SAR searches for cell phone

I left a comment on the reporters page asking for clarification on her reporting as to the phones AND DDS testifying on friday (she is saying she did and I have not seen that reported elsewhere??? anyone else???)

This seals the deal for me: Terri is involved and DeDe as well to some degree. JMO

Yeah, we have a conflict of reporting here for sure. I think her report needs verification.

The phones were purchased after Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, moved out of the family's home.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100161574.html

This is what is understood as well, this is confusing. I could somewhat understand the purchase of these phones (although very dumb to do at this point) when Kaine left and filed the divorce and restraining order. This is when her friends and family were staying with her.

So Dede testified to the GJ on Friday, huh. And not a single reporter saw her going in or out. That's phenomenal.

Maybe they didn't know she was going to be there. Maybe they weren't told she was testifying that day. Who knows what was done to keep them away from her. I'd imagine after last time she'd have a car waiting out back and a decoy out front so the press would stay away from her (not that she would really do that, but I'm just saying there are things that can be done so that the press wouldn't get wind of the fact that she was testifying at the GJ on Friday). And we don't know if she's finished testifying either. I'm sure the media is camped out there now in case she's coming back.

Just want to note that that's a Twitter, not a report or an article.

Nursie, thank you so much for contacting her for clarification. That's HUGE if those cells were bought the day Kyron disappeared.

I'm expecting Breaking News reports to come bursting out of every news outlet any second...

If the phones were purchased the day Kyron went missing, then even I'll be knocked off the fence. That is real, tangible evidence that something was immediately amiss. If the phones were purchased after the failed sting, after Kaine filed for divorce, took baby K, and Terri was served with the RO, then while stupid, the use of batphones is explainable for reasons other than Terri communicating with a supposed accomplice or about Kyron's abduction three weeks prior, IMHO.

In the words of Marvin Gaye.. "What's goin' on? What's goin' on?"
Sorry it was in my head :wink:

Praying for some BIG news today! And that it will lead to Kyron! :praying:

If this reporter got something THAT crucial that wrong, she needs to go back to journalism school for a refresher. Really.

If this reporter got something THAT crucial that wrong, she needs to go back to journalism school for a refresher. Really.
I know right!!!! It would kinda be like me trying to hook up a ventilator to the place where the catheter bag goes! (as a nurse, I mean...)

fwiw, she has still not responded.

I tend to think she has 1/8 of her facts straight and the rest are "in the wrong hole" ;-) MOO of course

I know right!!!! It would kinda be like me trying to hook up a ventilator to the place where the catheter bag goes! (as a nurse, I mean...)

fwiw, she has still not responded.

I tend to think she has 1/8 of her facts straight and the rest are "in the wrong hole" ;-) MOO of course

BBM

BWAH!! to this whole post, but especially the bolded part. It just made me LOL.

Surely they don't think Terri beat Kyron to death with a cell phone? Took other/more pics of him on June 4 prior to whatever happened and they would be stored on the cell?

I just can't think of what could physically be on a phone to warrant sending out the searchers. It makes no sense to me.

ETA: Oh! This is from Unnamed Sources. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Here's the full sentence, only part of which is given in the OP:

Investigators will only say they are looking for "forensic evidence," but other sources say the search is for one or more disposable cell phones which Kyron's stepmother and her friend bought under false names.

Sometime I think media get there info from the crime boards:waitasec:

I can't wait to get confirmation on when the phones were bought because that could surely knock me off the fence. It can't be that much of a coincidence that on the day Kyron goes missing, they had just so happened to buy these secret phones, then TH and DS are both unaccounted for an hour and a half.

The statement that caught my eye the most, though, was "bought under false names". I'd like to hear WHY the stepmom of a missing boy not only needs multiple secret phones, but in a false name. AND her friends also got secret phones in false names. Can't think of a single good reason to explain this.

Do we know who the "other" friend is?

So are there 5 pre-paid cell phones?

She insists the three of them – DeDe, Terri and her – only got the phones because the new AT&T service would allow them to make calls out of the Horman home at Shelter Nook Road. The home is in a remote area that does not receive Verizon service, which is what the friends had.

What remains unclear is why two additional prepaid phones were purchased at another store in downtown Portland the next day under the same fake name used at the Lloyd Center. The friend said she knows those phones were paid for in cash but she did not make the purchase.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100161574.html

Sometime I think media get there info from the crime boards:waitasec:

Interesting thing is she says she just hung up with the MCSO. That makes it sound pretty reliable, UNLESS she HEARD it wrong. I would think this info would be all over the news by now if it were true.

5 phones? 5 phones? And these "hardened criminals " are still escaping justice....wow.

5 phones? 5 phones? And these "hardened criminals " are still escaping justice....wow.

That's the problem - they're not hardened criminals. They're suburban moms that should be more concerned about their families and less concerned about the one friend they chose to help evade the law. I swear it sounds like a Hollywood script that someone thought would be a good idea to try in real life. I hope this was a wake up call to them and any other bored housewives who are thinking of trying a caper with super secret cellphones and hush hush conversation - get a freaking hobby that won't arouse the police's interest, willya? Support a friend more silently and less like suburban spies? Man my head hurts from all of this...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back