way, you were the first to tell me that NATO members are traveling by train and only now (already evening) this was announced on our news. You are my secret informant love! How were your meetings? Successfully?"
iv. On or about March 18, "Beloved Dave, do NATO and Biden have a secret plan to help us?"
v. On or about March 23, "Dave, it's great that you get information about [Specified Country 1] first. I hope you will tell me right away? You are my secret agent. With love."
vi. On or about April 12, "Sweet Dave, the supply of weapons is completely classified, which is great!"
vii. On or about April 14, "My sweet Dave, thanks for the valuable information, it's great that two officials from the USA are going to Kyiv."
viii. On or about April 19, "Dave, I hope tomorrow NATO will prepare a very unpleasant "surprise" for Putin! Will you tell me?"
ix. On or about April 21, "You have a job in the Operations Center today, I remember, I'm sure there is a lot of interesting news there?"

An apparent terrorist attack at a club/shopping center in Moscow before a performance started. Dozens wounded and dead. There was also an explosion and the building is on fire.Early videos show multiple men (3, per state media) in camo shooting rifles.

May be unrelated, but a couple weeks ago, the US Embassy in Russia told citizens to avoid large gatherings -- including concerts.https://ru.usembassy.gov/security-alert-avoid-large-gatherings-over-the-next-48-hours/

Last edited:
An apparent terrorist attack at a club/shopping center in Moscow before a performance started. Dozens wounded and dead. There was also an explosion and the building is on fire.Early videos show multiple men (3, per state media) in camo shooting rifles.

May be unrelated, but a couple weeks ago, the US Embassy in Russia told citizens to avoid large gatherings -- including concerts.https://ru.usembassy.gov/security-alert-avoid-large-gatherings-over-the-next-48-hours/

The man was seeking contact with Russians directly involved in the war in Ukraine and was expected to pass on detailed information about the Rzeszow-Jasionka airport in south-eastern Poland, near the border with Ukraine, which is the gateway for international military and humanitarian supplies for Ukraine. It also serves leaders and politicians traveling in and out of Ukraine. The airport is under the control of U.S. troops.

If convicted, the man could face up to eight years in prison, the statement said.

The prosecutors said the arrest is the result of close cooperation with the prosecutors and security services of Ukraine, who tipped them off and who provided crucial evidence. The case is developing, they said.

A number of people, including a dual Russian-Spanish citizen have been arrested in Poland on allegations of spying for Russia since Moscow launched its attack on Ukraine in February 2022.

European Union member Poland has been a staunch supporter of neighboring Ukraine and Zelenskyy in fending off Russia’s aggression of more than two years.

Russian "double-tap" strikes have killed more than 90 Ukrainian first responders and injured close to 350 civilians since April 2022, said Timothy Hanway, the acting U.S. envoy to the OSCE, in an address on April 25.

A "double-tap" attack is a military tactic in which an initial strike is followed by a delayed second strike intended to kill or injure first responders who arrived at the scene. It is a war crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back