Saipan - Faloma Luhk, 10, & Meleina Luhk, 9, Americans, As Teo, 26 May 2011

There is a Santa Lourdes Shrine in As Teo and I can't even find an address for this as a starting point (the Shrine looks very interesting). Saipan is noted as a tourist place as well so there could have been a fair number of folks from "away" visiting when the girls went missing. They were seen at 6:10am waiting for the school bus but missed the school bus at 6:30am so that means whatever transpired did so in that 20 minute time period.

Am going to take a quick look at the RSO registry now to see if anything jumps out at me.

There is a Santa Lourdes Shrine in As Teo and I can't even find an address for this as a starting point (the Shrine looks very interesting). Saipan is noted as a tourist place as well so there could have been a fair number of folks from "away" visiting when the girls went missing. They were seen at 6:10am waiting for the school bus but missed the school bus at 6:30am so that means whatever transpired did so in that 20 minute time period.

Am going to take a quick look at the RSO registry now to see if anything jumps out at me.

Not sure if I did it right, but I found 0 in As Teo, and 2 in Kagman (one of which is an absconder). The second had a possession of child *advertiser censored* charge.

Am sure you did it right as I found 0 in Saint Lourdes, Saipan County and 2 in Kagman which would be near the elementary school that the girls attended.

The Kagman area absconder was convicted in 2001 for rape count 1(visible scar on his front neck area) - last registered in 2009. The other offender found in Kagman was convicted in 2007 of sexual abuse of a minor in the 2nd degree - count 1 (and has tattoos on various parts of his body).

Dang, this is hard slogging to find information. Is this offender that was convicted in 2007 incarerated as I can't tell from the information on the offender site - looks like he is not but I could be wrong.

The absconder with the visible scarring on his front neck area sounds interesting as the authorities were loooking for a man with a "birthmark" on the side of his face who was seen in the Saint Lourdes area the day the girls went missing. Neck vs face = probably a stretch.

Absconder with scar in front neck area (the picture was undated so scarring could be after this picture was taken). I fail to see any scarring ..... know am going blind but can't see it.

Attachments

• Absconder with scar.png
    Absconder with scar.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 51
Northern Mariana Islands RSO database can be searched using the geographical search and using zip code. There are three zip codes for the Northern Mariana Islands (96950=Saipan; 96951=Tinian; 96952=Rota).

When a search is done on the 96950 zip code (Saipan) there are about 35 RSO's of which close to half of them have absconded.

Sadly, these two little girls have been missing for close to a month now and there are no new leads.

http://www.kspn2.com/archive-v.asp

K-9 Overheats during Search: The heat and humidity of Saipan appears to be hampering the efforts of a K-9 unit brought here from Hawaii.

The girls mother says she is living in a nightmare. The girls guardian and owner of Champs Shaved Ice in pix with the two girls.

Attachments

• Search Dog.png
    Search Dog.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Mother.png
    Mother.png
    239.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Guardian and owner of champ's shaved ice.png
    Guardian and owner of champ's shaved ice.png
    282.1 KB · Views: 42
SWMNBN, I am not completely sure of the accuracy of the bus stop and the girls' home. Most of it is speculation and conclusions drawn by reading different articles & blogs. It is possible that the bus stop is actually further west on the road, where it intersects with Isa Drive, as that is the aerial location that was shown in a news report, but another blog indicated that it was just up the road from the entrance to the Shrine, which is where I currently ahve it located. It is so difficult to figure out where everything is on this little island.

There is a blog written by a couple who lived next door to the girls for a year. I may email the author and find out exactly where everything is located, so that we have a better idea.

SWMNBN, I am not completely sure of the accuracy of the bus stop and the girls' home. Most of it is speculation and conclusions drawn by reading different articles & blogs. It is possible that the bus stop is actually further west on the road, where it intersects with Isa Drive, as that is the aerial location that was shown in a news report, but another blog indicated that it was just up the road from the entrance to the Shrine, which is where I currently ahve it located. It is so difficult to figure out where everything is on this little island.

There is a blog written by a couple who lived next door to the girls for a year. I may email the author and find out exactly where everything is located, so that we have a better idea.

Gotcha. :) But either way, I was completely and utterly lost in the dark about the location of everything except the school. So it still helps a great deal.

There is a LOT of dense, wooded area there, too. Very hard to search that.

15 FBI agents, staff leaving

Four weeks later and with an overtime tab that's already half-a-million dollars, the feverish search for sisters Faloma and Maleina Luhk is winding down, leaving experts without a clue as to what had happened to the two.

Tracking dog Pohaku failed yesterday in his last day to locate the sisters, even as 15 FBI agents and support staff prepare to leave Saipan to return to their jobs in Honolulu.

[snip]

He disclosed that they are still interviewing several people, persons of interests, and potential witnesses and are also looking for items that they believe may be relevant to the case.

More: http://www.saipantribune.com/newsstory.aspx?newsID=110483&cat=1

Okay, here's the map that I have so far as I have been able to figure out...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...ll=15.192703,145.763254&spn=0.002223,0.003259

Let me know if there is anything that you would like me to add.

Awesome map hollye .... thank you. Over the next little while if we can identify precisely the areas that have been searched would that be something that you could add to the map. This map is very helpful - almost had bleeding eyes trying to find out where things were.

eleph

FBI pulls out off-island staff from missing girls case in CNMI

In the Northern Marianas, 15 FBI staff are leaving Saipan after their extensive search for missing sisters Faloma and Maleina Luhk proved futile.

[snip]

The FBI agents assigned in Guam and Saipan, as well as local police, will be left to handle the disappearance of 10-year-old Faloma and 9-year-old Maleina.

More: http://www.rnzi.com/pages/news.php?op=read&id=61333

*hollye* Here are some locations of searches done this week.

DPS team searches Kalabera Cave

The Department of Public Safety's team yesterday searched the Kalabera Cave and the Bird Island cliff line in Marpi, but still failed to find any trace of missing sisters Faloma and Maleina Luhk.

[snip]

Press secretary Angel Demapan told Saipan Tribune that DPS team also scoured the Bird Island cliff line as well as the Kagman watershed known as Education Island.

More: http://www.saipantribune.com/newsstory.aspx?cat=1&newsID=110506

Sorry I don't have any specific addresses for these...

Incident Command Post
: Kagman Community Center

Search Locations:

Villages: Achugau, As Matuis, Capital Hill, Chalan Galaide, Chalan Kiya, Chalan Piao, Kannat Tabla, San Roque, Sadog Tasi, Tanapag, and Kagman (specifically behind the Mobil gas station, Joeten, behind Laolao Bay Golf Resort, LauLau Bay)

Other: Marpi landfill, Bird Island cliff line in Marpi, Susupe Lake, Kalabera Cave, Kingfisher Golf Links, Lower Navy Hill, Kagman watershed (Education Island)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back