Russia - Dyatlov Pass Incident: Mysterious Deaths of 9 Skiers, Feb 1959

My very dearest SeriouslySearching,:blowkiss:

Thank-you my friend!!
I did a double take when I saw that photo and noticed that under the photo it said that it was taken as the rescuers found the scene and then noticed the points I brought up.

I truly appreciate your post.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Maybe they were using some kind of drugs...that would explain why they would run out into the cold night. Not sure it would explain about the tongue or not. Was it missing or cut off and at the Scene? Yea, I know that's kinda gory.

Just bumping this intriguing thread.....seeing if anyone else has any insight, ideas, or theories :)

After reading the article again I noticed that the groups footprints stopped 500 meters away from camp and the bodies were found at the edge of the forest which seemed to have been 1.5 kilometer away from camp. Maybe the group was running from some device that was about to blow and they were actually blown the distance into the ravine ( or near it and fled there for safety) from where their footprints ended. The ones in their underwear could have put their clothing on the severely injured three, maybe built a small fire while one started back towards camp to get supplies but didn't make it.

I found this interesting on WIKIPEDIA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_pass_accident#Inquest

An examination of the four bodies which were found in May changed the picture. Three of them had fatal injuries; the body of Thibeaux-Brignollel had major skull damage, and both Dubunina and Zolotarev had major chest fractures. The force required to cause such damage would have been extremely high, with one expert comparing it to the force of a car crash. Notably, the bodies had no external wounds, as if they were crippled by a high level of pressure.

THEN I FOUND THIS POST FROM SOMEONE

The most mysterious facts are HOW the 3 with deadly internal wounds died, one Tibo-Briniol died from massive skull damage, pulverized skull crushing against brain, it can not be better described than an IMPLOSION, somehow the scalp or skin tissue was not even bruised, nither cut or scratched, but simply intact. the other 2 girls died from internal bleeding as result of exttensive fracture in ribs, Dubinina had her heart pierced by rib bones, another Zolotarev died from massive muscle bleeding that attached to damaged bones. None of them showd any traces of violence applied from outside on skin, no bruises, openings etc. It is unnatural that bones just collapse by themself, any known human technology and natural force are not capable of induce implosion within a body. The word implosion has only wide uses in astronomy to describe the collapse of cores of stars, a death process to become either a neutron star or black hole, as the mass overcomes repulsive force of atoms. Of course science is the only way to interprete nature but our science is still a scrambling child.

Here is a really good MAP so you can see the layout of were they were etc
http://usera.imagecave.com/Binarigamma/s640x480.jpg

here is the translation of tags on the map

1.--Ортортен

Mount Ortorten
1239,2m

2.--Здесь Погибли 9 Манси

Here died 9 mansi people ( in ancient times according to folklore)

3.--1096
Холатчахль
(Гора Мервецов)

Kholatchakhl
(Mountain of th deads)

4.--Что То Появившееся на Небе Пугает Туристов
( Вечер 01. 2 1959 )
What have appeared in sky that scares the tourists

5.-- Туристы В Панике Разрезают Палатку Изнутри И..
Tourists in panick rip open the thent and...

6.--Бегут По Склону
Run down the slope

7.-- Здесь Исчезают Следы
(500м От Палатки )

Here the footprints vanish
( 500m from the tent )

8.-- Здесь Нашли Тела 9 Туристов

-- I.Dyatlov
-- A.Slobodin (Minor skull crack)
-- Z.Kolmogorova

--Dorohenko
--Krivonishenko

--Kolevatov
--Dubinina ( Deadly crampled)
--Zolotarev ( Deadly crampled)
--Tibo-Briniol ( Deadly crampled)

Here found the bodis of 9 tourist
( the names are gathered into 3 as groups of bodies as found lying closely)

9.--Здесь В Авиакатастрофе Погибли 9 Человек

Here 9 people died in plane crash ( 1991 )

10.--Перевал Дятлова
Dyatlov Pass

11.--Ауспия
Auspia River

12.--Лагерь
Camp

13.--Лабаз
Storage house

14.--Золотые Ворота
Golden Crossway

I found one account saying that the group may have been blinded, because of getting or breaking off the large damp branches to start a fire when there was some suitable wood lying around on the ground.

From close-enough's article link ( and probably is mentioned in other articles as well):

The skiers, led by Igor Dyatlov, 23, set up camp for the night of Feb. 2 on the slope of Kholat-Syakhl, a mountain next to Otorten. They pitched their tents at around 5:00 p.m., investigators said, citing photos that they developed from rolls of film found among the abandoned belongings.

OK, answer me this- if they were driven from their tent by some explosive or implosive force and radiation levels were higher than one would expect, then how did their film survive? It should have been exposed and destroyed by the source which either blew them out of the tent or caused them to flee under their own power (missle firing, UFO sighting, etc).
Also, this is not widely discussed now, but the USSR was delving into primitive nuclear weapons at that time.

The first thing I would like to know is what their friend who dropped out became ill from. Did he seek medical attention? Did he have signs of radiation exposure?
The next thing I would like to know is how it has been determined that this is not a very old hoax of some sort. The items found at the tent do not make sense in the total picture: The skis, poles, the camera film still able to be processed. These things do NOT fit any sort of account. Was it staged by the officals?

Last point I would like to make, and this is clear in my mind but is hard to put into words as it is technical, so bear with me.
If the bodies " imploded" as has been described and which makes perfect sense because there were no external injuries, only extreme force injuries, then there would have been more than just fractures and a missing tongue. There would have been enormous heart and circulatory system abnormalities of a type rarely if ever before seen in autopsies. There would have been deflation of lung tissue to the microscopic level with lungs, bronchi, and tracheal surfaces sticking to each other ( because of the natural sticky- like surfactant present in such tissue). Any body cavity which should contain air spaces would not, and spaces within body cavities ( the GI system, the brain, etc) would look like the organs had been put in a bag in a food vacuum sealer.. That's the only analogy I can give as to what an "implosion effect" upon the body would look like upon autopsy. Edited to add: If there is a catastrophic failure of a pressurized cabin combined with extreme deceleration, the condition of bodies might also be similar. A physician trained in space flight would be able to answer this better than I can, but the principles of physics are the same.

Notice that the organs were missing- taken by authorities, probably in lead- lined boxes due to the radiation.

Something's rotten about all of this.. IF Russia exploded some kind of missle in their area, which I think is most likely, it was at the height of the Cold War. There were reasons to obscure and lie. I think they stumbled into the wrong place at the wrong time and were victims of a primitive type of either nuclear fusion or neutron weaponry.
May they rest in peace, and may their surviving families be told the truth after all these years!!!

In one article I read it was stated that there were several items at the scence that COULD NOT be attributed to the dead skiers and one of those items was a set of skis. I think one other other things was a piece of cloth from what appeared to be maybe a military uniform or coat

Couldn't microwaves cause those injuries?

Broken bones?
I don't think the broken bones are likely.

Microwaves vs radiation- not much difference when it comes to the ' burn effect', which was said to be present.

I don't know.. I'm leaning more towards something which violently removed the oxygen from the bodies like a vacuum, and left large amounts of radiation. I have a resource person who will know about this. Time to make a phone call. :)

I just got off the phone with an expert in weaponry, ours vs. the USSRs.
The short answer is that it was probably something similar to an early primitive nuclear bomb. Perhaps closer to what we think of as a dirty bomb.

Also included as a high probability was a small primitive nuclear weapon using either low levels of nuclear fusion or nuclear fission, which the USSR was trying very hard to develop at that time. The internal crush injuries are consistent with blast weaponry in the absence of other projectiles in the area of the blast. IOW, if they were in a snow bank on a bare hill, and running away from the impending blast, there were no objects in their area to cause external injuries. No buildings, no pavement, no flying debris to cause incidental injuries.
He concurred that they were most likely blinded and already dying from radiation injuries when they reached the forest area but that hypothermia is the actual and quite handy cause of death.

He does not discount that the students may have concocted their own dirty bomb as part of a covert operation related to the Ural Polytechnic University where they were students.
He also has a theory that they were guenea pigs for gov't. testing as students, given a suitcase or knapsack containing materials and instructions for use in the final campsite area, and that it was detonated or otherwise exploded with unexpected force.

The " ill" member of the team who dropped out may have been the one to have had more contact with the device or material up to that time, either intentionally or incidentally if the experiment was not disclosed to the students in advance, resulting in his illness which well may have been non-lethal radiation poisioning symptoms.
My contact does have a healthy belief in UFOs, as well as Yeti, but says that due to the intensity of the Cold War and the weapons race between the USA and USSR at that particular time, he doubts there was anything otherwordly involved.

I think these kids were used as test subjects. He agreed with me that the campsite had definitey been tampered with and staged. The film in the cameras could not have withstood levels of radiation, meaning that either the photos of the group alive were taken at an earlier time for deliberate documentation by people who did not continue on the cross-country skiing to the summit of the mountain, and that the other photos said to be from their cameras are faked.
He also said the skis were deliberately shown prominently in the photos of the wrecked tent to say " They were simple skiiers, nothing more". This may not be true. They may have been budding scientists.

As for the absence of the woman's tongue, he believes it could have been bitten involuntarily, and part of it swallowed in an instant, thus would be found on autopsy in her GI tract. The other theory is that if her body was one found 2 months later, an animal could have fed on it if her mouth was open or the tongue was protruding.

Jana, everything he said I agree with. I have always thought the "ill" hiker was part of whatever occurred and he stayed behind because of what he knew would happen. I didn't take into account that the USSR could have been part of the scenario, but sure...why not?

Jana, everything he said I agree with. I have always thought the "ill" hiker was part of whatever occurred and he stayed behind because of what he knew would happen. I didn't take into account that the USSR could have been part of the scenario, but sure...why not?

I think it's much more likely that the USSR was behind this incident than that they weren't. In 1959, the USA was sending monkeys into space... Miss Baker, etc.
The USSR was working hard on its space program's superiority to the USA's, including a trial of nuclear fission powered space rockets, both manned and unmanned. There were MANY projects which were abandoned and covered up over there after large groups of scientists and technical people literally died, were blown up or were burned to death in " experiments gone wrong". More about that later.

The students may have been recruited to do experiments in the pristine and isolated environment of the Urals. I do not know what their majors of study were, or if the information provided about them would be at all accurate anyway. In the USSR, government came first.. young people were recruited to do all kinds of things in the name of the state. One example of the sort of thing we Americans have known about for all of my lifetime is the taking of children from parents to train them for any Olympic event starting at the pre-school level back then. It is the only practical example I can think of right now, one of many, where people were shown to be extremely expendable in the name of the superiority of the USSR. They were stident in their efforts to show superiority to the USA in all Olympic events and took children at the age of 5, 6 and put them into a program: Gymnastics, running, ice skating, etc. The children were subjected to a form of brainwashing which is common to Communism. They were taught that the greatest achievement they could ever accomplish was Victory for the USSR at great personal cost and sacrifice.
The college students may have been subjected to the same rhetoric and worse.

The former USSR recently ( within the past 10 years) released info about one huge explosion which did have nuclear radiation contamination. They more or less buried hundreds of bodies of scientists where they lay inside a mountainside. This one event pushed back their space race superiority at the time. We were not told anything about any of this until recently.

I know that if there was one incident of this type, there had to have been MANY more which were so horrifying, so embarrassing or so isolated or both that they have remained covered up. Think Chernobyl.

My friend also says that even now, there are "wacky" technological or nuclear based experiments attempted by the former USSR which their governments do not want leaked to us, as a Superpower nation and potential foe in the next cold war.
He explained to me that while most people believe that our Area 51 was about an alien spacecraft crash, it is just as likely that we were conducting our own form of the Ural Mountain skiing explosion and that the area was secured and is secured because high levels of radiation from our own experiments gone wrong remain there. The remains of whatever occurred are stored in a locked, guarded hangar at Langley AFB.
It is likely that the bodies seen and called " aliens" were humans whose bodies were also imploded in very unusual and unprecedented ways during the experimental nuclear accident which most likely involved experimental manned craft with a radioactive core energy source.

He says it was easier and more convenient for the government to let people believe that alien life forms crashed in the desert than to say " we created a nuclear- powered craft which crashed and released enough radiation to contaminate thousands of square miles for generations. Oh, and by the way, the radioactive explosion created an implosive effect which reduced several poor souls' bodies to the size of skinny children ( organs shrunken and long bones internally pulverized similar to what is described in the USSR event) with misshapen heads ( massive skull fractures)."

It makes perfect sense to me when he tells it and he knows exactly what he is talking about. I hope my lame attempts to retell what I was told and understood very well comes through in the retelling. :).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back