Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s not saying where the body is because the police haven’t said what their evidence is against him yet and he’s hoping it’s not strong enough to convict and he can plead not guilty. If he says where the body is it’s going to be straight away a guilty verdict.

In terms of what happened, I am leaning towards two theories…

One is that given he was into athletics maybe he like Samantha was into running through that area. He might have run into Samantha and because she was alone and vulnerable sexually assaulted or he tried to and she fought back and he killed her so she couldn’t report him. That or they ran across each other and got into an argument about something that progressed to murder. If he was known to run through there, like if he told his girlfriend or a friend he was going to run there and was back later than usual, perhaps with scratches, that could have led to someone telling police about him when they said about tips from the public.

My other theory is that if his car was involved in her death then it could have been a road rage incident or he struct her accidentally then purposely finished her off so she couldn’t report him. I’m not sure if she was near/on the road though at the time.

I think he’s not saying where the body is because the police haven’t said what their evidence is against him yet and he’s hoping it’s not strong enough to convict and he can plead not guilty. If he says where the body is it’s going to be straight away a guilty verdict.

In terms of what happened, I am leaning towards two theories…

One is that given he was into athletics maybe he like Samantha was into running through that area. He might have run into Samantha and because she was alone and vulnerable sexually assaulted or he tried to and she fought back and he killed her so she couldn’t report him. That or they ran across each other and got into an argument about something that progressed to murder. If he was known to run through there, like if he told his girlfriend or a friend he was going to run there and was back later than usual, perhaps with scratches, that could have led to someone telling police about him when they said about tips from the public.

My other theory is that if his car was involved in her death then it could have been a road rage incident or he struct her accidentally then purposely finished her off so she couldn’t report him. I’m not sure if she was near/on the road though at the time.
From the information released I read that he was out partying allegedly drug taking and drinking until 3am so not sure if a 7am morning athletic run could be realistic? IMO
If this was the case it would be more likely targeted or aimless wandering? MOO

LE should be able to determine if the car was involved in a collision or multiple collisions and how the car was driven exactly during the collisions by accessing the cars computers.

This would include speeding up before a collision, reversing the vehicle before a collision etc.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think it feels right, either. Most people with ADHD don't murder other people; I think it's got to do with something else, more personality-wise perhaps. Don't think the allegedly taking drugs helped. Neurotypical people can have dramatically lowered inhibitions, has nothing to do with ADHD. IMO MOO
Of course. Just as with many mental health conditions the majority of people don’t murder/assult etc.

Unmanaged and untreated ADHD/ODD can develop into personality disorders. All speculative of course.

Interested as to why his lawyer stated client didn’t suffer from mental health issues.

Given he was out partying until early morning, and on stimulants, I feel that he was on a “walk” or aimlessly wandering around when Samantha stumbled upon him. Maybe he was doing something he was embarrassed about, or maybe he was taking a nap and she checked on him to make sure he was ok, and for whatever reason he’s reacted violently. Or possibly he’s tried to SA her and then it’s progressed to murder.

Can someone please link me to the TV special regarding this case? ty

Reactions: MrJ
Was the perp living with his girlfriend? If so, I'm wondering what happened to her in the time between the party and the alleged attack. Did he really leave the party at 3am, or was that just how long the party went for?

Also, I'm wondering if he and Sam's daughter had any mutual friends or friends of friends, given they were the same age and from the same area.

This could have prompted a friend to go to the police with their suspicions.

Police need to find Samantha’s body to conduct an autopsy and figure out exactly what happened to her.

I hope police are looking into his family, I'm not suggesting they are involved, I don't believe they are. For example - IF the accused knows that his sibling is a real estate agent and has access to many properties over Ballarat, then he might have buried Samantha’s body on one of those properties that were vacant at the time? Just my opinion and again, I don't believe his family were involved.

I know you've said that this is your opinion only but I just wanted to point out that the police have explicitly said this is not what happened.
It was not an accidental hit and run, it was a deliberate attack.
From what I understand, in the scenario he was driving up there and swerved to scare her (she might have told him to slow down prior to "that" sunday, he might have done this in retaliation and accidentally hit her), swerved to intentionally hit her, or came flying around a bend a accidentally hit her, it's not a hit and run however could still be murder, if she was only injured and he didn't call for assistance but instead took her else where that is still murder, or, she died upon impact and he took her elsewhere, not technically by definition a hit and run as Police did not rule this out, they only ruled out a "hit and run", definition in the name however a Hit and Run: "denoting or relating to a motor accident in which the vehicle involved does not stop." A hit and run perp can be charged with murder amongst other charges. He still could have hit her with a vehicle, police have not ruled this out, they have only ruled out a "Hit and Run".

Does intentionally, deliberately, driving under the influence meet the definition of murder? Reckless indifference to life?
It is highly likely that it would meet the 'reckless' criteria. It could be argued by a savvy defence that while, you know, driving knowing one was drunk is one thing, but the death caused ( I presume you include a death resulting ) was quite accidental .....doesn't mean to say the judge would buy it, though.

I just don't know where the premise of her being hit by a car has come from. Most likely, he , at some stage, used a car to remove her body from the murder site at Mt Clear ( that's where VICPOL say she was murdered that Sunday morning) because her body is not , plainly, at Mt Clear. That is a given, her body is missing. Logically, he didn't carry her away on his shoulders. But where does the claim of this being some sort of collision event come from?

But where does the claim of this being some sort of collision event come from?
Varied hypothesis' based an speculation comments/rumours I guess. There's been alot of stuff floating around on different platforms. Someone on Facebook who may have known him was claiming he hit the victim on a motorbike. So the range of possibilities is quite large which most likely won't be known for some time.

I just don't know where the premise of her being hit by a car has come from. Most likely, he , at some stage, used a car to remove her body from the murder site at Mt Clear ( that's where VICPOL say she was murdered that Sunday morning) because her body is not , plainly, at Mt Clear. That is a given, her body is missing. Logically, he didn't carry her away on his shoulders. But where does the claim of this being some sort of collision event come from?
Possibly because the Major Collision Investigation Unit were involved in the targeted search and police mentioning a damaged car in the presser.

I was just going to post the same question. Why are so many convinced it was a car incident???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX